Old 08-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 228/219.7/177

Height: 5 feet 7 iinches

My girlfriend turned me onto the diet after I was extremely depressed that my sister-in-law had gastric by pass and when from a size 24 to a 2. I knew I never wanted to have surgery but I did want to do something about my weight. Here I am now 50 pounds lighter and still going strong.
Christine07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #62  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine07 View Post
My girlfriend turned me onto the diet after I was extremely depressed that my sister-in-law had gastric by pass and when from a size 24 to a 2. I knew I never wanted to have surgery but I did want to do something about my weight. Here I am now 50 pounds lighter and still going strong.
I am so glad you chose this plan instead of the gastric by pass. This is much healthier and you can still eat. You are doing great having 50lbs gone, you will feel much better and the health risk on this diet is less than having the bypass that is for sure....GREAT choice!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #63  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I thought since we have so many newbies this week, this would be a good thread to bump to the top again
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #64  
Dee2

S/C/G: 196/186/145 (JC 5-11)

Height: 5'4

I'm going to jump on here. I first heard about IP from a sign I saw on the side of a street. All it had was a phone number. I didn't know what it was even about. Then I was shopping in a sugar free store and a few of us were discussing our diets. I was on HCG at the time and one gentleman said he was on Ideal Protein and he loved it! I continued on my own plan but after 3 weeks of no oils, fat etc....not even lotion...my hands and feet were so dry and cracking, I couldn't take it anymore. I stopped the losing part and went thru stabilization and maintenance. I maintained that weight loss over 3 months aside from 3 lbs. I then started again on my very own diet and lost about 5, I think. When a friend mentioned she started it and lost 7 lbs the first week...I was hooked!
Dee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #65  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

A friend of mine that had moved away came back to town and she looked AMAZING! I asked her how she did it and she told me about it. I went home and found that there was a clinic right here in town. I called and made a consultation and signed right up. I'm in my 3rd week and loving the results!
frazzledmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #66  
Maintaining since 11/8/11

S/C/G: 170/141.5/140

Height: 5'7"

I had 2 clients who did IP last year and I was pretty amazed at their results, especially since they've kept it off. At the time, though, I made excuses for why I couldn't do it; too expensive, couldn't give up all that I would have to give up, etc. Of course, the truth was that I wasn't mentally ready. Another client started up this summer and invited me to a workshop. I was impressed by what I heard and decided that this was my time. Best decision I've made in ages!
pink parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #67  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 164/127/135

Height: 5'3"

This is a great thread! I found IP because it appeared in my email inbox as a "Living Social" deal (like groupon, but in the Bay Area). It was something like 75% off the initial consultation fee, and I was in a rut with my weight loss, so I just bought it without thinking. I did the research later, went to the clinic, and am so excited to start in two days!
Fizzyizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:32 AM   #68  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I found IP through my oncologist. Last year I had cancer and thankfully they got it really early. My doctor said that I'm now cured, but if I didn't lose weight I would end up dying of a stroke or heart attack instead. She suggested IP because she herself lost 60 pounds on it and had many of her patients loose on it too. I resisted for about 6 months because I thought I could do this on my own, but of course that didn't work. So this past August during my visit to her she said she wanted to see me 20 pounds lighter at my next visit which will be in February. I knew I needed to get serious so I called the coach she recommended and at now almost the 1 month mark I'm almost down those 20 pounds she wanted. Boy is she going to be surprised and happy when I go in next February weighing a lot less then those twenty pounds she wanted me to start with.

I LOVE this plan and it really is the easiest plan I've ever been on.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #69  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

The first time I heard of IP, a father from my son's baseball team was on it. He lost a great number of lbs in a short time. He was telling me all about it and I came up with excuses of why it wouldn't work for me. Men lose faster than women, no way would it work that well for me. I have insulin resistance, most diets don't work as well for us. Then 2 different moms from the team started it and throughout the summer dropped weight like crazy. So, I started to research it and the biggest draw was the correction of insulin resistance. I loved the idea of retraining my pancreas while losing weight. We were doing a lot of travelling during the summer, so I planned to start as soon as the kids started school. There is only one clinic in my town, at a dentist's office. The coaches aren't that great, but I have this site and it's been so easy to do.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:23 AM   #70  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
The first time I heard of IP, a father from my son's baseball team was on it. He lost a great number of lbs in a short time. He was telling me all about it and I came up with excuses of why it wouldn't work for me. Men lose faster than women, no way would it work that well for me. I have insulin resistance, most diets don't work as well for us. Then 2 different moms from the team started it and throughout the summer dropped weight like crazy. So, I started to research it and the biggest draw was the correction of insulin resistance. I loved the idea of retraining my pancreas while losing weight. We were doing a lot of travelling during the summer, so I planned to start as soon as the kids started school. There is only one clinic in my town, at a dentist's office. The coaches aren't that great, but I have this site and it's been so easy to do.
Paint Lady I'm insulin resistant too and the idea of giving my pancreas a rest was also a big pull for me too. Besides, low carb really is the only way to go for those like us. Congrats on your weight loss.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #71  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

The worst part about being IR is that you know you don't need the carbs, but your body is telling you that you MUST EAT THAT RIGHT NOW!!! It's hard to explain that to someone that doesn't have it. It's like you're knowingly poisoning yourself and not being able to stop it. I love that my pancreas is "asleep" now. No cravings! This diet has been the best thing I've done for myself in a long time. I can do this for as long as I need to because the alternative was a life-long future of Diabetes and insulin injections.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #72  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

I discovered IP on this website. I was looking around for something else and came across it. I started asking a million questions and googled a clinic that is 1 hour from my house. I will be going for my 3 week weigh in on Sunday. I do think it is a little pricey, but I don't have to constantly plan each meal. Very easy to follow.
odirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #73  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

I heard about IP from a booth at our local Home Improvement Show! I went for the informational meeting and decided that night to join. I lost 45 lbs in 17 weeks. I have been in maintenance for 1 1/2 years now and have gained only about 10 lbs and that was just recently from being a lazy slacker!!! I am on Phase 1 again to get the weight back off and maybe a few more lbs. This program really works.

I convinced my mom to join a year ago and she was very skeptical that it would work for her, but 40 lbs later she has been maintaining for about 6 months! LOVE IDEAL PROTEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
carlasherea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I'm IR, too, and the idea of helping my pancreas was a huge draw for me. I've been IR for several years now and I've tried various diets with varying success, but it never lasted. Although I was eating very healthy foods, I was eating too many carbs (fruits mainly) and wasn't having very much success losing weight even with working out 3-4 times per week.
I decided to try IP when my gynecologist told me about it and that very same day I got blood work results from my primary care doctor and found out that my cholesterol was borderline high and my insulin was elevated (even though I was already on medication for it!). I took it all as a sign that I needed to give it a whirl. It's only been a week, but already I am feeling so much better!! I think this is the best thing I've done for myself in some time!
rbtemplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #75  

I found out from my sister in law who was on the program at the time. She seemed to be having good success with IP. So I decided to try it out. I called up the IP page and found one that was closest to me. The rest was history. I feel it helped me on so many levels. Im still learning and reading labels since Ive been off the diet for two weeks now.
ponylady12410 is offline   Reply With Quote