Old 07-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Default Stalled for the last two weeks and gaining help

The last two weeks I have been stalled and have been gaining .4 and then .2 respectively. I dont know what to do. i dont want to feel discouraged. But Feel like nothing is working

This thought led me to fall off plan this weekend. At a baby shower. I feel awful about it.
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #2  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
The last two weeks I have been stalled and have been gaining .4 and then .2 respectively. I dont know what to do. i dont want to feel discouraged. But Feel like nothing is working

This thought led me to fall off plan this weekend. At a baby shower. I feel awful about it.
Before the cheat....were you exercising? That can cause a stall...not enough calories at your weight
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #3  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:

i had a .2 gain this past week as well. we couldn't figure out why, so we did the body composition testing and it turns out that i put on 1/3 of a pound of muscle. i lost fat as well, but i gained more muscle than fat lost. i couldn't quite understand why because i do not do any exercise, but my coach/nutritionist said that now that my fat to muscle ratio is a lot closer it's easier to put on muscle by just walking around and eating IP.

perhaps this is what is happening to you?
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Quote:

I know how much stalling sucks, but just think of it this way: It is physically impossible that the weight you are gaining is fat if you are following the plan. We just aren't eating enough calories, or the right types of food, to gain fat.
So, if anything, you may be retaining water for some reason, or even gaining some muscle. Have you been measuring at your WI's? Are you losing inches?

Try to hang in there. It is hard when it doesn't seem like it is doing anything and you are working so hard. But it will pay off, there is no way for you not to lose the weight if you follow the protocol. Shake off that cheat, drink tons of water, recommit to the plan, and keep going!! You will do great.

Last edited by Princess Jessica; 07-11-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:22 AM   #5  

Thank you all for your support. I have not been excersising at all and had myself measured last week i havent lost any inches either. I really dont know what is going on with me. And picking at the slightest thing such as am I eating something in my salad i shouldnt like raddishes makes me feel even more frustrated. Well i am committing to stay on track this week and hope to see some kind of a shift somewhere.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Before the cheat....were you exercising? That can cause a stall...not enough calories at your weight
Not excersising at all. Perhaps I should start. Maybe being too stagnant is causing this to happen
Old 07-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Thank you all for your support. I have not been excersising at all and had myself measured last week i havent lost any inches either. I really dont know what is going on with me. And picking at the slightest thing such as am I eating something in my salad i shouldnt like raddishes makes me feel even more frustrated. Well i am committing to stay on track this week and hope to see some kind of a shift somewhere.
Are you putting things in your salad you're not supposed to be eating? Follow the plan. Have faith in yourself. Are you monitoring your portions? Maybe you need an extra protein??? MORE WATER, yeah I know, makes me crazy sometimes too. Good luck for a better week.
petie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

You are getting down close to goal so it is harder. I am only second week into the IP program. I lost 6.2 lbs at fridays weigh-in, so I thought today is 4 days later I am going to sneek a peek at the scale, up 2 lbs. and no cheating, I feel this is way to soon in this journey for this crap. I am not happy at all. This program is too expensive to stall out in the second week, but I will see what happens when I weigh on friday... hmmmmmmmm
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #9  
wannabe thinner

S/C/G: 167/116/115

Height: 5'

Are you eating any restricted IP foods? If so try cutting them out. If not try eating one a day for a few days and then cut them out again. This was a little trick my coach said works, I haven't tried it yet.
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Regardless of what the coaches say, you don't gain muscle mass without resistance training. The body composition scales are just inaccurate. I fluctuate around 3% bf week to week. I consider this the same number...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #11  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I agree with WATKAT don't sneak in the scale time, it will only make you upset like you are now and get discouraged. Wait for the WI day and they you will be surprised when you have a loss!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

I need to stop weighing every day too. I normally weighed once a week on other diets but I thought tracking every day would help figure out ups and downs with TOM and such but that's not the case. I'm all over no matter what so I should just wait and see. (Then I won't know I lost 1.2 and then gained .4, I will just think I lost .8.) I let it affect my mood some days and that's no good. I need to just be happy with the fact that I'm staying on track and things will happen from there.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #13  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I need to stop weighing every day too. I normally weighed once a week on other diets but I thought tracking every day would help figure out ups and downs with TOM and such but that's not the case. I'm all over no matter what so I should just wait and see. (Then I won't know I lost 1.2 and then gained .4, I will just think I lost .8.) I let it affect my mood some days and that's no good. I need to just be happy with the fact that I'm staying on track and things will happen from there.
EXACTLY!! But, it is hard to do. We have to be strong!
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote