Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Tell me about eggs. I was told 2 eggs if you eat them as your protein at dinner. Well, I have scrambled them the last few times and added an extra white and been fine. Tonight I want eggs for dinner but I want them fried...because it's been forever. Should I just do 2 or could I eat 3?
I was told the same as you. I'd say have 2 eggs and 2 egg whites?
Old 08-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #77  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Yay! I finally lost my 20th pound..its about freaking time..it only took a week! Lol...

Have a great day everyone!
Congratulations on your 20th pound!!!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
numbers....

Statistically you drop the first WI (n-1), so if you do it mathmatically correct, my loss is only 1.88 lbs/wk, which is the lowest loss I have seen. You would also have to drop your "cheat" weeks, because you were not following protocol. I have not had any cheat weeks. People who cheat are averaging more than I am. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr not fair,not fair, not fair.

OK, I don't understand that reasoning. If the weight is gone, it's gone what difference does it make what week it went.

Of course statistics never has been my cup of tea. But weight on and weight off I do understand.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Tell me about eggs. I was told 2 eggs if you eat them as your protein at dinner. Well, I have scrambled them the last few times and added an extra white and been fine. Tonight I want eggs for dinner but I want them fried...because it's been forever. Should I just do 2 or could I eat 3?
The sheet says up to 8 onces of protein for dinner. My coach says 1 egg is considered 2 onces. 3 eggs is fine. Actually I lose more weeks I have eggs for dinner.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #80  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I will do 2 then. It was just wishful thinking!
I have the new sheet in front of me and it says 2 whole eggs. (Adding an additional egg white or two will be fine)
Old 08-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #81  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Yay! I finally lost my 20th pound..its about freaking time..it only took a week! Lol...

Have a great day everyone!
Yay, that is awesome. Congrats!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
A MOUNTAIN LION!!! Holy ****! I'm terrified of those invisible sneaky mankilling cougars. I'd be moving away. Where do you live? One time I went on a kayaking trip off of vancouver island and I could hardly force myself to go into the forest to pee incase I was eaten by a cougar. One afternoon during a break I decided to go to this beautiful little clearing where there was a freshwater creek flowing into the Johnstone Strait. I wanted to bath and wash my hair. But I was so scared so I just rapidly stripped off all my clothes and jumped in and speedily scrubbed away. I just wanted to get it over with. And there - calmly cruising along with all the passengers on the deck taking photos - around the bend came a cruise ship. I looked up and carried on. I figured they don't know me and all I cared about was the possibility of a cougar hiding in the trees above me.

That is so funny!!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #83  

QUOTE=showgirlaz;3995461]Good Morning everyone!

I have a question for y'all. When you were signing up for IP were you just sold it on the rapid weight loss? I ask because, back in 2009, they were really offering the diet as a health change with the benefits of correcting the reason we gain weight and often can't get it off AND you get fast weight loss results to boot. It was really being talked about like the medically designed plan it was which focused on correcting hyperinsulin production, insulin resistance and metabolic X. They would only take clients in 2008 and 2009 if you were fully committed (a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10) to losing the weight by doing anything and following the plan as if it were a medical prescription to improve a health condition. ( In fact, IP corporate has a policy that is not often mentioned or followed but, if a dieter cheats twice (yes, 2x) they are suppose to be removed from the program! Again, to my knowledge not often enforced but, that is how committed they are looking for people to be to using the exact protocol.) I noticed back then, they often discussed the health improvements they saw as well as the weight loss.

Anyway, I was just curious after reading the past days post and thinking, maybe if it were remembered this is a plan that is designed to help improve the underlying cause of why many of us gained the original weight it might make some of the smaller losses more tolerable remembering there may be other gains that are being had on those weeks which are not quantifiable by a scale.

Just my thoughts as I fell asleep last night. Sorry if they are a bit out there.

My coach went exactly through the explanation as you described it. I had read the downloaded version of Dr Tien's book before I went and we discussed parts of that. She has never brought up the rapid weight loss aspect. This week I had my 3rd week weigh in and lost 2.3 pounds. She thought that was great. I told her about so many people wanting much bigger losses and we then talked about reasons the losses can be different each week.
I also had questions about what is a safe amount of calcium to be taking and she clarified a misunderstanding I had about that. So time well spent I thought.

But a question about the 2 cheats (mostly unmentioned) policy. How are they supposed to determine if a low loss is the result of a cheat? I guess some people would report it honestly but lots of people wouldn't. That policy may be the reason some coaches question very aggressively when the weight loss is not great in a week.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by patns; 08-18-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #84  

As an aside to the egg question. What actually do they count as frying? Do they mean that someting like oil is added? Just using a nonstick skillet with only the eggs would not be concidered frying I think?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
As an aside to the egg question. What actually do they count as frying? Do they mean that someting like oil is added? Just using a nonstick skillet with only the eggs would not be concidered frying I think?
I was just going to spray the pan with Pam. I have oil in my veggies already so I don't need it on my eggs.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #86  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I was just going to spray the pan with Pam. I have oil in my veggies already so I don't need it on my eggs.
I've done fish coated with herbs that way and my coach thought it was a great idea. You get the "fried" thing but none of the oil and fats.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #87  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Someone I told about IP went in for the consultation. She told me the chiropractor suggested that she could use the pancakes to make a sandwich. What a great idea! Of course, if you had meat or someting in it you'd be giving up a snack and I'm not so fond of that idea. But even to have a honking great vegetable sandwich would be nice. Maybe with a little blue cheese drsssing spread on it.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #88  

Quote:
Someone I told about IP went in for the consultation. She told me the chiropractor suggested that she could use the pancakes to make a sandwich. What a great idea! Of course, if you had meat or someting in it you'd be giving up a snack and I'm not so fond of that idea. But even to have a honking great vegetable sandwich would be nice. Maybe with a little blue cheese drsssing spread on it.
Oh, I might have to buy the pancakes just for this! A veggie sandwich sounds good!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #89  

The eggs hit the spot! I haven't had a fried egg in months.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #90  
I know I can

Quote:
A MOUNTAIN LION!!! Holy ****! I'm terrified of those invisible sneaky mankilling cougars. I'd be moving away. Where do you live? One time I went on a kayaking trip off of vancouver island and I could hardly force myself to go into the forest to pee incase I was eaten by a cougar. One afternoon during a break I decided to go to this beautiful little clearing where there was a freshwater creek flowing into the Johnstone Strait. I wanted to bath and wash my hair. But I was so scared so I just rapidly stripped off all my clothes and jumped in and speedily scrubbed away. I just wanted to get it over with. And there - calmly cruising along with all the passengers on the deck taking photos - around the bend came a cruise ship. I looked up and carried on. I figured they don't know me and all I cared about was the possibility of a cougar hiding in the trees above me.
I live in Texas.
Closed Thread