Old 07-27-2011, 11:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
12 pounds from goal, OP, got head in the right place.

Now, upcoming 3 weeks of business/vacation travel away from home. This is the plan my coach has set up for me however, I REALLY would appreciate the feedback and insight from any one who has thoughts on the arrangement:

One week (starting now) on phase 2.
Two weeks on Phase 3.

Three weeks of trip: allow for 3 "cheat" days per week, each followed by a strict phase 1 day, and phase 3 eating the other days. Continue exercise.

Return from trip: return to Phase 1 until remaining weight is lost.

She says this will stabilize my current weight (once I start phase 3) and she states it should drastically reduce not only the shock to the body with cheat days but also minimize my weight gain, if there is any. (I can't imagine I wouldn't gain a little, but I'm not planning on any big binges or anything like that! Just a few special dinners built in with family and friends, the afternoon glass of wine on the deck here and there).

I know some of you may recommend ways to stay OP while I am away, but it isn't an option that I feel I even want to do; this is a special trip where I do not want to have to compromise all of the time but want to indulge reasonably and curtail gaining.

Thanks for any thoughts...I really don't want to lose ground on all the effort I've put in and new eating skills I"ve developed.
Looks like you have a good plan by your coach. It looks to me as though you'll be doing phase 3 for 2 weeks before you go away so why don't you just go into maintenance and have your clean days after you cheats days, if you already completed phase 3 properly there should be no reason to keep that up when go away. Do phase 4 maintenance, eat good healthy carbs 2x a day you will not gain weight if your doing a clean day after your cheat day! Then if you still feel the need to loose more weight, when you get home go back onto phase one to clean yourself up again.
niknakjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

I have been on a couple of holidays since starting. For the first one, I packed my food and good intentions and then promptly ate and drank way more than I should have. The second time, I was more realistic - I indulged in a little wine and some off plan foods. I didn't lose that week, but I didn't gain. Giving myself permission to enjoy celebrating with my family, meant I was mostly behaved and enjoyed it immensely. My friend left for Newfoundland last week and we discussed that it wasn't feasible to give up the best north Atlantic lobster, so she made a rule - "lobster ok, toast not ok" and she's good with that.
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #18  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknakjack View Post
If your in maintenance you should really be having carbs 2x a day ie.bkfst and dinner, phase 3 is to just restart your pancreas this is usually for 2 weeks after that you should have good carb at least 2x a day to keep your body fueled and running smoothly. Your body uses the carbs to fuel the engine so to speak, if your only getting them at breakfast you will run out of fuel later in the day. Ask your coach about this if you are unsure. You will not gain back weight by eating healthy carbs 2x a day its the old habits of BAD carbs that will do that.
Oh, but I thought the idea was to eat your carbs at night to fuel the body the next day as it takes time for the conversion to take place. In other words, if I'm going to run i can't eat a bowl of pasta and expect to be charged with carbs in two hours. So carbs at breakfast...phase 3 thing...thought it stays same in 4 but with the carbs added at night and always separate from fats.
I guess when you live it you "get it".
I'd like a personal chef.....
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
Oh, but I thought the idea was to eat your carbs at night to fuel the body the next day as it takes time for the conversion to take place. In other words, if I'm going to run i can't eat a bowl of pasta and expect to be charged with carbs in two hours. So carbs at breakfast...phase 3 thing...thought it stays same in 4 but with the carbs added at night and always separate from fats.
I guess when you live it you "get it".
I'd like a personal chef.....
Yes. You have the right idea, thats what I was trying to say. But the carbs you eat at brkfst will fuel you later in the day then the dinner carbs will help out in the am thru the afternoon. Exactly right, try not to mix the fats and carbs at the same meal, unless its your cheat day. Your good to go, congrats!
niknakjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:21 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Definitely keep me posted on what you decide to do and how it all works out. I think I might mention it my coach next week so she can have some time to think about it and we can start discussing my plan of action. If I end up doing the same thing (1) week at P2 and (2) at P3, then I will need to start on Sept. 1. P4 definitely seems totally doable for vacation.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #21  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I would personally swap between Phase 1 and Phase 2 for the duration of the trip, and not phase out until at goal... I've heard a lot of people say (including my coach), that once you phase out, it's really hard (mentally) to get back to Phase 1. If you let things slip now because you are "close enough", you might then thinks it's ok to gain a few pounds. Then a few becomes 5, 10, etc. Not what I want to do, personally. But I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 07-28-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote