Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #31  

Talked to my coach about WF products and whether they are allowed or not and she orders them directly from Ideal Protein so she told me they are in fact endorced for use on IP protocol.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #32  

I shopped in my closet again this morning! Oh my gosh, I look so good in the smaller clothes I put away last year (or was it the year before?) LOL!!! It really motivates me to stay on IP and keep this going! Does my husband know how much money I have saved him by losing weight!!! LOL (He still doesn't know how much I spend a week on IP products!)

Great job on all the losses and good luck to those who still have to weigh in!!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #33  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

2riderollercoast, it's great to have those mini goal rewards isn't it. When I was losing weight on Atkins, every ten pounds I bought myself a gold bangle and I never took them off. People used to check out my bangles every time they saw me to see howmuch I had lost. Eventually I had five. that was in 2002 or 2003.

since then they've broken or disappeared but I'm planning to start up that ritual again only with silver bangles. I want nice hand crafted ones and I already have my first one picked out.

I think I'll go get weighed now during my lunch break.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 189/160.5/145

Height: 5'6"

My week is going well...had my WI on Monday and only lost 1 lb, however, I also lost an inch in my waist so that's good. I think TOM is just around the corner so I am not concerned. I am getting ready to go on vacation so I stocked up on my IP foods and have a plan. I will not have my next WI until 8-16 so I am excited to see what that will be. Since we are going to be doing a lot of walking and hiking, I am hoping to lose more and to finally be in the 150s.
This is my 11 th week and like some of you who have been at this for a while, I too am challenged by the boredom factor. I am constantly checking out labels at the market and comparing these to the IP foods I am consuming.
I have been having the chocolate drink most every morning and see that it's the higher carb count than other IP packets. So, when I find something that is less carbs, less calories and no fat, I CAN't help but think it would be OK to substitute.

Case in point: I found a bread that is called Chompie's carbs not!
it has 58 calories for one slice, 2g of fat, 3g of carbs, 2g of dietary fiber and <1g of sugar, also 7 g of protein.

Compare that to the chocolate IP drink:
120 calories, 1g of fat, 9g of carns, 2g of dietary fiber, 4g of sugar and 18g of protein.

What if I did one slice of this for breakfast with some scrambled egg whites to get the extra protein?

As I have mentioned before, my coach is not too keen on my questions and ideas so I turn to you all in asking this question.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
When I was losing weight on Atkins, every ten pounds I bought myself a gold bangle and I never took them off. People used to check out my bangles every time they saw me to see howmuch I had lost.
That is such a cute idea!!! I love that. I may have to find a way to steal this idea from you.

Last edited by Princess Jessica; 08-03-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Talked to my coach about WF products and whether they are allowed or not and she orders them directly from Ideal Protein so she told me they are in fact endorced for use on IP protocol.
My clinic has a big Walden Farm sign that says WF products are approved and available for sale at the health food store.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Yes, I have and I have gone over it a little with Luv2b, My coach says I should be losing, doing everything to the letter. I started July 1st and have not even had so much as a crumb off program. I walk 3 miles every other day, which my coach approved from the begining, since I alread was doing it. I feel like I am being "scammed", all these people say they cheated and lost, I am not cheating and I am not losing. My bowels are fine haven't had any trouble in that department. I know I am a slow loser, I quit WW after 3 months, because I only lost 3 lbs. My doctor thought this would work, so very discouraged.

I get my measurements on friday again, my coach doesn't do it every week. Seh seems to be at a loss , as to why I am not losing.
I would be crazy discouraged too. Are you losing inches? Maybe you are building (more) muscle and losing fat, that would make it a 'draw'. Stop walking??? I truly have no idea and would never discourage the exercise. I wish I had been more fit when I started this myself.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoio View Post
My week is going well...had my WI on Monday and only lost 1 lb, however, I also lost an inch in my waist so that's good. I think TOM is just around the corner so I am not concerned. I am getting ready to go on vacation so I stocked up on my IP foods and have a plan. I will not have my next WI until 8-16 so I am excited to see what that will be. Since we are going to be doing a lot of walking and hiking, I am hoping to lose more and to finally be in the 150s.
This is my 11 th week and like some of you who have been at this for a while, I too am challenged by the boredom factor. I am constantly checking out labels at the market and comparing these to the IP foods I am consuming.
I have been having the chocolate drink most every morning and see that it's the higher carb count than other IP packets. So, when I find something that is less carbs, less calories and no fat, I CAN't help but think it would be OK to substitute.

Case in point: I found a bread that is called Chompie's carbs not!
it has 58 calories for one slice, 2g of fat, 3g of carbs, 2g of dietary fiber and <1g of sugar, also 7 g of protein.

Compare that to the chocolate IP drink:
120 calories, 1g of fat, 9g of carns, 2g of dietary fiber, 4g of sugar and 18g of protein.

What if I did one slice of this for breakfast with some scrambled egg whites to get the extra protein?

As I have mentioned before, my coach is not too keen on my questions and ideas so I turn to you all in asking this question.
No. If you're going to play the IP game, stop changing the rules.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

WI day, down 2.2 bringing me within an arms reach of the 140's AND 20# total loss. I am definitely hoping that next week will do me right! I feel like I have been in the 150's forever and am chomping at the bit to be done with them!

Bellamack- have you tried going to 4 packets a day? Sometimes you need to eat more to lose more. At this point it sounds like you are at your wits end (which I would be too), so why not give it a try? I have also heard that people who stick to chicken and fish on certain weeks have better losses. I know you have probably tried every tip out there, but just in case:

1). SALAD! Lots of it!
2). Chicken and fish (or turkey) no red meat
3). WATER! Just when you think you can't drink any more, drink another glass
4). Lemon in your water
5). If you use WF products, Crystal Light, Mio, Propel- anything like that, try cutting it all out for a week. You could be extremely sensitive to the fakeness of it.
6). Limit "soy" products. Especially the puffs, ridges etc... Soy could be having a big impact on your hormones. Some people are more sensitive to soy than others. I am very sensitive to soy and have a lot of hormone issues (prior to IP, so I stay clear of the soy products)
7). Try not to get on the scale everyday (if you are). I noticed the less stress, the better loss.
8). This also goes for if work or life is very stressful. If there is a lot going on, you may be holding on to weight b/c of stress or possibly lack of sleep.
9). Add another packet. Or add a couple of egg whites. Somehow, add in some extra protein.
10). I know this is frowned upon, and I KNOW you probably won't like this one, but there are some people who swear by a cheat. I know, I know, it bugs you when you read that people cheat, especially on a no cheat diet. But there are some people who swear that it helps break a plateau and they started losing again after a cheat day. I have not done this, so I can't speak from personal experience, but if I was in your position, I just might be tempted to try it.

Anyway, I don't know if I was able to provide you with anything that you didn't already know, but maybe there was something I could offer you.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 264/254/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by useruser View Post
Finished 1st week! The scale showed 3.2 lbs lost. This is great but not as much as I expected for being the first week. Anyway, I'm pretty happy and look forward for offical weigh in with coach next week (she's out of town). I also look forward to measurements. I think some pants are already fitting better.
Goodjob!!!!
As long as your losing!!!
Im excited to see the number drop on Friday!!!! (Even its a lb)

Once again, GOOD JOB!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #41  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I am OUT of the 330's!!!!!! 328lbs.....WI #13 today and lost 4.2lbs which makes me a total of 60lbs!!!....I am soooo excited right now. This is what I weighed when I delivered my son 19 years ago. I guess Sandy's Woosh Fairy came to Mississippi today!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 08-03-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

WI in 1 hour! So excited!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 264/254/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I am OUT of the 330's!!!!!! 328lbs.....WI #13 today and lost 4.2lbs which makes me a total of 60lbs!!!....I am soooo excited right now. This is what I weighed when I delivered my son 19 years ago. I guess Sandy's Woosh Fairy came to Mississippi today!
THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!

KEEP IT UP!
Reading posts like this keeps me motivated!!!!
GREAT JOB!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
AMAZING!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #45  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! awesome job. I love your new picture. I always look forward to reading your posts, you are always so positive and helpful.
Closed Thread