Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #1  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Default Anyone else having a hard time staying on plan during weekend?

Weekends are always so much harder for me but this past weekend I completely blow it. I should be in the 220s today but over the weekend I ate so many things I shouldnt have ate. I know that Im always on this site telling others to get back up and keep moving but I feel so bad I feel like weekends such as the one I just had will MAKE OR BREAK me! I NEED to get to goal by next summer and its very possible I am just having a moment. Any tips words of encouragement would be great!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #2  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Im horrible for this, I eat better, drink more water durring the week, and I think it's because I'm at work and I have to plan out my day better. I can't 'wing' it like I figure I can on the weekends . . . . so I've decided to 'pack' my lunches and snacks like I do durring the week, keep my water bottle filled and plan my dinners as I would durring the week.
I don't know how well that will work, but that's my plan

Good luck to you
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

First of all, congrats on your 18 pound weight loss. That's great, so you are obviously doing a lot of things right.

I have trouble on the weekends also. There are several things I do to try to keep things in moderation otherwise what's the point of withholding calories all week just to eat everything back on the weekend. One thing I do is write down and calorie count everything I eat. I think long and hard before I eat something like cake with frosting because I know just how much it is going to set me back. I also refrain from alcohol as much as possible. Again, unless you can stop at one it is just way too many calories. I also make myself get up early for an exercise class on Saturday which pretty much rules out drinking on Friday night. Another thing I do is "officially" weigh myself on Sunday that way I don't try to trick myself with any nonsense thinking such as "It's okay, I have all week to make it up before my official weigh in." Whatever I consume on Friday and Saturday is certainly going to impact what I consider my official weigh in for the week.

I don't know if any of that is helpful but hang in there. You are losing weight so just don't give up.

Last edited by TERAPET; 08-23-2010 at 02:57 PM.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #4  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Weekends used to be a problem for me but now i psych myself up for them.I know they are coming so i plan.like someone said count everything you put in your mouth.

I want to lose weight too bad to let friends,partying and having fun mess up all the hard work I've done.(that's what got me in the shape I'm in now)

You can eat or drink what ever you want.Just remember to ask yourself"Is it worth it"..I'm a big believer in never telling myself that i can't have certain foods,I say i can have anything i want.I just don't want "that" as much as i want to have the trouble it's going to give me.

You're doing great.the weekend is what only 3 days..try building up your mental toughness before you go out.learn to focus on what people are doing,talking,dancing,etc..instead of the food so much.

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-23-2010 at 03:42 PM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnaMi View Post
Weekends used to be a problem for me but now i psych myself up for them.I know they are coming so i plan.like someone said count everything you put in your mouth.
I want to lose weight too bad to let friends,partying and having fun mess up all the hard work I've done.(that's what got me in the shape I'm in now)You have to ask yourself..I want it but do i want all the trouble that it's going to give me later.
You're doing great.the weekend is what only 3 days..try building up your mental toughness before you go out.learn to focus on what people are doing,talking,dancing,etc..instead of the food so much.
Ona and I must be weight loss twins, because this is EXACTLY how I felt during the losing portion of my healthy lifestyle. I wanted to lose weight WAYYYY more than I wanted to blow it. I knew that every day I blew it would be another COUPLE days of being fat. I had partied and indulged my way up to over 300 pounds.

A person doesn't get morbidly obese by denying themselves of anything...ya know. I stayed on track over the weekends because I knew that once I reached my goal I could start adding in treats and goodies occasionally. I knew that once the weight was lifted I could work out a maintaince plan that was livable for me...but I didn't want it to go on forever until I got there. I just talked about this on another thread, but more than anything I didn't want to buy a bunch of transition clothes. The longer it takes to go down in sizes the more clothes you need to buy in a size you don't want to stay at, especially if you have a full time job and/or school. I guess I stayed on plan over the weekends because I'm cheap!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/130/125

Height: 5'4" 42 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondocks View Post
Im horrible for this, I eat better, drink more water durring the week, and I think it's because I'm at work and I have to plan out my day better.
Same here…I gain and lose the same 4 pounds for the last 3 weeks. Gain over Fri – Sun, then lose it from Mon – Thu.

My problem is, my husband and I , we love to coke together and usually it is with glass of wine and nice music …I mean I am not gonna pull calculator and food scale during that time! I have no idea how many cal I eat during my weekend's dinners

Any ways, I have decided that I will add 30 minutes running on Fri, Sat and Sun and hopefully it will help me do not gain during weekend. Sorry, don’t really have an advice, just letting you know that I am with you on that issue.
onthedietagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #7  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I just had a bad weekend, but it had been quite a while since my last "bad" weekend. I found that trial and error has been my thing. I tried a few things to come up with things that work. I have cut back on alcohol. That has been a huge thing for me - realizing that I don't have to have some drinks JUST BECAUSE it is a weekend night was HUGE for me.

Having a plan for the weekend. Not only for what to eat, but also when and what I plan to do for exercise (even if I plan a rest day). And I do plan a little extra for the weekends. If I am going somewhere and I want dessert, then I try to cut out a few things earlier in the day.

AND I tell myself a lot that enjoy time with family and friends does not mean I need to stuff my face. I can enjoy the company of others while still eating normally.

I just keep practicing.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:47 PM   #8  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Weekends are definitely harder for me, I really have to focus, focus, focus in order control food creep. So much of the weekend's entertainments seem to involve food/drink, and I'm trying very hard to retrain my brain that I can have fun without the extra calories. It's a hard habit to break, that's for sure!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #9  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I agree that I should plan more on weekends. I have to calm down on going out with friends because its veryhard forme not to eat after. Im def going to try to stick to my plan!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm really good during the week. Friday is my cheat day or actually I raise my calories to maintenance. The rest of the weekend I either drop my calories back to normal or raise it a bit or eat let less to allow for a good meal.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #11  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I get derailed by weekends also. Probably due to the lack of a schedule. So I don't go to the gym and I eat like crap. I do so much better on work days because they are scheduled. I know I'm getting up at 6:30, stretching, saying my prayers, shower, eat breakfast (healthy), go to work, eat lunch (healthy), go to the gym (right after work, no excuses) and then go home and have a healthy dinner. Go to bed. Repeat.

Weekends- not so much. Weekends involve staying up late, sleeping in late, skipping breakfast, starving so I have McDonalds, don't bother stretching, I'll go to the gym later (which NEVER happens), etc.

I guess for me the answer would be to stick to a schedule on weekends, but that is easier said than done.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #12  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

Yes. In the weekend for some reasons ALL I do are eating and sleeping @@"
And it's summer vacation for me at the moment so everyday is like weekend. URGH.
There's 4 more days until vacation ends and hopefully I'll be able to stick to schedule.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote