Old 07-23-2011, 12:24 AM   #31  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriab View Post
Thanks for all of the ideas. I've copied many of them to a document and hope to try many of them over the weekend. I am normally a vegetable eater but for some reason the 2 cups of vegetables with a chocolate or other flavor drink for lunch is throwing me off. I've been adding veggies to my soups but I know that this will get old eventually. I'm only in week one so trying really hard to keep this interesting so that I can stay committed to something for a change.
good for you, planning ahead! that is the secret to IP successs
I found the shortage of savory packets an issue for the same reason...just did not feel like a "meal" I'd pair with anything. Once I made the psychological shift to my lunch being a salad and a "veggie dish" (like a pesto cauliflower salad) and treated my shake or pudding like "dessert" (and had it with some decaf) it worked better for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteNcurls View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I really am trying with the veggies...and I am determined to learn to eat them. I was just worried that not getting enough might jeapordize the other effort I am putting in to this program. ... I guess it's adjusting from "chef-made" meals (my father was a chef and taught me to cook) to a limited program. It is much healthier but I'm missing a lot of the rich sauces that I used to coat my veggies in and real salad dressing. The WF stuff is not worth substituting for anything.
wow, lucky you...nummy! But I know what you mean...I was a serious foodie before IP. The good news is that I am once again and you will find a way to have a really great food life as you move into maintenance. One of my tricks was to pretend I had moved to a foreign country and these are the ingredients I now had to cook (veggies, packets, spices). If that were the case, what would I do? I think the expression is "necessity is the mother of invention" Tonight's treat: a NY strip on the grill, some asparagus sauteed in lime infused olive oil and chipotle infused olive oil; and a salad with romaine and fresh cherry tomatoes for that acid kick. I bet in about another week you'll be adding some amazing recipes to the threads. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #32  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Rocky: great recipes!

Baked butternut squash sprinkled with a small amount of sweetner and cinnamon is a delight!

Where can I find WF? tried 3 different large chain grocers without success

I need the recipe for turnip fries and zucchini chips as well!

LGW

Last edited by LGW; 07-23-2011 at 12:49 AM.
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:30 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

The cauliflower "potato" salad looks great-I love potato salad. Will be trying this one soon.
justamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:29 AM   #34  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

I thought butternut squash was a no no???? I thought it was too high in carb?
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #35  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Jasesgirl: Sorry, I'm not on the same plan...:-)
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 233/200/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGW View Post
Rocky: great recipes!

Baked butternut squash sprinkled with a small amount of sweetner and cinnamon is a delight!

Where can I find WF? tried 3 different large chain grocers without success

I need the recipe for turnip fries and zucchini chips as well!

LGW
You can probably order from their website
Amajean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #37  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Height: 5'8"

I actually like veggies, and it's still hard sometimes to get in 4 cups. I'll second the suggestions of some previous posters: Kale chips are great, and you can eat 2 cups without even realizing it's a vegetable! I use ZipSteam bags to steam broccoli, then drizzle a little olive oil and salt - tastes more like a snack than a veggie.
And you can always throw spinach in with your drink in a blender; it's pretty much tasteless, and voila - veggies without knowing it!
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:54 AM   #38  

I hope you saw this thread was from 2011 and the OP probably didn't see the answer
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #39  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

I'm glad people replied recently, and moved the thread up. I wasn't on the board in 2011, so I haven't seen all these good ideas before. I have some new ideas for veggies now! :-)
tam67green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #40  

Attachment 43358
Hopefully this will help. I hope I uploaded this correctly!

Last edited by maezy1; 03-06-2013 at 05:51 PM.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I hope you saw this thread was from 2011 and the OP probably didn't see the answer
But is is great for the rest of us!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #42  

Oh and there is a recent thread,maybe a week back, about fun with veggie purees. That one has been wonderful too. Pureeing veggies is a great way to get them in when I am fed up with veggies! Tonight I am going to stir fry cauliflower rice and spinach in 2 t of olive oil and a little garlic powder! The spinach done this way is actually a recipe used at a restaurant near us and is a favorite. Of course I am sure that they use much more than 2t of olive oil! hahaha
Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #43  

There is also a cauli rice thread
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 253/228/145

Height: 5'5"

I roast two cups of cauliflower in the oven with 1 t of olive oil and what ever spice I like then mix it with a blender and chicken soup packet with more water. I take this for lunch and just heat it up. It makes the soup really nice and thick plus it feels like you have really eaten a nice meal which fills me up for the afternoon. I find it a great way to get my veggies in.
sweetsue57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #45  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsue57 View Post
I roast two cups of cauliflower in the oven with 1 t of olive oil and what ever spice I like then mix it with a blender and chicken soup packet with more water. I take this for lunch and just heat it up. It makes the soup really nice and thick plus it feels like you have really eaten a nice meal which fills me up for the afternoon. I find it a great way to get my veggies in.
this one sounds delish.

Last edited by alittlelessme; 10-28-2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: typo
alittlelessme is offline   Reply With Quote