Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 08:39 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Thanks all for the kind words . Much appreciated.

Had a nice afternoon with hudson's birth mum, she's just taken him across te road to the park before she has to take the bus home. She even stuck around while Hudson was napping and let me run out to grab some groceries

Have a good night all!
I just read your posts Jordanna, glad you had a bit of a break today. Sending some energy your way....
Old 08-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
So, I had my first banana this morning...the first one since I started IP in April. For months, the smell of bananas, banana bread, banana pancakes has been making me drool like crazy. I thought I would enjoy it....but I feel gross after eating it - all I can taste, smell...feel even, is banana! bleh! I think I'll stick to the berries for breakfast for now!
I weighed this morning and have been holding steady at 136.2.
I start maintenace tomorrow...excited and nervous!
Brummie how's maintenance??!! I had to laugh cause I found the perfect icons for you...- okay maybe that last one belongs to me- but it was as close to blech as I could get
Old 08-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Brummie how's maintenance??!! I had to laugh cause I found the perfect icons for you...- okay maybe that last one belongs to me- but it was as close to blech as I could get
I started today...so far so good!
I didn't realise we are allowed snacks...my protocol sheet says 3 snacks a day, fruit, almonds or an IP pack. I love almonds, so will pick some up today.

how are you doing Capri?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #304  

A big to all who responded to my rant about my trainer's diet... I went back to IP bootcamp all last week & shed another lb... I doubt I would've lost any if I had gone with the menu she gave me, probably would've gained... all she's asked is, How's the food going?, so I've just said, Good... & that's the truth, I feel great being back on IP protocol... I think I'll do one more week of bootcamp & then see how it goes with adding a couple of restricteds/occasionals next week...

Staying home from the gym today, my poor old doggie has got tummy troubles... she's a cockapoo, almost 13 years old, so she needs a little pampering...

I hope everybody has a FABULOUS Friday & a WONDERFUL weekend...

hugs
Old 08-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #305  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
A big to all who responded to my rant about my trainer's diet... I went back to IP bootcamp all last week & shed another lb... I doubt I would've lost any if I had gone with the menu she gave me, probably would've gained... all she's asked is, How's the food going?, so I've just said, Good... & that's the truth, I feel great being back on IP protocol... I think I'll do one more week of bootcamp & then see how it goes with adding a couple of restricteds/occasionals next week...

Staying home from the gym today, my poor old doggie has got tummy troubles... she's a cockapoo, almost 13 years old, so she needs a little pampering...

hugs
Hope your baby feels better!!

It's hard when dogs get sick. My shepard/rot mix was having stomach issues yesterday. I swear I was outside at least 9 times . she seems to be doing better today though.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #306  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post

It's hard when dogs get sick. My shepard/rot mix was having stomach issues yesterday. I swear I was outside at least 9 times . she seems to be doing better today though.

yes mine is having issues eating, having tried to switch to softer food now she doesn't eat her chicken I cook for her... still trying to figure out what soft food to feed her so it is a test this and test that and and... she lost 10 lbs this year so that isn't good and she is so skinny... takes after her handler! just kidding not skinny yet but getting there.

Auntie hope your dog feels better I hate leaving them when they are sick too..
Old 08-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #307  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Minewgoal - don't FORGET to take your SUPPLIMENTS
Old 08-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #308  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Thanks all for the kind words . Much appreciated.

Had a nice afternoon with hudson's birth mum, she's just taken him across te road to the park before she has to take the bus home. She even stuck around while Hudson was napping and let me run out to grab some groceries

Have a good night all!
So glad your Tummy Mummy was able to help you out! She seems like a real gem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post

hugs

Glad you are back on program and feeling good. That is always a nice reassurance.

Sorry to hear about your pup. It is never fun when they are sickly. I know mine have been a bit under the weather the past month for a few reasons and it always has me a bit worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
yes mine is having issues eating, having tried to switch to softer food now she doesn't eat her chicken I cook for her... still trying to figure out what soft food to feed her so it is a test this and test that and and... she lost 10 lbs this year so that isn't good and she is so skinny... takes after her handler! just kidding not skinny yet but getting there.

WOW, we have a lot of dogs with poor health right now! I hope both of you see improvements in your babies soon.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #309  

Morning all -

Sorry to hear of all the sick puppies...my lab has the most sensitive tummy ever, you'd never think it cause she's big and rough and tumble but if she eats anything but her dry kibbles she has the worst stomach for days.

Heading out to the farmers market with the kids today, looking forward to all the fresh veggies...might even get something baked for Hudson if I can find something small since it's just him eating it!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I have a baby shower to go through for a good friend of mine, she just had a little girl. She and I grew up together and we're hoping our girls will too.

Have a good one!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #310  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Morning all -

Sorry to hear of all the sick puppies...my lab has the most sensitive tummy ever, you'd never think it cause she's big and rough and tumble but if she eats anything but her dry kibbles she has the worst stomach for days.

Heading out to the farmers market with the kids today, looking forward to all the fresh veggies...might even get something baked for Hudson if I can find something small since it's just him eating it!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I have a baby shower to go through for a good friend of mine, she just had a little girl. She and I grew up together and we're hoping our girls will too.

Have a good one!
Hi, which farmers market do you go to? I use to go every weekend to the STalbert one but they have the same things all the time so if you know what you need you don't have to go as often... and really haven't been there this year. Do you know of a better one?
Old 08-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #311  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Morning all -

Have a good one!
I love to go to the farmers market! The ones I like are on Wednesday and Saturday. It works out perfectly for the food prep days I have too!

Maybe you can get them to offer you a sample size or ask if they can do a kiddie portion? I am sure someone will be willing to assist you.

How fun!! One of my dearest friends has been my friend since birth. We are only 6 weeks apart in age and, our mothers were friend since they were teens. It is fun to have that much tradition and history between two friends. I remember growing up camping with her and any time we get together we have such great times and lots of things to remember together.

I hope Charlie can enjoy that!

Have a great day and tell us about all your fun market finds!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #312  

Quote:
Hi, which farmers market do you go to? I use to go every weekend to the STalbert one but they have the same things all the time so if you know what you need you don't have to go as often... and really haven't been there this year. Do you know of a better one?
I go to my local one in Morinville, it's every Friday from 11-5 I believe. I like it because it's not as crazy as the St. Albert ones but has all the fresh fruits & veggies I need. It's definitely not better than the St. Albert one but local and fresh and convenient!

Carla - great idea in asking for a smaller portion, never thought of that!

Last edited by jordanna; 08-26-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #313  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
I go to my local one in Morinville, it's every Friday from 11-5 I believe. I like it because it's not as crazy as the St. Albert ones but has all the fresh fruits & veggies I need. It's definitely not better than the St. Albert one but local and fresh and convenient!

Carla - great idea in asking for a smaller portion, never thought of that!
Thanks Jordanna, I am going to have to try there one of these days... I do agility out of Cardiff, so very close. I find the St Albert one is a little expensive is Morinville better?
Old 08-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

LORDEEE LORDEEEE! I just ate a few almonds for my snack...soooooo good!

I got my phase 4 sheets last nite and I've been reading them over and over and over. I had a really long discussion with my coach about cheat days...which by the way are referred to as 'Fun Days' now...I'm not even remotely tempted to have a fun day, when she asked me what I was planning to eat for my fun day, I honestly (HONESTLY!) couldn't think of anything! The entire time on Phase 1 I dreamt of the cheat days and knew exactly what I wanted to cheat with...those obsessions completely escaped me last nite! She really wanted me to pick something so I just blurted out 'beans on toast!'....what IS wrong with me??????
Then, when I get home hubby and son were like 'what are you going to have for your cheat day? when are you having a cheat day?'....Jeez! I can't believe I'm not more excited! what a letdown!
I think I hear a bottle of Tanqueray 10 calling my name!!!!

I was kind of suprised to see that we are now supposed to have 3 meals and 3 snacks everyday (snack can be almonds, fruit or an IP packet)...this really makes me happy because it falls more in line with most balanced diets that I know about.

OK...last thing (sorry for the rambling post). I actually RAN with the dogs last nite, originally I thought I might be able to do one lap around the park before I had to stop and catch my breath...but after the warm up, I did 3 laps and only stopped because the dogs we ready to quit!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #315  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Quote:

I'm really hoping my dog will be better by Wednesday so I can take him to the kennel. He is definitely improving. I bought a can of food and mixed it with Benylin DM (vet said I could) and I think it was helping. I took him on two walks last night and he was quite happy and not coughing at all. He hacked a bit during the night but definitely not like the night before. He's not coughing up phlegm anymore - sorry TMI. I am crossing my fingers and being optimistic.
Closed Thread