Old 04-27-2011, 07:37 AM   #1  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weight Gain????!!

Ok so any advice or insight please!!

My official weigh in was this past Monday, I was 225# I got on the scale today... I don't know why, I guess to just check my progess?! I am following the plan, getting my veggies, water, vitamins, oil, salt, IP foods in.
The scale showed 227.8 #!!! I don't understand how did I gain 2.8 pounds in 2 days?????
phall8180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You about to start TOM? I know my weight shoots up like mad for 2-3 days then goes back down once it starts.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #3  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

This is not uncommon -- and several things can cause this (which is why I only weigh once a week - for me the scale is all over the place on a weekly basis)

1. what time of day did you weigh
2. What did you eat that day (I am extremely sodium sensitive and if I make stir fry with soy sauce, even the low sodium kind, the next mornining I will post a gain
3. What were you wearing
4. are you constipated
5 did you empty your bladder before weighing
5. is it your time of month (ovulation does it to me as well)
6. Have you been drinking all your water (I find my body will retain more water the less water I drink)

It is impossible to gain 2 pounds in 2 days without consuming some huge (I think it is something like 9000 calories in the last two days - which if you are following this or really any plan seems unlikely if not impossible)

Hope this helps -- keep at it and try not to use the scale as the only gauge of your success (I know easier said than done) --you will lose weight if you follow the plan I PROMISE (this coming from someone who tried everything to lose weight only to have a doctor tell me...well some bodies are just made to be big-- YOU CAN DO THIS - but discouragement, stress and frustration from weighing constantly will affect your ability to lose weight (this too I know from personal experience)
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #4  
Kristin

S/C/G: 216.1/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5"

Did you use a different scale???
Love2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #5  
Started Alt. IP 4/25/11

S/C/G: 200.4/191.6/165

I just started my TOM and this diet this week - smart, huh, with the cravings I get, so I don't expect to lose more than a couple pounds this week. Hang in there.
sherbearjt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Here's my advice, throw your home scale out the window and only use the official one for your weigh ins or you'll drive yourself nuts. Also, all of us can fluctuate between 1 and 5 lbs in a single day depending on many factors, hence why I said to throw the home scale out. Trust yourself and the program, it works.
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #7  
Lovin the way I feel!

Quote:
You about to start TOM? I know my weight shoots up like mad for 2-3 days then goes back down once it starts.
NO, it ended the 22nd.

Quote:
1. what time of day did you weigh
2. What did you eat that day (I am extremely sodium sensitive and if I make stir fry with soy sauce, even the low sodium kind, the next mornining I will post a gain
3. What were you wearing
4. are you constipated
5 did you empty your bladder before weighing
5. is it your time of month (ovulation does it to me as well)
6. Have you been drinking all your water (I find my body will retain more water the less water I drink)
I weighed first thing in the morning after my morning pee! I have been getting in more than what is needed for water. I am not constipated, I go every other day or two, I am not regular, and I wasn't wearing anything! Sorry TMI.

Used the same scale, and I think I am just going to have my husband hide it on me from now on! LOL
Thank you so much for all your responses and encouragement! I appreciate it
Old 04-28-2011, 07:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

When you say you go every day or two, that could be your problem right there. Dr told me at least once a day is what we are suppose to go. If you dont then things back up and you collect water. Imagine two days worth of food in your intestines. I am going lol as you say it once or twice a day. Add some romaine lettuce in your 4 cups of veggies a day. I eat 2 cups of organice spring mix with one leaf of romaine to keep my body regular. If not I feel blah and bloated.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #9  
Lovin the way I feel!

Thanks Locks!
I do eat romaine lettuce, but not every day, I will pick up some of that spring mix & romaine tomorrow during my food shopping trip. I think that might be the problem, because I finally went last night and this morning was down to 222.8!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/135/135

Height: 5'2"

If I don't get enough romaine or salad in along with my 4 cups of veggies, I don't lose...and sometimes gain. You have to make sure you get that in (if you aren't). It certainly helps to keep things "moving".

Otherwise, could it be too much sodium? We have a busy life and often have to eat out. For the most part I can stick to the plan by getting lean protein and veggies/salad, but what I cannot control is the seasoning and cooking methods - even though I specify and bring my own salt and dressing.

I am bad...I weigh myself at home every day, but so far my scale has been pretty accurate to the office - it was an expensive scale that measures all sorts of things (like hydration, etc). I guess I am obsessive complusive about it - lol.

Don't give up! You don't know what could be contributing to this.
k9lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #11  
Lovin the way I feel!

I was thinking maybe too many pickles! LOL --
I don't eat out so its not that. I am just going to continue following the plan and I know I will see results.. reading everyones success and seeing their tickers is such great motivation!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/194/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post
I was thinking maybe too many pickles! LOL --
I don't eat out so its not that. I am just going to continue following the plan and I know I will see results.. reading everyones success and seeing their tickers is such great motivation!
Actually it could be pickles! I'm one who if I have dill pickles, I don't see the loss. Took me a bit to figure that one out. Not sure why but even my coach says some things we just react differently to.
Travelbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

When I eat the spring salad it helps me get the 4 cups in lol. I put two or three teaspoons of olive oil. I exercise every day, and work is pretty busy so coach said add more oil. Alot of people have problems with hair loss, sometimes its from lack of enough oil to keep the body functioning. I use the WF dressing then add the oil after. I cant eat too salads a day just too much chewing lol. So two cups of spring salad is easier to take. I find now the last week or two I am just not hungry. But force myself to eat what I am suppose to because the next day I wont feel good.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote