Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #61  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne9597 View Post
Good morning everyone!!

I'm new to this site and this is my first post. I just wanted to introduce myself and hoping to meet alot of people who are in the same boat as myself.

This is week 3 for me. The big day is wednesday for my WI. I've done many diets before and I'm really hoping this is the last one. I had a great W1 and not too bad for W2. Found out a few things that I was doing and shouldn't have. But hey you learn as you go. This is why when I found out about these forums, I joined right away. The more information I can get, the better.

Hope everybody has a great week and great success.

Thanks,

Jo-Anne

W1: lost 9.6 lbs and 18.5 inches
W2: lost 2.2 lbs and 5 inches

Hi Jo-Anne and welcome to our little group.
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #62  
Stempy

S/C/G: 202.4/192.4/130

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 inches

Exactly 1 month on IP for me today According to my scale at home I have lost 15.5lbs....had hoped for more but I am thrilled with 15lbs...my average of on previous eating healthy and working out weight loss methods previously was 5-8lbs a month!

WI #4 today....my coach's scale has my weightloss higher but that is because I weigh with all my clothes on just before dinner, so I know my scale is a more accurate reflection, although her numbers sound better! Will post results after my weigh in
stempy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Congratulations on being so very close to where you want to be- it's very inspiring! Just wondering how difficult it is to stay OP when at your campsite? We are going camping this weekend and we have a camper so I don't think it will be too bad- but do you have any tips?
Thanks!
We have a camper as well, 28 ft, with quad bunks in the back for the two kids and a their sleep overs as well as the master b-room for us. Camping is my absolute fav thing! Our campground is only 12 min from our hourse but seems like a totally different world. It is our weekend treat from end of April through October with maybe a few breaks here and there for Six Flags and other stuff.
So, as far as staying on plan. I dont bring my daily restricted evening snack because I allow myself extra steak or OP Ribs for dinner. If I need to I have my 1/2 IP choc pud mixed with 1/2 NOW Whey Protein and some WF choc syrup as iced coffee at night. I do allow myself up to 5 oz of 69 calorie vodka both Fri and Sat night with my propel Zero. My coach is my BF and we just started to allow this last weekend. If I ever need an emergency snack, I grab about 2oz of Boars Head Blazing Buffalo Chicken or 1 low fat <1 carb string cheese. That is what gets me by! Have fun camping, I cant wait for Friday!!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
I don't know what the RTD drinks from Costco have in them. Just make sure they are splenda or stevia sweetened, have low fat (3g or less), and about 18g protein. Otherwise they will not be similar enough to the IP packets to work on this kind of diet.
The RTD drinks from Costco have 30 g protein, 5 total carbs, 3 total fats, and 1g sugar in the form of sucralose. The each contain 160 calories.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
That's actually how the alternative plan is, if you read the actual alternative plan in the thread. Yeah, it's basically phase II, but you are getting less carb for the most part on that plan, and still works..you just have to stay on it till goal, because there is no phase 2.
Ah! Thanks for the info... I am doing the regular plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
So do you have your lean protein in the morning by eating eggs? Do you then have a lean protein later in the day? That is not phase I either.
You may be right but my coach told me that I could snack on lean cooked ham (watch the sugar and sodium) and/or hard boiled eggs (preferably the whites only) if I get hungry... so I snack in the morning and it seems to have gotten me out of my plateau and to reduce/relieve the afternoon (3-5 p.m.) hunger that I've been having. She never mentioned anything about it being off protocol. I've tested (several times) and I am in ketosis.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-16-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan is Boring View Post
Hiya everyone! I am new to the 3FC site and the IP diet! I just love all the inspiring words and support from fellow IP dieters on here! The ideas and recipes everyone have submitted are amazing!!

I am on day 3 and so far, IP as been amazingly simply!! My first day at IP, during the weigh in, I was over the max weight their scale would read (400 pounds)..... that was very a very sad moment... but it has been nothing but motivation to progress through the IP diet!!! I have always been a big guy, even when I lose the fat I will still be a big guy, I have a massive bone frame and lots of muscle under this body suit. I am very excited to see what is exactly under here!!! We are thinking somewhere in the low 300's I will look my normal non fat size! That means I have roughly 120 pounds to lose.

Very excited to be here and be part of the 3FC community!!
Welcome Dan! We are always happy to see new faces here. Congratulations on your committment. I look forward to hearing from you often.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #67  
SkyGirl

S/C/G: 179/163/110

Height: Five feet one and a half

Default Hello!

Hello everyone, Happy Monday! I've been on IDP for 5 weeks! I went to the introduce yourself thread and posted there, but just wanted to say 'Hi'! Does anyone know if there is a place to go to learn about this website? I'm only interested in the IDP stuff, but am new to this and don't know the differences between forums, threads etc... Anyway been reading through some of the posts, Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!
Kenette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 182/174/150

Height: 5' 6"

Default Week 1

First week on the diet day 4--need to lose 30 to 40. Haven't gotten into ketosis and haven't cheated...Is that normal?
skirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #69  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
You may be right but my coach told me that I could snack on lean cooked ham (watch the sugar and sodium) and/or hard boiled eggs (preferably the whites only) if I get hungry... so I snack in the morning and it seems to have gotten me out of my plateau and to reduce/relieve the afternoon (3-5 p.m.) hunger that I've been having. She never mentioned anything about it being off protocol. I've tested (several times) and I am in ketosis.
Eating more protein should not kick you out of ketosis. I think Juiceman was mainly saying that You are practically doing the same plan she is..just adding protein at a different time.
Some ppl need the extra calories. I'm glad you got past your platue! Good luck
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #70  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Hiya everyone! I am new to the 3FC site and the IP diet! I just love all the inspiring words and support from fellow IP dieters on here! The ideas and recipes everyone have submitted are amazing!!

I am on day 3 and so far, IP as been amazingly simply!! My first day at IP, during the weigh in, I was over the max weight their scale would read (400 pounds)..... that was very a very sad moment... but it has been nothing but motivation to progress through the IP diet!!! I have always been a big guy, even when I lose the fat I will still be a big guy, I have a massive bone frame and lots of muscle under this body suit. I am very excited to see what is exactly under here!!! We are thinking somewhere in the low 300's I will look my normal non fat size! That means I have roughly 120 pounds to lose.

Welcome Dan! You find lots of support and help here. It is also nice to see another male here to continue on with the journey. There are a few of us! Stick to the plan and you will see results and like them. Get through the first few weeks and it is clean sailing from there. I like the results I have gotten from the program.

My father in law was 370+ and started last June. He hit his goal of 240 around March. It works!

Good luck to you in your journey! Welcome again!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #71  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Any part of losing weight is mainly effected by caloric deficit. Following the IP protocol puts us all at a HUGE caloric deficit, thus the pounds come off quickly. Whether we "snack" on egg whites, whole eggs, lean ham, beef jerky....etc. We are adding calories to our daily intake. The more calories you add, the smaller that caloric deficit becomes and weight loss may not be as much. Sure I have these occassionally but when I do, I try to limit them to times I really need them, not when I want them. If I do have extra calories on a normal day, I will do something extra, walk, run, jog or pushups to help burn those extra calories and continue the huge deficit.

Just be cautious and understand how everything works and what we are doing.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #72  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
OMG! I am laughing so hard at the term "out-laws." I haven't laughed this hard in years.

On a more serious note, I am thinking about everyone in the flood-impacted area. I do hope that you get your grandmother out safely and that the impact to the wildlife, homes, and lives, is minimal.
Thanks for the hopes and thoughts. And the out-laws, I think I got that from someone here, lol! I called them that this weekend (to their faces, we get along fine), and they thought it pretty funny, too.

Quote:

Prepare for all of us to be jealous of you. Guys lose so much faster. I can't imagine how you felt at your inital weigh-in (well, I kinda can because I felt so sad, angry, miserable, but hopeful) and I know it was hard, but imagine how good you'll feel when the scale registers numbers. Way to go making a great decision for yourself to start IP! Stick around, get some awesome inspiration from the awesome people on these boards, and don't forget to take your progress pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenette View Post
Hello everyone, Happy Monday! I've been on IDP for 5 weeks! I went to the introduce yourself thread and posted there, but just wanted to say 'Hi'! Does anyone know if there is a place to go to learn about this website? I'm only interested in the IDP stuff, but am new to this and don't know the differences between forums, threads etc... Anyway been reading through some of the posts, Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

On the first page of the forum, you can browse through all the forums. Check out the mini-goal photo album, you'll see a lot of pictures from people on IP. They're really inspiring. Also, bookmark the IP link, that way you can go straight to it. Makes it easier to come here, which helps with your success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirat View Post
First week on the diet day 4--need to lose 30 to 40. Haven't gotten into ketosis and haven't cheated...Is that normal?
It takes 3-5 days to get into ketosis. You may not register on ketostix because of how much water we drink, so don't worry about that. If you are following protocol, you will be there quickly, and dropping the pounds! Some people have ketosis symptoms (bad breath, funny taste, smelly pee, etc.) and some don't. My teeth get "fuzzy" quicker. Lol.
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Eating more protein should not kick you out of ketosis. I think Juiceman was mainly saying that You are practically doing the same plan she is..just adding protein at a different time.
Some ppl need the extra calories. I'm glad you got past your platue! Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Any part of losing weight is mainly effected by caloric deficit. Following the IP protocol puts us all at a HUGE caloric deficit, thus the pounds come off quickly. Whether we "snack" on egg whites, whole eggs, lean ham, beef jerky....etc. We are adding calories to our daily intake. The more calories you add, the smaller that caloric deficit becomes and weight loss may not be as much. Sure I have these occassionally but when I do, I try to limit them to times I really need them, not when I want them. If I do have extra calories on a normal day, I will do something extra, walk, run, jog or pushups to help burn those extra calories and continue the huge deficit.

Just be cautious and understand how everything works and what we are doing.
Thank you for the info and clarification.

Actually, I do lots extra but in little bits: tap dance 2X per week, lots of walking, running errands before work, at lunch time and/or after work, climbing stairs instead of using elevators/escalators whenever reasonable/possible, housework (making lunches, cleaning, cooking, laundry, caring for two young children who have more energy than most - ADHD + Sensory Intergration Disorder) and the list goes on... I also don't drive a car, so just commuting for work every day is extra too in my opinion.

The weekends are usually go-go-go as well... shopping, housework, taking the kids to therapy, taking the kids out to play, etc.

Maybe that's why I feel a need for the extra protein.

I also actually wake up hungry but can't have anything for 1 hour and can't have supplements or a packet for 2 hours due to my thryroid medication, so I am sure that comes into consideration here as well.

I did edit that post to reflect the new information that I just gained from you! You learn something new every day. Next time though, I will leave the advice-giving to the pros!

You guys rock!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-16-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Pxlkitty, love the new pic!! You look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
When the going gets tough, the tough get creative!
This is my new favorite quote! I find that it totally applies to many of us, especially at the start of this diet when we have to figure out how in the world we're going to shove 4 cups of veggies down our throats each day (before we realize that they're actually pretty yummy!).

Quote:

Welcome to the forum and to IP!! It's great to read such a positive post from someone on Day 3. Good luck on your weightloss journey!
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Thank you for the info and clarification.

Actually, I do lots extra but in little bits: tap dance 2X per week, lots of walking, running errands before work, at lunch time and/or after work, climbing stairs instead of using elevators/escalators whenever reasonable/possible, housework (making lunches, cleaning, cooking, laundry, caring for two young children who have more energy than most - ADHD + Sensory Intergration Disorder) and the list goes on... I also don't drive a car, so just commuting for work every day is extra too in my opinion.

The weekends are usually go-go-go as well... shopping, housework, taking the kids to therapy, taking the kids out to play, etc.

Maybe that's why I feel a need for the extra protein.

I also actually wake up hungry but can't have anything for 1 hour and can't have supplements or a packet for 2 hours due to my thryroid medication, so I am sure that comes into consideration here as well.

I did edit that post to reflect the new information that I just gained from you! You learn something new every day. Next time though, I will leave the advice-giving to the pros!

You guys rock!
I switched to taking my thyroid medicine at night. I find that helps me so I can eat right away in the morning. I was really dragging, especially during my morning walks. Sounds like you have a lot of physical activity too, so maybe try taking your thyroid meds at night? It really made a difference (for me) being able to eat and not having to wait.
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote