Old 06-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #46  

Thanks think thin!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #47  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Just a question.....
Is missing the salad once and a while a bad thing if your still getting in all the veggies???? I'm just kind of getting sick of they ol' salad twice a day.
The first week I ate the salad but since than it is rare that I eat salad. First being that I can't stand lettuce and second some days I have a hard time eating the pack and required veggies.

My understanding is that the salad is optional but I could be wrong?!?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Just a question.....
Is missing the salad once and a while a bad thing if your still getting in all the veggies???? I'm just kind of getting sick of they ol' salad twice a day.
I've missed a few along the way and it hasn't made much difference in my weight loss. It's mostly been when I'm travelling and have only cut up veggies that I can eat without a fork. Only problem I have is that I'm not as 'regular' in the bathroom department (if you know what I mean????).

On another note, I think I have a serious addiction to cucumbers. I want to eat them all the time!!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #49  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Well Good Afternoon everyone!! And its a grey overcast very humid 16 degrees celcius out here.. I cant stop sweating..One trip to the bank and im sweating buckets! Ewww..sticky!

Anywho..glad to hear everyone is having success! Good job!... I, myself have had a bit of success..Okay..so call me a scale-horror(to be polite) ..I weigh myself every day and today weighed myself as it is the beginning of day 2 and i was down almost 3 pounds..granted its probably water weight im guessing..Still exciting though.. Makes me feel like the first hard day was worth it..Well..now its day 2..suprisingly..my cravings are not there.. My whey shake(alternative)...tasted not half as bad as it did yesterday and my water consumption has gone up.. i suppose from the hot weather.. Im looking forward to trying the cauliflour fried rice with chicken and green onions!!! mmmm!..I never understood why people said take your sea salt..but oh man.. did i ever have a headache after work last night..(skipped the sea salt) ...So tday.. i will remember..

Im also excited..Get to order new stuff from New Lifestyles and Protein Well..going to try some flavor drops from Cappelie for my water..i heard they taste good..so wil try it as an alternative to plain water!..

Well..thats all for now! Have a great day!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Congratulations!! 20 lbs in 4 weeks is great!

Our initial stats are similar, and I've been dreaming of being able to lose 20 lbs in 4 weeks, now I know it's possible! I know everyone is different, but still it gives me hope

One question, if you don't mind, have you been exercising?
Thanks for the "cheer"! I haven't been exercising except for walking and I play ball a couple of times a week. I have been staying on program, without cheating for the last 4 weeks. I've also been drinking about double the water required with a bit of lemon. Hope that helps! Good luck! You can do it!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #51  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Congrats to everyone and their SVs and NSVs. Big to all you newbies. Everyone stop and enjoy getting thin, it is so worth it. It is so fun to shock people that haven't seen you in a while. Makes it all worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I had two extra bars last night. Sad day. I'm so close to the 150's, 3lbs away this morning. I think I'm a little scared! Silly I know. So today I won't have a restricted to help balance things out a bit. I'm feeling better overall about IP though! I just realized last night that the last 5lbs I lost a size! I was a 12 two weeks ago and 5lbs later I'm a 10. I guess during my slow weight loss I was losing inches. I don't measure myself as it's kind of hard to be accurate.

I'm going to the DR today since I dropped a frying pan on my foot last week and it's not much better yet.

Congrats everyone on their NSV's and SV's!
April, sounds like you are a little scared, but that is okay, I think we all are a little scared. Do your best, you know you can do it, throw those bars out and have other restricted/non restricted items in their place. I am finding I am down a size as well on my weeks when I don't lose a lot. Keep going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempy22 View Post
FINALLY did it! 25lbs lost...woo hoo. AND finally into the 170's (179.4). Haven't been out of the 180s in about 5 years!
Welcome back haven't seen you in a while. I have joined you in the 170s and isn't it great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Very happy for you. I really wish I had known about this 10 years ago. All that time wasted worrying about how fat I was!!! Oh well...now I love how I feel and look.

Suise B looking good!!!
Look at you guys in your nice swimsuits. I feel the same way why wasn't this around 10 years ago, I could have been a younger hottie...

Quote:
Just a question.....
I don't eat salad on a regular basis, sometimes only if I am especially hungry. I have tried lettuce wraps now and they are great... try them instead of a salad.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

I have an appointment at a clinic to start the IP diet. Im a little concerned about the side effects. Mainly the "diminished mental capacitiy" I've been reading about. and the loss of energy. I can't afford not to be on my toes at work. Anyone experiencing this and can you tell me how it has affected you?
Old 06-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

what is SV and NSV?
Old 06-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Weighed in today and I only lost 1.4 lbs and was kind of bummed. I know it's 10 lbs in two weeks but still hard to swallow for some reason. I'm hoping it's because I've had a nasty cold all week and maybe I'm retaining water or something. I know I didn't cheat so the weight will come off at some point I figure!

Happy summer solstice everyone!
It's still a loss Jordanna Although I know it's tough - I'm expecting a tough one tomorrow and will probably need a peptalk too. It's still a loss.

Chin up
Old 06-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #55  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Thank you all for the reply's, it has helped me with this predicament so to speak haha.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Restarted IP again last week. I started IP the first time a year ago this past April and did great, losing about 60 lbs. I was getting to the point that I wanted to start phasing out because I had been on the diet for 5 months and just needed a break. Then last September I had a huge gallbladder attack that landed me in the ER, and getting admitted to the hospital for surgery to remove it. This was the start of allowing myself to eat things that weren't IP friendly. I tried for about a month to get back on track, but we had birthdays, and then there was Thanksgiving, and Christmas was coming. The excuses were plenty! Over these months I had gained back 10-15 lbs (depending on the day). I had been meaning to get back on track, but couldn't get serious about it until I gained yet another 10 lbs back in April while I was laying around doing nothing recovering from a hysterectomy. I've gained back 25 lbs total now and am ready to get serious again and finish up the job I started. Today was my first weigh in after starting last week. I was down 6.5 lbs! That's more than I lost week 1 the first time! Anyways, I see only a couple of familiar usernames here so I just wanted to reintroduce myself.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #57  

Hiya Yelliemom, welcome back!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #58  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbi40 View Post
I have an appointment at a clinic to start the IP diet. Im a little concerned about the side effects. Mainly the "diminished mental capacitiy" I've been reading about. and the loss of energy. I can't afford not to be on my toes at work. Anyone experiencing this and can you tell me how it has affected you?

Diminished mental capacity? I had not heard of that side effect - It's kind of funny, I think I'm OK... No problems at work or remembering kids appointments and stuff. The loss of energy is only temporary (1st week or so).

Elissa
Old 06-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #59  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
I believe what you are referring to is "low carb brain" or LCB - I really only experienced this the first couple of days on the program. Your body is detoxing from a lot of stuff, so you might just feel tired or foggy for a bit. It goes away. Loss of energy too generally doesn't last for too long - just part of your body adjusting to lower sugar levels.

Quote:
what is SV and NSV?
SV - scale victory - lower number on the scale.

NSV - non-scale victory - victory in another area, whether it be a smaller size piece of clothing, saying no to an off-plan food, having someone else notice your loss, etc.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Just a question.....
My coach told me that the salad was a requirement; however, she knew I would eventually have days when I wouldn't want to eat it. She said just even have just a couple pieces because that was better than none.
Closed Thread