Old 08-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #46  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

I heard about IP through a combination of my wife's hairdresser whose daughter (in the same salon) started an IP clinic and a very good friend of ours who was on the program with the same coach. We live in a very small town so there is only one clinic and lucky to have that. Of course after starting on the plan, I found out about a number of other people in town on IP, including a friend who works at his in-law's grocery store. When he saw my shopping cart and I asked him about a certain brand of pork loin he looked at me kind of funny and said, "Ideal Protein?" He's lost over 35 pounds and is at goal so we had a good chat about the plan.

Anyway, I think this program is the greatest thing since sliced bread, not that I eat any bread these days, but you catch my drift. I'm sure it is not for everyone but it sure is working for me.

Stay Strong!

Last edited by kellyg53; 08-13-2011 at 10:42 PM.
kellyg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #47  
Started IP 08/05/2011

S/C/G: 181/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I had a good friend who did the diet and lost 30-something. And I plainly just decided that I want that too! I want to lose at least 40! This is the first time I've actually participated in a structured diet. Prior to now, I always just tried to adjust my eating habits (no soda, more salads, etc). I had some success, but just couldn't seem to make more. I used to go to the gym several times a week, but that just made me more hungry!

I'm determined to make this work! It's good to read so many stories that I can relate to!
lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Bella, I can't say it enough how proud I am of you for sticking to the program with your weight loss being so slow and staying OP 100%. You will begin seeing it and feeling sooo much better even if that stupid scale doesn't show it!
Wuv, I thank you for encouraging me, you will never know how you have helped me stay the "slow" course. God Bless. Bella
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #49  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Wuv, I thank you for encouraging me, you will never know how you have helped me stay the "slow" course. God Bless. Bella
You are welcome Bella, I will continue to encourage you though all of this. I see you have 15lbs until your goal. I will keep doing that even after you reach your goal. Its good to have someone help you out and I enjoy doing it. Here is to another pound or two loss this week for YOU! and even if its not a pound or two we will continue on this journey!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #50  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I had done the Fat Smash and Impatient Dieter. I wanted something that incorporated both so I did an internet search and happened on a 3fc thread.

Oh by the way Wuv, I'm near Jackson. I'm about 90 miles from the burg.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 162.2/158.8/115

My co worker was on it and lost over 20lbs and looks fabulous. It also worked with my schedule, I have 2 little ones at home and did not have the time to exercise. I think the fact that it is such a strict diet is what is helping me. All the other diets, I can cheat a little here, a little there and soon cheating too much, IP has no room for cheating.
bonzaiako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
I had done the Fat Smash and Impatient Dieter. I wanted something that incorporated both so I did an internet search and happened on a 3fc thread.

Oh by the way Wuv, I'm near Jackson. I'm about 90 miles from the burg.
Awesome I think we have 3 MS people on here....I guess we need to start spreading the word like the LA people are doing!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:09 AM   #53  
Donna

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
I'm in Canada and I'd never heard of it before last week. I also wonder why it seems to be such a secret. I'm in a relatively small city and apparently people are really being successful on it here. One woman lost 130 pounds in 11 months. I don't know how long it's been in this town though.
JackieGee...It's nice to see someone else who is 5' tall...or short...LOL. It seemed as if it took many pounds before I could really SEE it...I, too, would like to be 130ish...but don't know if I'll get there or not. What age are you? I'm 63...and this IS my last diet...
SouthernMimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #54  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMimi View Post
JackieGee...It's nice to see someone else who is 5' tall...or short...LOL. It seemed as if it took many pounds before I could really SEE it...I, too, would like to be 130ish...but don't know if I'll get there or not. What age are you? I'm 63...and this IS my last diet...
Well I'm right behind you. I'm 60 about to be 61 next month. I'm going down to Ottawa for my grandson's 2nd birthday in two weeks and I'd like to be down 20 lbs by then (I'm down 11 right now). Then I'm in it for the long haul - it is also my last diet.

I buy myself a silver bangle for each ten pounds lost. I did that almost 10 years ago when I lost 50 lbs on Atkins. But this time I'm switching it from gold bangles to silver and I'm ADDING a gold bangle for each twenty five lbs. I'd like to be able to buy myself a gold bangle for my birthday on September 29. And then another one for Christmas!
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #55  
Donna

Quote:
Well I'm right behind you. I'm 60 about to be 61 next month. I'm going down to Ottawa for my grandson's 2nd birthday in two weeks and I'd like to be down 20 lbs by then (I'm down 11 right now). Then I'm in it for the long haul - it is also my last diet.

I buy myself a silver bangle for each ten pounds lost. I did that almost 10 years ago when I lost 50 lbs on Atkins. But this time I'm switching it from gold bangles to silver and I'm ADDING a gold bangle for each twenty five lbs. I'd like to be able to buy myself a gold bangle for my birthday on September 29. And then another one for Christmas!
I've done Atkins, also, and I lost @30 pounds. Guess what? I gained it back plus extra...

I love your idea about buying a silver bangle for each ten pounds lost. I may have to do something similar for myself....

Good luck with the 9 more pounds!
SouthernMimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #56  

Quote:

I bought myself a Pandora (charm) bracelet today for my reward. I bought a bracelet and 5 charms, one charm for each 10lbs and the bracelet is 10lbs. I will by myself a new charm for every 10lbs, I may have to make it every 20lbs because I will run out of room....lol
Old 08-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #57  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Great idea Wuv. I love charm bracelets. I used to work for an insurance company when I was young and for recreation during slow periods I would read the policies. I won't mention any names but I loved reading the policies of the rich and famous who had policies with our company. I remember at the time everyone had charm bracelets - but silver ones. One particular ruling family had several daughters and they had GOLD charm bracelets and the policies listed all the charms. I decided then and there that SOMEDAY I would have a gold charm bracelet.

So back around 1994 I was on a cruise and in St Maarten I bought it finally. I used to buy charms regularly when I travelled or had a special event. I sitll have it but rarely wear it because I have trouble fastening it.

I think it's a wonderful idea Wuv and I'll look forward to seeing a photo of it with all the charms.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:06 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

I met a woman while vacationing in FL who lost 55 pounds on IP. What intrigued me was that she managed to keep it off for a year. I researched, which led me here and heard similar results...Sold me right away. BOY am I glad I tried yet another diet. Size 8never felt so good!
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:14 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 176.6/169.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I am new to IP and new to this site. I have lost 7.1 pounds and 7 inches my first week! Yeah!!!! I heard about IP from my mom who has been doing it for 1 month and says she feels better than she has in years. I am so excited...you guys are very inspirational.
Jenabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #60  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

I am from Canada, never ever heard of it. I mean I am surprised how this diet which to me is the best diet of all is not well advertised through the media. All we hear about is weight watchers with the big celebrety endorsing it and of course Jenny Craig... Is there a celebrity that did not go with Jenny Craig (I love how Sara Rue looks nowadays) and I was almost going to join, I went and had the meeting and brochures and everything. Luckily, I discovered Ideal protein while searching over the internet, first I thought it was just a program run in one of the local centers where I live, but then I saw that it is a program on its on and there are many centers.

I am so glad I started this diet, it is the only one that really worked for me. I used to lose about 10 pounds and then gain about 12 if not more, it was a vicious cercle and now I am on my 7th week on IP and lost 30 pounds already. I cannot believe it.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote