Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
You know what? I don't know if it's just a psychological thing, but I've been noticing that for me, too! By the time my lunch break rolls around at noon, I already have a hunger headache. I thought it was something I was doing wrong, but then I noticed it doesn't happen when I have eggs (it actually does happen with shakes for me).

At the same time, though, when I eat eggs, I mix them with a cup of vegetables, so I'm actually eating more. Maybe if I just have a small amount of vegetables with my breakfast, I'll feel better. Who knows?
I found the same thing. Today was the first day I had oatmeal and I find I'm getting hungry whereas the past 2 days I've had protein shakes and I've felt satisfied right through the morning. I think I'll keep Oatmeal for lunch or afternoon snack
Old 05-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #32  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
For me, my jeans are getting really baggy in the Legs and butt!! But still fit pretty much the same in the waist area but they'll get there. My shirts feel baggier too. I don't see much more in my face, which is where I drop weight first, but coming from already losing 60+ lbs to this diet...my face has already shrunk a lot.

Today I was ravenous at breakfast time. Usually I could leave breakfast, and care less about it...but today I had a pancake instead of a shake because I felt like I needed more.

Have a good day today all!
mine are baggy in the hips butt and legs as well, my waist is just hanging onto that fat for dear life, I now have size 18, 16 and 14 pants. But I am able to wear wranglers for the first time in YEARS, guess the weight just shifted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflow321 View Post
Hi! I've been a lurker for about a week, but have really enjoyed the support I've gotten just from reading! I started IP a week ago, and have already had my first NSV! I put on a pair of jeans one size smaller than I've been wearing! Woo! I'm really excited to be here, so thanks for having me!
That is great, what a difference a week makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
It is sooo motivating to read about everyone's success.. I am down 18 pounds in 3 weeks, and I am pretty excited about wearing pants this week that I haven't gotten into in a looooong time! hahaha! Haven't cheated yet, and going to not cheat by having some rutabaga fries tonight with dinner! Yum!
Congrats and welcome, I will have to try rutabaga fries since I always have turnip fries.. may be a nice change.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #33  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

I love this site and that when I am struggling I can come and get energized to do what I know is best for me and my body. I'm completely on plan and sitting at my desk eating celery as we speak, downing my second water bottle of water.

Thanks for always being here and encouraging me.

Sidenote...I guess I am a little crabby as I am trying to get into ketosis and my son said to me the other night, "Mom if you were a dinosaur, you would be a moody-sassy-crankadactyl!"

I laughed so incredibly hard and made up my mind to be NICE!

Last edited by carlasherea; 05-18-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #34  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I know there has been some unfavorable reviews of the soy patty -but I have found a way to make it appetizing and to give those of us who have been on this diet for awhile some "change" this makes a great lunch

Taco Salad -- ala the Soy Patty

Mix Taco/chili/bbq (some, one or all) into the soy patty mix - I use Penzey's Chili con carne and Chili 3000
add the suggested water
Add a few tablespoons of juice from a jar of jalepenos (I LOVE Mrs. Renfros)
Add a tsp of canned green chilies (this is optional)
A tsp of canned adobo peppers with sauce (again optional)

Mix and let sit for 5 minutes or so

In the mean time - chop up your salad fixings (I use romaine, arugula, cucumbers, celery, mushrooms, green onions, cilantro, jalapenos)

Make your taco salad dressing - (WF ketchup mixed with a splash of cider vinegar, a bit of olive oil, Franks hot sauce, chipotle flavored Tabasco sauce)

Cook the patty -- when finished cooking crumble it, toss it in with the salad and pour on the dressing add squeeze of lime for fun

Optional - add a few TBS of Salsa (this is an occasional so be careful)

This makes a GREAT dinner or a fix ahead lunch (just don't dress the salad until you are ready to eat it - otherwise you get soggy lettuce - YUCK)

Just thought I would pass it on - and say I am excited about having a salad for lunch now that summer is almost here (cannot stomach the thought of soup on those hot humid DC summer days)

I know this should go on the recipe thread but since it is new and getting a mixed review I thought I would at least post it here to defend my new favorite lunch -- it is like having 2 meat meals (ahhhh the thoughts of Phase II)
What a great recipe! Thanks. Don't you love Penzey's spices? I love their Sunny Spain. It's yummy on sauteed veggies. I even sprinkle it on my salads. For anyone interested, the website is penzeys-dot-com.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #35  

darbs7,
I haven't figured out how to copy your message in my reply, but thanks for your post about not quitting. I just finished week 2. I'm doing well, but the past couple of days have been difficult. I've been craving a lot. But you're right, nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels. I hope I can stick it out for a couple of more weeks. Or even longer. But right now I am taking it one week at a time.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by locks
NSV, I think lol, a patient I hadnt seen before xmas whispered to me,,,,,where did I have my cosmetic surgery done LOL, I was like what, where hhaha, she said my face was so different and skin seemed to glow that I must have done something lol..I told her no..............lost a ton of weight so I guess I lost my happy cheeks top and bottom lol...made me smile for the rest of the night, then I ran to the bathroom to check my face. I didnt see a change at all lol.....One other patient didnt know who I was, asked for the english hygienist, I said thats me....she said noooo she was bigger lol I checked her document, said no......its me LOL, she said omg!! She thought I melted, I said I guess some parts kind of did, for us its a slow battle, but others it seems fast.
Seems so different to be on the losing side of weight, I remember seeing friends who lost weight and looked so good, kind of like a slap in the face for me you know. A crude reality check, but I guess not crude enough for would have done something long before now!

Oh what a GREAT story! Don't you love it?

Next summer is my college reunion. No one knows that I started this 4 weeks ago and it will be my little secret until then. I have gained over 100pounds since graduating and many saw me as my 'other fat self' at the last reunion. I'm sure tongues wagged (I went to a women's college--do they even have them anymore/). Next year, when I appear, things will definitely be different! That will be the brass ring, for sure! Thanks for letting me share.
You should take lots of pics, to see how their tongues wag now LOL
Old 05-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I know there has been some unfavorable reviews of the soy patty -but I have found a way to make it appetizing and to give those of us who have been on this diet for awhile some "change" this makes a great lunch

Taco Salad -- ala the Soy Patty

Mix Taco/chili/bbq (some, one or all) into the soy patty mix - I use Penzey's Chili con carne and Chili 3000
add the suggested water
Add a few tablespoons of juice from a jar of jalepenos (I LOVE Mrs. Renfros)
Add a tsp of canned green chilies (this is optional)
A tsp of canned adobo peppers with sauce (again optional)

Mix and let sit for 5 minutes or so

In the mean time - chop up your salad fixings (I use romaine, arugula, cucumbers, celery, mushrooms, green onions, cilantro, jalapenos)

Make your taco salad dressing - (WF ketchup mixed with a splash of cider vinegar, a bit of olive oil, Franks hot sauce, chipotle flavored Tabasco sauce)

Cook the patty -- when finished cooking crumble it, toss it in with the salad and pour on the dressing add squeeze of lime for fun

Optional - add a few TBS of Salsa (this is an occasional so be careful)

This makes a GREAT dinner or a fix ahead lunch (just don't dress the salad until you are ready to eat it - otherwise you get soggy lettuce - YUCK)

Just thought I would pass it on - and say I am excited about having a salad for lunch now that summer is almost here (cannot stomach the thought of soup on those hot humid DC summer days)

I know this should go on the recipe thread but since it is new and getting a mixed review I thought I would at least post it here to defend my new favorite lunch -- it is like having 2 meat meals (ahhhh the thoughts of Phase II)
I like the soy patty taco salad as well! I made the chili taco salad last week and I find them very comparable to each other but the soy patty is unrestricted and to my way of thinking better because of that!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday everyone! I am really hoping our weather in CT will start turning better because I am starting to get tired and have not been tired for the 37 days that I have been on this diet. Before I left for work this AM, I noticed our pond flooded into half of my garden; I am hoping that my veggie plants make it! I am sure that the few seeded veggies will be washed away, but no biggie,,, I can replant Friday and they are less work and less expensive then the veggie plants. I'm going to Kohls tonight to do a bit of shopping for new shirts for a 3day business mtg I have in DC next week. I am taking the train from New London, CT so that I can bring a cooler of veggies... Well about to go for my 4 mile power walk so everyone have a great OP day!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Today I woke up hungry so opted for the oatmeal and was so pleased with how good it is with cinnamon & nutmeg- it definitely killed my hunger pangs.
I was between a 14 & 12 when I started this program and had an NSV yesterday when the brand new size 12 shorts I bought were loose and positively baggy by the end of the day! What a great feeling Wishing everyone a positive OP day!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #40  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Just checking in to say hello. Wanted to let you guys know I am still around and still on IP. Just chatting it up on another thread with IP forum.

Good luck to all NSV's and weight losses today! Have a great day!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #41  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday pretty much made up my mind -- I doubt I'll be a hospital nurse because I really enjoy community nursing! Especially with moms&babes! You still get to do skills too - IM/SQ injections, removal of staples/sutures, dressing changes (ESP for Csection moms).

Anyway, I've been OP for over 3 weeks now. WI is tomorrow. I'm going to go meet an old friend this morning, then I have class, have to phone my home visit family and then some homework.

Had a pretty wicked headache last night. Woke up in the middle of the night with it. But thankfully it's gone away. That's one thing I suffer from on this diet - crazy headaches occasionally.

Well hope everyone has a good day! Take care!!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I got up this morning, weighed myself and it said 172! I'm not counting what the scake says until my at home WI this afternoon but I haven't seen that number in forever! I can't believe I'll be in the 160's soon. It feels like a dream. Honestly, if you had of told me in January before I ever heard of IP that I could weigh what I do now, and that my goal isn't unattainable, I wouldn't have believed you.

I also managed to stay OP this week! No extra restricted!! I also tried asparagus last night and it was actually good. I switched to splenda from stevia and it's so much better. Thank God. I had almost given up on rhubarb. It's my favorite now!

I hope everyone has a great OP day today!

Last edited by AprilH3; 05-18-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 260/170/170

I tried the rhubarb "applesauce" that was posted on the daily thread a couple days ago (sorry, can't remember exactly when) last night. SO. GOOD. I am addicted. My husband had collected a bunch of rhubarb from his parents garden last summer and froze it for pies, but the pies never came. I told him his stash was in very serious danger. haha. He told me that was fine, that it's good that it's getting used anyway. Besides, there will be a lot more in a few months.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaArr View Post
I tried the rhubarb "applesauce" that was posted on the daily thread a couple days ago (sorry, can't remember exactly when) last night. SO. GOOD. I am addicted. My husband had collected a bunch of rhubarb from his parents garden last summer and froze it for pies, but the pies never came. I told him his stash was in very serious danger. haha. He told me that was fine, that it's good that it's getting used anyway. Besides, there will be a lot more in a few months.
I'm addicted too! I love it! It's getting hard to find around here. I've never seen it frozen in the stores before either. I hope my local stores stock up soon!!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #45  
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

S/C/G: 181/162/145

Thanks everybody for all the support and a great welcome! It's been a fantastic day so far; almost time for lunch! What's everybody eating for lunch today? I will take some chicken soup and some steamed cauliflower. Speaking of which, does anyone know of a good table to measure carbs in veggies? The one I got with the program is okay, but when it refers to "6 each" of cauliflower, I don't know what it means.
Closed Thread