Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #46  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Would you ask your coaches, it they have had anyone stay at the same weight for 19 days? I am so discouraged, I have not cheated once and have switched things up per my coach and still weighing the same every day! I could understand it if I was close to a normal weight, but I am not, I have a lot to lose. HELP! Where are you
Luv2B. I am seriously quitting after friday's weigh-in if I haven't lost, it is such a waste of money and effort to see NO results.
I know how you feel. I am eating more vegetables and adding more protein. I will see what happens next week. My WI is tomorrow but I am giving it another week to see what happens.
Wuv2b suggested I eat all of my vegtables. (My coach had me down to 2 cups to help me lose.) I had a coach who really did not care and so it screwed me up for a month and maybe more. I do not deal with her anymore. I have a job where I don't get a lot of time to eat and do not take a lunch break, long story. Anyway, sometimes I dont get all of my vegetables.
And I know a lot of people say an extra packet of protein may help.
So, I will see what happens next Thursday. I will not give up. If this doesn't work I will think of something else.

Last edited by Watkat; 08-03-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #47  
Started IP on 7/15/2011

S/C/G: 184/161/130

Height: 5ft4in

Talking SV and NSV!

Had my third WI today-lost 4.25 lbs and 8 inches! The weight loss is slightly under what I'd lost the first 2 weeks, but man...the inches just flew off! At my last weigh in, I'd lost a total of 2 inches between the first 2 weeks. This 8 inches was all in one week!!!! So since I've started IP on 7/15/11, I've lost 15.25 lbs and 10 inches. Holy crap!!!!!

My coach thinks I'll be on phase one for about another month or so before I start going onto phase two. I have to admit...I chose Ideal Protein because I knew it had pretty rapid results initially, which is what I need to stay motivated, but I wasn't quite prepared for this! When I saw other people's posts about losing so much weight in a manner of weeks, I was like "I know I'll do good, but not that good. So I am pretty stinkin' excited right now.

Today is veggie chopping day and laundry day, then going out to sing some karaoke with co-workers tonight. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #48  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Would you ask your coaches, it they have had anyone stay at the same weight for 19 days? I am so discouraged, I have not cheated once and have switched things up per my coach and still weighing the same every day! I could understand it if I was close to a normal weight, but I am not, I have a lot to lose. HELP! Where are you
Luv2B. I am seriously quitting after friday's weigh-in if I haven't lost, it is such a waste of money and effort to see NO results.
Bellamack, I am here now, I had to go do my weigh in this morning and had to go pick up one of my drivers because his bus needed to be worked on. Add more protein for this week and we will see what you do on friday. STOP weighing yourself at home!!! Wait for your WI day's because you seeing NO chance everyday is getting you upset and stressing you out!! and YOU don't need STRESS because your numbers aren't going down. PROMISE me (us) you won't weigh in until your WI day on Friday!!

I am now 16% of my goal that I want to reach (thanks to the spreadsheet).
Thanks everyone, I am in a wonderful mood today (usually everyday) but I guess I got enough sleep last night and I am full of energy today. I called my mom and was talking a mile a minute she said SLOW DOWN!!!...lol...I already talk fast being from La...ha. I hope everyone has an awesome 100% OP day!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning all.
I have a hard time going back and finding things, I have never seen a board as busy as this one! Several days ago I saw table I think Jordanna had posted waay back giving all the nutrient info on the IP products. I actually don't calculate things for myself, I figure what is on the protocol sheet has already been figured out for us so don't waste any brain cells trying to reinvent the wheel. Also so my coach seems very knowledgable so I don't have to second guess what she tells me. After reading some stories here I think I lucked out with that.

But I think I may have misinterpeted something I read on that table. I thought I read that the premade chocolate drinks were lower carb than other things. I thought they would be very convenient for my breakfast during my long commute when I go back to work. So I bought a six pack of them. But already I'm missing the crunch of the cereal package. Are the premade shakes lower in carbs?

Pat

Last edited by patns; 08-03-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Premade (chocolate) has 4 carbs. The crispy cereal has 7, so to answer your question, yes.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Bella - I have read in several threads about people who hit a plateau yet had not cheated and still had a lot to lose. They were advised to increase their evening protein -- something like from 8 to 10 ounces. Perhaps try that (and if it is just too much for one sitting, have it on a salad mid afternoon for a snack). If it is a pure protein (vs an IP product) than you don't run risks with carb increases and the mere 50-100 calories that it would add could actually be beneficial, as some people need to maintain a particular calorie count or their body acts the opposite of what they are trying to achieve.

Also, are you having normal bowel movements? I know for me that i really struggled with that and a 3-4 day accumulation of food can wreak havoc with the scales. Just a thought . . .

I can imagine this is very discouraging but I am certain there is a solution in sight and the Whoosh Fairy will be along shortly!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Premade (chocolate) has 4 carbs. The crispy cereal has 7, so to answer your question, yes.
Thanks, that's what I thought I had read, but thought I was wrong when I read a previous post on this thread. The premixed drinks will be very handy during my hectic early mornings when I actually don't want to eat anything.

Now if I can just learn to handle the straw!

Last edited by patns; 08-03-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
This is my first week and i'm afraid not to lose much either, i've been so disappointed with other programs in the past few years...although my scales shows a 9lbs lost, i doubt its accurate. Good luck on friday, my first weight is monday.
THINK POSITIVE!!...maybe you did lose that 9lbs, just follow the program and its DOES work. Some like Bellamack and Watkat just have to figure out what works for them. Once the kinks are out, they will start to lose. ALL of us are different. Don't weigh yourself again til Monday when you WI so you will be super surprised at your WI!!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #54  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Holy Smoke! I just had my first WI and even though it's only been 5 days I lost 7 lbs. 10 oz. I am super excited but also I can't help but be doubtful - I'm thinking that's just IMPOSSIBLE. I'm thinking that perhaps before my first WI I had a whole pile to drink and forgot! It's so much for such a short time.

I was looking forward to picking out my food - because the first batch was just a variety picked out by the coach. No such luck - she is so BOSSY. I got to choose but she was super strict with what I could select. Told me right up front I couldn't get a whole bunch of the choc soy puffs. Limited my bars. Made me go meal by meal and tell her so she could decide if the days foods were a good balance.

When I told her I had a plan for the days I worked out - workout 5:30 am and then an omelet with an added egg she said no. First of all she was not impressed that I wanted to start working out and so I had to promise to limit it - she insisted on knowing how many days - and limit the weights I lift etc. Then she told me on workout days to have a bar before I go and then to have a real omelet with two eggs for breakfast after my workout. And then I have to have a higher carb meal for lunch too. She was FIERCE. And she said if I wanted to work out hard during the diet, this wasn't the diet for me.

Wow! So I'm going to trust her at this point because the clinic seems to be getting good results.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Holy Smoke! I just had my first WI and even though it's only been 5 days I lost 7 lbs. 10 oz. I am super excited but also I can't help but be doubtful - I'm thinking that's just IMPOSSIBLE. I'm thinking that perhaps before my first WI I had a whole pile to drink and forgot! It's so much for such a short time.

I was looking forward to picking out my food - because the first batch was just a variety picked out by the coach. No such luck - she is so BOSSY. I got to choose but she was super strict with what I could select. Told me right up front I couldn't get a whole bunch of the choc soy puffs. Limited my bars. Made me go meal by meal and tell her so she could decide if the days foods were a good balance.

When I told her I had a plan for the days I worked out - workout 5:30 am and then an omelet with an added egg she said no. First of all she was not impressed that I wanted to start working out and so I had to promise to limit it - she insisted on knowing how many days - and limit the weights I lift etc. Then she told me on workout days to have a bar before I go and then to have a real omelet with two eggs for breakfast after my workout. And then I have to have a higher carb meal for lunch too. She was FIERCE. And she said if I wanted to work out hard during the diet, this wasn't the diet for me.

Wow! So I'm going to trust her at this point because the clinic seems to be getting good results.

It's not impossible my first week I lost 9.8lbs and 13inches. Just go with it, 7lbs is great regardless if you drank a lot of water at your first weigh in or not, its a LOSS!! Your coach seems to be one that cares about what is going on with you. She may be bossy but try it her way and you may get great results. It doesn't hurt to try it her way and if it doesn't work you can say hey it didn't work and do something else. Never know what will work until you try it out first! Great job!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I am OUT of the 330's!!!!!! 328lbs.....WI #13 today and lost 4.2lbs which makes me a total of 60lbs!!!....I am soooo excited right now. This is what I weighed when I delivered my son 19 years ago. I guess Sandy's Woosh Fairy came to Mississippi today!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are so inspiring
Old 08-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I am OUT of the 330's!!!!!! 328lbs.....WI #13 today and lost 4.2lbs which makes me a total of 60lbs!!!....I am soooo excited right now. This is what I weighed when I delivered my son 19 years ago. I guess Sandy's Woosh Fairy came to Mississippi today!
That is fantastic...60lbs in 13 weeks! You should be on the official IP website with incredible results like that! You truly are an inspiration. Congratulations!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #58  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Thanks wuv2bLoved, and congrats on being out of the 330s!

I have to admit, that I had to respect her for being totally willing to lose me as a client rather than letting me call the shots. I kinda feel that it makes me think she knows what she's talking about. And she had details and scientific reasons to back up her stand.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #59  

Thanks a bunch!! This program definitely works!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #60  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Great job wuv2! Good job user. Excited to think about ME having a thin frame for the first time in 4 years.
Closed Thread