3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Veggie challenged..how do you get your 4 cups? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238051-veggie-challenged-how-do-you-get-your-4-cups.html)

Porthardygurl 07-14-2011 03:08 AM

Veggie challenged..how do you get your 4 cups?

So i thought i would ask everyone how you get your 4 cups of veggies in..I have not been a veggie fan myself..its not usually the taste that is the issue..however, im super sensetive to textures..Its like..certain textures make me want to gag...For instance..raw lettuces like spinach leaves and other raw lettuces..Romaine is the only one i actually can tolerate next to iceberg lettuce..Also raw mushrooms ..makes me cringe..its weird right?

Well..anyway.. im looking for ways to get my veggies in cause after a week of doing this..i realize im veggie challenged..and so far..ive only lived off of romaine lettuce and cooked zucchini and mushrooms...Any other ideas???What are your favorites? Whats an easy non walden farms way to get them down???

ChynaKC 07-14-2011 03:20 AM

Well its always good to try new recipes. I tried a stuffed bell pepper last night and it was great! I also like the turnip fries and zucchini chips. Its hard for me to get my veggies down too. I find myself eating cucumbers in vinegar a lot too. Hopefully some other ppl have good suggestions!

susanpaige 07-14-2011 08:04 AM

I roasted some veggies last night and they are delicious that way. Used a little EVOO, sea salt. basil, Fremin's health dust cajun seasoning, garlic powder, black peeper. Yum, glad I did enough and can have it again today:)

Bickel83 07-14-2011 08:38 AM

I hate Veggies too! I need help. I have resorted to just not eating them. Help!

rubyh 07-14-2011 09:09 AM

When I first started - I was not a veggie fan either so this was my initial solution - I would cut up 2 cups of veggies - celery, zucchini, mushrooms, green beans, etc and put them in a pot with chicken broth - cook them like they were a veggie soup. It worked for me. I then moved on to trying other veggies - asparagus, grilled on the stove top. I also like to saute in my olive oil - zucchine and mushrooms. Zucchini chips are great too. At our grocery store they sell - shredded broccoli - looks like coleslaw - it's easy to stir fry with a meat. Turnip greens or collard greens are easy to cook also. Just buy the frozen bags. One of my favorites is wilted spinach. Take a bag of spinach and saute with a little olive oil, season with you salt and whatever spices, it's a good side dish with your protein. Hope any of this helps.

wuv2bloved 07-14-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bickel83 (Post 3936286)
I hate Veggies too! I need help. I have resorted to just not eating them. Help!

If you aren't eating your veggies that could be a factor in your not having big weigh losses. It is VERY important to have your veggies!!

jennydoodle 07-14-2011 10:49 AM

I'm not a huge veggie person either, so I usually make HUGE salads, because I love salad. I will do lots of romaine and then my 2 cups are cucumbers, celery, peppers- typical salad veggies. I do this for lunch and dinner everyday. I also hate cooking and I am not a big fan of "warm" veggies. This is the solution I found that works for me and my quirks :)

rubyh 07-14-2011 11:40 AM

Just think about the veggies in the same light as you do your weight loss. This is a lifestyle change - you aren't going to be able to go back and eat french fries and a bunch of starchy foods and no veggies. You will need to learn to love some of them - or you will be right back in the same spot you started this diet on. This is how I had to learn to look at veggies through phase 1 and into maintenance. So now when I go to chili's and order an Old Timer Hamburger - instead of fries I get a side of broccili. I eat the meat and the lettuce and the picles, no bread.

ChynaKC 07-14-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanpaige (Post 3936234)
I roasted some veggies last night and they are delicious that way. Used a little EVOO, sea salt. basil, Fremin's health dust cajun seasoning, garlic powder, black peeper. Yum, glad I did enough and can have it again today:)

Where do you find the Fremin's health dust? I know there's no substitute but im missing my Tony's!

M0vingon 07-14-2011 01:02 PM

I don't do it often, but I love making a big pot of veggie soup. That makes it easy to get in a couple of cups worth at a meal. Stir Fry is also good- load it up with a variety of approved veggies. Roasted cauliflower is by far my favourite thing- well, cauliflower anything is my fave... but roasting anything makes it yummy! The other day I made veggie kabobs on the grill. I just skewered grape tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, and peppers and brushed them with a smidge of EVOO and a shake of Garlic & Herb Mrs Dash. It was very good.
There are tons of things you can do with veggies. Eventually you learn to love them!

susanpaige 07-14-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChynaKC (Post 3936683)
Where do you find the Fremin's health dust? I know there's no substitute but im missing my Tony's!

Fremin's food in new iberia makes it. They were suppose to start selling it not sure if it is packaged for sale yet. A sister to one of the coaches at my IP clinic is a member of the family that owns the store. She made it to be compatible with ip. The also offer ready to heat and eat "sensible meals" that fit phase 1, also have a very good chicken salad that is phase 1 friendly! This is great for when you don't have time to prepare something. I purchase the chicken salad and keep a few in the freezer. They are great!
BTW, my niece dates a guy who is a member of that family and his dad got me my bottle of health dust. I'll check and repost to let you know if they are selling it yet!

wuv2bloved 07-14-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChynaKC (Post 3936683)

The Tony's herbs and seasoning with the blue top doesn't have any sugars that is the one i use

Louisiana chick 07-14-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanpaige (Post 3937073)
Fremin's food in new iberia makes it. They were suppose to start selling it not sure if it is packaged for sale yet. A sister to one of the coaches at my IP clinic is a member of the family that owns the store. She made it to be compatible with ip. The also offer ready to heat and eat "sensible meals" that fit phase 1, also have a very good chicken salad that is phase 1 friendly! This is great for when you don't have time to prepare something. I purchase the chicken salad and keep a few in the freezer. They are great!
BTW, my niece dates a guy who is a member of that family and his dad got me my bottle of health dust. I'll check and repost to let you know if they are selling it yet!

I am interested in the meals that Fremin Foods has that is ideal protein friendly. Where in the store is it located? I may have to make a trip to New Iberia.What other kinds of food do they have besides chicken salad that is IP friendly? Thanks for letting us in on this.:carrot:

susanpaige 07-14-2011 07:58 PM

It is on the corner of Admiral Doyle and Hopkins. There are lots of different meals that contain a meat and veggie serving. There was fish, chicken, pork, beef all paired with various veggies. They also sell a Ip tuna salad. There may be more, i just stick to my usual.

murleya1 07-14-2011 08:01 PM

Look at the recipies thread and you'll find Kale chips. They are not bad. Not as good as potato chips, but they'll do. I do a lot of stir fries. EVOO, sea salt, some spices and anything from cabbage, zucchini, snow peas, broccoli, onion (my coach says cooked is ok as long as it is not caremelized), raddish.

I also enjoy fresh Green Peppers and other veggies. I don't even need dressings.

I also saw somewhere that poeple puree the veggies and make a smoothie.