Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
How do I get the cute counters everyone is using? I have no clue on how to do it!
I love coming on this site and feel like we are all in this journey together. I don't know anyone on here but feel like I can *****, complain, moan but also give support to others. Thanks friends!!
Check out the Forum help thread the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom
Travel day from he'll yesterday. Obama flying into Chicago messed with the whole day. Arrived Boston and then 2 hour drive. Here is my concern did not drink enough water, did not eat lunch, and when we had dinner at 9:00 I had a drink (we were toasting) but had vodka and water. Have I totally screwed this week over?? Did wake up and have a shake and have plans to stay OP but so much going on.
Hang in there! Life gets in the way of being perfectly OP. Part of the process is learning to do the best you can with what you've got and you're doing great!

Happy Thursday everyone. Things are going well for me. No major issues. The scale is still stuck today- no change in 5 days seems odd, but I know it will move eventually.

I was shaky yesterday for the first time since I cut the carbs out of my diet. I have been really enjoying feeling like a "normal" person- with no hypoglycemia troubles and I've been pushing it a little far with time between eating. So I paid for it yesterday. Lesson learned.

Have a great day!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Rulemom- You are doing the best you can under the circumstances. Don't feel guilty..it's life. Do what you can...then restart when you get home.

Day 4 for me-
Nice Metallic taste this morning in my mouth...ketosis??

My new powder came in last night. Oh my gosh! So much better!!! I think with these I'll be able to do this diet. My bars should be here friday, so I'll add in the restricted then.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Thanks for the input on Syntrax Nectar. I was thinking of buying some now that I need 4 packets per day. That's just too expensive!

Metallic taste=ketosis. Congratulations! Have a good day!

Last edited by CinnamonSparkles; 04-28-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #18  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Today is day 4 for me and I'm doing really well. I started an Alternative Plan and I'm happy with things so far. I weighed myself this morning and have lost 2lbs so far. I don't have a "WI Day". I think I will make it Saturday Morning since that is my measure day. I have a Protein Drink for breakfast, some tea for sipping if I feel hungry, salad and turkey burgers for lunch and dinner is TBD. We will be going grocery shopping today so I should be perfectly on plan after today. I will be going to the gym for lunch to do a light workout because if I go hard like I normally would I get really hungry which leads to needing something else to eat. I want to really get the program down before I get back to my regular workout routine.

I know I'm new and all but can someone explain ketosis to me

Last edited by jigglefree; 04-28-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbearjt08 View Post
This is day 4 for me doing this on alternate products. I worked out at Curves last night. Feeling pretty good and cravings aren't bad, even tho it is my TOM.

Need suggestion for late night dinner - we are taking my daughter to dinner around 7 for her 21st bday. I plan to stick with salad and chicken, but since it will be late, should I still get that shake in before bed?
Yes! That's my schedule every day. I eat dinner at 7 or later. Drink it right before bed. It helps keep you burning fat instead of muscle at night. I usually have mine anywhere from 9-10pm. Have a good celebration with your daughter!

In other news, I just got my car back and it's fixed. And now I'm so short on cash, but I'm glad I could actually pay for it. LOL my headlight is still burnt out but I already bought another bulb and after 6 years of owning my VW Beetle, last year I finally learned how to change the darn headlights! They are a b$%^&. It's German engineering- why make it simple when you can make it complicated?

Also, I lost 1.4 pounds from yesterday!!!! Woohooooo!!! I'm down 10.4 pounds total from April 13. I feel like dancing!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #20  

(this message is for juiceman...I am not able to send private messages yet...)

Hi!

I hope you are doing well. I have been witnessing the great success you have had with alternate products so far.

I've been thinking to switching too because IP is getting too expensive for me. I have read all the posts about alternative products but most seem to have much more carbs that IP products...I'm confused.

Would you mind telling me what products you use and where you get them? Are you from Canada?

Thank you so much for your help!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbearjt08 View Post
This is day 4 for me doing this on alternate products. I worked out at Curves last night. Feeling pretty good and cravings aren't bad, even tho it is my TOM.

Need suggestion for late night dinner - we are taking my daughter to dinner around 7 for her 21st bday. I plan to stick with salad and chicken, but since it will be late, should I still get that shake in before bed?
I would have the shake late in the afternoon. There is nothing more dangerous than going to a restaurant hungry!!

I never have a shake in the evening -my dinners is around 7:30 as I go to the gym 6-7- and I have had no muscle loss. Only fat loss and significant muscle gain.

Have fun!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #22  
Started Alt. IP 4/25/11

S/C/G: 200.4/191.6/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Alternate Products

Hey JiggleFree - this is day 4 for me too!

I have ordered some Lindora, DietDirect and NLD Products. I put together a spreadsheet of those producst that I ordered, as well as the EAS Shake and the Pure Protein Bar. The sheet shows Calories, Protein, Carbs and Fat. I just wanted to have a variety of items to choose from, especially on the weekends - pudding would be nice to have with dinner for dessert so I don't feel left out. Got a fruit drink and some crunchy snacks for those hard days which I know are coming.

My weigh in day will be Monday - keeps me honest over the weekend and that is the day I started. Will do measurements on Monday evening.

(Wish I had that darn ticker and signature line!)
Old 04-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 283/235/190

Height: 5'11

Hi All. I have a question. What does your coach do for you? I have a person who gave me the details of the program and sells the products/provides weekly weigh in but I wouldn't call her a coach. Not sure if I should be expecting more
Old 04-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #24  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
I bought some Floralax this morning but my Coach was not there. Does anyone have advice for taking it? It says to take two capsules per day on the bottle but is there anything else I should know (with food, without food, take both separately or at the same time, anything else)?
Hi - I've been taking Floralax from the beginning as a preventative measure. It is very mild and your body doesn't become dependant on it like many laxatives (I don't have the bottle here, but I believe it's mainly prune powder & phsyllium). I take 2 capsules every night along with my cal/mags at the evening snack. My coach said that if I experienced any problems, it was ok to take 4 instead...but no issues yet.

I hope it works for you
Old 04-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #25  
AndreaM

S/C/G: 165/160.8/130

Height: 5'2

Hi Everyone! This is my first post ever! I have technically been on IP for 2 weeks. I started last Tuesday, but had a terrible week!! Only lost .8 of a pound. =( My boyfriend - Mitch, (which whom I live with) Is a pasta eater, so as I would be cooking up my veg. and chicken for supper he was making spaghetti and meat sauce! I also forgot it was Easter so between 2 family dinners and friends being in town, I got side-tracked. =( Mitch came to my weigh in with me on Tuesday and decided to join as well! Yay! This week we have been doing awesome! He's lost 8 pounds..lucky guy! And my total weight loss is now 5 pounds! =) I read this forum every day and you all give me so much motivation!! Thank you! =D
Old 04-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
I retract my statement! You have totally thought this through and you are right. maybe it was the word "cheat" I object to. Maybe it's more of a planned "treat"....LOL Anyway. as you said, we all have to do what works for us and fortunately, this forum offers a ton of support!
I like “treat” much better too! I will be having a planned treat when I reach 350!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Morning!! Travel day from he'll yesterday. Obama flying into Chicago messed with the whole day. Arrived Boston and then 2 hour drive. Here is my concern did not drink enough water, did not eat lunch, and when we had dinner at 9:00 I had a drink (we were toasting) but had vodka and water. Have I totally screwed this week over?? Did wake up and have a shake and have plans to stay OP but so much going on. My grandfather is being buried with full military honors and they day is full of meeting and greeting. Thanks for all the well wishes you have no idea how much they mean to me.
Under the circumstances I think you are doing an amazing job. I am so sorry for your loss and my prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmisan View Post
Hi - I've been taking Floralax from the beginning as a preventative measure. It is very mild and your body doesn't become dependant on it like many laxatives (I don't have the bottle here, but I believe it's mainly prune powder & phsyllium). I take 2 capsules every night along with my cal/mags at the evening snack. My coach said that if I experienced any problems, it was ok to take 4 instead...but no issues yet.

I hope it works for you
Thank you so much for the advice!

I have the bottle and it's made up of the following:
Psyllium (seed husk): 250 mg
Aloe Vera: 150 mg
Prune (powder): 50 mg

I tried taking just one this morning with my breakfast and other supplements and it did the trick just fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea moroz View Post
Hi Everyone! This is my first post ever! I have technically been on IP for 2 weeks. I started last Tuesday, but had a terrible week!! Only lost .8 of a pound. =( My boyfriend - Mitch, (which whom I live with) Is a pasta eater, so as I would be cooking up my veg. and chicken for supper he was making spaghetti and meat sauce! I also forgot it was Easter so between 2 family dinners and friends being in town, I got side-tracked. =( Mitch came to my weigh in with me on Tuesday and decided to join as well! Yay! This week we have been doing awesome! He's lost 8 pounds..lucky guy! And my total weight loss is now 5 pounds! =) I read this forum every day and you all give me so much motivation!! Thank you! =D
Welcome to the Board! Good luck with the plan!

If you like pasta, I just wanted to recommend House Foods Shiratake Tofu Spaghetti Noodles. I just love them! I rinse them and heat them as per the package directions and put the IP Spaghetti bolognese on top of them as a sauce. I also like to add sliced cooked fresh mushrooms. What a meal!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-28-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

I am heading into week 10 and I have been soooo run down and tired lately. After the first week I felt pretty good, and after the 4th week had much more energy! Some days I couldn't even sleep and woke up early! I don't know what's going on. Has anyone else had this problem? I even tried taking an extra potassium/mag yesterday and it didn't help. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #29  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone

So many newbies on here I love it. Congrats to you all and enjoy your journey with IP. It is truly a great program and if you follow the program to the "T" you will see the results.

My weigh in tomorrow. I am not expecting a high number since I lost 7 last week so I will be happy with what ever number the genie scale wants to give me tomorrow.

Congrats to all weight losses and NSV's today. Enjoy your day everyone and stay OP all day today! We can do this one day at a time...
Old 04-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 275/231/180

Height: 6'

Happy Thursday fellow IPers!!

End of the working week for me here today. WI #9 for me tomorrow, not expecting big losses this week thought cheated on Easter Sunday. Back in Ketosis again by tuesday evening. I'll be happy though if i stay the same or even lose part to one whole pound!!

Hope everyone has a OP day and a great weekend!!
Closed Thread