3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein recipes & pix from Finland (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland.html)

thegooch 03-26-2012 02:51 PM

Thanks for the recipes

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4049889)
SUCCULENT SEAFOOD PATTIES:
These are quick & easy to make and can be taken with you to work to heat in the microwave as well. Don't be intimidated by the ingredients list...many herb substitutions are welcome and you usually have most ingredients to make this work on hand. This one really hit the spot and satisfied the cravings for a toasted tuna sandwich or a crab patty.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...49561575_n.jpg

Ingredients:
1 can tuna (in water)
2 beaten egg whites (add 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar if desired)
Handful of Red/Yellow/Green Bell Pepper (Paprika) chopped in small pieces (about 1/4 cup or less)
Handful of chopped leek or red/white onion (about 1/4 cup or less)
Splash of Lemon Juice
Herbs (I use about 1 TB of an asian herb mix I make and freeze which includes:
Parsley, Cilantro, Lemongrass, Ginger (very small pieces), & Red Chili. Don't worry if you dont have them all and you can substitute Basil, Oregano, etc. Though if you can find them, the herbs listed above work best for the right flavor)
Sea Salt & Crushed Black Pepper & White Pepper
Salad
Salad Dressing (your choice. I use Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Lemon Juice, 1 package of Truvia (or other sweetener), 1 TB Mustard, Pinch of cilantro, & ginger paste)

Directions:
1. Drain Tuna and put in bowl.
2. Add salt (not too much!), pepper (lots) and herbs (best with parsley, cilantro, ginger...add the lemongrass & red chili if you have them. Substitute with other herbs like dill or thyme to your taste)
3. Add chopped bell peppers and leek/onion. You can also add in chopped cucumber, chilis, or zucchini if desired.
4. Squirt in lemon juice and stir til blended. (Tuna should not be in big chunks) Drain any liquid before adding to egg whites.
5. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff (you can add Cream of Tartar if you want it thicker)
6. Drop in tuna mix and fold together.
7. Add 2 tsp olive oil to pan
8. Drop about 1/4 cup batter onto hot pan on stove. (Usually fits 2 patties at a time).
9. Cook until you are able to flip over, being careful not to flip too early or it will break apart. (Not a big deal, though... still tastes great)
10. Place cooked patties onto lettuce leaves.
11. Use your favourite Ideal Protein approved dressing. (Recipe for what I use is above, but this would taste great with a wide variety of dressings like sweet onion, asian, lemon poppyseed, dill, etc)

Makes 4-6 good sized patties.

Hi Steven

I just completed with 1st week of IP with great success. I have been enjoying your recipes to help me jazz things up to complete Phase I. I just wanted to say thanks so so much for sharing.
Michelle (Ottawa, Canada)

Chloe222 03-26-2012 04:19 PM

Steven,
This thread, your recipes, your ideas are amazing! I am in awe of you. Thanks also to the other fine cooks who have provided recipes and ideas here.

Thank you so much!
Chloe

shiipa 03-31-2012 09:07 AM

bump

pegv 03-31-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4103813)
Molly, turn back a page and you should find the answer:

Click Here for Tips if Your Waffles Dont Turn Out

In summary:
1. Make sure your waffle iron isnt too hot.
2. Only use 2oz (50ml) water for the first batch....after you make great waffles, then you can play with the recipe more later.
3. Egg Whites shouldnt matter, but others recommend not beating until stiff, but just beating well in case too stiff might be the problem (although I dont think it is!)
4. Make sure your baking soda is fresh.
5. Let the batter sit for about 5 min so the baking powder/soda has time to inflate the batter.
6. Dont use Stevia when you try again. Although it shouldnt make a difference, at least in other recipes, Stevia powder demolished my egg whites. Try once batch without the extra sweetener.

That should fix it. We have had so many people comment on perfect waffles that I had to go back to the kitchen to figure out how to make an "bad" airy batch to see what could have gone wrong.

Hope that works for you... this is my new favourite!

I have tried many times making these and end up eating crumbs that I scraped off the waffle maker. My iron does'nt tell me what the temp is, so I put it on 400, is this to hot? I make these now and fry them in the skillet for a pancake but I would rather have the crispy waffle and not the crumbs that have been scraped off the maker!!:)

sunshine1986 04-02-2012 01:34 AM

I am in heaven with all these recipes & pics! Can't wait to try some of these. It will be like I am not on a diet at all! Thanks for sharing! The pics are amazing!!!

ChaloJ 04-02-2012 01:56 AM

The crispy cereal croutons saved me from salad boredom this week. So good.

And I tried the cauliflower breadsticks tonight. I'm wondering if I should have blanched the cauliflower first, though. Thoughts? Otherwise, I thought they were wonderful.

Thanks so much for taking the time to present these to the world, Steve. Well done!

Sewmam 04-02-2012 08:13 AM

Steven,

It's gonna take me awhile to get through all of these, but I just wanted to thank you for posting these! It is so generous of you to share your ideas!

One thing I've really enjoyed through this process, beyond the weight loss, was to reawaken my love of cooking and getting creative with spices and trying new things. I buy very little that is premade now - I can make it better!

Thanks and good luck!

CassiR 04-24-2012 12:05 PM

bump

Tmg1989 05-01-2012 08:52 AM

Bump

Since starting this past Dec 1 i have been basic in my food selections. Just started trying recipes and they are wonderful and easy!

FinnSteven 05-01-2012 04:20 PM

Thanks for all the kind comments. Lots of brand new recipes on my facebook page. (My coaches finally got in the new food past customs... so look out for recipes for clam chowder, potato pancakes, fried rice, and a bunch of other new treats.)

http://www.facebook.com/idealproteinlohja

Click LIKE to get regular updates.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...62883588_n.jpg

Fried "Rice" + Shrimp with Raspberry dressing (Sugar-Free Torani syrup + olive oil & spices. Also try oil + 1 tsp of raspberry IP Jelly or 1 tsp IP Mango/Peach)

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 05-01-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4316226)
Thanks for all the kind comments. Lots of brand new recipes on my facebook page. (My coaches finally got in the new food past customs... so look out for recipes for clam chowder, potato pancakes, fried rice, and a bunch of other new treats.)

http://www.facebook.com/idealproteinfinland

Click LIKE to get regular updates.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...62883588_n.jpg

Fried "Rice" + Shrimp with Raspberry dressing (Sugar-Free Torani syrup + olive oil & spices. Also try oil + 1 tsp of raspberry IP Jelly or 1 tsp IP Mango/Peach)

Wow that looks like real rice... thanks I still come back here and look for recipes from you.:hug:

SoSo 05-01-2012 05:43 PM

Hi , Just started the IP today, I am excited ! I love all the recipes here ! Just gotta know how you get all the cute animated stuff on your post and the weight tracker ?

Puff8alump 05-06-2012 02:20 AM

Thank you, loving all the recipes very inspiring!

Tmg1989 05-06-2012 08:34 AM

FinnSteve doesn't post here anymore BUT here is the correct facebook page for recipes:

http://www.facebook.com/IdealProteinLohja?ref=ts

Great posts there!

Skinnyminny26 05-07-2012 08:06 PM

So many yummy recipes

SoSo 05-08-2012 07:42 PM

Those stuffed peppers look great ! Are you allowed to have red,yellow and orange peppers on phase 1 ?

FinnSteven 05-14-2012 12:29 PM

bell peppers

Quote:

Originally Posted by sofiawatts (Post 4326178)
Those stuffed peppers look great ! Are you allowed to have red,yellow and orange peppers on phase 1 ?

All colors of bell peppers are allowed in phase 1. Note that different colors have different carbs, though.

GREEN
½ cup chopped green Bell pepper: 2.5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 15 calories
½ cup sliced green Bell pepper: 1.5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 9 calories
1 medium green Bell pepper (about 2¾" long and 2½" or about 4¼ oz.): 6 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 24 calories

RED
½ cup chopped red Bell pepper: 3 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1.5 grams fiber and 23 calories
½ cup sliced red Bell pepper: 2 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 14 calories
1 medium red Bell pepper (about 2¾" long and 2½" or about 4¼ oz.): 5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 37 calories

Daydreamer73 05-14-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4332765)
All colors of bell peppers are allowed in phase 1. Note that different colors have different carbs, though.

GREEN
½ cup chopped green Bell pepper: 2.5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 15 calories
½ cup sliced green Bell pepper: 1.5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 9 calories
1 medium green Bell pepper (about 2¾" long and 2½" or about 4¼ oz.): 6 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 24 calories

RED
½ cup chopped red Bell pepper: 3 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1.5 grams fiber and 23 calories
½ cup sliced red Bell pepper: 2 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 14 calories
1 medium red Bell pepper (about 2¾" long and 2½" or about 4¼ oz.): 5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 37 calories

OMG! Thanks for sharing that difference. I didn't know this - - should I stick to green peppers on phase 1 then?

FinnSteven 05-14-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daydreamer73 (Post 4332770)
OMG! Thanks for sharing that difference. I didn't know this - - should I stick to green peppers on phase 1 then?

I interchange bell peppers and dont notice a difference. But if you are concerned and dont think they taste different, go green.

(Though I read somewhere that the colored peppers have more good things in them... but who knows?)

wuv2bloved 05-14-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4332870)
I interchange bell peppers and dont notice a difference. But if you are concerned and dont think they taste different, go green.

(Though I read somewhere that the colored peppers have more good things in them... but who knows?)

Good to see you around again, I have been keeping up with you on FB :)

sprite613 05-15-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 4010348)
For a sugar free terriyakki sauce I use soy sauce, splenda or stevia, and a bit of ginger ( I like it best with fresh grated). The consistency is more like that of a marinade BUT, :) I found that if I use just a bit of arrowroot powder or just a tiny bit (1/8 of tsp roughly) of guar gum powder I can create something a little thicker that will cling. You can also add a bit of ginger and a few sprinkles of sesame seeds to this mixture.

Thanks a lot for this little tip! I tried it last night as a marinade for steak and then grilled it. It was fabulous!! My hubby even commented on how good it was. Now I have to try some of the dressing ideas also.

Tmg1989 05-15-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4332870)

FinnSteven we are happy to see you! I too have been ith you on FACEBOOK!

MANY of us thank you for your very valuable contributions!

FinnSteven 05-16-2012 11:45 AM

More Recipes...

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...82048610_o.jpg

How much do I love the new IP Potato packets? I almost never make them according to directions since there are so many other great things to do with them. (Tortilla Wraps! Potato Pancakes! Clam Chowder! Pita Bread!)

Here is the link to the photos of Phase 1 recipes...
Click Here for Pix. Click Pix for recipes. Click LIKE on Facebook to get regular updates

Thanks for the kind words. I will try to post occational updates here to help new members discover more recipes, but will continue to focus my attention on the FB pages as the one stop shop since my time is so tight.

Sunny, Happy Summer! I am so proud of you guys... especially my friends from when I first started the diet who have been so successful and are looking so GORGEOUS!!!

FinnSteven 05-26-2012 06:07 AM

Rhubarb season!

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...34369976_n.jpg

Click for: Easy Rhubarb "Pie" recipe link

sprite613 05-27-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4009296)
VIBRANT SPINACH:
Forget the nasty grey lump of seaweed that your school cafeteria called spinach. Real cooked spinach will make your tastebuds applaud. Jamie Oliver's simple recipe is my favourite... the addition of nutmeg is inspired.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...78_67841_n.jpg

The simplest way to cook spinach is in a pan with a little olive oil, a grating of nutmeg and a tiny squeeze of lemon juice with a lid on to let it steam. (I add a dash of sea salt & black pepper)

This will taste great, and it goes with just about anything – pasta, fish or meat. If there is any excess moisture when the spinach is cooked, just tilt the pan so it runs to the other side and pour it away. Let the spinach sit for a minute and then serve.

Note that the spinach reduces in size drastically... so don't be afraid to use a lot.

I tried this the other night and it was FABULOUS! I normally didn't eat spinach unless it was coated in a creamy sauce, but this way mande me go out and get a big bunch full. And the DH likes it too! Thanks again Steven for all the yummy eats, and I look forward to trying more :D

Zipliner 05-29-2012 09:58 AM

Thanks for all this hard work! Amazing recipes, I'm excited by all the options!

cass2ander 05-29-2012 10:12 AM

Oh wow! This is awesome! Thanks

FinnSteven 06-04-2012 03:18 PM

Potato Rolls (IP Potatoes)

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...64109694_n.jpg

FLUFFY POTATO ROLLS (IP Potatoes): Yum! Super easy new recipe when you miss bread.

INGREDIENTS:
1 package IP Potatoes
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
"I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" Spray
Olive Oil (spray)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 200 C
2. Beat egg whites til foamy, but not stiff
3. Add in IP Potato mix, baking powder & baking soda. Mix well. Batter should be medium thick
4. Spray cupcake pan with olive oil or other 0/0/0 non-stick spray
5. Spoon batter into cupcake pan. I use large eggs, so the batter made 5 good size rolls, filling up each hole about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
6. Spray top of each roll with "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter"
7. Bake 7 to 12 min. Rolls should rise and brown a bit. Don't overcook or they may become too "papery".
8. Enjoy hot out of the oven!

Hints:
You can also add additional spices like Rosemary & Garlic Powder... Parsley & Thyme... use your imagination and let me know how you like these!

FinnSteven 06-13-2012 10:13 AM

Truvia

I saw someone post that we shouldnt use Truvia as a sweetener. According to my coaches and many other resources, thats not true. Here's the story and the science why its ok...(but still only use in moderation! I have never used more than 3 packets MAX per day, with 1 packet being average.)

When I looked on the Truvia box, it said that it contained 3 carbs. So why is that allowed? Here is the why...

One of the most frequently asked questions by carb conscious consumers is whether they should count the 3 grams of carbohydrate on the label. The answer is NO. Here's why…

The carbohydrate in Truvia® natural sweetener comes from erythritol – a natural sugar alcohol that is also found in grapes and pears – that also has zero calories. Erythritol passes through the body without being broken down for calories. As a result, it has no effect on blood sugar. Erythritol is used in Truvia® natural sweetener to evenly disperse rebiana to achieve uniform sweetness, similar to how dextrose and other suitable ingredients are used by other high intensity sweeteners to evenly disperse the sweetener.

Erythritol is a natural sugar alcohol that is different from other sugar alcohols in two ways.

1. Erythritol is not broken down by the body, so it cannot provide calories or affect blood sugar. Other sugar alcohols can be broken down by the body to varying degrees. This means that the body can use them for calories. Erythritol is different, it provides zero calories.

2. Erythritol has excellent gastrointestinal tolerance. This is because most of the erythritol that is consumed (up to 90%) is absorbed from the small intestine. Once it is absorbed, it is no longer available to cause problems in the gut.

"At www.TRUVIA.com our recipes include total calories, grams carbohydrate, grams erythritol, grams fiber, grams sugar. This practice allows you to subtract the grams of erythritol from the grams of total carbohydrate when you are count ing your grams of carbohydrate."

FinnSteven 06-27-2012 02:16 AM

bump for newbies...

greeniris 06-27-2012 11:46 AM

I made the Potato Rolls for the first time last night, to eat with lunch today. They are so good! I added some herbs & garlic powder for flavor. Will def make these again!

Stratford 07-12-2012 11:07 AM

Fantastic Food Fotos Fin!

Just found this and Im ready to roll. Start program PHase 1 on Monday and needed some creative inspiration- keep posting and keep cooking!
If you have any suggestions /tips please send . Im doing this along with my husband who also likes to cook. THX for doing this its soooo helpful to me.[B

aimeed3 07-12-2012 03:21 PM

I just read through every single page on this thread and I must say, I cannot wait to try these recipes. I've copied and pasted and even made a small grocery list OH and I am following you on FB now.

Thanks so much for all your time and effort to post all of these.

IPinOKC 07-16-2012 06:19 PM

Thank you for all the wonderful inspirations!

Veroli 07-20-2012 10:17 PM

I love your recipes. Following you now on Facebook.

Veroli 07-21-2012 02:11 PM

Zuchinni Pancakes with IP Cereal

I just had the zuchinni pancakes for breakfast. Amazing! Thanks for the recipe.
:hug:

Lesley 08-12-2012 01:08 PM

AMAZING!!!

Steven, I hope you still linger here to read all the wonderful things people are saying about you and your wonderful recipes!!

I have made SEVERAL of your recipes, and haven't been dissapointed yet!

This is my second go at IP (2nd child) and I was not sure how I was going to pull it off! You have saved me! And got me back in the kitchen!

Kudos to you!

brandissimo11 08-27-2012 08:08 PM

I just read through all of these pages, copy and pasted LOTS of these recipes. I've been on the program 12 weeks now and got myself into a funk where I almost no longer wanted to be on this diet.... but your thread and these wonderful recipes have sparked new life in me and I can't wait to try all of these. I have more faith in myself to stay OP now until I lose all my weight. Thank you soooo much FinnSteven.... you are a life saver... in more ways than one :):cheer::cheer2::hug:

FinnSteven 09-17-2012 01:47 PM

Thanks so much everyone for the kind words! So very much appreciated!
:-)

http://www.facebook.com/idealproteinlohja

FinnSteven 09-20-2012 01:35 AM

Spanish "Rice" (IP Tomato Basil Soup)

Spanish "Rice" (IP Tomato Basil Soup)

Another totally easy, delicious and satisfying miracle. Shredded cauliflower + IP Soup and whatever else you want to add in makes a great meal thats easy to reheat if needed.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...85708738_n.jpg

INGREDIENTS
Fresh Cauliflower Head (shredded/ grated)
IP Tomato Basil Soup
Spices & Veggies to taste (Cilantro, Basil, Salt, Pepper, Tabasco)
Water as needed

DIRECTIONS
1. Shred a head of cauliflower with a large cheese grater. You will not use the full portion, and can save some for another meal.
Add the portion you want to a microwave safe bowl. (I use about 1 to 1.5 cups)
2. Microwave for about 3 minutes (longer if you want a softer rice)
3. Stir in 1 packet IP Tomato Basil soup. When mixed, determine if you want to add any extra water.
3. Add any veggies or spices to your taste. I have used combinations of some or all of the following:
fresh basil, cilantro (from a jar), mini tomatoes, tabasco, cut bell peppers, chopped green onion, chili, jalepenos, chopped celery, mini tomatoes, pepper mix (black, white, green chili, pink), etc.
4. Heat an additional 30 sec.