Old 07-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
That is great to know. My mother brought over a big pile of beautiful summer squash yesterday and when she asked if I could have it, I told her "no" - at least according to my phase 1 sheet.

I appreciate the clarification as she will be having a bumper crop of summer squash this year and will be pleased to know I can eat some.

Now, if I can only break my habit of loading up the summer squash with butter and cheese!
Lol Pastor K...just remember the cheese and butter is what got us here in the first place
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #92  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Lol Pastor K...just remember the cheese and butter is what got us here in the first place
Ain't it the truth!
kellyg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
that is a great idea! Thanks.
Just an FYI a prescription for a food product isn't going to get it through customs. a Psytosanitary certificate is what they officers are looking for. IE beef is USDA approved and marked as such origin,
Different countries have different restrictions and it depends on where the foods are produced if it could be a threat to their agriculture and so on.

IP Packets are processed foods, chances of there being an issue are slim unless your packing the chili, spaghetti,omlette. The general rule of thumb is if it comes from an animal it probably isn't allowed. If its a fruit or a vegetable does it grow there.

*IF* you have questions about the food your importing into a country then you should be contacting the consulate of that country you are visiting before you pack any foods into your bags.

Failing to declare your food products to customs in many countries result in large fines. In Canada for example the fine is a possible $800.00 per item.
fannymae32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:37 AM   #94  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
gettinmygrooveback and wuv2bloved, you 2 ladies are an inspiration!
I can't imagine staying op every day for 7 or 10 weeks. I am worried i will get very sick of eating the same veggies every day. One day i hope to grow up and be like you
Thanks, that is very sweet of you. I just cook my veggies different ways, eat a lot of Cukes for lunch and hot veggies at night (stirfry, steamed) never the same taste. At least that is what I am telling myself...haha

I just think of the outcome of staying OP and not getting off once. I know I have a LONG road ahead of me and getting off program will set me back so I don't want that to happen. Nothing can taste as good as reaching my goal early or at all. I CAN AND WILL DO THIS 100%!....I GOT THIS!!!

Quote:
I have a question, what can i do with this soy patty that i will be eating tomorrow? Also, how many people on phase one are down to 2 ip packs a day?
Good luck with the soy patty, I did NOT like it at all. I traded my box for something else. My suggestion would be to add a lot of seasoning. That is ONE item I will NEVER get again! I hope you have better luck with it than I did.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:48 AM   #95  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Well i guess im the latehawk tonite...And to think tommorow is another busy day..I ws supposed to have tommorow daytime off but now ive been told im going to be needed as backup at the coffee shop..which means finding a babysitter and fast...oh boy..and then i work all evening...sigh..

By the way..i cant seem to deal with the spice of the chipotle ranch walden farms dressing..how the heck do you fix that??
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Well i guess im the latehawk tonite...And to think tommorow is another busy day..I ws supposed to have tommorow daytime off but now ive been told im going to be needed as backup at the coffee shop..which means finding a babysitter and fast...oh boy..and then i work all evening...sigh..

By the way..i cant seem to deal with the spice of the chipotle ranch walden farms dressing..how the heck do you fix that??

I couldnt deal with the chipotle ranch spice either - gave it to my husband who loves spicy foods and he LOVES it!! He's already gone through the one bottle and I've ordered him 2 more!!!
Joyflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #97  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
OK, Week #2 only 1.6 lbs. and I didn't cheat once and listen to what I had to be around last night. Homemade Gyro's, Pasta Salad and then grilled strawberry/blueberry shortcake and whip cream and everyone trying to get me to eat it. ugggggggggg. I had salad with tons of veggies and grilled chicken. I would like to say it made me feel good to stay on program, but it didn't with only a 1.6 loss. I was under the impression that this program you would lose 3-6 lbs/week. boo hoo. staying on course, just not quite as enthusiastic as when I started 2 weeks ago. tee hee
The weight loss will come-- what's so great is all the healthy choices you are making! I found the second week one of the most challenging. Felt lousy and worked hard to stay the course. Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteNcurls View Post
This is the end of my second week on IP. I'm not doing this with a coach and I don't have a scale at home. At this point I refuse to buy one because I have the urge to weigh myself far too often and I get depressed when I don't see losses. I am going to focus on how I feel emotionally and how I feel in my clothes. I've already noticed that they're starting to feel loose and I'm starting to feel happier and more confident.

I do have a concern though...has anyone noticed odd TOM symptoms or issues on IP? Sort of a personal question but I'm concerned that my body is thrown off of it's normal schedule...and I'm actually getting emotional. Keeping in mind that I've never suffered from PMS symptoms (mood swings, fatigue or cramps) it bothers me that I feel this way...I'm so moody and I just want to curl up in bed and sleep. I feel so sorry for my boyfriend who has to put up with me.
YES!! Grumpy and lethargic and a lot of "why am I doing this to myself" stuff.
I actually did sleep more when I could because I didn't have the energy to do anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Well..im glad to see everyone else is having fun and losing weight..Im just plain frustrated and wanting to give up..I lost 10 pounds in the first 7 days and now its week 2 and i havent lost anything..technically itse day 12.. and i have not lost anything more..I cheated a few days ago...and since then have gone straight back to being OP and yesterday the scale said that i lost the 2 pounds that i had gone up after the cheat...but today it says i havent moved at all..im getting so frustrated not seeing anything.. i feel like im working so hard....its such a mental work...and i see everyone on here having so much success and then i look at me ..and i barely have gotten anywhere in almost 2 weeks...RAWR!!! just so frustrated!!! i just want to give up and eat lots of donuts..
We all know the feeling. You've got to trick yourself into not giving up.
I had extra packets the first couple of weeks which was suggested by my IP doc. I would say here to everyone to cheat with extra protein. Not nearly as bad as cheating with donuts... and it kept me on course.. In the first 3 or 4 months I had something like 3 cheats (read- junk food) the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
I feel like I have gotten a load off my shoulders. I was extremely hesitant about telling people (other than my family) that I'm on this program. I had just mentioned that I was doing low-carb. I was pretty tired of people offering me different stuff at social gatherings, so yesterday I hosted a small dinner party and I explained in detail what the plan was about, so I feel like now I won't have to hear "oh, you can't eat fruit? you can't have cheese? how about some wine? etc etc.

I just thought I'd share this for all the newbies who are having/will deal with this type of thing. It's great if you can just not tell people... but if you plan on still having some sort of social life, it's probably better to just come clean. (I was even asked about the price-this is the question that I was dreading the most ugh) but as I said, it's worth it. Now I can socialize and not worry about turning food down

Have a happy OP day everyone!
I did not tell a lot of people in the beginning. Everyone's so judgmental and
I didn't know how to defend the program. Once I had lost a lot of weight and everyone wanted to know how, I would tell them about IP but still just the basics. Too bad we can't have the love and support of all like we have here! I attribute a lot of my success the first time around to talking with others right here. So think happy thoughts and just keep getting through one day at a time.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-16-2011 at 09:10 AM.
HopefulTricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #98  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
I have a question, what can i do with this soy patty that i will be eating tomorrow? Also, how many people on phase one are down to 2 ip packs a day?
The soy patty needs some serious help. This is what I did with it, and now I actually like it.

Mexican veggie burger lettuce wraps. Uses soy patty, nonrestricted.

Take 6-10 big basil leaves and a handful of fresh parsley. Put in mini food processor and chop. Add dry soy patty mix and chop again. Add 1.5 Tablespoons Walden Farms Chipotle Ranch dressing, chop... Let sit one minute. Add some additional water if necessary to blend the rest of the product. Put mixture into heated frying pan. Break up the mixture into small chunks as it cooks... Serve on romaine lettuce leaves with additional WF Chipotle Ranch as topping.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Ok I am going to confess my last two WI were both gains of 0.8. I have posted every other WI here, and these should be no different.

I was on vacation the week after the 4th, and all I will say is that I blew it. By last Sunday my scale showed I had gained more than 6 lbs over all. I went back to Phase 1 (I was on Phase 2) Monday, and now that weight is gone. My weigh in day is Thursday, so I was happy that by Thursday's WI, my gain for the week was only 0.8. I told my coach all about my indiscretions, and what my weight was on Sunday. She told me that when we we all of sudden have the carbs again, our body is like "what is this" and tries to hang on to them. The big weight gain from cheating is a symptom of not Phasing off properly. So I have learned my lesson. I am disappointed in myself for "going crazy", but I knew what to do, and I took care of it.

What I hope that anyone who is considering cheating will get from this, is that if you cheat, you will slow down your loss, and even possibly gain. I also didn't sleep as well, and had less energy overall. I had cravings again and it took me 5 days of Phase 1 before they stopped.

Also, I don't believe this is an indicator of what will happen when I get to maintenance. I believe that if I had phased off properly, the damage would not have been as bad. I set myself back 2 or 3 weeks, and I was so close to being done.

It feel great (now) to be back on track, I am going to get this done, and be healthy, and feel good about myself. I am worth it, and my family is worth it.

Last edited by brandam6; 07-16-2011 at 10:20 AM.
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #100  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Ok I am going to confess my last two WI were both gains of 0.8. I have posted every other WI here, and these should be no different.

I was on vacation the week after the 4th, and all I will say is that I blew it. By last Sunday my scale showed I had gained more than 6 lbs over all. I went back to Phase 1 (I was on Phase 2) Monday, and now that weight is gone. My weigh in day is Thursday, so I was happy that by Thursday's WI, my gain for the week was only 0.8. I told my coach all about my indiscretions, and what my weight was on Sunday. She told me that when we we all of sudden have the carbs again, our body is like "what is this" and tries to hang on to them. The big weight gain from cheating is a symptom of not Phasing off properly. So I have learned my lesson. I am disappointed in myself for "going crazy", but I knew what to do, and I took care of it.

What I hope that anyone who is considering cheating will get from this, is that if you cheat, you will slow down your loss, and even possibly gain. I also didn't sleep as well, and had less energy overall. I had cravings again and it took me 5 days of Phase 1 before they stopped.

Also, I don't believe this is an indicator of what will happen when I get to maintenance. I believe that if I had phased off properly, the damage would not have been as bad. I set myself back 2 or 3 weeks, and I was so close to being done.

It feel great (now) to be back on track, I am going to get this done, and be healthy, and feel good about myself. I am worth it, and my family is worth it.
Thank you for posting about this... I think it's valuable to learn from the experiences of others. Like many have said, this program is a new way of eating and a totally new way of looking at food in general.

Now that you have had this experience, it sounds like you are going to commit to doing it right when the time comes to phase off... in the long run, those 2 to 3 weeks aren't a big deal at all.

When I consider a serious cheat session, I always focus in on how I think I would feel afterwards. I imagine just how disappointed I would be in myself, having come all this way and then sliding backwards. I LOVE the feeling of no carb cravings, not be hungry between meals, not feeling that energy "spike" and then "drop"... I would be giving all that up. And then I would have to come here and confess... So far it has worked...
Old 07-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
WI#8.......down 3lbs....officially in "onederland"!!!!
I have not been below 200 since I was 15yrs old. I LOVE IP!!

The link for the book is on the first post of this thread, I can not say enough that everyone needs to read it.
Congratulations!!!!!!! Welcome to Onederland- that's awesome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1962 View Post
Week 5 weigh in - down 5.4 pounds for a total of 17.2 pounds!!! Also have lost 30 inches all together.
Good for you- keep going!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thanks, that is very sweet of you. I just cook my veggies different ways, eat a lot of Cukes for lunch and hot veggies at night (stirfry, steamed) never the same taste. At least that is what I am telling myself...haha

I just think of the outcome of staying OP and not getting off once. I know I have a LONG road ahead of me and getting off program will set me back so I don't want that to happen. Nothing can taste as good as reaching my goal early or at all. I CAN AND WILL DO THIS 100%!....I GOT THIS!!!

Good luck with the soy patty, I did NOT like it at all. I traded my box for something else. My suggestion would be to add a lot of seasoning. That is ONE item I will NEVER get again! I hope you have better luck with it than I did.
I love your attitude- it WILL get you EVERYWHERE! In regards to the Soy Patty- I use it instead of ground beef for Big Mac in a Bowl; it's tasty and filling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post

Thank you for this contribution. While I haven't phased off into phase 2 yet it is fast approaching and it is good to have some insight into what to expect!
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Okay be prepared I'm about to get on my soapbox...
After having lost exactly 50 pounds in the past 10 months- 30 of which are from IP in the past 3 months. Bear in mind I'm only a few pounds from goal and went from a tight size 16 to a size 6. So... Everyone has a comment, some people have non stop comments (unfortunately) I get- Do you EVER eat?? You must think I'm so fat. How did you do it? Oh I could never do that- for this reason and that reason. Those that are overweight pat their stomachs and stare at me (this is quite the conspicuous feeling).
Sometimes I feel like a science experiment and everyone around me is the scientist and they are all coming up with theories that are totally different good, bad and ugly.
I can hardly wait for everyone to get USED to me and simmer down. I have taken the road of tell everyone everything. No hiding. No pretending like I didn't need to be on a diet. Because I did. If they want to talk let them. If they want to be mean (you're anorexic, you look sick etc) let them. I did not put in the effort for anyone besides myself. For my confidence. For my well being both mentally and physically. And I DO feel good in both of those regards now so to all of you start singing "Let's give'em something to talk about, Let's give'em something to figure out" cause you're in this for YOU- so don't worry about THEM let them worry about Themselves!
I have had to toughen my skin to succeed on this diet. You can't please everyone all the time so you may as well please yourself!
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

hey guys! all is well with me! i am down to 214 and i can't wait to hit oneder land! soon i hope, any way, i have started crafting cause i can think of other things besides food!! i am so excited that i started making hair accessories and i want to share them with you all. mu link is http://www.facebook.com/pages/SHABbY...96892737025409 and i would love if you all could support me! i love coming here for support and motivation. you guys rock!
crystalchuckgracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #104  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
After having lost exactly 50 pounds in the past 10 months- 30 of which are from IP in the past 3 months. Bear in mind I'm only a few pounds from goal and went from a tight size 16 to a size 6. So... Everyone has a comment, some people have non stop comments (unfortunately) I get- Do you EVER eat?? You must think I'm so fat. How did you do it? Oh I could never do that- for this reason and that reason. Those that are overweight pat their stomachs and stare at me (this is quite the conspicuous feeling).
Sometimes I feel like a science experiment and everyone around me is the scientist and they are all coming up with theories that are totally different good, bad and ugly.
I can hardly wait for everyone to get USED to me and simmer down. I have taken the road of tell everyone everything. No hiding. No pretending like I didn't need to be on a diet. Because I did. If they want to talk let them. If they want to be mean (you're anorexic, you look sick etc) let them. I did not put in the effort for anyone besides myself. For my confidence. For my well being both mentally and physically. And I DO feel good in both of those regards now so to all of you start singing "Let's give'em something to talk about, Let's give'em something to figure out" cause you're in this for YOU- so don't worry about THEM let them worry about Themselves!
I have had to toughen my skin to succeed on this diet. You can't please everyone all the time so you may as well please yourself!
Bravo to you! Congratulations on your amazing transformation!

Re: peoples' reactions... I completely agree with you. And, a few thoughts of my own... I went from a size 16 to a size 8... Hopefully 6 is just around the corner for me.

Here are some of things I tell people and/or myself, depending on my mood. They help me get through.

1) "My body, my business" - when people are telling me what to do.

2) "Fine, be fat. I don't care." - when people say they could never do this.

I also remind myself that peoples' reaction to MY weight loss has more to do with how they feel about themselves.

For example, people who are happy with themselves are happy for me. They may even admit that they are jealous of how I have succeeded.

People who are insecure tend to say negative things and ask me when I'm going to stop, ask me when I'm going to eat real food again, tell me that not eating fruit isn't good for me, tell me that I should walk/exercise instead. I find it interesting that most of these people DON'T eat well, don't exercise, and pretty much don't do any of the things that they tell me I SHOULD do. Hmmmm.....

Bottom line. The program is EASY but STRICT. I tell people "Don't confuse the two concepts"... You eat what is on the Phase 1 sheet. Period. If it's not on the sheet, don't eat it. It's EASY!!! However, it is STRICT. Most people get hung up on that... and tell me that they could never give up bread, sugar, fruit, etc.

So, "fine, be fat. I don't care." But, my body, my business.

Oh, one more thing. I love the "What do you miss the most?" comment. Here is my standard response now... knowing that they are asking me which food I miss the most.

I always reply "I'll tell you what I don't miss... is that piece of my stomach that used to wrap around the seatbelt when I got in the car..." That normally shuts people up right away.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 07-16-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #105  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Thanks! I needed to hear this. Now that everyone close to me knows it won't be an issue but I just hate to be that one that they are talking about.

I have a wedding tonight. OUTSIDE! The temp is supposed to be 110 and about 90% humidity. I'm not looking forward to it. I bought a new dress last night and my mom said it's very "slimming" so I hope others think so too. (I'm so not a dress person so they will probably crap when they see me in one.) The food is all a no no so I'm thinking of a late lunch, like 2ish, with chicken and 2 cups of veggies and then I'll bring some veggies and a bar for if I'm hungry later when they eat. I don't think anyone will have an appetite with that kind of heat so I probably won't be the only one passing on the meal during the reception, which is also outside. Water water water will keep me happy!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote