Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #46  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

I don't remember how it was portrayed and I may have skewed it anyway based on my own input and focus. but I do have the feeling that cheating wouldn't be tolerated. My coach was perfectly willing to tell me that if I wanted to workout it might not be the program for me. My coach is very bossy when helping me to pick out my food for the week. But the chiropractor that I meet with some weeks when the coach is busy is much more focused on the health aspects and the lean body mass and whether it is being preserved.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #47  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
No one has ever complained about my blog in my signature line - that being said I would take it down if it annoyed people...

I have seen people in the past flaunting their blogs over and over again in the forums and that is totally annoying....I don't think I do that
Oh I won't flaunt it. I sometimes only post once a week so it's nothing to flaunt. I moved it to my siggy!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Ugh, i am so discouraged, this is week 3 and since monday, the scale has not moved at all, even went up a little if anything.... I got rid of my C problem, and still the same weight. I don't have any restricted but the plain plancakes once a week. With how much weight i have to lose, i didn't think i would have this problem so soon!

2Ride, sorry about the coyote, how's your doggy this morning.

Sorry for all the pet losses lately, my heart breaks for you all. We have one dog (avatar) and 4 cats and its so scary when they get sick. One my cat was so sick last year, had a blood parasite, she was on death's bed....but with super strong meds and fluid (i had to give her fluid with an IV under her skin) she came back but is still weaker than before...still fights the dog though, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I started July 1st and wanted 50 lbs by Christmas and my coach said "no problem" Well, I am doubtful at this point, but it is what it is.

Going fabric shopping today

Glad I didn't eat the carrot cake last night
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
I know. LOL Isn't that silly. Last week I did so much adding and dividing and that's why I would have been satisfied with 2.6 - because that seems to be the average for 3rd wi. but I kept on visualizing losing 4 pounds - because I'm a huge believer in the power of visualization. And even though I believe in it, I was still shocked when I actually reached that number.

This Friday I'm going to a house party where we are having drinks and a potluck appetizer buffet. I'm going to take club soda and a lime and I'll think of some okay appetizer to take. I was thinking shrimp. Or veggies - but with no dip? that's not exciting. Any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
Good morning! Today is my friday. We are having my staff yearly gathering tomorrow and we all get the day off. We are going to meet 1/2 way between our two offices. There is a museum to go to, golfing, a lake, or hot springs. I am going to the museum and I am not sure what else.

The problem is the dinner.

- Dinner will be Lasagna with a Caesar salad, side of beef/noodle soup and served with garlic bread. Dessert will be a Russian Crème with Raspberry. The deli will also provide fountain soft drinks, milk, juice, tea and/or coffee. The Deli does not serve alcohol, but we can bring our own.

So my plan is to eat my protein (a plain hamburger) at lunch with some lettuce and cucumbers. And not touch dinner at the Deli. I will eat a bar beforehand so I am not starving (or tempted). Hopefully, I will be too busy with our 2.5 year old twins, so have time to eat anything anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
There are many brands available. Udo's is a good one. So is ohhira's and it doesn't have to be refrigerated. I liked mega flora and source naturals too. If you know a doctor or someone who offers Metagenics or Usana those companies also have good probiotics.

I always look for one that has an enteric coating and gets the probiotics as far down into the GI tract as possible. It should have a good mix of strains with hundred millions to billions of bacteria. If possible it should say that those counts are high when it reaches the intestinal tract. It does no good to buy a high count product that was only guaranteed high at the time of packaging.

Why you need them is the determining factor of potency and which strains in my book. If you were treating C-diff (nasty bacteria that makes you very sick), you would need different strains than you need for regular health.

For what you have been talking about lately, I might consider the UDO'd Choice Hi- Potency Bowel probiotic. It has a really nice mix of the Lactobacillus and Bifido strains that would be most beneficial improving someone in regular health. IMHO.
You are one beautiful (weight losing) woman...with a wealth of information! love it!!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #49  

Question Ip

Is anyone else extremly tired on IP? I feel fatigued on this diet.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #50  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
There are many brands available. Udo's is a good one.
Great info. I've been a fan of Udo's ever since my pediatrician recommended the infant probiotic powder for my son when he was little. We added it to his formula and it made a world of difference in his digestion (no cranky crying baby).
Old 08-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiKA View Post
To be honest, I'm 15 days into this and I'm still having fatigue and hunger issues. I just told my husband that I will not be sad when I'm not eating sucrolose sweetened food out of packets anymore.

That said, I am down 3 lbs today after a bit of a stall. I do feel better than I did -- less sluggish, so I'm hopeful that as I continue to adjust to this plan, I will have less fatigue.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiKA View Post
I did the first time around, but this second time,i feel energized. I am drinking a LOT more water this time around... are you getting 100oz+ daily? Eating lettuce and making sure you are actually measuring your veggies and protein?

also, make sure to take all vitamins. And I add Omega pills too (3 a day).
Every body is different. Let your coach know, maybe she can help you by reviewing your food journal. right comments on the pages, i.e. when you feel tired. Maybe some meals you need more of something, or less.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

showgirlaz - thanks for the vitamin C tip to counteract bruising. I used to eat a lot of spinach in my salads and have backed off recently, because I just got tired of it.
I was thinking of starting a hyaluronic acid supplement anyway, and it has 60mg of vitamin C in it as well. It is to promote healthy skin and joints - something I especially need!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #54  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

OK, so I vented and released an old, painful memory on another thread just a short time ago and it didn’t take long before I became ravenous. I have no desire to eat anything at this moment. I will wait patiently for my scheduled lunch. But I find it quite odd that my body is reacting like this. Coincidence or not?
Old 08-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #55  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
numbers....

Statistically you drop the first WI (n-1), so if you do it mathmatically correct, my loss is only 1.88 lbs/wk, which is the lowest loss I have seen. You would also have to drop your "cheat" weeks, because you were not following protocol. I have not had any cheat weeks. People who cheat are averaging more than I am. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr not fair,not fair, not fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
Bella - The question I have for you is 'Are you Losing?' If you answered yes then you need to stop comparing yourself to everyone else. In fact your numbers are not bad at all. It seems like every post you are complaining about your loss not being as good as others. Stop stressing. Stop comparing. Just let the weight come off and enjoy. You have to consider that some people you are comparing yourself to have started at much higher weights so they will lose faster.
See Bella I am NOT the ONLY one saying stop comparing yourself to others. Your weigh when come off when your body thinks it needs to come off...BE PROUD of what you have done so far....DON'T GIVE UP!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Good morning everyone! The sun is shining- and though it is rising later and later, it sure feels great this morning.

Most of you know I am a SW (in good company on these boards ) So I had my morning weight check to find that I had been blessed by a visit from the woosh fairy. Too bad it's a day late, because I'm down an additional 2 lbs! It would have been lovely to say that I had a 4 lb Wi yesterday, but who am I to complain!

I'm heading into a 5 day weekend, which can be a challenge. It's a sad weekend as my dear auntie passed away last weekend and tomorrow is her funeral. We have relatives in from other provinces, which is bittersweet. Many of them haven't seen me since losing weight and are so positive with me- telling me how great I look. That feels good. My response is always the same "Thanks, I feel really good". It's the truth.

Have a fabulous Thursday everybody.
So sorry to hear about your aunt. Glad you will have positive people around you tho. That should help a lot.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Good Morning everyone!

I have a question for y'all. When you were signing up for IP were you just sold it on the rapid weight loss? I ask because, back in 2009, they were really offering the diet as a health change with the benefits of correcting the reason we gain weight and often can't get it off AND you get fast weight loss results to boot. It was really being talked about like the medically designed plan it was which focused on correcting hyperinsulin production, insulin resistance and metabolic X. They would only take clients in 2008 and 2009 if you were fully committed (a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10) to losing the weight by doing anything and following the plan as if it were a medical prescription to improve a health condition. ( In fact, IP corporate has a policy that is not often mentioned or followed but, if a dieter cheats twice (yes, 2x) they are suppose to be removed from the program! Again, to my knowledge not often enforced but, that is how committed they are looking for people to be to using the exact protocol.) I noticed back then, they often discussed the health improvements they saw as well as the weight loss.

Anyway, I was just curious after reading the past days post and thinking, maybe if it were remembered this is a plan that is designed to help improve the underlying cause of why many of us gained the original weight it might make some of the smaller losses more tolerable remembering there may be other gains that are being had on those weeks which are not quantifiable by a scale.
My coach made it known from the beginning that this was a no cheat diet, 2 counts and you are out. She said that she wasn't interested in wasting my money or her time and if I wasn't willing to commit that I needed to find something else. At the time I thought she was being a b**** because she was so blunt about it, but now I appreciate her honesty (I truly believe it is one of the reasons I have stayed OP...the only thing worse than my constant need to please people is my fear of disappointing someone...don't worry, I am working on these issues!)
There has been quite a few cheats admitted on this forum, I try (and will continue to try) to support people who have fell off the wagon...but at the end of the day the only person a cheater lets down is themselves and if they can live with that...who am I to judge? They should just be happy that they aren't at my clinic, because they would no longer be supported by my coach and her staff.
I think that folks that are using alternative products but still following the IP protocol are at greater risk if they cheat...without a coach how can you be held accountable? who knows what kind of damage you might be doing by cheating and going in and out of ketosis? I mean no offense by this, honestly.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #58  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hey all!! Had my WI this morning! Down 3....and I'm at goal!!

Well.....kinda....

165 was "the weight I want to get to so I can maintain at 170"!! LOL!! But NOW, I might rethink the number and get to 160 to maintain around 165! Ugh!! I am finally in a comfortable size 12 (I previously thought 14 was as low as I could get), and don't want my clothes to get tight. I have been doing Phase 2 on and off (mostly on) for the last week. I am concerned that when the glycogen stores get filled up again that my clothes will be tight, therefore I should go down to an even lower weight??? Ugh!! When we gain back those "3-5 pounds" should I expect it to affect the way my clothes fit now?? Gosh I hope I make sense!!! I would really appreciate your thoughts!!!

Last edited by disgal; 08-18-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post

Well.....kinda....

165 was "the weight I want to get to so I can maintain at 170"!! LOL!! But NOW, I might rethink the number and get to 160 to maintain around 165! Ugh!! I am finally in a comfortable size 12 (I previously thought 14 was as low as I could get), and don't want my clothes to get tight. I have been doing Phase 2 on and off (mostly on) for the last week. I am concerned that when the glycogen stores get filled up again that my clothes will be tight, therefore I should go down to an even lower weight??? Ugh!! When we gain back those "3-5 pounds" should I expect it to affect the way my clothes fit now?? Gosh I hope I make sense!!! I would really appreciate your thoughts!!!
The way I understand it is that the 3-5 pounds are from the glycogen stores, this will not increase your inches - just your weight on the scale. So your clothes should fit the same. This is a copy of the material I was given for phase 3 and explains it pretty well: (just remove the asterix and cut and paste)
http://www.biofeedbackplus1.com*****...xplanation.pdf
Old 08-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post

Well.....kinda....

Congratulations to making it to goal
Closed Thread