Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #76  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine216 View Post
I had lost 45 pounds and my body did not want to loose anymore and so I cheated a bit which made things worst. Finally after 3 weeks of not losing I asked my coach for suggestions. She put me on boot camp and I lost 5 pounds in 1 week. Boot camp is taking 5 packets per day vs 3 and losing the meat at supper time. Really lowers the amount of fat but my coach told me to only do it for 1 week, wait a couple of weeks and do it again. Worked for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Wow!! Thanks for that!! Now I know what Boot camp is!! Were those 5 packets all non restricted? I will check with my coach next week and see if I can try that too!
For the record, I have never heard of doing bootcamp like this. Everything I have heard from my coach or read on here, Bootcamp has always been no restricted packets, no occasional veggies. You still eat meat at dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
You are always so full of wisdom. Thank you for sharing. Also, I love, love, love your new avatar picture. What an amazing before/after shot. Congratulations on everything you have accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
2RIDEROLLERCOAST Mrs. D - what can I say but HOLY COW - unbelievable transformation. I have been inspired by you the entire time I have been on this program and have watched and celebrated from afar --you are STUNNING!!!! Congratulations to making it to phase 3 -- I hope to join you soon - and I hope you will continue to post and share- your experience and guidance are a true blessing to those of us following behind you. Congratulations and again WOW!!!!
Thanks so much ladies! I wasn't due for a new DL till the end of next year, but I just couldn't bear to look at that awful picture anymore! I'm happy to be able to help/inspire/butt kick/whatever on here - just paying it forward from those who I got it from! ;-) I heart all of you!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the words of welcome and encouragement. I met with my coach today and she is awesome! I'm feeling very psyched.

Ann
Old 05-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 301/Ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

Default First Post - New to IP - Lovin it!!!!

Hi All -
I've been lurking for a couple weeks so I wanted to intro myself and thank you all for being here, talking about what's real, and offering such amazing insight and encouragement.

I'm on IP Phase I - day 10, and I'm down 9 lbs and 6.5 inches overall. Week one was rough with headaches, cravings, etc. But I must say - the last few days have felt EASY EASY EASY!

I've done some crazy strict programs before without any of the convenience this plan offers. So this almost feels like a no-brainer. The little bit of prep (veggies) & planning involved seems like a small price to pay for such promising results. I've got a big goal so I need something sustainable - and this feels like something I can do for quite awhile.

Anyway - my first mini goal (on this site) is to get me one of them fancy tickers. (LOL) Next, I'd like to visit & post frequently to become part of this wonderful community. People tend to have such a negative response to this diet when they initially hear about it, so it's good to be with people who understand it and realize what it is all about. (I'm reading Dr. Tran's book right now and it's helping me put the pieces together...).

Sending my good vibes out into the 3fc universe, and looking forward to knowing you all better as time goes by.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Hello and happy Friday! It's nice to see some new folks on the threads, and some good problem-solving. It's awesome to have such great online friends!

I'm on my third week and feeling really good. My coworkers are starting to notice and I need to start buying some new pants to fit my smaller butt! Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKeeter1 View Post
Hi All -
I've been lurking for a couple weeks so I wanted to intro myself and thank you all for being here, talking about what's real, and offering such amazing insight and encouragement.

I'm on IP Phase I - day 10, and I'm down 9 lbs and 6.5 inches overall. Week one was rough with headaches, cravings, etc. But I must say - the last few days have felt EASY EASY EASY!

I've done some crazy strict programs before without any of the convenience this plan offers. So this almost feels like a no-brainer. The little bit of prep (veggies) & planning involved seems like a small price to pay for such promising results. I've got a big goal so I need something sustainable - and this feels like something I can do for quite awhile.

Anyway - my first mini goal (on this site) is to get me one of them fancy tickers. (LOL) Next, I'd like to visit & post frequently to become part of this wonderful community. People tend to have such a negative response to this diet when they initially hear about it, so it's good to be with people who understand it and realize what it is all about. (I'm reading Dr. Tran's book right now and it's helping me put the pieces together...).

Sending my good vibes out into the 3fc universe, and looking forward to knowing you all better as time goes by.

this is an awesome site full of encouragement and great ideas, and sometimes we get a little, but most of all it's a good place to be. I sit here for a couple hours every night and read the posts...p.s. it keeps my mind off food for a while at night as that's when i want to snack
Have a great time reading and commenting, and I look forward to seeing you succeed on your journey to thinness!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
That is wonderful and very ambitious! I am so in awe of those who are on this for a long time and able to stick with it like that! You are doing amazing! My undedcuated guess would be, in that case, that this may be a normal plateau and you will just have to ride it through until your body readjusts... although maybe some of the experienced members here may have some better advice for you (I hope they do!). If you have a Coach, you should maybe discuss it with your coach. I don't know if you've been having 4 packets per day... maybe it's time to go to 3?

I really hope the "whoosh fairy" visits you soon!

Thank you for the great idea! I may just do that!

Here are my thoughts and tips for you:

If you cheated every day, I would say that you just haven't started yet... So then, what is holding you back? What are you afraid of? Why are you stopping yourself from doing this? Time to ask yourself some serious questions, maybe you can journal to get to the bottom of this.

You can lose the weight if you want to. Right now, the food is controlling you but you can be in control of your own body IF you want to but you have to really want it. If you follow the plan, the food addictions will eventually get weaker and leave you. In the last few weeks, I have finally reached the point where I don't feel deprived. I feel that I am actually chosing not to eat certain food items that are not permitted. I am chosing my skinny self over the food or treat that used to tempt me so badly. Today, is my first day of TOM and it is a bit harder but I am still holding strong.

The first few days are the most difficult. Have a plan. My Coach told me that it is important for me not to be hungry. To keep on hand: hard boiled eggs (whites only), lean low-sodium cooked ham without sugar, dill pickles, celery and use them if I need them. Have your sea salt handy, it helps with the sugar withdrawal headaches and if that doesn't work, my Coach said that I could take Tylenol and I did. By day 5, I was over the hump and I felt so much better than before I started IP real fast! By then end of my 2nd week, I was already buying smaller jeans for denim day at the office! Such a wonderful feeling!

I also have two children (ages 5 and 8). My kids eat the way we eat. They always have. They eat meat, healthy starches and all kinds of veggies... and the occasional treat! One trick I had, was to always put a little bit of everything we were having on their plates. I never forced them to eat anything and I never argued with them about food. If they don't like it, they don't have to eat it, they could just leave it on the plate until the meal is over. Young children don't like anything "new". So putting something on their plate over and over again makes them familiar with it and eventually they will try it. They will still have their likes and dislikes and that is okay. You eventually will know what their true likes and dislikes are. My son will not eat potatoes or sweet potatoes. My daughter won't eat tomatoes. Both kids dislike cooked mushrooms, onions and peppers (I think it's a texture issue).

Now that I am doing IP, I have cut out carbs and sugar for me. My family eats what I eat + I serve them a portion of healthy starches with their dinner. There are a few treats around the house but not too many and they are only for dessert and not to eat all day every day. I encourage healthy snacks (fruit, vegetables, healthy starches high in fiber or dairy products). I am okay with that although I am really looking forward to having some of those things again in phase 3.

Note that a very important thing to remember is that this is not a forever diet. It has a beginning, a middle and an end. You are not depriving yourself. You are chosing to forego certain foods for a certain amount of time in order to rest your pancreas and allow your body to relearn how to process these foods properly. Once you have reached your goal, you will reintroduce your favorite foods again in a healthy way.

If you have not done so, please read the book, available as a free PDF, by following the link in the introduction of each daily chat threat. It will explain everything very clearly and I am sure will help you to decide if this diet is really for you or not.

If you decide to join us on this journey, there is lots of encouragement and support on this board!

You can do this!
thank you so much for those tips and replying in a positive way . Im def gonna keep those in mind, I appreciate it
Old 05-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

You are most welcome! I just hope that it is helpful to you.

About kids and food: I forgot to mention, I normally do not make separate meals for my kids (except the odd time that they really don't like what we are having). We have a rule at our house: if you don't want to eat what's for dinner, you can have cereal. It is a complete meal and they won't go to bed hungry. I think I've served about 5 bowls of it total in our life as a family. If it happened more often, I might reconsider but it works for us!

Also, on my second day of IP, I wanted to quit. I was scared about ketosis and about this being unhealthy and I was panicking! My husband was so supportive and told me to give it two weeks before deciding. I also decided that I know how to listen to my body and that if it made me sick beyond the first week, I could quit at the first signs of something being wrong. I am not giving up my own free will. I need to give it an honest go!

Well, wouldn't you know, aside from the weight loss, I've seen a drastic reduction in my anxiety (I've taken a total of 3 sedatives since being on IP - one was the day of a death in the family), a reduction in depression, a disappearance of my insomnia, my complexion has cleared, my seasonal allergies are far less (I usually get really sick around the month of April and I did not this year), I deal with stress much better and I am far less overwhelmed in general (particularly with the children: one is ADHD and the other has a Sensory Processing Disorder and is at risk for ADHD but is too young to diagnose at the moment but is showing signs of it). These were very happy surprises for me! ...but now I wonder if I don't have a gluten and/or sucrose intolerance (I am already lactose and fructose intolerant). I will have to see what happens when I reach the later phases and reintroduce certain foods.

If I do have additional food intolerances, I will have to look into them in my children too as they may have them too and it may be causing some of their issues (or making them worse).

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-28-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:38 AM   #83  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
not to be rude, but...
this may not be the plan for you if you can't stick to it the first week, I would think real hard maybe there is a more flexible diet for you. I hope you continue but really there are NO CHEATS on this diet, it works if you follow it. There has been way too much talk about I cheated here and I cheated there. This protocol works when you follow the guidelines, if you can't it may not be right for you. It is a hard diet if you make it a hard diet. There is also the money aspect in it, it is not a cheap diet to be cheating. Also there is a health issue it is not good to go into Ketosis and out of ketosis this is hard on your organs. I know you aren't in ketosis yet, which I guess if there was a good time to cheat...but maybe write down on a piece of paper the pros and the cons of this diet and if the cons out way the pros than not for you. Now if the PROS outway the cons... then post this list where you are likely to see it when you go in search of a snack or whatever you are cheating on. I know it is hard when you have a family that is eating differently than you. My first day a friend had sweet potatoe fries and dessert right in front of me... and when we go out still that happens. I needed this diet, and if you do too nothing will stop you. I bake all the time for the office and yes it is hard but it took me a long time to get FAT as well, it will take time to lose the fat. This is a journey and not a sprint.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings but someone has to say something. With all the encouragement that is on this forum that should give you motivation and just wanting to lose the weight. Welcome and hope to hear of your sucess.

Rollercoaster - Well said I have been on here since Jan and to be perfectly honest I do not post on the daily threads anymore because of all the cheating going on. I know we are here to support each other but at the same time seeing those cheating is hard for us that work so hard daily to stay on plan. So no you are not being rude. The truth hurts sometimes...kudos to you for speaking up.

Last edited by Beachbella; 05-28-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
You are most welcome! I just hope that it is helpful to you.

About kids and food: I forgot to mention, I normally do not make separate meals for my kids (except the odd time that they really don't like what we are having). We have a rule at our house: if you don't want to eat what's for dinner, you can have cereal. It is a complete meal and they won't go to bed hungry. I think I've served about 5 bowls of it total in our life as a family. If it happened more often, I might reconsider but it works for us!

Also, on my second day of IP, I wanted to quit. I was scared about ketosis and about this being unhealthy and I was panicking! My husband was so supportive and told me to give it two weeks before deciding. I also decided that I know how to listen to my body and that if it made me sick beyond the first week, I could quit at the first signs of something being wrong. I am not giving up my own free will. I need to give it an honest go!

Well, wouldn't you know, aside from the weight loss, I've seen a drastic reduction in my anxiety (I've taken a total of 3 sedatives since being on IP - one was the day of a death in the family), a reduction in depression, a disappearance of my insomnia, my complexion has cleared, my seasonal allergies are far less (I usually get really sick around the month of April and I did not this year), I deal with stress much better and I am far less overwhelmed in general (particularly with the children: one is ADHD and the other has a Sensory Processing Disorder and is at risk for ADHD but is too young to diagnose at the moment but is showing signs of it). These were very happy surprises for me! ...but now I wonder if I don't have a gluten and/or sucrose intolerance (I am already lactose and fructose intolerant). I will have to see what happens when I reach the later phases and reintroduce certain foods.

If I do have additional food intolerances, I will have to look into them in my children too as they may have them too and it may be causing some of their issues (or making them worse).
Since I have been on IP I have also noticed improvements in all of those things! Another thing I have notice is that I rarely have (sorry if this is TMI) gas. I think that I have some kind of food allergy, and as I add things back I hope to figure out what is causing that. The odd thing is that before IP, brocoli would just tear me up, but it doesn't anymore!!

And as far as feeding kids what we eat, I do the same and think that is fantastic. Mine get some different things for breakfast and lunch that include healthy carbs, but for dinner they have what I have. At first they complained, they said they would never eat this or that. But the other day I was making mashed cauliflower for dinner, and I heard one of them say, "Yes! I love mashed cauliflower!" They even request that we have big mac in a bowl, and turnips all the time. They have really opened up, and love most of what I make for dinner.

This is about lifetime changes for all of us.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:20 AM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I accidentally put myself in starvation mode yesterday. We made an unexpected trip out of town to go camping with my parents and sister and I didn't realize it was 5pm when we left! I usually eat dinner between 5:30 and 6pm. I stopped at 8:30 to pick up food for the girls and got a water since I know that place puts sugar in everything. I didn't get to eat until 9:30pm. By then I was feeling pretty sick as I'd only had breakfast and lunch packets, no veggies even. I tried to eat but threw up. Bummer. Today is much better thankfully!

I really feel like I got my focus back after seeing that 168 on the scale. As hungry as I was and as bad as the somach cramps were, I didn't want to sabotage myself. I was 100% OP but I didn't cheat either. I'm 100% back in the game!

Best part is that I'm only 4 lbs from weighing less than DH!
I have done this a couple times myself. I know how bad you felt! I really try to plan so this doesn't happen, but you do the best you can with what you have. It's unfortunate that most healthy foods are not convenient. But now I will stop at a grocery store and get some raw broccoli or something to eat while I am running around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Kids need carbs. Their bodies are just balls of energy..constantly moving and burning, and their brains are growing and carbs are the easiest form of nutrient to be processed for the brain.

I too have a home daycare. I have 4 kids of my own plus 3 more. I am around food constantly! I am more important then a taste of their snack!!!!!!! I made this decision to lose weight. I've worked hard to get where I am, and I am keeping my eyes on the goal.

As the saying goes: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

I am in this to win. I can not be the heavy, unhappy person I was before.

Each day I start the day with the goal to better myself.

My decisions are my own, no one else can make them, or do this for me.
Great attitude! I think as mothers and caregivers we often think of ourselves as less important than those we love and take care of. It is hard to get out of that mindset! I need to remind myself that I am important, and deserve to be happy and healthy too!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
Hi all I PLANNED on starting Tuesday but I cheated everyday since!! So Im really gonna dig my heels in, buy all the veggies and protein supplements to do this RIGHT with no cheats!!! Im so inspired by all of you.... I hear the first week is the hardest so I can get through this week I should be ok. I have two small children and theres always food around so this is gonna be tough but Im so tired of this weight and need to make a change. I need to not look at what Im giving up and look at it as to what I will be gaining....
You can do it!!

When I started, I committed to myself that I was going to get through the first two weeks. That's all I focused on was two weeks. By the end of two weeks, it was easy to commit to the next week and the week after that etc. I had thought I would cheat on my birthday, and on my daughter's bday, but when they arrived I didn't even want to, it just didn't seem worth it to me.

Change is hard! And they say it takes 21 days to make new habits. Just remember that you are worth it! And envision how proud you and your family will be of your changes!

Last edited by brandam6; 05-28-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:36 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahecasmart View Post
Well, I did my first "official" weigh-in today. I'm doing IP with some alternative products. I "kinda" did it for about 4 days before "formally" starting last Friday. It's been a tough week, particularly with the long weekend thrown in, but I did it! And the results prove it.. I'm down 6.5 pounds!

DH started on Tuesday, and it is so much easier for me now that he and I are eating the same things and having his support is priceless.

Ladies, can I ask you to send out some prayers, or whatever good vibes you believe in? I work at a High School in Ottawa, and there was a terrible accident at one of our sister schools yesterday. An 18-year old student was working on a project in shop class when an oil tank exploded. He had no vital signs at the scene, was resucitated, and then passed away last night. The teacher, as well as a few other students were treated for non-life-threatening injuries. As you can imagine, it's been a devastating blow to the school and the community.
Do you not have a clinic near you...the products really are different...I hope you can find one...Have a great weekend
Old 05-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alally View Post
Thanks for the words of welcome and encouragement. I met with my coach today and she is awesome! I'm feeling very psyched.

Ann
You think your excited now..just wait it gets better and better..have a great journey....

Old 05-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Hey lady...very exciting about your opening. The personal trainer that has been working with our small work group since January does a "hottie body" type bust your butt workout.....I can't believe how muscular I am after 24 weeks without missing class (2X a week)...very proud of that accomplishment. Well, I am enjoying phase 2 and actually losing...so that is very awesome. Stay well....may be flying into San Antonio at some point to see my daughter...if I do...I will check out your new clinic.
Oh thats would be great...I'll give you my number and you can call me...
today my legs are sooo sore..makes me want to exercise more..i'm really loving the next phase of my life...
Did I tell you my son and his wife in Albany are going to make me a grand mother again...they have 4 children...and have decided to adopt 2 chhildren from Ethiopia...wow 6 kids ...so the chapters in my life are changing and I love it..
Old 05-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #90  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. It has been awhile since I posted, but I do read the chats when I can. We are quite busy getting ready for my son's wedding, which is three weeks from today. We are excited to have another daughter-in-law and it will be a great celebration

I just want to try to encourage anyone who is thinking of cheating (even just a little bit) to please rethink that. I have to tell you, I feel so good since I have lost my weight -- physically, mentally, emotionally -- and there is a reason why you started this diet. It was because you were not happy with the way you were feeling to begin with. I have been on Phase IV since the week of Easter and since then I have had plenty of times to overeat and indulge -- which I did not. I had Easter dinner, a bridal shower, Mother's Day, my son's and grandson's birthdays, a fundraiser and more -- all in the last few weeks. I have had to be very careful -- but trust me, it is worth it (I have this really cute dress to wear to the wedding). Please try to stick with it -- you will be so happy that you did. And almost every month of the year has a holiday or time that we, as Americans (and I am sure as Canadians) enjoy food so there is not the "perfect time" to start a diet. If you don't do that for a few months (short term), you will enjoy the rest of your life (long term)!

One thing that is easier for me than for you ladies and gentleman who have young children, is that it is just me and my husband who live in our house -- our sons are grown. But my husband and I decided to continue to eat our meals like Ideal Protein in the evening -- protein, fresh veggies and salad. Of course, we can add a few things occasionally that are not OP, but we love that way of eating. And we feel that if we stick to that it will help our health in the long run because we want to enjoy our grandson and upcoming grandchildren. After the investment in IP, I certainly do not want to gain it back so it makes sense to try to eat healthy. When you are on Phase IV can you have the occasionally treat? Certainly, but it doesn't have to be a daily ritual - that is what I learned from IP. That food does not control what I do and it doesn't control me anymore.

This is a great support group and I hope I haven't stepped on anybody's toes. But please hang in there -- it is well worth it!
Closed Thread