Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 189/157/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstDietVA View Post
Hi judiluki,

You can add one more meal a day until you get over the hunger pains. That is what my coach told me. Stay strong! It will be over with before you know it :-)

I am on day 4 now and feel great! I had breakfast a 8am and it's 11:25 now and I'm not hungry yet. In it to win it!!! :-)

Good luck!

P.S. I drank one cup of hot green tea with one packet of Splenda and that has helped me the past 3 days! Hope this helps you :-)
I agree with the hot green tea tip.....I have been drinking Chai Green tea i find it has enough flavor that gets me through the longer days as I work 12hr shifts with a commute I am up at 4am and I dont get home till 8pm I rarly get hungry when I drink it.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 246(H)/238(IP)/(ticker)/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Faux-jito

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
thank you for that! I was wondering.... I mean I am not drinking it any other times.... just for tom night during the kareoke event.... in order to stay away from alcohol...... wanted to have a d coke..........

god everything makes you paranoid now...that you want to drink, bite into.... eat hahhah
Here's an idea I used at the bar to spice up my water: muddle mint and a packet of splenda/stevia with lime then top with soda water (okay, I actually also added a shot of vodka, but I didn't feel good after the fact about cheating). It felt sassy like a mojito! I brought my own mint and stevia since my bar doesn't normally stock them.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Just got back from WI#3 and am down another 4.4 lbs for a total of 15.8lbs! I feel kinda bad, I don't get all that excited in the office. I think I just need the time to let it sink in! I'm at 189lbs now I haven't been in the 180's in so long!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #79  
Started IP 3/2/11

S/C/G: 168/137.6/125

Quote:
On a separate note - do any of you other scale whores out there ever feel like your scale gets attached to a number and doesn't wanna display anything different? I feel like I've lost weight and inches the last 3 days but that little ******* keeps showing the same darn number
I have this "problem" too. It will stay the same for several days, then go down 2-3 lbs then back up like 1.5. the next day I don't get it. I stay OP too. But this weekend was the first time I cheated in 5.5 weeks. It was kinda fun but I have to say that I did not pig out like I used to and I didn't crave the sweet foods like before. That is definitely a NSV for me!!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
No worries. Thanks for the Netrition info. I will check them out. I don't drive to Wichita for that, I pick up bunch when we are in town visiting. Where abouts do you live in KS, not much else further west of the Salina, Hutchinson, Wichita area unless you are in Great Bend, Goodland and that might be about it.
Oh, no further than that! We're in Garden City. My husband is a firefighter here so that's why we moved. The funny part is a few years ago I said I'd never move here. It will be a year for me and the girls in May. He moved out here when I was 6 month pregnant with our youngest. I moved with the girls when the baby was 2 months old.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #81  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Losing 4.5 lbs. is awesome. You are setting yourself up for failure if you're expecting more that that a week. What are you going to do if you lose 1 lb. quit? Some of don't have a coach. I think you're in the middle of a major pity party. You need to look at the big picture. It's a good thing you're on this thread, some people will baby you, but some of us will tell you like it is.
Mary
I was in a bad mood after my weigh in. I guess the part that disappointed me is this diet boasts quick weight loss especially in the first couple of weeks. As much as I need to lose I should have seen higher results. As far as a pity party, I think I am entitled to feel sad or mad it is a big life change and very emotional. I don't need anyone to "baby" me but other people's struggles help me get through. By the way I don't plan on quitting I am extremely competitive and committed! I was thinking I don't need your "tough love" but actually it pissed me off just enough...I guess 10# it is! Thanks!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #82  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo2155 View Post
Hi all, day 6 and the headaches are finally starting to go away so I'm finally feeling normal, well as normal as I usually feel. weigh in is tomorrow and I haven't sneaked a peek at the scales so wish me luck!
You'll do great! Whatever the number is just remember you're doing an amazing thing for yourself and you should be very proud. Stick with it and it will work and you WILL change your life. That first week to ten days for me was bad with headaches and nausea....ugh.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #83  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by judiluki View Post
Good Morning.. 1st day... had cappuccino mix with 8 oz water and supplements...im starving...i have started obsessively looking at the clock and waiting for lunchtime... I did not realize how dependent I am on the gratification of food, wow, this is going to be interesting!

cheers,
Judi
Hang in there Judi, it will get better...the first 4-5 days are really rough for some people but if you really want this, you can do it for sure!! I drank enough water to satiate an elephant that first week because i was sooo hungry! haha.
The cappuccino mix with just a little more water (about 350ml) and adding in a little sugar free caramel syrup (davinci gourmet syrups is what i use) is awesome. I have it every morning. I heat it in a mug for one minute, stir and heat for another minute. Yum!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aacks View Post
Thank gosh for this forum!! Such a motivator!
Day 4 for me!!
Weird question, I assume its beacause of all of the water I'm drinking 100 ounces at least a day!
I AM FREEZING!!
I have always been a hot sleeper, and last night I had to add an extra blanket!!
Anyone else?
Thanks for all the inspiration guys!!
It could be the water, but any kind of detox process will often make one feel cold. Having hot drinks will help.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #85  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

I just made blueberry muffins today 100% on protocol and not restricted. 1package of crispy cereal, 1 package of (smartwise) blueberry pancake mix, one egg white, just a little of your daily salt intake put in the mix, and 1/8th baking powder; Then mix with just enough water to make a cake batter consistency, place in a oiled cupcake pan (use spray olive oil) or minni cupcake pan. Preheat oven to 350 F, and bake for 10-12min.

This was so good, and it makes two servings, plus if you still wanted to have a restricted the same day it would be okay. Smartwise pancake can be found at Nashua Nutrition

<http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/healthsmart.html

Last edited by ginBAM; 04-14-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #86  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

When do you get to have restricted foods? I'm only on day 6 so maybe soon, but my coach didn't let me take anything from the restricted list this week. I'm dreaming of muffins and bars!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #87  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
I did see a slow down around week 4/5/6 and then it picked right back up. and I remember being encouraged that it was perfectly normal. So try not to worry or get discouraged. Just stick to it and let it become part of life. It keeps getting better!
Thanks for the encouragement! I just had WI#3 and lost 0.2lbs (which was probably because I had different clothes on haha) and my lean muscle mass and fat % had no change. I felt discouraged, but my coach explained that almost all of her clients have experienced the same thing (~week 3-5).

I'm going to keep the faith and not let it get me down! My coach explained to me that your body's losing and losing and sometimes needs to 'make sure' that you're going to continue providing enough sustenance - of course, she explained it scientifically, but that was the gist of it. She assured me that I'll keep losing and I may wake up one morning and be suddenly down a pound or two. I'm in it for the long haul though!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #88  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
When do you get to have restricted foods? I'm only on day 6 so maybe soon, but my coach didn't let me take anything from the restricted list this week. I'm dreaming of muffins and bars!
They usually like you to wait at least 3 weeks, that is what I love about the muffins I just made they aren't restricted, but you do have to aid the one egg white to the total protein that you are allowed to consume in a day.

Ideal Protein doesn't carry no restricted pancake mix. My coach started to use some alternative products in addition to Ideal protein, so I mix and match, Crispy cereal from IP and Buleberry pancake from Nashua Nutrition
Old 04-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Hi everyone! I'm an experienced IP'er on for the second round. Last year I lost 24.4 pounds (157.4 to 133) on it so... Here we go again. Last time it took 10 weeks (slow thyroid, you know, sometimes less than 1 pound per week and I was STRICT). I'm on it this time because my boyfriend was just diagnosed with slightly high blood pressure and our chiro told him to do IP to get rid of that problem. So I'll do it too since my skinny jeans dont fit anymore! Ack! I want to have a love affair with them, as I was last year. So hello everyone and have a great day!

I lost 1.8 pounds from yesterday to today! Last time around I did not own a scale so I have no idea how much my weight fluctuated daily... Just weekly.

Also, FYI if any of you ever want to do IP after you reach your goal, it seems much easier the second time around. I knew right away when I got the halitosis (bad breath) that I was in ketosis and I already feel better. I'm looking forward to the energy it will give me.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #90  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
Different coaches say different things on this matter. My coach has insisted that I have 1 restriced item every day from the beginning. Some people actually lose less by eliminating the restricteds (and vice-versa it seems).

I think it's important to follow whatever your own coach has told you since each of us have different body types and metabolisms. Your coach should know what's best for you.
Closed Thread