Old 06-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/141/120

Height: 5'5

Default Why do I have sore/sensitive teeth?

I am going into week 4 and noticed that a couple of my teeth are sensitive and hurt. Has anyone else experienced this and can explain what is happening? Gonna get some sensydyne to see if it will help.
Moonkakaladda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:54 AM   #2  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

I'm not an IP person, but when your body is in ketosis (which I believe is the goal here) your blood and bodily fluids' acidity goes way up. That could be causing erosion and irritation to your enamel, due to your saliva being more acidic.
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Another thought: Are you taking your supplements? It may help!
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

What hurts your teeth or your gums? IP shouldnt make either hurt. Your problem night not be related to ip at all. Have a dental check up, he will tell you whats going on in your mouth.

Sensodyne is good if you have receeding gums and your root is exposed. The toothpaste plugs the openings of the dentinal tubuals and stops the pain. It takes 6 weeks before it works and you usually need to use it each day after that. There is a new colgate toothpaste for sensitive teeth that works right away but you need to use it each time you brush. If these toothpastes dont solve your problem then there is another reason for the pain. Sometimes when a few teeth beside each other hurting like in the upper arch it could be a sinus problem, the bottom of the sinus cavity touches the root tips, so many times we get toothaches with a cold. Easiest way to check if its sinus , when you bend over does it feel like your head is going to explode with pain, then its sinus and not teeth. But then again you could have dental problems same time as a sinus cold so best bet to check with your dentist.

Last edited by locks; 06-05-2011 at 10:38 AM.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

I noticed this at week 3 or 4. I was eating most of my veggies raw and found that whenever I ate spinach or brocolli my teeth were really fuzzy. I talked to a dental hygenist friend of mine and she recommended colgate or crest PROHEALTH. I have been using it since and haven't had any further problems. Make sure you aren't missing all your calcium supplements.
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

The fuzzy feeling is plaque lol, When we have a dry mouth, plaque and calculus build up faster. When your in ketosis, remember how your tongue almost stuck to your palate when your body kicked into burning fat phase. Just keep them choppers nice and clean you shouldnt have problems unless they are coming from something thats already started not related to IP.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 154/141/120

Height: 5'5

Thanks everyone. Its subsided but will check it out with my dentist as i find its when I have something cold to drink two of my teeth ache. I have been taking my supplements as outlined and I just wanted to ensure it wasnt something that could be a temporary side effect. I do eat a balance of raw and cooked veggies. I will try the Colgate brand as you guys mentioned. Thanks!!
Moonkakaladda is offline   Reply With Quote