Old 06-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #1  
Jocey

S/C/G: (191)...171/151.5/145

Height: 5"4"

Question Workplace land mines

Why does it seem that when your doing well there are always some who wish to sabotage your efforts to stay on plan? Suddenly there are work luncheons, late dinners that you must attend....just to watch others eat foods I use to love. They know I am trying but it doesn't matter to them because they are all slim. So what's girl to do?:?
Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

You just have to believe that losing the weight is much more satisfying then the food.... "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" Love that quote
Part of my job involves cooking and I don't get to eat any of it!! I've gotten used to it but it was hard at first!
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #3  
Jocey

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losingtime View Post
You just have to believe that losing the weight is much more satisfying then the food.... "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" Love that quote
Part of my job involves cooking and I don't get to eat any of it!! I've gotten used to it but it was hard at first!
I agree with the quote for sure but I thought friends would want me to succeed and therefore be supportive. I am glad I found this site where everyone wants to help!!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

I work in a farily big office and there are always landmines around. It seems more so now that I am on a diet and can't delve into these goodies. I think now that I can't have them I am more aware when they are around. Before I would just nibble and not think much about it.
murleya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #5  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

All I can ever do is ask myself how I'm going to feel TOMORROW about what I'm eating today. If I know I'm going to feel horrible and beat myself up about it, then I put down the fork and walk away. It's hard, but it's harder when you feel depressed because you've given into temptation.
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzie View Post
I agree with the quote for sure but I thought friends would want me to succeed and therefore be supportive. I am glad I found this site where everyone wants to help!!!!
Sometimes your friends can be the WORST!!! My friend of almost 30 years has been OBVIOUSLY avoiding me. I thought I was imagining things but we were supposed to meet for lunch today and she called to say, "I'm just too tired." Yep, pretty sure she's avoiding me.(Haven't seen her since March) We've always been the same size. She has no interest in any type of diet which is fine, but I don't want her to stay away because I've decided to get healthy. I'm not the type to talk about it and try to "guilt her into" dieting too.
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #7  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzie View Post
I agree that friends are the WORST. I have some who are very supportive and others who seem jealous and want me to fail.
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #8  
Jocey

Default Time,season,reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
Sometimes your friends can be the WORST!!! My friend of almost 30 years has been OBVIOUSLY avoiding me. I thought I was imagining things but we were supposed to meet for lunch today and she called to say, "I'm just too tired." Yep, pretty sure she's avoiding me.(Haven't seen her since March) We've always been the same size. She has no interest in any type of diet which is fine, but I don't want her to stay away because I've decided to get healthy. I'm not the type to talk about it and try to "guilt her into" dieting too.
Sometimes friends are there for a time(short) a season or a reason that's fine but few friends are there for a lifetime. We only have control over what kind of friends we are. Thanks so much for your response.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #9  
Jocey

Default Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
I agree that friends are the WORST. I have some who are very supportive and others who seem jealous and want me to fail.
If friends want us to fail maybe their not real friends, appreciate everything but expect nothing then you will not be disappointed.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

There will always be landmines around. I always think , do I want this donut and eventually start wearing clothes sizes that begin with "X".
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

We have lunches at work every three months or so. The boss picks these little places that serve thia dishes, etc. The staff knows I am eatting healthy, but still pick these places. The dont have anything thats not swimming in sweet sauces. I dont like shrimp, so that leaves zero choices. Last time I ate thia chicken even before IP, and 45 mins after we ate I had stomach cramps, and couldnt make it home, it flew out of me lol..

So today they pick that same place. I said well I am sorry but I cant eat their food. They have a menu of 5 items. My boss has a tummy that looks like he is 20 months preggie. He eats fast, and like a pig, no class, drips food all over his shirt, its all over his face, its really gross. I told him I wont be there, I dont want to be sick after to try and work after eatting. I asked him why he doesnt pick larger places with full menus most places always offer healthy choices. Even Mcdonalds I can get a chicken salad without their dressing. He likes these little out of the way places. Last time we couldnt even eat, didnt even know what we were eatting, pork something LOL...this place had 10 places to sit. So....I watched them eat. I said I am not doing that again.

So for myself I decided not to go. I told them I cant eat those sauces and not be sick, they were kind of shocked. But I feel better inside knowing I did something for me and my health, instead of sitting there eatting something I didnt want to eat and knew it would set me back a whole week. Plus I would feel sick, so yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to me~~
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I am so glad that I work in a small office with only 4 other coworkers. Normally, the only time we have snacks is when I bring them. I did bring muffins in last week, but didn't touch one.

My first real tests is a potluck tomorrow night (I will eat first) and a birthday party on Sunday afternoon. For the party, I will treat myself to a chocolate drink before the party so I can feel like I already had something good and sweet.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #13  
Jocey

Default Yeah for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
We have lunches at work every three months or so. The boss picks these little places that serve thia dishes, etc. The staff knows I am eatting healthy, but still pick these places. The dont have anything thats not swimming in sweet sauces. I dont like shrimp, so that leaves zero choices. Last time I ate thia chicken even before IP, and 45 mins after we ate I had stomach cramps, and couldnt make it home, it flew out of me lol..

So today they pick that same place. I said well I am sorry but I cant eat their food. They have a menu of 5 items. My boss has a tummy that looks like he is 20 months preggie. He eats fast, and like a pig, no class, drips food all over his shirt, its all over his face, its really gross. I told him I wont be there, I dont want to be sick after to try and work after eatting. I asked him why he doesnt pick larger places with full menus most places always offer healthy choices. Even Mcdonalds I can get a chicken salad without their dressing. He likes these little out of the way places. Last time we couldnt even eat, didnt even know what we were eatting, pork something LOL...this place had 10 places to sit. So....I watched them eat. I said I am not doing that again.

So for myself I decided not to go. I told them I cant eat those sauces and not be sick, they were kind of shocked. But I feel better inside knowing I did something for me and my health, instead of sitting there eatting something I didnt want to eat and knew it would set me back a whole week. Plus I would feel sick, so yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to me~~
. Good for you.
You set the bar for yourself and an example for others!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #14  
Jocey

Default Preplanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
I am so glad that I work in a small office with only 4 other coworkers. Normally, the only time we have snacks is when I bring them. I did bring muffins in last week, but didn't touch one.

My first real tests is a potluck tomorrow night (I will eat first) and a birthday party on Sunday afternoon. For the party, I will treat myself to a chocolate drink before the party so I can feel like I already had something good and sweet.
That is a very good idea to plan ahead so you won't go off track. I don't feel tempted by food as much as I feel pressured by others with the proverbial...oh just have a bite....many can't leave it at no thank you, so now I say maybe tomorrow and they don't quite know what to say to that. This time I am in it to win.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post

Yeah You!!!! Maybe they'll all be sitting there thinking,"I hope I don't get sick!" LOL When they get back ask one of them if they feel okay, plant that seed of doubt....<evil grin>
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote