Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP DAILY CHAT - Thursday, August 18

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 08-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #2  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

2Ride, about coyotes. I remember my son telling me about the coy-dogs in Guelph. apparently they are more dangerous because they are still wild like the coyotes they are but not afraid of people because of the dogs they are. And remember the woman who was killed by coyotes on the west coast? Please take care of yourself.

We've had some wolves actually coming into town here - very unusual. This past spring at a park in the city a woman walking her little dogs was being stalked by a pack of wolves. We also have bear and deer and moose etc coming into down via the green space but usually wolves stay away. Apparently we have cougars a lot closer to town than I'd like too. I'm extremely scared of cougars and tigers (luckily we don't have tigers in Canada LOL)

Today I am going to try to go bootcamp for a week. I am very pleased with my progress and I want to make sure I reach the 20 pounds mark before I go to Ottawa on the 1st. I'm at 14 lbs. 10 oz right now. So I'm going to cut down on the WF and any drinks like nestea. I'm going to cut out or down restricteds. Use my oil for my salads. And weigh my meat. I'll also have more fish. And I'm going to try to have my snack earlier.

My coach said 50 lbs by Christmas is entirely doable. That would be soooo cooooool!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
2Ride, about coyotes. I remember my son telling me about the coy-dogs in Guelph. apparently they are more dangerous because they are still wild like the coyotes they are but not afraid of people because of the dogs they are. And remember the woman who was killed by coyotes on the west coast? Please take care of yourself.

We've had some wolves actually coming into town here - very unusual. This past spring at a park in the city a woman walking her little dogs was being stalked by a pack of wolves. We also have bear and deer and moose etc coming into down via the green space but usually wolves stay away. Apparently we have cougars a lot closer to town than I'd like too. I'm extremely scared of cougars and tigers (luckily we don't have tigers in Canada LOL)

Today I am going to try to go bootcamp for a week. I am very pleased with my progress and I want to make sure I reach the 20 pounds mark before I go to Ottawa on the 1st. I'm at 14 lbs. 10 oz right now. So I'm going to cut down on the WF and any drinks like nestea. I'm going to cut out or down restricteds. Use my oil for my salads. And weigh my meat. I'll also have more fish. And I'm going to try to have my snack earlier.

My coach said 50 lbs by Christmas is entirely doable. That would be soooo cooooool!
I want to reach my goal by Christmas too! I have 34.8 left to go and with the small weeks I've had I'm a little worried.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy

Ugh, i am so discouraged, this is week 3 and since monday, the scale has not moved at all, even went up a little if anything.... I got rid of my C problem, and still the same weight. I don't have any restricted but the plain plancakes once a week. With how much weight i have to lose, i didn't think i would have this problem so soon!

2Ride, sorry about the coyote, how's your doggy this morning.

Sorry for all the pet losses lately, my heart breaks for you all. We have one dog (avatar) and 4 cats and its so scary when they get sick. One my cat was so sick last year, had a blood parasite, she was on death's bed....but with super strong meds and fluid (i had to give her fluid with an IV under her skin) she came back but is still weaker than before...still fights the dog though, lol.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #5  

Good morning! Thursday is dooms day for me. I was super nervous about today's weigh in taking all the ups and downs and not being able to "go" this week. I even sat for a bit yesterday trying to figure out a way to "trick the system". I was going to only have shakes and veggies all day or maybe skip a few meals or try something just to make the scale move. Then I thought about it and asked myself, "what will that really do for me in the long run?" So, I ate like I normally would. I ate a little later so I only had half a bar at about 9 rather than a whole. And to my surprise.........I was down 1 pound this morning. I can't lie and say it makes me happy but it is much better than it could've been. I of course, would've liked more but I did hit 25 pounds and got another little heart guy for my siggy! I can't whine too hard because I'm still averaging 3.1 pounds per week. As long as I stay over that 3 pound mark I will take it! (In all honesty, what else CAN I do? )

I've been op all week so I did the best I could. I am going to eliminate the propel zero and powerade zero and see if that helps. With the bad weeks I get around TOM I can't afford extra bad ones!

Good luck to the fellow Thursday weighers! Hope everyone does better than I did!

Edited to add inches! I also only lost 1 inch this week. 1/2 in my arm and 1/2 in my hips.

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 08-18-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Ugh, i am so discouraged, this is week 3 and since monday, the scale has not moved at all, even went up a little if anything.... I got rid of my C problem, and still the same weight. I don't have any restricted but the plain plancakes once a week. With how much weight i have to lose, i didn't think i would have this problem so soon!

2Ride, sorry about the coyote, how's your doggy this morning.

Sorry for all the pet losses lately, my heart breaks for you all. We have one dog (avatar) and 4 cats and its so scary when they get sick. One my cat was so sick last year, had a blood parasite, she was on death's bed....but with super strong meds and fluid (i had to give her fluid with an IV under her skin) she came back but is still weaker than before...still fights the dog though, lol.
Your dog is beautiful! What did you do to get rid of the big C? I need all the help I can get!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I started July 1st and wanted 50 lbs by Christmas and my coach said "no problem" Well, I am doubtful at this point, but it is what it is.

Going fabric shopping today

Glad I didn't eat the carrot cake last night
What are you making? Good job with that cake. My hubby said all he wants for his birthday in Oct is my grandma's carrot cake so I'm already bracing myself for having a whole one in the house. And she does it all from scratch and it's AMAZING! I will deff think of you when I don't eat it! IF you can be strong, so can I right?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Your dog is beautiful! What did you do to get rid of the big C? I need all the help I can get!
I did the warm water/salt thing (almost 1liter of warm water (couldn't fini****) and a big tablespoon of salt) and i downed it. IT WORKS but omg is it ever disgusting. It wasn't so bad drinking it but i felt very nauseous and thought i was going to puke afterwards. And for all the good it did, i don't think i could ever drink it again. It took almost 2 hours before it worked so i was thinking it wasn't going to. About 15 minutes after drinking it, my stomach was making lots of sounds and could feel lots of stuff going on, lol. But be sure that you're near or sitting on the toilet as soon as you think it will happen cause you won't have time to get there, its nothing like i've ever experienced before. Good luck!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning everyone! The sun is shining- and though it is rising later and later, it sure feels great this morning.

Most of you know I am a SW (in good company on these boards ) So I had my morning weight check to find that I had been blessed by a visit from the woosh fairy. Too bad it's a day late, because I'm down an additional 2 lbs! It would have been lovely to say that I had a 4 lb Wi yesterday, but who am I to complain!

I'm heading into a 5 day weekend, which can be a challenge. It's a sad weekend as my dear auntie passed away last weekend and tomorrow is her funeral. We have relatives in from other provinces, which is bittersweet. Many of them haven't seen me since losing weight and are so positive with me- telling me how great I look. That feels good. My response is always the same "Thanks, I feel really good". It's the truth.

Have a fabulous Thursday everybody.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #10  

Can you share blog links here if they aren't 3FC blogs? I have one and love to follow others so if you have one I'd love to check in on it.

Mine is www.lessoflynsey.blogspot.com if you have an extra minute and want to peek. I had a before and during face shot on there a few days ago. I know I like to see those types of pics.

If I can't say that here, let me know and I'll remove it. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

I had my weigh in Tuesday. Lost nothing last week :/ It's ok though i'm still plugging along. Lost 17 pounds the first two weeks. Does anyone find the weight loss slows as you get closer to your goal?
Old 08-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Good morning everyone! The sun is shining- and though it is rising later and later, it sure feels great this morning.

Most of you know I am a SW (in good company on these boards ) So I had my morning weight check to find that I had been blessed by a visit from the woosh fairy. Too bad it's a day late, because I'm down an additional 2 lbs! It would have been lovely to say that I had a 4 lb Wi yesterday, but who am I to complain!

I'm heading into a 5 day weekend, which can be a challenge. It's a sad weekend as my dear auntie passed away last weekend and tomorrow is her funeral. We have relatives in from other provinces, which is bittersweet. Many of them haven't seen me since losing weight and are so positive with me- telling me how great I look. That feels good. My response is always the same "Thanks, I feel really good". It's the truth.

Have a fabulous Thursday everybody.
Just think of the great loss you will have next week then! Congrats to you! Sorry about your Aunt. Stay strong and remember food only helps hunger.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #13  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I want to reach my goal by Christmas too! I have 34.8 left to go and with the small weeks I've had I'm a little worried.
Absolutely that's doable for you too. Wakeup call: Okay I'm a bit geeky and obsessive but here's the reality. You have had more good weeks (5 out of 8) than bad (3 out of 8). On average you are still, even with the bad weeks, losing over 3 lbs per week. And even if you only lose 2 pounds a week for the next 18 weeks - till Christmas - you will reach your goal.

So don't give up hope. You are right on track!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Glad I didn't eat the carrot cake last night
I'm super glad you didn't eat the cake too. I was going to reply to your post, but everyone had already said everything I would have said.

To those worried about hitting weight loss goals by December- I think it's fair to assume that 50 lbs in 6 months is doable. I lose slowly and I will be at 50 in 5 and a half months. That said, it's not a concrete formula, everyone varies and slip ups or minor cheats will slow the rate of loss.

I had it all planned out- with an average loss of 3 lbs per week, I was going to lose 60 lbs and start phasing off by the end of August. OK, by the end of August I will have lost 50 lbs and that is still amazing for me- way better than any weight loss I've had to date- and I'm a liftime dieter.

My advice, if I may offer it, is to forget (or at least tuck it away in the back of your mind for now) the long term goal and focus on one day/week at a time. If you can master those then the weight will (it has to) come off. And really, if you lose 45 lbs by Christmas, will you be disappointed or glad that you had put in the effort? Numbers can be so arbitrary and yet we hang so many expectations on them.

Hang in there, ladies. Every successful day brings you closer to your goal.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Absolutely that's doable for you too. Wakeup call: Okay I'm a bit geeky and obsessive but here's the reality. You have had more good weeks (5 out of 8) than bad (3 out of 8). On average you are still, even with the bad weeks, losing over 3 lbs per week. And even if you only lose 2 pounds a week for the next 18 weeks - till Christmas - you will reach your goal.

So don't give up hope. You are right on track!
I'm so glad to see someone else who plays with numbers (mine and other peoples)! I do the same thing far too often.
Closed Thread