Old 05-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #1  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default Monday, May 9th daily chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Weekend chat

Last edited by darbs7; 05-09-2011 at 08:39 AM.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #2  

Well, I figured it was almost 9am and there was no daily chat so I started one up. Sorry there are no bells and whistles...clearly I am "daily chat thread starter challenged...LOL"

I hope everyone has a great day. I am starting phase 3 on June 13th no matter what, it will be my 9 month mark. I am really excited to work hard at keeping it off and getting in great physical shape.

I am nervous, but I am confident that I have learned so much over these months to help me do this. The losing part is probably the easy part. Now I can see if I really have changed.

Congrats to everyone who had a wonderful Mother's Day
Old 05-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #3  
Start: 4-20-11

I'm losing slowly. Sometimes I let it get me down-- like yesterday. It was Mother's Day and my son and his wife chose to visit HER mother, who lives almost 30 miles on the other side of town, and even though they passed within 3/4 mile from my home, they didn't stop by. He finally called me at 5pm to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. He'd been with his mother-in-law's family all day and actually called me from their home. When he finally did call, I told him that it was a nice surprise. His reply was, "Well, Mom, how could I forget with all the advertisements about 'send you mother flowers or candy and such for Mother's Day? I'd be a terrible son if I didn't call you." (so where are MY flowers??? huh?) I've been really bummed out since then. My daughter-in-law never even got on the phone. I guess she was too busy with HER mother. I'm not trying to be in competition with anyone, but my feelings are really hurt. If I hadn't given birth to my son, to whom would she be married?

So... all that... and after about 19 days on the program, I've only lost 9 pounds. My doctor said I could lose 5 each week, so what gives? While I'm not on the IP program, she did give me a version of it. I'm doing everything but using the IP products, plus I'm not allowed anything but the basic program--no optionals, just 2 shakes, 4 veggies and salad out the ying yang! I'm really trying to be good about this. I've not cheated once, but I'm so tired of the same ole things after almost 3 weeks and I've got so much more weight to lose! So... today I'm having my own little pitty party. I'm sorry to dump this on you, but sometimes life just isn't fair, I guess.

Thanks for reading...
BROWNEYES47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
I'm losing slowly. Sometimes I let it get me down-- like yesterday. It was Mother's Day and my son and his wife chose to visit HER mother, who lives almost 30 miles on the other side of town, and even though they passed within 3/4 mile from my home, they didn't stop by. He finally called me at 5pm to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. He'd been with his mother-in-law's family all day and actually called me from their home. When he finally did call, I told him that it was a nice surprise. His reply was, "Well, Mom, how could I forget with all the advertisements about 'send you mother flowers or candy and such for Mother's Day? I'd be a terrible son if I didn't call you." (so where are MY flowers??? huh?) I've been really bummed out since then. My daughter-in-law never even got on the phone. I guess she was too busy with HER mother. I'm not trying to be in competition with anyone, but my feelings are really hurt. If I hadn't given birth to my son, to whom would she be married?

So... all that... and after about 19 days on the program, I've only lost 9 pounds. My doctor said I could lose 5 each week, so what gives? While I'm not on the IP program, she did give me a version of it. I'm doing everything but using the IP products, plus I'm not allowed anything but the basic program--no optionals, just 2 shakes, 4 veggies and salad out the ying yang! I'm really trying to be good about this. I've not cheated once, but I'm so tired of the same ole things after almost 3 weeks and I've got so much more weight to lose! So... today I'm having my own little pitty party. I'm sorry to dump this on you, but sometimes life just isn't fair, I guess.

Thanks for reading...
Sorry about your son. My daughter left a message on my cell phone for me....she lives in Texas and so that is understanable. Right now, she blames me for all her mistakes. She is young and I was ungrateful at her age too. I hope she changes her ways. But it doesn't change the hurt.

Hubby treated me very well for Mother's Day and I enjoyed my mom and my Mother-in-law for the day.

How much do you have to lose? Maybe you should try IP. Here is what you should be doing everyday. Is this what you do?

1 packet for breakfast with your supplements and water

1 packet for lunch with water and lettuce and 2 cups of veggies with 1 tsp of evoo

6-8 ounces of meat at dinner with 2 cups of veggies and lettuce and 1 tsp of evoo

1 packet before bed

Make sure you are getting 100 plus ounces of water (not tea or coffee) a day.

Be very careful with measuring and being exact.

Two of the packets should be non-restricted (around 100-120 calories and no more than 5 carbs)

One of the packets can be restricted (around 160-180 calories and 15 or so carbs)
Old 05-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #5  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Well this morning was my WI #2, lost 5.1 pounds.
I was actually up a pound from yesterday...but whatever

Have a good Monday today everyone!
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning! I was going to start the thread this morning, but I couldn't figure out the "bells and whistles" either. I need to go and find Carla's post with the instructions. Maybe we could have the instructions on it's own thread and keep bumping it up?

Anywho, I am going to be perfectly OP today! I have a short term goal to have 7 "perfect" days in a row. "Perfect" means to me, all vitamins taken, all packets in (at the correct times), and nothing shall enter my mouth that is not allowed!

Hopefully, I can turn this into several weeks. I want to be as good as I was in the beginning!! I can do it!
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #7  

BROWNEYES47 & Darbs, so sorry about your undeserved treatment on Mother's Day... I can see how much it hurts... I was getting a little bummed yesterday too when I hadn't heard from my son by about 4:00... then he called & I found out he had been at the water park all day with my grandson, so all was forgiven... anyway, I hope y'all still had a nice day...

BROWNEYES47, with only 2 shakes, I'm wondering if you're getting enough protein...

Darbs, it looks like the links in the first post didn't copy over... I think I remember Carla saying you have to put them in one by one... but otherwise you did great!.. thanks a bunch for starting the thread!!!..

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Monday! Ok I'm not feeling like happy Monday, but hopefully everyone else is! LOL

I am so tired today. It's totally not typical. It might be TOM looming. I just feel yuck.
Aside from all of that, I too am on the "aspiring for a perfect week" wagon. It all starts with one day- so today I have everything planned out. The hardest part for me will be that I am going to try and break my addiction to restricted items (puffs & bars) by going cold turkey. OMG wish me luck! While I love having access to allowed treats, I hate feeling like they're triggering my disorderd eating! I was like a junkie when I went to the post office to pic up my shipment - that consisted primarily of snacks. Gotta try and fix that.

I hope everyone has a fabulous, OP day- and some sun, cause there is none where I am today. Boo!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Comments for the weekend chat thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
OK...I just tried the IP Chocolate Pancake, what's the trick to making pancakes rather than a pile of mush? I ate it anyways, and it tasted pretty good, but was hoping for more of a "pancake" treat for Mother's Day!
Any suggestions?
Mine have always turned out fine, but I've heard lots of people complain about "mush" pancakes lol. I think what I do is I don't follow the directions. I just leave it on the skillet til it's cooked most of the way through, like I would a regular pancake, then flip it, leave it for a minute or so to finish cooking, and enjoy. The inside ends up being a little dough-y (not like a fluffy Bisquick pancake), but it still tastes yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
I woke up to breakfast in bed. My fiance and daughter came in and gave me a tray with my IP cereal, water, tea, and each bottle of my pills, because he had no idea which ones I took in the morning.
I don't know what it is about that, but I think that is just so adorable!!!! <3

And comments for today's chat thread:

Browneyes, I'm so sorry about your son.... Have you tried gently letting him know? Or maybe letting him know you were really hoping for a visit, and ask why they didn't stop by?

Regarding your weightloss - Women lose an average of 2 to 3 pounds a week, so you're still off to a great start. Ask your doctor if he has a display or something of what 5lbs of fat looks like. Mine has one - it's a couple feet long and probably a foot in diameter, shaped and colored to look like fat, and it's a great visual of what you're losing. You've lost about 2 of those!
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Quote:

Thanks for reading...
I'm sorry to hear that. You are a wonderful mother and I wonder why your son didn't bother to even send flowers? I couldn't see my mother this weekend but I sent her flowers and chocolates. But my bf didn't send his mother anything with the excuse that she is coming back to VA for the summer this week so the flowers would be left in FL (where she lives now). I think that's lame. I don't think men really understand how much women in general like flowers. Some think it is cliche but it's really not! There's a reason that flowers have been given since the middle ages- they are pretty. Sorry about your terrible day yesterday and I hope your day will be better today.

Here's some virtual flowers (even though it says Congrats- Congrats on being on IP and caring for yourself and sharing your expereinces with us. We're here for ya!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Well this morning was my WI #2, lost 5.1 pounds.
I was actually up a pound from yesterday...but whatever

Have a good Monday today everyone!
5.1 pounds is great! Well done! Pat yourself on the back and keep going. Looks like you are doing wonderfully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Good Morning! I was going to start the thread this morning, but I couldn't figure out the "bells and whistles" either. I need to go and find Carla's post with the instructions. Maybe we could have the instructions on it's own thread and keep bumping it up?

Anywho, I am going to be perfectly OP today! I have a short term goal to have 7 "perfect" days in a row. "Perfect" means to me, all vitamins taken, all packets in (at the correct times), and nothing shall enter my mouth that is not allowed!

Hopefully, I can turn this into several weeks. I want to be as good as I was in the beginning!! I can do it!
Good job with staying OP! Woot! 7 days sounds like a great goal for that. And after you hit day 7, might as well keep going, right? But take it 1 day at a time. I also wanted to start the thread but didn't have time this morning to figure it out at 6:30am. Also, I just figured out how to multi-quote, so look at me!

I've been doing phase 3 since Saturday and it's working well. As of today, I'm holding steady at goal weight 133.2. I can't help being a scale hopper. I'm still not completely happy with the size of my stomach and I noticed some fat on my side this morning in the shower, but I'll ramp up my exercise once I hit phase 4 and see if I can get rid of it. Also, I am going to go through my closet this week and will actually get rid of the sizes that are too big (wish me luck!), and send some nice size 8 trousers to my sister who is 3 inches taller than me and proportionally skinnier. She doesn't store fat around her belly button but I do. Grr, how come I get the bene for belly fat? It's really hard to get rid of! Takes a lot of effort. And it's the last place that I lose it from. Someone else was complaining about that in the weekend chat, and I hear you and I'm right there with you. Ok I'm done whining about it, and going on with my day. It's so nice out today and I'm waiting for my formal offer letter so I can give my 2 week notice. I hope they send it to me today!

Have a good day everyone!
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #11  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Happy Monday! Ok I'm not feeling like happy Monday, but hopefully everyone else is! LOL

I am so tired today. It's totally not typical. It might be TOM looming. I just feel yuck.
Aside from all of that, I too am on the "aspiring for a perfect week" wagon. It all starts with one day- so today I have everything planned out. The hardest part for me will be that I am going to try and break my addiction to restricted items (puffs & bars) by going cold turkey. OMG wish me luck! While I love having access to allowed treats, I hate feeling like they're triggering my disorderd eating! I was like a junkie when I went to the post office to pic up my shipment - that consisted primarily of snacks. Gotta try and fix that.

I hope everyone has a fabulous, OP day- and some sun, cause there is none where I am today. Boo!
I'm going to join you in breaking the restricted addiction. I just love my bars!! But I'm a habitual bar binger. I had 3 last night after 9pm. WTH? I had resisted so much this weekend and then 3 bars before bed? Yikes. I'm going to do 1 week no restricteds cold turkey. Let's keep each other accountable!!
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Sorry about your son. My daughter left a message on my cell phone for me....she lives in Texas and so that is understanable. Right now, she blames me for all her mistakes. She is young and I was ungrateful at her age too. I hope she changes her ways. But it doesn't change the hurt.

Hubby treated me very well for Mother's Day and I enjoyed my mom and my Mother-in-law for the day.

How much do you have to lose? Maybe you should try IP. Here is what you should be doing everyday. Is this what you do?

1 packet for breakfast with your supplements and water

1 packet for lunch with water and lettuce and 2 cups of veggies with 1 tsp of evoo

6-8 ounces of meat at dinner with 2 cups of veggies and lettuce and 1 tsp of evoo

1 packet before bed

Make sure you are getting 100 plus ounces of water (not tea or coffee) a day.

Be very careful with measuring and being exact.

Two of the packets should be non-restricted (around 100-120 calories and no more than 5 carbs)

One of the packets can be restricted (around 160-180 calories and 15 or so carbs)
I'm happy to hear your hubby treted you well. That's so important. Mine treated me well, too.

I have about 100 pounds to lose. I, too, am 5'6" but I weigh 277.5. My start weight was 286.5 At this point my small goal is to get under 250 pounds, my larger goal is anything under 200 lbs at the moment.

My shakes have 30 grams of protein. I take them twice a day and then have 5 oz of meat or 7 oz of fish each night. In the morning, I take a shake, vitamins and water; lunch is a shake, 2 veggies, salad, water. For dinner I have meat, 2 veggies, salad, water. I'm drinking nothing but water and I'm a little sick of it. Between that and the shakes--which aren't bad at all--I'm just so bored. I have no idea what the other IP options are for shakes so I should probably get some information. I've read everything there is to read on this board, but still there are so many questions and this all seems so expensive! I also don't have a gall bladder (lost it several years ago when I was on the Optifast diet for 12 weeks-- I lost 60 pounds and the shakes formed crystals in my gall bladder so it had to be removed... nice, huh?) so I'm a little leary of all these shakes since I don't have a gall bladder.

Life isn't fun some days.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
BROWNEYES47 & Darbs, with only 2 shakes, I'm wondering if you're getting enough protein...

hugs

I don't know. Each shake has 30 grams of protein, plus the protein of the meat and/or fish for the evening meal.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #14  

Quote:

Thanks for reading...
As a mother I share your pain! I USED to have MOther's Days like you had and it DOES hurt! I kept thinking, "Huh, I never raised him to be disrespectul especially to ME." I wonder why DIL's are so like this and our sons go along with it? Have a talk with your son and tell him next year you expect to see him in person and how fricken hurt you are! I did and for the last two years they come! I have to *invite* them for a meal but hey they come! They have breakfast with her folks and spend the late afternoon with me!
About the slow weight loss, I was the same way and was on here announcing the *pity party* I would have for myself! Give it some time as now I am FINALLY starting to lose. Maybe some of us lose slower but don't lose faith.
angelbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 283/235/190

Height: 5'11

Hi All. I had a great weekend. I can't believe how much energy I have for how little we really eat.

On Sunday I celebrated Mother's day by making my dear wife breakfast. They (wife and 2 daughters) had italian sausuage, scrabbled eggs, biscuits and fresh fruit while I had a IP omelette.

Did lots of yard work in the afternoon while the girls went out for pedicures. For Dinner I barbequed and cooked a great meal. It had lots of things I could eat and a few extra yummies for the family.

We had tenderloin steak, mushrooms sauteed in olive oil, BBQ'd asparagus (soo good), garlic mashed potatoes (not for me), garlic bread (not for me), and a nice green salad.

I have an awesome wife and I wanted to try and treat her right. Sent flowers to my own Mother who lives a few hours away.

It was a very productive weekend. I am feeling very good and healthy.
sjdawg is offline   Reply With Quote