Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Quote:
Oh, yes! Please take those pictures. You are such a pretty girl and I know that the change will be GREAT. It will really motivate us to follow your wonderful progress. I love your description of your 'marionette face." I want to look less like Howdy Doody myself (for you youngsters, he was a very famous puppet that had his own tv program back in the dark ages of televison). These 'chubby cheeks' and chin just have to go!

As for the boobs... I am reminded by something that the comic Rosanne once said about a conversation she once had with her young daughter. One day, as she was getting dressed, her daughter walked in and said, Mommy, when I grow up I want to have boobs just like yours." Rosanne said, "Honey, why would you want boobs like mine?" Her daughter replied, "Because they're so nice and loooooooooooooooooong!"

Well.... I thought it was funny at the time, but actually having boobs that are "nice and looooooooooooong" isn't very much fun. Especially when you have to roll them up like a pair of socks to get them in your bra! Thanks for the wonderful motivation. Have a wonderful day!
Thank you so much for the compliment!

I will try and get some pics by the end of the weekend... weekdays are too hectic (I have tap class tonight).

You are too funny (Howdy Doody, Roseanne)! I love it!

I hope you have a great day too!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 283/235/190

Height: 5'11

It has been a strange day today. I have been doing IP for just over 3 weeks. I haven't cheated once and have continually lost weight. For the past week I have been feeling great about myself - wearing nicer clothes, having lots of confidence liking what I see in the mirros. Today for some reason I just feel a bit down. looked in the mirror and just saw a fat kid. Its strange.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I love this site and that when I am struggling I can come and get energized to do what I know is best for me and my body. I'm completely on plan and sitting at my desk eating celery as we speak, downing my second water bottle of water.

Thanks for always being here and encouraging me.

Sidenote...I guess I am a little crabby as I am trying to get into ketosis and my son said to me the other night, "Mom if you were a dinosaur, you would be a moody-sassy-crankadactyl!"

I laughed so incredibly hard and made up my mind to be NICE!
OMG that is one of the funniest things I've ever heard LOLOL

Day 2 for me, back on plan and feeling good Got a bit of a headache though, which wasn't completely unexpected. I just want this first week to go by fast LOL.
Congrats on all the NSV's and awesome weigh ins, have a great day all!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
mine are baggy in the hips butt and legs as well, my waist is just hanging onto that fat for dear life, I now have size 18, 16 and 14 pants. But I am able to wear wranglers for the first time in YEARS, guess the weight just shifted.

That is great, what a difference a week makes.
Yay for getting into the wranglers, damn on that waist! Are you pleading with it yet? "let goooo let it gooooooo" maybe then it will listen.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #65  

OK so I am 9 days on the program and I had my first serious NSV. I fit into my Smallest size 16 jeans today, buttoned up and comfortable to sit in. When I started this program I couldn't even squeeze into them. I ordered these Jeans 8 months ago and when I got them they fit so small I never wore them but kept them with the incentive to loose the weight and now they are on!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #66  

I had WI#7 today I was a little dicouraged but she said it is TOM and the inches tell the story, I was down another 2 inches and down 1 pound, I realize it is a pound I was just hoping for a minimum of 3, so I am going to work my butt off for a big number like 5 to compensate next week.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Official WI #8 puts me at 4.2lbs down. I fudged last weeks number a bit. It was 178.2 and that made me mad so I counted it as 177 since without jeans that's what it would have been! Oh well. I'm very happy with those results and will continue to keep my restricted to once per day like I've been doing. It's a good first week of my mini goal!

I have the opposite issue some of you are having. My waist and muffin top area have shrank quite a bit but my tookus and legs are not shrinking nearly as fast. Isn't it interesting how everyone's body loses differently?

I always measure my rhubarb chopped and then cook it. That way I don't end up with too much. I measure everything raw since it changes so much after it cooks. I do need to keep the splenda carbs in mind though! Thanks!

I have a question. Since my EAS shakes have 2 carbs, if I have pancakes, 6-7 carbs or oatmeal, 6 carbs and a shake for lunch will that help keep me from getting too many carbs in a day? I do have a restricted item after dinner for my snack, no more than 17 carbs I believe. Is is carbs per meal or carbs per day?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #68  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Today was weigh in #10 and I've flushed another 4.4#!!
I am so excited!
I recently ordered some new ProtiDiet foods from Nashua Nutrition. I lurve the maple oatmeal! It's always fun to add some new variety into this diet.

I love to read how you all are doing......I don't post often, but am here just about every day.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #69  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekaba View Post
Today was weigh in #10 and I've flushed another 4.4#!!
I am so excited!
I recently ordered some new ProtiDiet foods from Nashua Nutrition. I lurve the maple oatmeal! It's always fun to add some new variety into this diet.

I love to read how you all are doing......I don't post often, but am here just about every day.
Congrats!! That's awesome!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Height: 5'6"

How many aspargus spears makes a cup?? Any Ideas?
Old 05-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #71  
Start: 4-20-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
According the Answers.com...

Calories in asparagus

In boiled or steamed asparagus there are:
•6 calories in each ounce or 28g
•13 calories in small serving of 4 average spears (2.11 oz or 60g)
•24 calories in a 4 oz or 114g serving
•36 calories in a serving of 8 average spears (4.2 oz or 120g)
•36 calories in a 6 oz or 170g serving
•48 calories in an 8 oz or 227g serving
•20 calories in a ½ cup of asparagus (3.2 oz 90g)
40 calories in a 1 cup of asparagus

Of course, that depends, too, on the size of the asparagus. It's better to use the weight of 6.4oz 180g

Last edited by BROWNEYES47; 05-18-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 05-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #72  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I have a question. Since my EAS shakes have 2 carbs, if I have pancakes, 6-7 carbs or oatmeal, 6 carbs and a shake for lunch will that help keep me from getting too many carbs in a day? I do have a restricted item after dinner for my snack, no more than 17 carbs I believe. Is is carbs per meal or carbs per day?
Well, the IP chocolate pancakes/crepes/orange pancakes are considered a restricted item, so if you are having them (as opposed to another brand's pancakes), then you are having 2 restricted items in a day. Otherwise, no, I think you're fine. As long as you stick to the guidelines of either 3 non-restricted packets or 2 non-restricted/1 restricted + your veggies, you should be fine carb-wise.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 214/200.5/145

Height: 5'4

Just out of curiousity...as a female I am guessing you lose weight in all places but after you get near to your goal weight do you loose a lot of weight in your chest? Loosing the weight is worth it either way but just wondering if you stay around your original porportions or end up just being "skinny" all around?
Old 05-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflow321 View Post
Thanks CinnamonSparkles! I think I get the cauliflower now, and the chart you sent was even more complete than the one my coach gave me. Hand-hearts!
Sure! Glad it helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
OK so I am 9 days on the program and I had my first serious NSV. I fit into my Smallest size 16 jeans today, buttoned up and comfortable to sit in. When I started this program I couldn't even squeeze into them. I ordered these Jeans 8 months ago and when I got them they fit so small I never wore them but kept them with the incentive to loose the weight and now they are on!
Woot! I'm so happy for you! That's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
I'd use 6 asparagus spears to a cup. That's my guesstimate. I'd put the spears in a dry measuring cup and fill it halfway, spears sticking out the top. However many that is, use that many.

Whoever was confused about the chart I posted, don't even worry about it if you don't want to. I use a dry measuring cup and just stuff the veggies in it. 2 cups at lunch and 2 cups at dinner and you are set. The chart is more if you are curious how many carbs you are getting. But if you eat veggies on the Phase 1 list, just measure them. Also a fist is about a cup, if that helps you more to measure.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
According the Answers.com...

Calories in asparagus

In boiled or steamed asparagus there are:
•6 calories in each ounce or 28g
•13 calories in small serving of 4 average spears (2.11 oz or 60g)
•24 calories in a 4 oz or 114g serving
•36 calories in a serving of 8 average spears (4.2 oz or 120g)
•36 calories in a 6 oz or 170g serving
•48 calories in an 8 oz or 227g serving
•20 calories in a ½ cup of asparagus (3.2 oz 90g)
40 calories in a 1 cup of asparagus

Of course, that depends, too, on the size of the asparagus. It's better to use

the weight of 6.4oz 180g

YOU ROCK! Thank you!!
Closed Thread