Old 07-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Default What About Working Out?

This sounds ridiculous but I very much enjoy working out. It's great for my stress and my mood. Will excercise negatively affect this diet? I am into Turbo Fire and I'd like to start my Chalean Extreme weight lifting program too. Just wondering if this will set me back? I understand with the huge calorie deficit that Turbo Fire might be too intense but I'm looking for clarification before I give up the idea of not doing an activity I enjoy so much.

Thanks!
Wrecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I have been working out since Day 1. I do Crossfit, so it is a pretty intense workout. I think if you were working out before IP, you can continue to do so. I would make sure that you supplement with a 4th packet immediately following your workout. Also, personally, I have found that the weeks I work out, I show better losses than those I don't. I know a lot of people say you shouldn't work out b/c that is what the protocol says, but do you seriously think the athletes that Dr. Tran developed this program for ever stopped working out? I don't think so.

I also think part of the reason that they say "no exercise" is because most people don't work out. And it is kind of like a "one step at a time" thing. You don't have to workout to lose weight on this program and that is appealing to most people. Just concentrate on eating better and losing weight.

For me, however, I started seriously working out 6 years ago and it is a part of my life. I workout 5-6 days a week and I told my coach right from the start that I WILL NOT stop. I worked so hard to make it a habit, for it to be something I looked forward to and craved, that I would never give it up. That is why I supplement with an extra packet. I also listen to my body and some days just do not the energy (especially in the beginning) so I scale back.

Like I said, exercise has enhanced my losses, not the other way around. But it might be different for everyone. I think you should give it a try for a couple of weeks and see what happens. I am also lossing mad inches, which I attribute to the workouts. You might find that instead of 3 pounds a week you lose 2, but if you are toned, then you will look so much better and the inches will really show. I am wearing clothes now that I had when I was 10 pounds lighter, and they are really getting lose. I truly believe that it is due to exercise.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #3  
sunshinedaydream1

S/C/G: 174/157/130

Height: 5'2"

I think you should listen to your own body. If you feel okay and have the energy then work out, if you don't then ease up the intensity. I have worked out off and on for years, and always thought I was fairly fit. I was 2 80 lb Labs everyday for 30-45 minutes and do yoga at least once a week. I had a hard time getting through a free weight toning type class since starting IP, so I've cut it out for a while. Definitely need to tone up though, so hopefully I'll be back in my routine soon!
sunshinedaydream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #4  
sunshinedaydream1

S/C/G: 174/157/130

Height: 5'2"

Oops, walking 2 80 lb Labs!
sunshinedaydream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #5  

Thanks Jenny! That's what I was hoping to hear! I've worked hard at it too and I really LOVE it! It makes me happier and I feel so much better moving my body! Gonna go for it!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/See Ticker/150

My first time on IP my coach told me NOT to exercise, so I didn't and felt horrible. This time I am exercising and although it is not intense, walking and swimming, I feel great. I have more energy and just feel more focused and committed to getting healthy in both body and mind.
AuzzieDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 139/124/125

Height: 5" 4"

I also excercise pretty intensely 6 days a week. I was told to cut the intensinty by half for the first few weeks. I did that and have lost 15 lbs in a month! I am now in phase 4 (as of today and haave returned to my regular workouts. Good luck!
fowegrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #8  

Fowegrel that is awesome! Congrats! Did you add an extra package with your workouts? Very exciting, I am glad I can return to my "other addiction"!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #9  

I was going to start running again Thurs because I will be starting week 4 but do you think I should just walk first and see what my weight does? I don't want to add another protein but I would maybe eat a little more meat. Would that work? Thanks!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I was going to start running again Thurs because I will be starting week 4 but do you think I should just walk first and see what my weight does? I don't want to add another protein but I would maybe eat a little more meat. Would that work? Thanks!
I would start running. You might find that you will do a walk/run thing for a while anyway while you build your endurance back up. Give it a go and see what happens. If you used to run before IP, I think you will find that it will help. I know exercise helps, not hinders, me.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #11  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

I was working out ALOT before starting Ip, I cut back because it felt better to moderate but also I did not have the same energy wthout all the carbs. I am back to running every other day, for an hour...feels better to do it than not do it.
I agree that I think it is a marketing strategy to tell clients "hey, you don't even have to exercise! and you will lose weight" as so many people are lazy with it.

If your body tells you to cut back just listen to it.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 132.5/116.2/120

Height: 5'5"

When my coach told me to not work out I think my face hit the floor because I work out 6 days a week! I told her there was no way I was gonna stop after 6 years of working out and getting to where I wanted to be with my workouts. I do 3 days of cardio and 3 days of weight training. She said to cut back the intensity and i did that for the first few weeks, but after that I just went back to what I was doing.

I was more tired and my muscles seemed to ache more and it was difficult to get through the classes being on the program, but I just couldn't stop and now I'm fine. I did have a hard boiled egg after each class to add some extra protein.
Susank2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #13  

the diet says not to do any strenuous work out because you don't intake much calories...in his book, dr tien did say to do some type of exercises...i do plyometric & kenpo...you should continue to workout and stop if you feel tire...
nblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susank2 View Post
When my coach told me to not work out I think my face hit the floor because I work out 6 days a week! I told her there was no way I was gonna stop after 6 years of working out and getting to where I wanted to be with my workouts. I do 3 days of cardio and 3 days of weight training. She said to cut back the intensity and i did that for the first few weeks, but after that I just went back to what I was doing.

I was more tired and my muscles seemed to ache more and it was difficult to get through the classes being on the program, but I just couldn't stop and now I'm fine. I did have a hard boiled egg after each class to add some extra protein.
Same with me. The first 3 weeks my energy levels were way down and I cut just scaled back and did what I could. Now that I am just about done with week 6, my energy levels are ABOVE what they were before IP. My workouts have been amazing in the last week or so.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #15  

How long have you been on IP Jenny?