Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #31  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

minewgoal, pxlkitty;susiebee;ash;TWoww;

You are all an inspiration to the rest of us, I get excited when I hear your news and think to myself that I am slowly inching my way to my goal and I can't wait. When is anough? I guess we won't know until we get there. People who ask me think my goal weight is way too low, but I look and see my rolls yet that they don't see. I see a slimmer me and it is fun trying on new clothing, though that is always an adventure as I don't know what sizes yet as when I was big it was xxl or xl and thats it... trying on things now I grab s,m l and some xl and pant anywhere from 13 - 9 so as I don't like trying things on it is a little frustrating but I am getting use to it as I know it won't be forever and to just chill until I am where I want to be...
pxlkitty - that dress looks amazing you will rock that thing for sure.
Minewgoal - congrats on the 160s hopefully soon I will be there too.
AND EVERYONE ELSE Great JOB, Keep up the good work.

Everyone celebrating the long weekend in both Canada and US. Enjoy the company and the holiday. I am going to celebrate like I usually do, walk my dogs, have a small bbq and hope the fireworks don't scare my old dog too much... might have to hide out in the basement during them.
Have a great week everyone.
WI #19 or 20 can't remember today... Don't think I had a good week, Saturday my stomach has been doing summersolts since eating the pudding cakes I made. It is now Monday and still doing them... but I will live and may not be able to have them but I have lots of other things I can have. I have become addicted to BBQ kale chips... very bad, tried zucchini chips okay but not kale...
Old 06-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #32  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good morning all,

Well....Got an email from Nashua today saying that my shipment is in Canada and was attempted to be delivered June 22nd...Of course..they arent 100% sure if it was attempted because they dont have any more information than that....So somewhere out there beneath the same blue sky..my product is waiting for me..or im waiting for it..However, im still waiting to hear back from proteinwell and newlifestyles cause i ordered from there too..and im hoping to hear soon..Cause it says it was "shipped"...so hopefully its ended up in Canada too..and as for proteinwell..im not sure that im ever going to order from them again..im having better luck with getting answers from nashua then i am from proteinwell..

So i feel hopeful now that my weight loss journey will start very very soon..
I wil continue to read on about your successes and stay encouraged as i wait..

To everyone on IP...Have a great day!! and happy losing!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Its been almost 3 weeks for me and I'm starting to get tired of the same foods, but still excited and have done really well not giving in to cheats at all since I started. I am looking forward to this weekend, going to a July 4th party with someone that has a HUGE veggie garden and gave us tons of Zucchini and stuff last year, plus she always has MD Crabs!!!! Oh yum!!!!! Cant wait to dig into those!!! Everyone have a WONDERFUL Monday!!!!!

We CAN do this!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

So, I have not weighed in on ANY scale since last Thursday. I knew it would be hard not knowing but man I'm feeling a little lost not knowing. I'll probably continue to try not to weigh in thou because I think it's MORE hard to know especially because I get so down on myself. At least this way I'm not beating myself up.

I even dreamed about weighing myself this past weekend HAHAHA!

I had a good weekend, IP wise. I'm trying hard to only have restricted every two days. It didn't work out for me to go the whole week, I like to have something nice for the movies. Right now, the chocolate pudding with mint extract is working for me as a replacement. Y-U-M!!

Hope everyone has a lighter day!

Carla
Old 06-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #35  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good morning all,

Well....Got an email from Nashua today saying that my shipment is in Canada and was attempted to be delivered June 22nd...Of course..they arent 100% sure if it was attempted because they dont have any more information than that....So somewhere out there beneath the same blue sky..my product is waiting for me..or im waiting for it..However, im still waiting to hear back from proteinwell and newlifestyles cause i ordered from there too..and im hoping to hear soon..Cause it says it was "shipped"...so hopefully its ended up in Canada too..and as for proteinwell..im not sure that im ever going to order from them again..im having better luck with getting answers from nashua then i am from proteinwell..

So i feel hopeful now that my weight loss journey will start very very soon..
I wil continue to read on about your successes and stay encouraged as i wait..

To everyone on IP...Have a great day!! and happy losing!
You're lucky yours is in Canada. I saw that the strike was supposed to be ending this week, so I placed a Nashua order on Saturday. This morning they wrote to me to say that USPS won't be picking up deliveries to Canada until next week. I'm scouring the pantry for packets that may have gotten lost in the far corners. I feel like a junkie
Old 06-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #36  
Porthardygurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
You're lucky yours is in Canada. I saw that the strike was supposed to be ending this week, so I placed a Nashua order on Saturday. This morning they wrote to me to say that USPS won't be picking up deliveries to Canada until next week. I'm scouring the pantry for packets that may have gotten lost in the far corners. I feel like a junkie
Yes i suppose i should feel lucky..except for the fact that i havent been waiting for probably about 2 and a bit weeks so far for something to come..and just because its in Canada..dosnt mean its close by..and the stupid thing is that i cant remember if i expadited it so it would get here faster..I felt like i was going to pull my hair out!!! Im still stressin up the wazoo about proteinwell..I put an order in using paypal this time and i see a deduction in money in my bank account cause i linked my bank account to paypal and so the money is gone but it still says "payment review" next to my order when i view it online..and of course no one has answered my email when i have asked "what that means"...So im just sitting here waiting for something to happen...wondering "am i going to get my shipment??? am i not? if not..then where did my money go??? ".. The stress of waiting i tell ya..and Newlifestyles..im going to have to call them cause i have no idea where they are at with my other shipment..and low carb grocery..says i have to wait for longer..aka..probably till next week...

Im sorry...about the whole feeling like a junkie bit ...i cant imagine how i would feel being on the diet and then having to wait..
Old 06-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #37  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone! Had a great weekend staying OP. But I'm still looking for answers. Nobody seems to want to answer my question. I've asked this question twice in different threads but nobody seems to want to answer me. So I'll try again.

I work shift work, going back to nights starting tonight. I work 12 hours, so 7:30pm to 7:30am. I'm up all day today and work tonight, sleep tomorrow during the day and then work again tuesday night. Then I'll sleep wednesday during the day and then off for a couple of days, so I'll be up during the day and back to sleeping at night. Then friday I start working nights again for 3 nights. I do this for 2 weeks then I go back to day shift. My question is how should I be eating. I'm up all day today and up all night. I can't over due it but then I can starve myself.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #38  
Porthardygurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Hello everyone! Had a great weekend staying OP. But I'm still looking for answers. Nobody seems to want to answer my question. I've asked this question twice in different threads but nobody seems to want to answer me. So I'll try again.

I work shift work, going back to nights starting tonight. I work 12 hours, so 7:30pm to 7:30am. I'm up all day today and work tonight, sleep tomorrow during the day and then work again tuesday night. Then I'll sleep wednesday during the day and then off for a couple of days, so I'll be up during the day and back to sleeping at night. Then friday I start working nights again for 3 nights. I do this for 2 weeks then I go back to day shift. My question is how should I be eating. I'm up all day today and up all night. I can't over due it but then I can starve myself.

Any suggestions?

Hey Joe.. i hear ya...My mom works those horrid shifts too...Its difficult on the body thats for sure..I guess just spread things out all day and all night? Mybe try splitting up all your packets?? so do half packets throughout the day and night? and then add in other things like egg whites and dill pickles and lettuce??? Im thinking that hardboiled egg whites would do wonders for you during work..along with a salad... in the evening..and then save a packet for the early early morning ...something thats easy to tolerate and spread your protein portions out during the daytime..some for lunch some for dinner...along with veggies..and do a packet at breaky and a packet at lunch?
Old 06-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:

Any suggestions?

Hey Joanne,

I'm not a shift worker so this one is a tough one for me. Could you not just add in another packet. One of the lower carb ones? Half way through your extra long awake days? I find my weekends tough sometimes to get through as I am not on a schedule and can't easily ignore my hunger I usually just have another 'salad' (but really....it's just the lettuce (no veggies) with my home made dressing). You could try the non veggie salad that and an egg??? Make sure you have a jar of pickles while you're on shift, that may help you.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #40  
Porthardygurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Hey Joe.. i hear ya...My mom works those horrid shifts too...Its difficult on the body thats for sure..I guess just spread things out all day and all night? Mybe try splitting up all your packets?? so do half packets throughout the day and night? and then add in other things like egg whites and dill pickles and lettuce??? Im thinking that hardboiled egg whites would do wonders for you during work..along with a salad... in the evening..and then save a packet for the early early morning ...something thats easy to tolerate and spread your protein portions out during the daytime..some for lunch some for dinner...along with veggies..and do a packet at breaky and a packet at lunch?

Okay that sounds confusing..let me simplify..

Morning: Do 1/2 packet w/ egg whites

Lunch: Do 1/2 packet w/salad(2 cups) and unlmitted lettuce..add in 1/2 serving of protein aka: 3.5 ounces of meat..

Dinner: 1/2 packet w/salad(2 cups) and unlimmited lettuce..add in 1/2 serving of protein aka: 3.5 ounces of meat..

Night time work snack: 1/2 packet w/ 2 egg whites

Night time work 1hour break: 1 packet...

This should get you through to the morning..and then in the morning..start over again..having 1 packet..like you normally would for a typical day time schedule...Keep some dill pickles handy though just in case the first time is hard and drink extra water..
Old 06-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #41  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
TrishN- Congrats on losing 10% in 7 weeks..That's awesome !

Pxlkitty- You should post a link to your new awesome black dress

I think the hardest thing for me is...Even as I lose the weight, I honestly can't be happy till after I get at least a tummy tuck, and probably arms. I am 3 pounds away from losing 100 pounds in a year and a half. I have a lot of excess skin in the middle..and it's hard to look past it. Ahh the abuse I've put my skin through after being overweight all my life.

I don't feel a need to be "skinny". I want to be healthy, and curvy. Basically I want to be comfortable in my own skin. When I started this journey I really wanted to be a size 6. The past two pairs of shorts/capri's that I bought are size 8. So..I'm closing in on that 6 goal. I'm trying to not focus on a number on the scale, but the fit of clothes.

I agree with Pxlkitty..I think it's a slippery slope to become more and more obsessed with food and how we view ourselves. It's really hard to look in the mirror and see who I am now. I look at my problem areas (and yeah, I've come to terms that they aren't going away) and it makes it hard to be happy.

One thing I can say is...I'm proud of me! I've come a long way, and I feel a whole lot better about myself. I have more energy, and a better outlook on life in general.

Have a great week everyone.
We are proud of you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheekers View Post
I am finally under 200lbs...198.6 at 4 week weigh in.
Congratulations that is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
So, I have not weighed in on ANY scale since last Thursday. I knew it would be hard not knowing but man I'm feeling a little lost not knowing. I'll probably continue to try not to weigh in thou because I think it's MORE hard to know especially because I get so down on myself. At least this way I'm not beating myself up.

I even dreamed about weighing myself this past weekend HAHAHA!

I had a good weekend, IP wise. I'm trying hard to only have restricted every two days. It didn't work out for me to go the whole week, I like to have something nice for the movies. Right now, the chocolate pudding with mint extract is working for me as a replacement. Y-U-M!!

Hope everyone has a lighter day!

Carla
That is great Carla you can do it... I love the pudding just a little frozen, or in a popsicle... like a fudgicle...

Quote:

Any suggestions?
Jo, I haven't worked nights for a long time. but if it was me. Today I would have my at least 1 packet and then have two meals of salad. Then on nights I would have something around 9:00 pm and then again 4 hours later and then a snack and then when you get home have your dinner(or if you want breakfast). then do the same tuesday night. Just try to figure out when you are going to be the most hungry and have your protein at that time. Hope that helps a litte.

PortHardy - well seems to me you posted that you ordered from all of these companies during the postal strike. So even though it says it is in Canada don't expect it soon. They are still on Strike until tomorrow and knowing the Unions if the negotiations aren't going well they will probably do a slow down of work. So even though they will be back it may be sometime to clear the backlog and get things going again. Sorry but that is how it is.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #42  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

ToRide... I see 4 pounds this week that's awesome.
You are catching up quick
Old 06-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

I've noticed today that I keep having to pull my pants up! They are an adjustable waistband pant from Lane Bryant, and I have them on the tightest button. They are hanging on my hips, and the seat is saggy!! Who knew I would be so happy to see a saggy rear end in the mirror?!
I think it is about time to start shopping!!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'6'

Is tilapia an ok fish?
Old 06-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 232/ip 219/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on all the good news everyone!!!

This weekend was...strange. And rough.

One of my closest friends lost her mother to lung cancer on Friday morning. I spent Thursday night through Sunday morning with her and her family. This was a BIG challenge for staying OP. Honestly, I didn't. I still managed to get all of my IP meals in, but didn't have much in the way of veggies. I know I may have a price to pay for that as I get back OP this week.

On Thursday evening I weighed almost 196 (damn water weight!) and on Sunday morning I weighed 187. I was pretty darn shocked! I knew I hadn't eaten everything I should according to the plan, but I did give it a lot of effort! This morning I was still 187. That brings me to a cumulative 45 pound loss. I'm absolutely amazed. So long fatness!!!!

The funeral is Thursday and I'm expecting my eating habits to be similar to the weekend on that day--protein meals, but light on the veggies. Luckily I felt fine all weekend and made a point to get in all of my vitamins, so at least that!!!

I also wanted to add that I am feeling REALLY great about my body. My clothes look awesome, I feel like I look pretty in the mirror, and I'm just generally happy about how I look. I'm so excited about that!

Last edited by drkari; 06-27-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: addition
Closed Thread