Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #61  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Good Morning, Everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. I've missed you and haven't been able to get on because I've been so busy. I have tried reading each day, but sometimes life just gets in the way of things. I'm still losing at the same pace--about 3 lbs a week--and am learning patience. I've discovered that this is just the way my boat floats and I'm learning to be happy about it. The best thing is that I'm seeing inches melting away as my clothes are no longer fitting and people are noticing and are so happy for me. My support group is fabulous!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. It is still blazing hot in San Antonio, so I'm staying indoors for the most part.

Hopefully, things will calm down here so I'll be able to get online a little more often. I miss you guys.
For what it's worth, I think 3 lbs a week is pretty fabulous. I was excited at weight.watchers if my loss was over 1 lb/week! Keep plugging at it, you're doing great!! p.s.- I'm from Texas and I love the dryer heat like in Austin. We moved to Nebraska and it's horrible humid heat. Bleh. Lots of pool days or inside air conditioned days. All my family in Texas are desperate for rain! Is that how it is in your area?

I wanted to come on today to publicly confess that I struggle on the weekends. I justify this carb here, this there. I drink diet pop and eat dressings that I should I avoid. I'm committing to a really CLEAN weekend. Now, I have to do it and come check back at the end of the day tomorrow. Deal?
Old 06-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #62  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
For what it's worth, I think 3 lbs a week is pretty fabulous. I was excited at weight.watchers if my loss was over 1 lb/week! Keep plugging at it, you're doing great!! p.s.- I'm from Texas and I love the dryer heat like in Austin. We moved to Nebraska and it's horrible humid heat. Bleh. Lots of pool days or inside air conditioned days. All my family in Texas are desperate for rain! Is that how it is in your area?

I wanted to come on today to publicly confess that I struggle on the weekends. I justify this carb here, this there. I drink diet pop and eat dressings that I should I avoid. I'm committing to a really CLEAN weekend. Now, I have to do it and come check back at the end of the day tomorrow. Deal?
Three lbs per week is definitely nothing to be disappointed with. I was thrilled when I was averaging that -- it's great when each 10 lbs comes off in 3-4 weeks...

I wish you luck with a clean weekend... I chop up lots of cucumber, peppers, etc and have them in the fridge for when the munchies hit. I'm also planning on making the baked eggplant puree that someone posted so that I have something that seems like "hummus" to dip them in.

Here is something else that might appeal to you. I had a great breakfast this morning. I made the plain crepe with 3.5 oz water and made it in my waffle iron. I dipped it in the WF pancake syrup... Felt like a real carby treat...

Good luck!!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
OMG! There was a ridiculous amount of (free) food in the office Friday!

Not only did I make it through the planned event, I resisted treats brought in by one of my colleagues, who was having her last work day before going on mat leave, brought in the most sinful looking desserts from a well-known and very expensive local dessert place and I also got an unexpected invitation to have lunch in the executive boardroom with all of the big bosses. They were having salad (field greens with nothing but raspberries in it it), different types of pizza and cannolis for dessert. I had the salad (minus the fruit and using the WF salad dressing packet that I had in my purse instead of the one being served on the side - thank goodness the dressing was on the side!) and a diet soft drink (as a very special treat) and as soon as I got out of there, I heated my trout that I had in the fridge and ate it at my desk. After feeling so crappy after a sugary cheat earlier in the week, I wasn't even the least bit tempted. I want to keep feeling good! I also noticed that the diet pop made me feel bloated. I guess I will be wanting to cut that now too!

I always used to wear loose clothing before, now I am happy to show off my figure in better fitting clothing. It also helps me to stay on track as during an event or meal in a restaurant, I focus on what I am wearing and how good it feels to wear stuff like that again and how I am actually choosing this over the food/treats!
Suzie! I just noticed you're at goal - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Doesn't that feel great?! Have you started phase 2 or 3? I'm half way through phase 3. It's going fine, but of course I'm obsessing about the 1.4 pounds I've gained. *sigh* Still have lots of work to do on my thinking!

Have a great weekend, and good luck in the next stage!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #64  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning everyone!

I came on to see if a daily thread had been started- then i realized that I should have made this the weekend thread. Duh! Sorry!

Anyway, I'm doing well. The weekend is here and I'm aiming for a balance of productivity and sloth I am planning on having a cooking weekend to prep for the week ahead. I'm making a pot of IP friendly soup and cooking up a bunch of chicken breasts for the week. Not being organized is a killer on this diet. Last night I was tempted to skip supper because it seemed such a chore to cook for myself after making pizza for the kids for supper. In truth, those packets are almost too convenient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixlkitty4
Three lbs per week is definitely nothing to be disappointed with. I was thrilled when I was averaging that -- it's great when each 10 lbs comes off in 3-4 weeks...
I agree! 3 lbs is amazing! No other program has worked as quickly for me- and I've pretty much tried them all!

I hope everyone has an excellent day! The weekend can be tricky, stay tough!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 187/172/135

Height: 5'4"

I have been on IP for 5 weeks now and hovering around a 15 pound loss. I feel like I am slowing down in the weight loss this week (I've been weighing myself daily and its not budging and I have WI on Monday). I haven't been excercising yet, but today walked 4 miles (had to quit because it was too hot). Does anyone have any best / simple practices for excerice that gives good results? My coach has made me so weary of any excericse.

Thanks!

Last edited by Happymaple; 06-11-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Suzie! I just noticed you're at goal - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Doesn't that feel great?! Have you started phase 2 or 3? I'm half way through phase 3. It's going fine, but of course I'm obsessing about the 1.4 pounds I've gained. *sigh* Still have lots of work to do on my thinking!

Have a great weekend, and good luck in the next stage!
Thank you but I am only at goal because I unexpectedly made the decision to phase off today.

I am really happy at the weight that I am right now. Everyone is commenting on how I've melted and how I had better not lose any more (some make jokes and others are serious). Regardless, I wanted to go for at least another 5 lbs, so that if I gain some back during phase III, as I expect, I could at least be where I am now when all is said and done. However, my body is giving me some pretty strong signals that this is enough. At least for now.

On Monday afternoon, for no apparent reason, I took sick at work. I was (very) nauseous, dizzy and lightheaded. I felt faint and there was no way that I was going to make it home. My husband picked me up at work before the end of my shift (I couldn't even finish my day). I had to take Gravol to survive the car ride home. I figured it might be a virus or something seeing as my kids had been sick on the Wednesday and Thursday before. I had some soda crackers and eventually some toast (after my DH insisted) and immediately felt much better. That ended up being my supper.

The next day, I figured I was already out of ketosis, so I may as well enjoy a cupcake leftover from my son's birthday before going back in. I had one... then two... and then I felt pretty sick for almost 24 hours while it worked its way out of my system. I swear, I STILL do not crave those kinds of desserts anymore!

Thursday and Friday were fine. Great even. I was back to my phase II and feeling good and quite motivated to see this thing through!

Then, this morning, I got up and had a coffee, my vanilla RTD drink box and my supplements. We were getting ready for an appointment in town for my daughter and all of sudden, I took sick again the same as on Monday: nauseous, dizzy, lightheaded and feeling faint. DH was insisting that I eat something (he meant toast). I told him that I had to make a decision then because I am not going to go in and out of ketosis like that. I am either in or I am out. He has always been supportive of me on IP and even wants to do it himself when I phase off. His response was that he was gettng very concerned now and "I am sorry honey, but I think your time is up. You have done amazing and I am really proud of you but I think it's time for you to level off." He agrees that I could go back to IP in the Fall if I still feel a need to lose another 5-10 lbs by then.

So, I had some toast and I immediately felt better.

And that is the description of my introduction to phase III that started today.

I am still coming to terms with it. I know that I am beyond happy with my results and my new body but I did want to go just a bit further... but I know that this is the right decision for me right now. However, I keep trying to convince myself in my mind for some reason.

I really need to read all the phase III info as I wasn't quite planning to get into it quite so soon. In fact, I was seriously considering prolonging my IP journey to try and reach 135 lbs (my wedding day weight)... so well into the summer... but I am fitting into the clothes that I was wearing when I got married and bet that my wedding gown fits again (or very close if not).

Right from the beginning of this, I swore that I would listen to my body and stop if there was any sign of trouble... well, I am at that point now. So, I have decided to phase off and level off for a while and try the "real world" of phases III and IV and see what happens!

I am looking forward to working out again! I miss it! My Wii Fit and my Jillian Micheals tapes (30-day shred) are waiting for me. I also want to rejoin the gym and do the C25K (couch to 5K) on the treadmill. I discovered the treadmill maybe a year before starting IP and I was really loving it! There's also a track behind the local high school that I've been meaning to tackle (the track at my high school was my gym class enemy when I went to high school and I wanted to slay this one to do something at age 40 that I could never do at age 16!).

So there's my story... one chapter closed and another one opened... I still plan on sticking around for a while though...

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-11-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #67  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with a consistant 3 pounds a week. I definitely can live with it!

The weather here is miserable. We've been on water restriction since mid-April. We, too, need rain here desperately.

Regarding the weekends... if you think of it as just another day, it might be easier. I don't drink diet beverages, but I was drinking the hardcore sugar laden cola drinks prior to beginning this program. It took a while, but I no longer crave them and they are still in the house--hubby drinks them. I just keep thinking that if I succumb to them that I will no longer be on track to lose my 3 pounds.

I think I've brainwashed myself into believing that right now it's more important to lose this weight than anything else. I don't drink carbonated beverages at all with exception of a very occasional Pelegrino water. I don't like diet beverages, so it's been water and protein drinks on my agenda. I do drink at least 100 oz. of water daily. This especially helps when I begin to get hungry. If that happens, I try to get my mind off of my temptation by removing myself from the temptation. I'll go into another room or do something away from my temptation. It can be difficult at times, but I continually try to focus on the prize ahead.

I've sort of pre-planned my expected weight loss out--around 10-12 pounds a month. I know that if I cheat that I won't be able to maintain that weight loss goal. I really want to break into the 250's in 2 weeks. That's more important to me than anything right now.

I don't know that any of this helps, but forgive yourself for your slips and get on with your life. Guilt is a horrible thing and is so non-productive.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Last edited by BROWNEYES47; 06-11-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #68  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

For those of you that pray...My family could really use some right now.
Something happened this weekend, I don't want to go into detail, but I really need God to put my hubby in his hand, and help get through this!

Thanks
Old 06-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 152/132/130

Height: 5'4"

C25K is a great program, hope you like it. I am working on training for a 10k now since I am in maintanence. I have had a really hard time not eating all of my old favorites and plan to eat clean the next 2 days. Good luck!

Quote:
Thank you but I am only at goal because I unexpectedly made the decision to phase off today.

I am really happy at the weight that I am right now. Everyone is commenting on how I've melted and how I had better not lose any more (some make jokes and others are serious). Regardless, I wanted to go for at least another 5 lbs, so that if I gain some back during phase III, as I expect, I could at least be where I am now when all is said and done. However, my body is giving me some pretty strong signals that this is enough. At least for now.

On Monday afternoon, for no apparent reason, I took sick at work. I was (very) nauseous, dizzy and lightheaded. I felt faint and there was no way that I was going to make it home. My husband picked me up at work before the end of my shift (I couldn't even finish my day). I had to take Gravol to survive the car ride home. I figured it might be a virus or something seeing as my kids had been sick on the Wednesday and Thursday before. I had some soda crackers and eventually some toast (after my DH insisted) and immediately felt much better. That ended up being my supper.

The next day, I figured I was already out of ketosis, so I may as well enjoy a cupcake leftover from my son's birthday before going back in. I had one... then two... and then I felt pretty sick for almost 24 hours while it worked its way out of my system. I swear, I STILL do not crave those kinds of desserts anymore!

Thursday and Friday were fine. Great even. I was back to my phase II and feeling good and quite motivated to see this thing through!

Then, this morning, I got up and had a coffee, my vanilla RTD drink box and my supplements. We were getting ready for an appointment in town for my daughter and all of sudden, I took sick again the same as on Monday: nauseous, dizzy, lightheaded and feeling faint. DH was insisting that I eat something (he meant toast). I told him that I had to make a decision then because I am not going to go in and out of ketosis like that. I am either in or I am out. He has always been supportive of me on IP and even wants to do it himself when I phase off. His response was that he was gettng very concerned now and "I am sorry honey, but I think your time is up. You have done amazing and I am really proud of you but I think it's time for you to level off." He agrees that I could go back to IP in the Fall if I still feel a need to lose another 5-10 lbs by then.

I am still coming to terms with it. I know that I am beyond happy with my results and my new body but I did want to go just a bit further... but I know that this is the right decision for me right now. However, I keep trying to convince myself in my mind for some reason.

I really need to read all the phase III info as I wasn't quite planning to get into it quite so soon. In fact, I was seriously considering prolonging my IP journey to try and reach 135 lbs (my wedding day weight)... so well into the summer... but I am fitting into the clothes that I was wearing when I got married and bet that my wedding gown fits again (or very close if not).

Right from the beginning of this, I swore that I would listen to my body and stop if there was any sign of trouble... well, I am at that point now. So, I have decided to phase off and level off for a while and try the "real world" of phases III and IV and see what happens!

I am looking forward to working out again! I miss it! My Wii Fit and my Jillian Micheals tapes (30-day shred) are waiting for me. I also want to rejoin the gym and do the C25K (couch to 5K) on the treadmill. I discovered the treadmill maybe a year before starting IP and I was really loving it! There's also a track behind the local high school that I've been meaning to tackle (the track at my high school was my gym class enemy when I went to high school and I wanted to slay this one to do something at age 40 that I could never do at age 16!).

So there's my story... one chapter closed and another one opened... I still plan on sticking around for a while though...
Old 06-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Something happened this weekend, I don't want to go into detail, but I really need God to put my hubby in his hand, and help get through this!

Thanks
Prayers are being sent your way.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Quote:
I know what you mean. It seems the longer I am on IP, the harder the weekends have become. For me its because when I started, I pretty much shut down my social life. Plus it was winter time still. And now I am getting back into going out, and my weekends are busier now that the weather is nicer, it has gotten more difficult. I still think I do pretty well, but I could be better. I look at it as learning how to live again. When I get to maintenance, things will have to change from the way they were before. And this is one of the steps in learning! Good Luck this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post

Anyway, I'm doing well. The weekend is here and I'm aiming for a balance of productivity and sloth I am planning on having a cooking weekend to prep for the week ahead. I'm making a pot of IP friendly soup and cooking up a bunch of chicken breasts for the week. Not being organized is a killer on this diet. Last night I was tempted to skip supper because it seemed such a chore to cook for myself after making pizza for the kids for supper. In truth, those packets are almost too convenient!
I do the same thing! I will grill a bunch of meat on the grill on the weekend, then all I have to mess with thru the week is cooking vegetables. This is a practice I hope to continue during maintenance!

Quote:

You have to listen to your body! You have done really well on IP! But you need to make sure that you are healthy. Hopefully these "spells" will stop with the addition of carbs. But you need to know for sure what is causing them, and eliminate the possible causes one by one. Could it be low blood sugar?

Quote:

Thanks
Praying!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:

Thanks
Sending many prayers and : your way. I hope that everything will work out for the best for you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
You have to listen to your body! You have done really well on IP! But you need to make sure that you are healthy. Hopefully these "spells" will stop with the addition of carbs. But you need to know for sure what is causing them, and eliminate the possible causes one by one. Could it be low blood sugar?
It's really hard to get a medical appointment around here but if I need to, I will call my GP and see what I can do. My blood pressure was a little high before I started IP (I am not on medication or anything though)... maybe it's too low now? ...or it could be low blood sugar, which would be weird because diabetes runs in my family (grandmother, aunt, uncle)... but my husband and others have told me that they suspect that I might be hypoglycemic... I have no clue! I'll see if phase III puts an end to these "spells" and if not, I will look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallylosing View Post
C25K is a great program, hope you like it. I am working on training for a 10k now since I am in maintanence. I have had a really hard time not eating all of my old favorites and plan to eat clean the next 2 days. Good luck!
Thanks for the encouragement!

Good luck to you on your 10K!!! Amazing!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-11-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

ummm I made cauliflower couscous, it was so good! I made chicken in the slow cooker, when it was all cooked added some WF alfredo to the juice to thicken it up and some spices. Everyone liked it, they couldnt believe it was all healthy too.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 247/180.8/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Thanks
Prayers are sent from my family to yours!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #75  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Well last night DH and I had a dinner date. We try to have a night to ourselves once in a while. So we went out for dinner. The older kids babysat the baby, well she was in bed. I wanted to order a half chicken dinner but after ordering the waitress came to tell me they ran out. So I have a new yorker steak. It was pretty good. With side veggies and a garden salad. Hubby had a caesar salad which bothered me a bit. I haven't had one for 7 weeks...lol. Well it's the bacon that I was craving. But other than that, it was all good. Had water and a couple of cups of tea which was nice to warm me up as it was cold in the restaurant, they had the A/C cranked.

So another rainy day here. It seems whenever the weekend comes it's always raining which we can't do anything yard work....gggrr!!!

Susie: Hope you feel better soon and phase III will be better for you. Hopefully you don't get anymore spells and if you do, go get checked right away. Your husband is right to worry. You don't want to fool around with your health. Keep us posted.

MInewgoal: Sending prayers your way for your DH, you and your family. Keep us posted.

Well I think we're going to go do some shopping for our baby girl today. She will be 1 year old on friday and have a birthday party for her on saturday. I can't get over how fast the year has gone. I'll be going back to work after being off for a year the following wednesday. Wondering how IP will work for me once I go back and work shift work. Hoping it all evens out.

Well have a great day everybody and stay OP.
Closed Thread