Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 164.4/145.0/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Hey everyone

Had a check up today for the issues I've been having with my back and my doc was SUPER impressed with my weight loss! I think he thought I was a lost cause and the reaction today was great I asked him to check my blood pressure and while I've never had any real issues with it (except when pregnant), it's always been a little on the higher side. Today it was 120/87 and he was THRILLED with those numbers too. All in all, a great appt.

Wanted to share that I just tried the WF raspberry dressing for the first time and can honestly say I LOVE IT. I plan to bring some with me to Florida next week and keep it handy for meals out!

I'm so happy for 3 of my friends who have signed up for IP since seeing my success...does anyone else's coach's give incentive for referrals? I get a free box of food for each one! Besides the free food though, I'm excited to see how my friends do!

Lastly, I wanted to share this link I found somewhere else on this site somewhere

http://www.hchc.org/idealprotein/recipes/

Has some GREAT recipe ideas for all phases!

Have a great night everyone
Awesome to hear your Dr. appt. went so well. The physical results of the weight loss is awesome but the health benefits are soooo important.

I haven't tried the WF raspberry yet, will have to pick that one up.

Yes, my coach also gives a free box of food for each referral, although I haven't had one yet.

Thanks for the recipe link!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
We went out to eat several weeks ago to a national chain type restaurant. They had a Grilled Salmon Cesar Salad that looked wonderful so I asked for it, with no dressing, no cheese, no croutons, no sauce of any kind. When it came, the salmon had been poached in some kind of heavy sauce and the sauce had been poured all over the salad. There was also cheese in the salad. I just sent it back and drank my water while the rest of my family finished their meals. Quite a disappointing evening!
Next time ask for "Gluten/dairy" free. Then say you are also diabetic....pretty much makes them nervous and they work extra hard to put NOTHING on you salad or protein. My DIL (who has celiacs) has actually had the chef come out to ask exactly how to prepare her food. (Bonefish did this). They really don't want a bad rep or a lawsuit from an allergic reaction!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I have been doing this diet for almost 16 weeks and I still want certain foods (although I would call them decent, but none-the-less I still think about them) ...... admittedly I used to be a professional chef so this is easier for me then for some but I find the challenge of making satisfying IP meals fun...... the truth is-- it is all work - some tasks more fun than others - what I will end up with is a Job rather the a Career or a diet rather than a lifestyle change. Since I have spent most of my 20's and 30's steering my career I feel it is okay to spend the next bit of time steering a lifestyle change and approaching it like I do my career will undoubtedly result in success.
Your attitude is admirable. I am not a professional chef (and I don't play one on tv, either ). I work a full time job, am a PhD student, and have three teenagers. I have too much "work" to do already---I do not have the time to do any more "work", so if I spend the next few months eating food that is relatively boring and unsatisfying, I will deal with it. I do not have time to "get creative". I also do not see this as a "lifestyle". I have no intention of living off of 1000 cals (or less) a day for life. I will get the weight off, and stay low carb, but there is no way I am going to live like this forever. That would be pure ****. I can't wait til I am done Phases 1 and 2.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 192.2/170/150

Height: 5'3''

Hi everyone! My name is Angelle. This is my 5th week on IP and 17lbs lost so far. Woo Hoo!

I'm really excited the lbs are finally coming off but having a hard time finding packets that I can stomach. So far I'm living on chicken noodle soup, wafers, and lemonade. I am having a lot of fun cooking my one meal a day though, coverting my old recipes and coming up with new flavors.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4

I had WI#4 today. Down .6 pounds and while I was looking for more, I have decided to take it and be happy about it because after all, a loss is still a loss. I went shopping today for a business trip to Arizona, I leave on Sunday. I must celebrate my NSV of feeling comfortable enough to buy a dress and it looked good on me too!~ I was brave and bought a swimsuit, all though I will probably not take off my cover up! Have a great day everyone,
-Amy
Old 04-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #81  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I just can not live on boring food. Yes, I can eat the same food everyday but that's my personality. It still has to be tasty and good. I keep items around that makes it easy to get creative. I grow herbs and keep a variety of season. I also try new vegetables and proteins.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening fellow IP'rs, I am happy to report that my natural calm is here and I am taking some before bed. I hope this works by the AM, that would be marvelous! Thanks for all of the great advice on these threads.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick76 View Post
Can you try Tylenol Cold medicine? Or Buckley's the kind that's in pill form?

If all else fails, drink a whole lot of Crown Royal. You'll be out of ketosis for sure, but at least you'll get something out of it! Hope you're better soon.
Never thought of a pill form, man can I have a stunned moment...as for the Crown Royal...let me know when your in the area and I will definitely bring it out. Thanks for the great advice
Old 04-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwphy View Post
I had this problem my first week on the program. I didn't think about it until about day 4 of downing the sugar loaded nyquil every night. When I realized what I was doing, I switch ed to using the gel "pills". They can't cram as much sugar into those.

Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks for the great advice, I will definitely get some Gel caps tomorrow! I appreciate your kind words
Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #85  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

I did it! Made it through day3. Come on ketosis! Love this diet.

Hate the headaches though. Got them the first go around too. The sea salt helps though.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #86  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
You answered my post on the monday thread about not losing anything for over a month. You said maybe try a carb cheat day. I`m just wondering what you mean by that? What did you cheat with? Off plan things or just more of the packets or restricteds?? And I`m curious how it worked for you! My ketostix say negative this morning and I think that the exercise I did yesterday threw me out because I stayed OP. So I figure if I`m out of ketosis maybe I should try a "carb cheat" But I don`t want to go too overboard either.
hehehehe - well, last Friday, we were back in my hometown and went to a restaurant that has the best fried chicken ever. I had an onion ring, a couple of fried mac & cheese wedges and a fried corn nugget, as well as most of a fried chicken breast and about 15 fries. I went straight back on plan the next day and even with a little too much ham this weekend, I was down 2.2 this week (at the end of the day). I ate until I felt like I didn't want anything more. Before when I would eat those things, I would have finished my chicken and probably eaten 3 times the fries! I didn't feel like I had been kicked out of ketosis the next day. So, this gamble paid off for me. Do it at your own risk! If nothing else, enjoy it. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
How do I get the cute counters marking down the weight loss? I believe I have been a member long enough. I am not that capable with the computer so I hope this process is easy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Some people move to phase 2 if they go an extended period without losing weight. The transition seems to get them back into weight loss mode.
I've heard this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
I'm so happy for 3 of my friends who have signed up for IP since seeing my success...does anyone else's coach's give incentive for referrals? I get a free box of food for each one! Besides the free food though, I'm excited to see how my friends do!
My coach does this too! I have another coworker that I believe will be signing up tonight. Yay for free food!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #87  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

what is the natural calm everyone keeps talking about??
Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I have been doing this diet for almost 16 weeks and I still want certain foods (although I would call them decent, but none-the-less I still think about them) One thing I find helpful and what kept me going in the "lean times" is to make my dinner a very decent, if not decedent occasion (I used to say to myself at breakfast...2 more astronaut processed packets until I get the real thing...then at lunch 1 more packet.... you get the picture and somehow this helped me know there was something better coming and that made it easier to eat the packets) - admittedly I used to be a professional chef so this is easier for me then for some but I find the challenge of making satisfying IP meals fun. So much so that I test out my creations on unsuspecting company to see if they call me out on the meal not being up to my usual standards and so far so good. This diet is sort of like a career --I always tell myself... if I approach it haphazardly, without strategy, without creativity, without focus of the end goal, and without the understanding that the truth is-- it is all work - some tasks more fun than others - what I will end up with is a Job rather the a Career or a diet rather then a lifestyle change. Since I have spent most of my 20's and 30's steering my career I feel it is okay to spend the next bit of time steering a lifestyle change and approaching it like I do my career will undoubtedly result in success.
I envy anyone who is creative in the kitchen, and I would GLADLY take some recipes if you are offering
Old 04-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Hey guys. I've been bad. Very bad. I have a stomach virus, which hit me last night as I was making yummy curry. Well, I had been feeling crummy for a few days, but figured it was the weather. Anyway, I had what I could choke down to eat. I had chicken broth... crackers... and a light sandwich. Oh, and I sipped on some diet ginger ale to calm the tummy. I tried to chew some ginger root, but it got too hot.

Honestly, I don't feel like eating anything, so I tried to tempt myself to eat by having the sandwich. I didn't have any dressings on it. It was much better than I would have had pre-IP. And if the fever and virus is gone tomorrow, I will be back to full IP. I feel so guilty, but then I realize it was this or eat nothing at all. I'm probably out of ketosis and will feel the full effects of going back in. I will also probably gain some pounds back. But I will "take it like a man" as the hubs says. I take full responsibility and will deal with the consequences. I wanted to fess up to you guys. Hubs and I talked about this beforehand and both agreed that cravings are one thing, but stomach virus is another. My big regret? Not getting to eat that delicious curry I made. It was IP friendly too!

Oh! And I got my signature! YAY!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
I try not to weigh every day...not good for the spirits when there is no loss, but I have no coach so I do have to weigh my self once a week.
Now, I have a dilemma...hoping for some advice. I have a nasty chest cold and cough during the night. Cough syrups are LOADED with sugar, so it has knocked me out of ketosis for the last 4 days. I have tried sugar-free cough meds, but they don't seem to suppress the cough at all. ANY TIPS???
Cough pills, diabetic cough syrup (maybe try a different brand than you have before), or load up on some Vicks Vaporub. Just a side note, be aware that cough suppressants/decongestants make your blood pressure rise some. Usually not enough to be a problem, but it freaked me out the first time I noticed.

I hope you feel better soon!
Closed Thread