Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #61  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
you can also have your third pack throughout the day, my friend has the puffs or ridges and eats a little before lunch and then the rest on the drive home after work. Me if my stomach starts growling, I just grab another cup of tea that usually helps.

congratulations isn't this diet wonderful? I can now fit into my 16s as well but soon to be too big, and I don't have any smaller to shop in my closet so I guess I will be shopping for them somewhere else.

I know, I check the labels on everything now... but I haven't ventured back to the pop as I went cold turkey and don't want the aspartame which isn't good for you. I guess in the US there are diet pops made with splenda so that would be great.
I also don't have any pants that are smaller than a size 16, and was worried about that today! thinking, soon I'll have to buy some more.

How long has it taken you to go from a tight 16 to now a loose 16? I know everyone is different, just curious.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 292/268/200

Height: 5'10"

Default Day 2

Morning everyone. I'm on day 2. Constant headaches (caffeine withdrawals I imagine) but doing ok. Sticking to it. Still trying to absorb all the information I can find here and take it in. I appreciate all the support and ideas here. You all are great!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Tough Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post
Day 7 for me and first WI...Disappointed in my loss of #. Down 4-1/2pounds and 4-1/2", BMI down .5 and body fat down 1%. If those are accurate. I just have struggled so much and got a little teary this morning when I weighed at home. My scale seems to be close in sync to the center's. I think I may not be getting enough food. Last night I looked at the chicken and asparagus and just did not even want it. I forced myself to eat a chicken tender. I made kale chips and they were GOOD. I ate the whole sheet.

Today I will measure my vegetables and count my water more closely. I am also trying the omelette and some different drinks. Those soups were AWFUL. Maybe some variety will help. My "coach" is pitiful. She has not tried half of the darn products. How can you sell something when you don't know anything about it? My goal for next WI is 10#. I will NOT settle for less!
Losing 4.5 lbs. is awesome. You are setting yourself up for failure if you're expecting more that that a week. What are you going to do if you lose 1 lb. quit? Some of don't have a coach. I think you're in the middle of a major pity party. You need to look at the big picture. It's a good thing you're on this thread, some people will baby you, but some of us will tell you like it is.
Mary
Old 04-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
My husband said to me (with accusation in his voice) "You won't go to a movie because you can't have popcorn!" To which I replied, "That's correct, I can rent a movie on Apple TV and not have to smell popcorn, or listen to everyone rattle their popcorn bags & shake their soda & ice!"
My wife is very supportive of me on the diet now - but initially she wasn't because she didn't understand what I was going through (partially my fault for not letting her know though). For most people who are overweight - food is an addiction both physically and mentally. If you were addicted to cocaine and went to a place where they had it laid out on tables your husband would probably understand why you were struggling while there - not really any different with food imo (not the best analogy but that's not my strong point lol). I know the feeling of going somewhere where there will be good food - good food smells etc. I have a history of sabotaging myself and the easiest way to not do so is to not put yourself in that situation, or if you have to - to have someone there who understands and can help you with the accountability. I don't want to offer unwanted advice but my talk w/ my wife sure helped me - perhaps consider explaining your point of view/feelings to your hubby and it might help make things easier from a support standpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinygirl68 View Post
First WI this morning. Loss of 5lbs and 3.5 inches...WhooHoo!
Awesome job - the time will fly when you have motivation like that - congrats!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

WI # 9, down 2 lbs. That makes me an even 30 lbs lost! I am so close to seeing the 170's I can taste it!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #66  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

[/QUOTE]A friend was telling me that the Aspertame found in Diet Beverages does affect Ketosis, thus being the reason to stay away from it.[/QUOTE]

I guess this just proves that all of our bodies are different. I never went out of ketosis for 17 weeks and drank pop everyday. I started Phase 1 on Monday again to get a few more lbs off and am already in Ketosis. I have had a 20 oz Diet Pepsi each day.

Just find out what works for you.

Last edited by carlasherea; 04-14-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #67  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post
Day 7 for me and first WI...Disappointed in my loss of #. Down 4-1/2pounds and 4-1/2", BMI down .5 and body fat down 1%. If those are accurate. I just have struggled so much and got a little teary this morning when I weighed at home. My scale seems to be close in sync to the center's. I think I may not be getting enough food. Last night I looked at the chicken and asparagus and just did not even want it. I forced myself to eat a chicken tender. I made kale chips and they were GOOD. I ate the whole sheet.

Today I will measure my vegetables and count my water more closely. I am also trying the omelette and some different drinks. Those soups were AWFUL. Maybe some variety will help. My "coach" is pitiful. She has not tried half of the darn products. How can you sell something when you don't know anything about it? My goal for next WI is 10#. I will NOT settle for less!

IP is not a quick fix diet. The lbs. don't magically melt away. The number on the scale isn't even that important, it is the inches. (I know this for a fact, my best friend looks MUCH bigger than me, but she is 40lbs less, this is because muscle weighs more than fat.)You lost 4.5lbs in one week. This is amazing. Also you did amazing with your inches.
What worries me is you SHOULD be motivated by these numbers. When have you ever lost that much in one week? These are amazing results, and should keep you excited, rather than gloomy.

You want to lose 10 lbs. next week? You might, but you might only lose 3lbs. Every week is different. My first week I lost 11lbs. The second week I lost 2lbs. The funny thing is I lost more inches when I only lost 2lbs. My third week I lost 6lbs, and so far this week the scale hasn't moved (but I know I am smaller than last week, because I fit into pants I couldn't before)

As for your coach, Everyone has different tastes. My coach is wonderful, but if I use your argument about your coach that she hasn't tried half the food, it wouldn't matter. My coach loves the soups, and I hate them. This doesn't mean she is a "pitiful coach" because her tastes don't reflect my own. A lot of this is trial and error. I got stuck with boxes of foods I hated, I just learned not to get them again.

This diet works. It takes a lot of motivation, will power and a level head. a pound is a pound.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
LOSINGFORGOOD2010, I say if yu're going to "cheat," much better to do with with a diet soda than an alcoholic beverage. One of the papers I was given when I first started the diet said "No carbonated beverages." I'm thinking it might just be the aspertame. Everyone is different, though. And at least you're not going to get a bunch of carbs and knock yourself out of ketosis like you would with a rum and coke!
Thanks for your reply. It was just a simple question about ketosis and diet pop LOL. We are going to a kareoke night tomorrow...and TRYING to resist the urge to have a real drink. Btw, there are no carbs in rum, even lower sugars in vodka.... its the alcohol the body would have to burn off as fuel thus slow down your loss. HOWEVER... it was suggested to me by a friend to simply request 'sparkling water'........ imagine that! what a concept hahha. Thanks to all who have replied.

Last edited by LOSINGFORGOOD2010; 04-14-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmama72 View Post
I am in week 5 and because I am a Scale Whore, I have been checking daily and the weight is not budging! I thought I remembered seeing something about weeks 4/5 being a time for plateauing. Is that right?
Thanks!
I was just going to ask the same question...I'm in week 5 and at the same weight since WI on Monday if not up slightly.

Any thoughts/suggestions from the seasoned pros?
Old 04-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
My husband said to me (with accusation in his voice) "You won't go to a movie because you can't have popcorn!" To which I replied, "That's correct, I can rent a movie on Apple TV and not have to smell popcorn, or listen to everyone rattle their popcorn bags & shake their soda & ice!"
We have been to the movies a couple of times since I started IP. We go to a little local theater which is very old and last time I noticed that my butt fit in the seat a lot better than it usually did!! Guess that was a NSV for me! I take a bar or puffs or something in with me to eat while everyone else has popcorn or snacks. I also get a bottle of water from the snack bar and that seems to do the trick for me.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #71  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
i am in day 6 too! nice to meet you. i really think i can do this. i have sneek peaked though, lol. i can't help it. so what do you think of the diet? let me know how you do!
Hi guys! Another day sixer here! I hope we all have AWESOME weigh ins tomorrow!

Congratulations to everyone for their loses and NSV's!!

I feel good today, after my cough drop debacle yesterday. I didn't even look at their sugar content. Nothing I can do about it now anyway.

Last night my husband and I got brave and ventured away from the 2 cups of raw vegetables or stir fry and he made me ground turkey stuffed bell peppers for dinner! The recipes still needs a little work, but I loved it! (My husband isn't on the program, he's teaching me how to cook.

Any tips for stuffed bell peppers? We had cucumbers and fresh jalapenos (which I was surprised to learn aren't hot at all) cooked in the turkey and stuffed them in green bell peppers. It was good, but mostly just tasted green. I want to pep it up!

Happy Thursday everyone!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #72  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
I was just going to ask the same question...I'm in week 5 and at the same weight since WI on Monday if not up slightly.

Any thoughts/suggestions from the seasoned pros?
I did see a slow down around week 4/5/6 and then it picked right back up. and I remember being encouraged that it was perfectly normal. So try not to worry or get discouraged. Just stick to it and let it become part of life. It keeps getting better!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #73  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all!

I am getting conflicting info on the net regarding DIET COKE. I have a kareoke night tomorrow...and while I did plan a cheat or two of vodka and coke....NOW I am more determined than ever to NOT do this... but i would really be happy if I could at least have a diet coke??? and not water?? ?while sitting there... does anyone know for sure? apparently the acid in the d.coke could kick you out?
I too have enjoyed a variety of diet drinks and haven't had any trouble. They have helped curbed some other nasty cravings and if it kept me on plan I think it was the right move. You have to do what is right for you. I wouldn't down several liters, but I don't think a couple here or there is going to stop your weight loss. A vodka and coke however.... I wouldn't go there with a ten foot pole!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 189/157/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good morning everyone I hope you are all having a wonderful morning. It is snowing here in Edmonton for the next 2 days anyway. Hopefully it melts faster than the last snow, still have about 2 - 3 feet of snow in my backyard and front lawn.

Well this is the end of week #9 and my #9 WI is tonight after work. As usual I am looking forward to see how I have progressed on my journey but not thinking it will be a big number after my 7 last week. I am hoping to get measured as that will tell me a little more as well. Have a good day all and am Happy OP
Wow I cant believe Edmonton has more snow then Fort McMurray............ours was pretty much all melted we got a few inches the other night but we can see the grass again allready......

Had my first cheat in a long time the other night and omg I never realized how much I would suffer never again I hate the feeling I'm having the last few days I feel like the first week all over again.....I think I'm getting the flu too so that doesnt help...definatly was not worth the chips and candy I ate hopefully I learned my lesson!!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 164/153/135

Height: 5'6"

I can't believe I have almost 2 weeks under my belt! It is sooo true that you start to feel energetic. Does anyone know why they recommend no excersize the first few weeks? Can't wait till my next WI! This forum has been such an inspiration. So happy I stuck it out during that first very difficult week.
Closed Thread