Old 07-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 207/169/163

Height: 5 ft 9 in

My favorite snack to prevent evening snacking is to make a IP Vanilla Protein pack and put cinnamon in it. To me, it tastes like you are almost eating frosting.

Crushed ice with a sprinkling of Crystal Light is great too.
SisterPotsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Many nights when I am drinking water and more water..that is what keeps me going, I will wake up much happier!
I have a personal question...Since giving birth to 2 children (who are now 22 and 25) I would be waking up to go to bathroom if a drank a lot of water at night...It's also a problem for me when traveling, etc. too. I was just in Spain for 10 day vacation. Got to the beach in Barcelona and I had a very difficult time finding a restroom. Does anyone else have this problem? I try to get the bulk of my water in before 5 p.m. at home. That reminds me - better go drink some more!

Last edited by deelee10; 07-12-2011 at 06:48 PM.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
YES me!!

I started in March and was extremely motivated and had no need to cheat. If I red this question a few months ago, I would have said what the other posters have said. Now that I have fallen off the wagon I am in a different frame of mind.

I am aware of my loss,and very proud of it, but at the same time I can't seem to stop myself from cheating. I wake up everyday and say "today I will be 100% OP" then around 8pm I seem to cave. My wedding is on July 23 and I am under A LOT of stress right now, so I know this is part of the reason I am cheating. I am not making excuses for myself, I know I have to kick myself in the butt to keep motivated, but it is very hard.

For those of you who have not cheated DONT!! It was SO much easier to follow before my first cheat.

so far today has been good, let's hope it continues.
I'm so right there with you. Night time has always been my worst time. those bedtime snacks.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #19  
Started IP 07/05/2011

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 5"

YES...I have the horrible urge to cheat almost everyday. I work in an office where lunch is ordered in almost everyday. There's always donuts, muffins, cookies in the kitchen/coffee area that I have to walk past to get a refill.

Even though I'm only one week in I've found it almost impossible to be 100% OP. Summer BBQs and the temptation of cold beer are killing me. I have found that planning is extremely important. I carry pickles, veggies and extra protein packs everywhere I go. I have read in a few posts that an extra protein pack now and again will most likely be way healthier than any of the cheats I consider.

It's way easier to NEVER cheat than to do it once and try to keep from doing it again. I keep telling myself that same thing that someone posted earlier...nothing tastes as good as skinny feels
CuteNcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterPotsy View Post
My favorite snack to prevent evening snacking is to make a IP Vanilla Protein pack and put cinnamon in it. To me, it tastes like you are almost eating frosting.

Crushed ice with a sprinkling of Crystal Light is great too.
Sounds great. I love frosting! I'm going to try it tonight.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda (Star Wars)

You have to remind yourself that this is not a permanent situation: it is a temporary diet with a beginnning, a middle and an end. If you cheat, you mess with the process and your body. It is not good for you to keep going in and out of ketosis like that as it can stress your organs. Get in, get er' done and get out!

If your goal is too great, maybe consider reducing your goal and doing this in phases. Decide how many pounds you want to lose, do it, maintain it for a few months and then, go back for more when you are ready.

I liked to keep an "IP emergency kit" on hand with WF Italian salad dressing, vitamins, white vinegar (in case I run out of dressing), a protein bar and some Stevia packets. In fact, I am in maintenance and I still carry it around with me (and use it)! Ridges are not a bad idea to also bring along when you go out. Depending what people are eating that tempts you, you can have a bar or ridges instead.

I have also started carrying a sample-sized bottle of mouthwash in my purse. After a meal, excuse yourself, go to the bathroom and rinse your mouth with mouthwash. You won't want to eat any more and you won't want dessert after that!

A coffee or a tea instead of a snack/dessert can keep you occupied (and somewhat satisfied) while others eat as well.

You have to focus on what you really want!

Good luck to you! You can do this!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 07-12-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote