Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Tuesday, June 21

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:Daily Chat Monday June 20
Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Summer solstice: Happy summer everyone!

Welcome to all the newbies and congrats to all who have been having NSVs and SVs!

to those who need it!

Let the sunshine in!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-21-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Summer Solstice! Enjoy the extra daylight today!

I've been laying low- keeping my grumpiness to myself the past few days. I'm feeling much improved- though the scale is up 2 lbs this morning. (annoyed) I know it will go away soon enough but my WI tomorrow will be sorrowful.

I've been feeling so much better since losing weight that I feel ready to start running and lifting weights again. I've been reading and re-reading the exercise thread for insight. It's time to get some muscle tone into the old body before I turn into a shar pei.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!
Last night WI #2 got me to 9.5 lbs lost. Feeling pretty good, and it could be my imagination, but I think my skirt is fitting looser today.
Having fun killing time today by reading old posts and learning as much as possible.

Travling this weekend with Firends on IP. Two have agreed to cheat for the weekend to enjoy themselves. What should I do??? I kinda want to drink with them and they have a special breakfast planned too. Anyone have any thoughts on how I can still be the life of the party on IP?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel83 View Post
Good morning!
Last night WI #2 got me to 9.5 lbs lost. Feeling pretty good, and it could be my imagination, but I think my skirt is fitting looser today.
Having fun killing time today by reading old posts and learning as much as possible.

Travling this weekend with Firends on IP. Two have agreed to cheat for the weekend to enjoy themselves. What should I do??? I kinda want to drink with them and they have a special breakfast planned too. Anyone have any thoughts on how I can still be the life of the party on IP?
I hate to say it but this really is a no-cheat diet. If you cheat, you will be setting yourself back. Also, it is hard o the body to go in an out of ketosis over and over.

Diet soda is against the protocol but probably won't do too much damage if you have that as a special treat during cocktails. As for breakfast, try to stay OP. There will be other weekends, other parties, other cocktails where you will enjoy yourself and they will be even sweeter because it will be guilt free and in the body you've always dreamed of!

"Don't sacrifice what you really want for what you want right now".

Good luck to you!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-21-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #6  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. I find myself back here on the daily chat after taking a break from IP in December. I need to finish this journey and finally reach my goal.

Those that are considering taking a break, or a planned cheat, my only advice is not to. It just isn't worth it. It started a downhill slide with me. Oh how I wish I never would of wandered from protocol. If we cheat once, somehow we end up justifying it again, and again. I am having so much trouble getting back on plan. I do well for three days and then have a slip. I think of where I could be if I would of stayed on plan in December.

I remember reading the advice of others last winter not to take a break and thought to myself, oh it won't hurt me. Well, I was wrong. I still have 16 pounds to lose and man is it tough going starting again. When I first started, not one off program bite of food went into my mouth. It got so easy to be loyal. Friends would stop over for cocktails but I would sip my powerade Zero. Got to be that I didn't even notice I was not having an alcoholic beverage.

If I can help anyone stay the course, I am here to help. Help me stay the course too please I am so tired of thinking of my weight every single moment. Soon again, (I hope) it will become a natural way of eating by staying on program. Those extra bites of cheat foods are not worth it in the end. Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin feels. Welcome to all the newbies too! Looking forward to chatting on this site again. Everyone have a great IP day.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Good morning!

Well that puts you between a rock and a hard place. Cheat with them or make them feel guilty by sticking to it while they cheat. Personally, it's their choice to cheat, but don't let them give you permission to cheat.

Stick to it perfectly before you do any 'planned' cheats. Lord knows I haven't been perfect but any mistakes I did make were small "oops, shouldn't eat tomatoes that much" and were mistakes not planned. I'd be scared to have a planned cheat so early on in your protocol. I'm two months in and I'm still scared just yet to have any planned cheats.

Give the protocol a good shot, get used to not having those food (don't cheat!). I'd hate to go through the withdrawl of it all over and over. It can't be good for your body either.

Good Luck!

Carla
Old 06-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #8  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Good morning!

I agree with advice from Susie_Bee and iowahawkeyemom!!

and....here's what happened to ME!!!

Ok...so it's the summer....and I initially thought to myself..."I only have about 20 pounds to go, I can cheat every couple of weeks....it'll just take a little bit longer to lose the weight". Sounds good right????

This past weekend I cheated. We got together with our best friends/neighbors and had quite a few cocktails. Then the husbands took my DD16 out to a fair and came home with junk! I had food I shouldn't have had!!

That was Saturday nite. Keep in mind on Saturday morning I weighed 182.5.
Sunday morning I went to the gym and did 45 min of cardio (and of course back on plan). When I weighed myself I weighed 184.5. OK...so weigh in is on Monday and I thought..."only 2 pounds....I can deal with that....I'll probably lose it by Monday".

NOT!! Monday morning I weighed 187!!!! WHAT???? At least I was prepared for my official weigh in later that morning (I usually weigh the same at home as well at at my clinic). My coach is totally cool with how "life" happens and reminded me it WILL come off, but that it's important to stay on protocol until you're done losing all your weight!!

Hubby and I were discussing just this morning (he has gained from the weekend as well - but as of today is back to what he weighed on Saturday - men)....we have decided it's JUST NOT WORTH CHEATING!!! Today I weigh 184.5. I could have probably been in the 170's by the end of this week.....NOT ANY MORE! We are now committed to staying on plan until we reach our goals! When we are at goal, THEN we can plan a cheat and go back on plan to lose those extra few pounds those days following the cheat.

I know it's sooooo hard to not give in when you have friends that are already planning on cheating. Try to stay strong.....you will be happy when you see the scale still going down instead of going UP!! Best wishes!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. I had my 3rd weigh in this morning. According to their scale, I was down 5 lbs for a total of 11 lbs lost. I can definitely handle that!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #10  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I'm checking in after being on vacation and bouncing between Phase 1/Phase 2 since last Wednesday. I did take it easy a little and a few tiny cheats here and there, but nothing huge.

Stepped on the scale this morning and am happy to report that I weighed in at 163.0, wearing my nightgown. I am very happy, and determined to head back to strict Phase 1 today and get these last 12.5 lbs done...

I will be trying to catch up on the threads over the next few days, but I'm diving into the deep end at work so it might take me a while.

Congrats to everyone who is doing well... and "hang in there" to those who are struggling. I don't WI until Thursday this week, so I won't be able to update any of the challenge spreadsheets until then. My normal WI is Monday, so the last two weeks have been crazy.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #11  

Height: 5'3"

Does anyone know if its a big deal if I switch my evening snack to the afternoon?
Old 06-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement. I def appreciate everyones stories. It makes me feel like cheating is not worth it. Let's hope I can stay OP. I am staying with a friend that is NOT cheating so she promised to be strong with me!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #13  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
Does anyone know if its a big deal if I switch my evening snack to the afternoon?
I have been told that we need to have a protein before we go to bed. I usually eat some pickles to get me thru the afternoon. Especially when I get home from work and fixing dinner. It helps me keep from eating off program and it counts towards your vegetables. It might help get you through to your meal time.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I'm checking in after being on vacation and bouncing between Phase 1/Phase 2 since last Wednesday. I did take it easy a little and a few tiny cheats here and there, but nothing huge.

Stepped on the scale this morning and am happy to report that I weighed in at 163.0, wearing my nightgown. I am very happy, and determined to head back to strict Phase 1 today and get these last 12.5 lbs done...

I will be trying to catch up on the threads over the next few days, but I'm diving into the deep end at work so it might take me a while.

Congrats to everyone who is doing well... and "hang in there" to those who are struggling. I don't WI until Thursday this week, so I won't be able to update any of the challenge spreadsheets until then. My normal WI is Monday, so the last two weeks have been crazy.
Woah! Way to go! You are so very close!!! I am so happy for you!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Had a great NSV this weekend. We took dh shopping on Sunday for Father's Day and then I got him to stop at Dress Barn for me. I tried on a couple of things and had to keep going back and getting a smaller size skirt. Ended up getting a size 10 denim skirt. Wow - it has been 20 years since anything close to a size 10 has fit on my body!! I also noticed this past week that the size Large t-shirts that I have been wearing are getting loose. Might be time for a Medium!! Now I am wishing I hadn't thrown out all my college clothes. Never thought I would be able to fit into any of them again. Wow - I love IP!!!
Closed Thread