Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 09/07/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 09-07-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Good Morning everyone. This is day 11 for me on my reboot and I have been able to stay 100 %. Daughter's wedding next month so that is motivation for me. The weekends are always a little harder to stay motivated but I am determined.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Good Morning everyone. This is day 11 for me on my reboot and I have been able to stay 100 %. Daughter's wedding next month so that is motivation for me. The weekends are always a little harder to stay motivated but I am determined.
Hang in there you got this. on a reboot myself after my anniversary weekend in New Orleans. 2ouncs away from where is was before the trip.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Friday!

Didn't get on too much yesterday - we had Kinder orientation for my older boy in the morning (he did great, mommy...not so much!) then had to run errands in the afternoon with hubby for his art supplies for school. I am dreading Monday (first full day of kindergarten) but I know my boy is in good hands

Realized I have to re-check my weekly WI numbers, I think I wrote something down wrong one week and apparently my starting weight was 0.8lb higher than I thought! Either way my current weight is right...five pounds to Onederland! Could not do it without the folks here

NSV - I got called for an interview with one of the outpatient offices within our organization, and I needed a pair of dress slacks. Went to Kohl's...tried on a few pairs of size 16 (figuring that dress slacks/new pants wouldn't have as much give as the jeans my SIL had given me in a 14)...TOO BIG!!! Had to buy them in a 14....AND get a belt, because they fit in the hips and thighs but are a wee bit LOOSE in the waist If I can lose another half inch in my lower body, I will actually fit into a few of the suits I have packed away from my last career
Old 09-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning all! Folding more clothes for the too big pile this morning. I know as I start to try on my fall clothes in the closet, most will be swimming on me. Not a bad feeling! "I keep saying just 20 pounds till goal, I can do this".
I marvel at the fab results everyone is having and the gratefulness we feel to at last have found a way to get rid of the fatness. Finally, a diet that really works!
Happy Friday all, and enjoy some fun veggies this weekend!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #6  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

NSV...It was my turn to bring in the goodies for our bakery Friday's here at work. Even though it all looked really good, I didnt really have an urge to try any of it.

I'll just sit here eating my Proti-thin sweet roll and watching my co-workers pig out on all the fatty, sugary sweet rolls I bought them.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #7  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Scorbett & Dizzyjean- Congratulations on needing smaller clothes and for getting the interview! Scorbett - I have the opposite problem you do - my waist is out of proportion, so the pants that fit me at the waist are really baggy in the butt. Need to start toning as soon as I can get around on this foot better. Dizzyjean - I did that over the weekend! Love putting away the too-big clothes and 'shopping' in the tubs of smaller clothes I had put away!

Coffeebean - my son is getting married next month too. Good luck reaching your goal for then!

Ragdoll - you are so strong! You will ROCK this program!

Last edited by greeniris; 09-07-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

All I can say is:

TGIF

Make it a great day everyone!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #9  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning. Very tough few days at work. Actually the last 4 years have been STRESS! They are looking to amend our Village charter to disban the Police Department.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

TGIF!!

Just tried Mio in Orange Tangerine flavor yesterday, it is DELICIOUS!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #11  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Happy Friday. I have had a stressful week too. Today my family and I are taking a drive to Anchorage for a shopping spree. Its a six hour drive, but I am so excited to buy a whole new wardrobe I am so ready to have clothes that fit me.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
You can do it!! I'm sure you'll have a blast at the wedding :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning all! Folding more clothes for the too big pile this morning. I know as I start to try on my fall clothes in the closet, most will be swimming on me. Not a bad feeling! "I keep saying just 20 pounds till goal, I can do this".
I marvel at the fab results everyone is having and the gratefulness we feel to at last have found a way to get rid of the fatness. Finally, a diet that really works!
Happy Friday all, and enjoy some fun veggies this weekend!

Congrats about the big clothes!
I must say, I have been feeling very grateful for having found this program and am slightly incredulous that the weight is coming off. Powering through the tough days has been WORTH it. I've been thinking of looking for some pictures of me when I was younger/thinner and hanging them up for inspiration. Then, I want to surpass those weights!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #13  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning. Very tough few days at work. Actually the last 4 years have been STRESS! They are looking to amend our Village charter to disban the Police Department.
That doesnt sound scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Happy Friday. I have had a stressful week too. Today my family and I are taking a drive to Anchorage for a shopping spree. Its a six hour drive, but I am so excited to buy a whole new wardrobe I am so ready to have clothes that fit me.
Have fun on your shopping trip!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #14  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
You should buy a little black dressing and post a photo like Dankin did!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #15  
Began IP 3-29-2012

d
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I've worked for this PD since 1995. I've been the chief since 2008.
Closed Thread