Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
I updated my pics today.
I can't believe how far I've come.

IP rocks
You look incredible! Thanks for updating your photos.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #48  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I officially hit the 50-lb mark today! Woohoo! Have a great week everyone!
Congrats!!!! You are almost at your goal! Keep it up!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #49  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

How does one see these photo's? I know that this is a silly question, but when I click the link another page opens up and i just see everyone's comments....
Old 07-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #50  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

The pics are usually in the first post of the thread the link takes you too. I just scroll back to them..
Old 07-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #51  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
For those of you who are wondering if this really works, I am officially down 65 big ones today. I started Jan. 25th so it has taken exactly 7 mo. some months have been slower than others, but ip has not failed me. I have 4 lbs to go till my unofficial goal. The Dr. put me at 150, but I'm heading to 145.
You can do this too! Good luck everyone.
Mary
Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing, you should be very proud of yourself!!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
I updated my pics today.

IP rocks
WOWZA you look great! Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamom View Post
Totally excellent ladies. Minus 50 and minus 65!!!! What an encouragement and challenge for me to keep at it! Potato chips got me this weekend but it could have been worse. I was craving them all day. Do not keep them in the house for obvious reasons. Had to go to store-put it off because the craving was so strong. Caved in and bought the smallest bag I could find. The little bag was enough to stop the craving and it satisfied. So a small victory of sorts. No family size Ruffles! Looking forward to a good week. Plan to keep busy so can't eat during thoe busy times.
When I want something salty I have a pkg of roasted seaweed. good for you and lots of salt.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #54  

Quote:
I updated my pics today.

IP rocks
Look at you! Beautiful.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawniebear View Post
Ugh! Anyone have any good stall breaking tips? No loss for a month and no inch loss either. Been on program, blah, blah, blah. Still have 20lbs to lose!!!! Help please!!
I say RELAX, get a massage and drink a ton of lemon water.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #56  

Thanks for the help.

I have 2 non-restricters per day (chocolate drink) and one bar in the morning.

I usually eat chicken or beef with the recommended amount of veggies. I *try* to get in my water, but I will admit that is a struggle for me.

What is "bootcamp"? I may need to give that a try. I do go to weigh in every Saturday. They suggested eliminating crystal light, which will be tough because it's my only form of sanity on this diet. I admit, eventhough I've lost almost 20lbs, I've never lost the "guaranteed" 3lbs per week.

Thanks for your help!!
Old 07-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #57  
Started IP 07/05/2011

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 5"

Wow...congratulations on everyone's victories. It's sort of funny...I hate Monday mornings because work is crazy busy from all the stuff that piles up over the weekend. However, I come on here and read everyone's SVs and NSVs and it's so exciting...definitely inspires me to stay OP and keep going with this lifestyle change. To all you ladies with big losses...wow...you're getting so much closer to your goals. I'm impressed and so proud of you guys.

I haven't been on the scale in over a week. I just can't handle the stress but I was excited to have a small NSV this weekend. I went to Walmart to check out the cheap summer clothes because mine are starting to get loose. I'm on the verge of fitting into a size 14...I haven't been that small since highschool. Yay! So I bought the size 14s and I'm hoping to fit them by next week.

Last edited by CuteNcurls; 07-25-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #58  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Thanks for the help.

I usually eat chicken or beef with the recommended amount of veggies. I *try* to get in my water, but I will admit that is a struggle for me.

What is "bootcamp"? I may need to give that a try. I do go to weigh in every Saturday. They suggested eliminating crystal light, which will be tough because it's my only form of sanity on this diet. I admit, eventhough I've lost almost 20lbs, I've never lost the "guaranteed" 3lbs per week.

Thanks for your help!!
I was a 'slow loser' on IP, but if you give it time you will get there. I averaged 2.3 or so pounds per week. C'est la vie!

Try upping your water and really try to kick the crystal light to the curb (especially if it isn't the splenda-based one). Maybe try water with a little lemon or lime juice instead? Herbal tea?? I know it can be hard, but maybe just try it for a week to see if it helps you get jump started again.

Boot camp is when you have only non-restricted packets for a week and only the unrestricted veggies (no tomato, green beans, etc.). Sometimes people are getting too many carbs by having the restricted item each day and this helps to get you losing again.

You could also try having your protein at lunch and a packet at dinner. Some people find that helps. My coach also recommended that I have an egg white in the afternoon (I had my snack after dinner) to up my protein intake.

Make sure you are getting your olive oil, too. Some people have said they increased their oil intake slightly and that helped.

Good luck! When those 20 lbs are gone you won't care how long it took to get them off, but it is really hard when you are in the middle of it and it doesn't seem to be working! Hang in there.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

You look terrific MInewgoal!!! inspirational!

Shawniebear, definitely try more water. I didn't think we could have crystal light b/c of the aspartame, but maybe that was the flavor I was looking at. I have not hit a plateau yet, but I have read a lot on here and talked to my clinic leaders about cutting my 1 bar a day and they were against it, they also say the choc drink is fine. Stay positive, your body will start losing again, I am sure of it!!
Old 07-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Thanks for the help.

Thanks for your help!!
There are a couple of suggestions you could try:

1). Definitely eliminate crystal light or cut it down to 1/2 of what you are doing. There is another flavoring out there called Mio, and I believe it is not made with aspertame, the way crystal light is. You could try that instead.

2). Bootcamp. This would involve doing a week with no restricted packets.

3). You could try adding a 4th packet for a week.

4). Lemon in your water. It will help with the flavoring of your water so you can cut down on the fake sugar.

5). If you are eating a lot of Walden Farm products, try cutting down on those as well. Even though WF & CL are 0/0/0, there are still trace calories and carbs, and if you eat enough of them, it will add up.

6). Start exercising. Some walking or light yoga or something.

7). Salad, salad and more salad in addition to your veggies.

I have had steady losses, but my averages don't come close the the "guaranteed 3#". I don't really care though, because I have never been on a diet and lost this much weight in this amount of time!

Oh- one more thing. The 2 chocolate drinks you are having, are they the packets or the ready made? Because the packets have 9 grams of carbs each and they are borderline restricted. So between your 3 packets you are getting around 34 grams of carbs. Maybe try switching into some lower carb packets, like the puddings (can always be made into a shake with 10 oz of water) or the other drinks? Or if you really want chocolate, maybe get the ready made since they are only 4 carbs each?

Hope any / all / some of these suggestions help!
Closed Thread