Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #61  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
Hi all I PLANNED on starting Tuesday but I cheated everyday since!! So Im really gonna dig my heels in, buy all the veggies and protein supplements to do this RIGHT with no cheats!!! Im so inspired by all of you.... I hear the first week is the hardest so I can get through this week I should be ok. I have two small children and theres always food around so this is gonna be tough but Im so tired of this weight and need to make a change. I need to not look at what Im giving up and look at it as to what I will be gaining....
not to be rude, but...
this may not be the plan for you if you can't stick to it the first week, I would think real hard maybe there is a more flexible diet for you. I hope you continue but really there are NO CHEATS on this diet, it works if you follow it. There has been way too much talk about I cheated here and I cheated there. This protocol works when you follow the guidelines, if you can't it may not be right for you. It is a hard diet if you make it a hard diet. There is also the money aspect in it, it is not a cheap diet to be cheating. Also there is a health issue it is not good to go into Ketosis and out of ketosis this is hard on your organs. I know you aren't in ketosis yet, which I guess if there was a good time to cheat...but maybe write down on a piece of paper the pros and the cons of this diet and if the cons out way the pros than not for you. Now if the PROS outway the cons... then post this list where you are likely to see it when you go in search of a snack or whatever you are cheating on. I know it is hard when you have a family that is eating differently than you. My first day a friend had sweet potatoe fries and dessert right in front of me... and when we go out still that happens. I needed this diet, and if you do too nothing will stop you. I bake all the time for the office and yes it is hard but it took me a long time to get FAT as well, it will take time to lose the fat. This is a journey and not a sprint.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings but someone has to say something. With all the encouragement that is on this forum that should give you motivation and just wanting to lose the weight. Welcome and hope to hear of your sucess.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

I'm almost at the end of my second week and I have to admit I had a more cravings this week then I did last, but I think its because its TOM for me... Thankfully I've figured out that if I cut my protein bar into little pieces I can eat it whenever a craving strikes.

Looking forward to conquering another weekend! I feel so empowered when I can resist the temptation!

Last edited by Babyblues4; 05-27-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #63  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
not to be rude, but...
this may not be the plan for you if you can't stick to it the first week, I would think real hard maybe there is a more flexible diet for you. I hope you continue but really there are NO CHEATS on this diet, it works if you follow it. There has been way too much talk about I cheated here and I cheated there. This protocol works when you follow the guidelines, if you can't it may not be right for you. It is a hard diet if you make it a hard diet. There is also the money aspect in it, it is not a cheap diet to be cheating. Also there is a health issue it is not good to go into Ketosis and out of ketosis this is hard on your organs. I know you aren't in ketosis yet, which I guess if there was a good time to cheat...but maybe write down on a piece of paper the pros and the cons of this diet and if the cons out way the pros than not for you. Now if the PROS outway the cons... then post this list where you are likely to see it when you go in search of a snack or whatever you are cheating on. I know it is hard when you have a family that is eating differently than you. My first day a friend had sweet potatoe fries and dessert right in front of me... and when we go out still that happens. I needed this diet, and if you do too nothing will stop you. I bake all the time for the office and yes it is hard but it took me a long time to get FAT as well, it will take time to lose the fat. This is a journey and not a sprint.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings but someone has to say something. With all the encouragement that is on this forum that should give you motivation and just wanting to lose the weight. Welcome and hope to hear of your sucess.
WELL SAID!!!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #64  
Ray

S/C/G: 170.6/170.6/135

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Life has finally settled down a little for me. I was traveling Mon-Wed, then yesterday was crazy mad. Today is a daycare training day (forced vacation day), so my 3.5 yr old and I are hanging out together and it should be a lovely, lazy day. I take nothing for granted these days... I am sitting with my coffee, he has my iPad *he thinks it's his*, and we are enjoying each other's company.

I plan on getting a haircut Saturday, and am a little torn about what to do with my hair. I want to grow it out a little, but I also want some additional layers so that it feels less "flat", especially when I go to the trouble of styling it. I have really fine hair, so I can't grow it too long... But, here's the thing. Since losing weight, I want to clip it up more. With summer a few days away, I think I will want to do this much more often. I'm worried that I will be annoyed if the layers prevent me from wearing it up because my hair falls out of the clip. Oh well... I will discuss with hairstylist tomorrow. Just venting about the petty thing in my head right now.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. I'm still catching up on posts, but here are some responses to yesterday's thread for now.

Congratulations. What a great feeling. I do hope that you are planning something nice (non-food) to celebrate.

I agree with everyone's comments re: cold and pregnant. This is definitely not a balanced diet (read Dr. Tran's book), and therefore should absolutely not be considered for anyone who is pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to conceive.

I am very sorry for your loss. Sounds like you handled the situation perfectly. Congratulations for staying OP under stress. Celebrate the victory that you were able to go for a walk and deal with the stress without cheating.

Thanks for the kind compliment. I too live in the DC area, and have enjoyed the thought of being "cold" - aka not dying in the heat of the summer. I guess we can both test that theory over the weekend here. I get milk delivered to my house, and they leave it in a cooler on my back deck. I haven't had to worry about putting ice in it since last summer, and I can normally get away with retrieving it after dinner. Well, I woke up this morning with a panic, realizing that we hadn't yet gotten the milk out of the cooler (it was delivered yesterday afternoon). I sure hope we didn't ruin it. It was still slightly "cold" to the touch this morning, but I fear the worst. Oh well... Live and learn. And set some additional calendar reminders next week!

Have a great weekend!

This looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing...

You are always so full of wisdom. Thank you for sharing. Also, I love, love, love your new avatar picture. What an amazing before/after shot. Congratulations on everything you have accomplished!

I say for the hair dilema, try something different with color, you'll love that as a change. i'm a hairdresser and that will usually give you a great lift. even be daring a bit too. i just colored mine and i always put blonde highlight in and this time i went with a brownish red color with caramel colored streaks. i love it! it makes it fun, and with all the changes in our bodies right now a new look feels really good. post a pic after you get it done.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
congrats that is great news.. keep up the good work.
You are just doing amazing.....and sending out great vibes...Have a great weekend..
:c arrot::car rot:
Old 05-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

I accidentally put myself in starvation mode yesterday. We made an unexpected trip out of town to go camping with my parents and sister and I didn't realize it was 5pm when we left! I usually eat dinner between 5:30 and 6pm. I stopped at 8:30 to pick up food for the girls and got a water since I know that place puts sugar in everything. I didn't get to eat until 9:30pm. By then I was feeling pretty sick as I'd only had breakfast and lunch packets, no veggies even. I tried to eat but threw up. Bummer. Today is much better thankfully!

I really feel like I got my focus back after seeing that 168 on the scale. As hungry as I was and as bad as the somach cramps were, I didn't want to sabotage myself. I was 100% OP but I didn't cheat either. I'm 100% back in the game!

Best part is that I'm only 4 lbs from weighing less than DH!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Quote:
Hi all I PLANNED on starting Tuesday but I cheated everyday since!! So Im really gonna dig my heels in, buy all the veggies and protein supplements to do this RIGHT with no cheats!!! Im so inspired by all of you.... I hear the first week is the hardest so I can get through this week I should be ok. I have two small children and theres always food around so this is gonna be tough but Im so tired of this weight and need to make a change. I need to not look at what Im giving up and look at it as to what I will be gaining....
The first week I was so excited I had no problems like some people claim...
a little tired but I was tired before that...I think you need to re think a few things..this is not a punishment...its a change and a life improvement...plus with children let them eat good food with you..but give them a few extras..this is good for the whole family to eat the meat-veggies-salad...
You will be sooo glad when you decide this is what I want...I don't have to do it..I want to do it..and wow your life changes...Go get em...you'll be glad you did..its ok to say no to yourself...
Old 05-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 268/254/160

I went to a store today and they had candy and goodies on sale for 30% off. my favorites...sweet tarts. I'm on day six and I thought I could maybe buy some and keep it for when I reach my goal weight (which will be weeks and weeks away still), but I didn't, even though it was really, really hard. I DIDN'T BUY MY FAVORITE CANDY!!! for me, this is HUGE
Old 05-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #69  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Kids need carbs. Their bodies are just balls of energy..constantly moving and burning, and their brains are growing and carbs are the easiest form of nutrient to be processed for the brain.

I too have a home daycare. I have 4 kids of my own plus 3 more. I am around food constantly! I am more important then a taste of their snack!!!!!!! I made this decision to lose weight. I've worked hard to get where I am, and I am keeping my eyes on the goal.

As the saying goes: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

I am in this to win. I can not be the heavy, unhappy person I was before.

Each day I start the day with the goal to better myself.

My decisions are my own, no one else can make them, or do this for me.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #70  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertamel View Post
I went to a store today and they had candy and goodies on sale for 30% off. my favorites...sweet tarts. I'm on day six and I thought I could maybe buy some and keep it for when I reach my goal weight (which will be weeks and weeks away still), but I didn't, even though it was really, really hard. I DIDN'T BUY MY FAVORITE CANDY!!! for me, this is HUGE
That is definately a victory! Not setting yourself up with easy access..Yay you!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #71  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by alally View Post
Hi all,
First, thank God for this forum, it made it easy for me to decide that I want to do IP.

Second, I have my first visit with my consultant today and I [lan to start IP tomorrow. I'm nervous and scared [it is Memorial Day weekend afterall]. This time, though, I have the resolve and the exceptional stories of people on this forum to keep me going.

Thanks to you all!

Ann
Good luck Ann!! THis place is wonderful. I started 3 weeks before xmas (and my bday and my sons bday and new years....). You just have to stick to it and it's great. I always made sure there were veggies (raw veggie dip) - I often brought my own to make sure. This does take work/planning/will power but trust me, it's so worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
So proud of you for staying strong! I too have felt angry at times watching others eat what I can't right now but all I have to do is think about how worth it it will all be in the end...too bad that we're creatures who always want instant gratification huh??

My coach had told me to try not to eat after 8pm as well but for the most part, that hardly ever happens...my snack is usually closer to 11 and it doesn't seem to have presented a problem for me...

Morning everyone! Can't wipe the smile off my face today as I just got back from WI 14 with INCREDIBLE news!
Most of you know I went to Disney, went off program, and came home 7.4 lbs. heavier...while I owned it, I was still obviously bothered by it and made it my mission this past week and a half to rock phase 1 all over again....Well, I'm pretty sure I succeeded

13 lbs. down (so I lost the 7.4 I had gained THEN some)
for a total of 45.7 lbs. in 14 weeks
and a total of 30.3 inches

I'm THRILLED!! My husband came with me to my WI this morning and it was sweet to hear him tell my coach how amazing he thinks I am

I'm even more excited about getting into that new dress I bought the other day for the bridal shower this weekend. I can't believe that in just over 3 months, I'm already almost half way to my goal.

I'd like to thank everyone here for the constant motivation I get from reading the posts...it's because of this forum and my amazing coach that I'm where I am right now and I feel AMAZING.

Have a great day everyone!

Wow! you are doing so great!!! Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grmekor78 View Post
Hello all!! I am new to this site, but feel pretty comfy already!! I have been doing this IP diet for 4 and 1/2 months now and am stuck! I have lost 70 lbs, but now I feel like I have hit a wall!! I'm craving all the wrong foods and even had to take a couple days off, which turned out to be horrible for me. I feel like I need to start fresh. Any thoughts, motivation or suggestions?? THIS DIET WORKS!! I need to stick to it!!!!!
I had lost 45 pounds and my body did not want to loose anymore and so I cheated a bit which made things worst. Finally after 3 weeks of not losing I asked my coach for suggestions. She put me on boot camp and I lost 5 pounds in 1 week. Boot camp is taking 5 packets per day vs 3 and losing the meat at supper time. Really lowers the amount of fat but my coach told me to only do it for 1 week, wait a couple of weeks and do it again. Worked for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Catarina View Post
I'm supposed to be taking a day trip with my dad tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous. He's a guy who LOVES TO EAT and he'll want to go somewhere good for lunch. I might try swapping my dinner and lunch so I can order a chicken breast and veggies if possible, but I also plan on having a bar and lots of veggies packed in the car! And if he stops for ice cream along the way, I CAN SAY NO!

Stopped into my center last night to get some product and so they weighed me and measured me even though I've only been OP for 3 days. I've already lost .6 lbs and 5.5" (and this was right after dinner)!!! Can't wait to see my numbers after an entire week!

I waited 3 months before going to the restaurant but when I did, it went very well. Ask for steamed veggies vs other stuff. Get chicken or steak. \bring your own dressing and splenda. You will do fine.

Good luck. Tell you Dad to be supportive. Be firm. I had to tell my Mom a few times before she got it. Then she was great about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertamel View Post
I completelly understand where you are coming from. Now I buy myself a magazine or a new hand cream or something vs the junk I used to buy myslef. Trust me, it fells even better than the old junk.

Here's me sending all of you will power hugs!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #72  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
not to be rude, but...
this may not be the plan for you if you can't stick to it the first week, I would think real hard maybe there is a more flexible diet for you. I hope you continue but really there are NO CHEATS on this diet, it works if you follow it.
I completely agree. The diet is strict. Very, very strict. However, it is EASY... There are rules. Just follow them. It's hard if you make it hard because you are not following the rules. But, it's easy if you follow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I say for the hair dilema, try something different with color, you'll love that as a change. i'm a hairdresser and that will usually give you a great lift. even be daring a bit too. i just colored mine and i always put blonde highlight in and this time i went with a brownish red color with caramel colored streaks. i love it! it makes it fun, and with all the changes in our bodies right now a new look feels really good. post a pic after you get it done.
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to get a little trim and have them add a few additional layers at the back and on the sides. I'm going to the Paul Mitchell school, so only have a haircut appt b/c they didn't have time for highlights... I will see what I think after this cut and then think about color. I do have highlights in my hair, but maybe could do a little something different with those.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #73  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone! Can't wipe the smile off my face today as I just got back from WI 14 with INCREDIBLE news!
Most of you know I went to Disney, went off program, and came home 7.4 lbs. heavier...while I owned it, I was still obviously bothered by it and made it my mission this past week and a half to rock phase 1 all over again....Well, I'm pretty sure I succeeded

13 lbs. down (so I lost the 7.4 I had gained THEN some)
for a total of 45.7 lbs. in 14 weeks
and a total of 30.3 inches

I'm THRILLED!! My husband came with me to my WI this morning and it was sweet to hear him tell my coach how amazing he thinks I am

I'm even more excited about getting into that new dress I bought the other day for the bridal shower this weekend. I can't believe that in just over 3 months, I'm already almost half way to my goal.

I'd like to thank everyone here for the constant motivation I get from reading the posts...it's because of this forum and my amazing coach that I'm where I am right now and I feel AMAZING.

Have a great day everyone!
Woot woot!!! You go girl!!!! Sooooo happy for you!!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #74  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine216 View Post
I had lost 45 pounds and my body did not want to lose anymore and so I cheated a bit which made things worst. Finally after 3 weeks of not losing I asked my coach for suggestions. She put me on boot camp and I lost 5 pounds in 1 week. Boot camp is taking 5 packets per day vs 3 and losing the meat at supper time. Really lowers the amount of fat but my coach told me to only do it for 1 week, wait a couple of weeks and do it again. Worked for me.

Wow!! Thanks for that!! Now I know what Boot camp is!! Were those 5 packets all non restricted? I will check with my coach next week and see if I can try that too!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grmekor78 View Post
To: SUSIE BEE:
I'm still in phase 1. My BIG goal is to get to 150...starting weight was 314. YIKES!! I feel so good now, but I have a long way to go!! I guess sometimes I feel a bit frustrated that I have been doing this for that long, and still have THAT long to go! It's tough! But, like I said earlier, it works!! I need to just remind myself of that..
That is wonderful and very ambitious! I am so in awe of those who are on this for a long time and able to stick with it like that! You are doing amazing! My undedcuated guess would be, in that case, that this may be a normal plateau and you will just have to ride it through until your body readjusts... although maybe some of the experienced members here may have some better advice for you (I hope they do!). If you have a Coach, you should maybe discuss it with your coach. I don't know if you've been having 4 packets per day... maybe it's time to go to 3?

I really hope the "whoosh fairy" visits you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Another thought is to do a 'phase 2 breakfast' and then have your bar or a shake for lunch if it is easier. So have an omelette (or protein?!) for breakfast instead of protein/salad at lunch.
Thank you for the great idea! I may just do that!

Quote:
Here are my thoughts and tips for you:

If you cheated every day, I would say that you just haven't started yet... So then, what is holding you back? What are you afraid of? Why are you stopping yourself from doing this? Time to ask yourself some serious questions, maybe you can journal to get to the bottom of this.

You can lose the weight if you want to. Right now, the food is controlling you but you can be in control of your own body IF you want to but you have to really want it. If you follow the plan, the food addictions will eventually get weaker and leave you. In the last few weeks, I have finally reached the point where I don't feel deprived. I feel that I am actually chosing not to eat certain food items that are not permitted. I am chosing my skinny self over the food or treat that used to tempt me so badly. Today, is my first day of TOM and it is a bit harder but I am still holding strong.

The first few days are the most difficult. Have a plan. My Coach told me that it is important for me not to be hungry. To keep on hand: hard boiled eggs (whites only), lean low-sodium cooked ham without sugar, dill pickles, celery and use them if I need them. Have your sea salt handy, it helps with the sugar withdrawal headaches and if that doesn't work, my Coach said that I could take Tylenol and I did. By day 5, I was over the hump and I felt so much better than before I started IP real fast! By then end of my 2nd week, I was already buying smaller jeans for denim day at the office! Such a wonderful feeling!

I also have two children (ages 5 and 8). My kids eat the way we eat. They always have. They eat meat, healthy starches and all kinds of veggies... and the occasional treat! One trick I had, was to always put a little bit of everything we were having on their plates. I never forced them to eat anything and I never argued with them about food. If they don't like it, they don't have to eat it, they could just leave it on the plate until the meal is over. Young children don't like anything "new". So putting something on their plate over and over again makes them familiar with it and eventually they will try it. They will still have their likes and dislikes and that is okay. You eventually will know what their true likes and dislikes are. My son will not eat potatoes or sweet potatoes. My daughter won't eat tomatoes. Both kids dislike cooked mushrooms, onions and peppers (I think it's a texture issue).

Now that I am doing IP, I have cut out carbs and sugar for me. My family eats what I eat + I serve them a portion of healthy starches with their dinner. There are a few treats around the house but not too many and they are only for dessert and not to eat all day every day. I encourage healthy snacks (fruit, vegetables, healthy starches high in fiber or dairy products). I am okay with that although I am really looking forward to having some of those things again in phase 3.

Note that a very important thing to remember is that this is not a forever diet. It has a beginning, a middle and an end. You are not depriving yourself. You are chosing to forego certain foods for a certain amount of time in order to rest your pancreas and allow your body to relearn how to process these foods properly. Once you have reached your goal, you will reintroduce your favorite foods again in a healthy way.

If you have not done so, please read the book, available as a free PDF, by following the link in the introduction of each daily chat threat. It will explain everything very clearly and I am sure will help you to decide if this diet is really for you or not.

If you decide to join us on this journey, there is lots of encouragement and support on this board!

You can do this!
Closed Thread