Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/258/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Question Havin' a hard time getting my water down

Oh it has been difficult for me and today is my first day.....it has always been hard for me to drink all that water. Anyone have any ideas?
marlana1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/160/128

Height: 5.4

I love the traditional addition of lemon juice
I've heard alot of people talking about the water additive called mio...i think there is a thread on it.... its sucralose though, that is my only drawback
HAPPYPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

I pound about 24 oz first thing in the morning---just chug it. Then that leaves me a lot less to have to drink later in the day. Chug another 24 oz in the afternoon. Then all I have left is 16 oz. Mio is good too, if you like flavored water.

Last edited by Tate; 04-13-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: I can't do math.
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #4  
SiLly MuCh?

S/C/G: 200/193/130

Height: 5'5''

I haven't tried mio yet, but I add lemon juice like the other poster said. A plus to adding lemon juice is that you could potentially burn calories because lemon is one of those "negative calorie" foods we used to hear so much about. It takes more calories to digest it than there are in the lemon.
Dilli Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

i just said to myself, "i didn't drink enough water today"... it's hard, sometimes it's just soo boring. i might try to chug it in the a.m. like the above poster suggested..i do add crystal light sometimes too...
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

- Have one glass of water before each packet (3 glasses);
- Have one glass of water before dinner (1 glass);
- You could also try carbonated water and flavored carbonated water (lemon? lime?);
- Tea can count towards your water (but I think I read somewhere that it takes 2 cups of tea to equal 1 cup of water);
- If you use a bigger glass, you will be closer to your goal faster;
- I like to buy 500 mil water bottles and I know that I have to have 4 by the end of my day. I just keep refilling. I also bring one with me whenever I go anywhere.
- Try drinking with a straw and you'll probably drink more without even realizing it.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-13-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Keep it in the fridge so it's really cold. I can't drink water unless it very cold. Buy a fun cup. Mine is a green insulated 16 oz cup with a hard plastic straw (all BPA free) and dancing pandas on it. Be careful if you go the sparkling route because carbonation can dehydrate you. You might find in a few days that you'll be so thirsty that you'll crave water and it won't matter anymore. That's what happened to me. I couldn't do water without flavor before this diet. Now that's the only drink I crave.

Good luck and congratulations for starting the program! You can do it! You're worth it!
NannyOgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
Keep it in the fridge so it's really cold. I can't drink water unless it very cold. Buy a fun cup. Mine is a green insulated 16 oz cup with a hard plastic straw (all BPA free) and dancing pandas on it. Be careful if you go the sparkling route because carbonation can dehydrate you. You might find in a few days that you'll be so thirsty that you'll crave water and it won't matter anymore. That's what happened to me. I couldn't do water without flavor before this diet. Now that's the only drink I crave.

Good luck and congratulations for starting the program! You can do it! You're worth it!
Alternately, I cannot drink all that water if it IS cold LOL. Cold water is great for me after a workout but just to get in daily out of NEED, I find room temp water much easier. It will become second nature eventually, so just keep on with it, it's super important
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Alternately, I cannot drink all that water if it IS cold LOL. Cold water is great for me after a workout but just to get in daily out of NEED, I find room temp water much easier. It will become second nature eventually, so just keep on with it, it's super important
That's so funny! The only time I could stand water not being cold is when I would drink from the hose as a kid! Most things have to be ice cold for me to drink. It was hard when I was 16 and went to Russia for a month. They don't use ice in drinks, so the family I was staying with kept some juice in the fridge for me. Normally, they left it out.

I have a 2.5 gallon water jug in the fridge that I empty every 2 days. We keep some bottled water in case I forget to fill up the jug the night before. So weird, I used to hate tap water. Now that I drink so much of it, bottled tastes funny!
NannyOgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:55 AM   #10  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

I add MiO or DaVinci syrups to my water to keep things interesting. I have about 6 different DaVinci syrups and several different MiOs. You can also add DaVinci syrups to ice and put it in the blender to make a yummy slushie, but yet another way that seems like cheating but really just another way to get your water in.

Caffeinated tea cannot not count towards your water because the caffeine is dehydrating you.
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Dont forget lemon juice is like acid on your teeth, so when your sipping it all day your kind of slowly acid etching your teeth. Try to use sensodyne pro enamle to protect them. That is why big pepsi drinkers have weaker enamel. Coke is worse for the teeth has almost double the lemon juice in it.

When we have dry mouth, we are also prone to cavities, saliva protects our teeth, its like a buffer. so dry mouth plus lemon juice over time might add up to some new dental bills.

Have seen pts with dry mouths have cavities as often as every three months, and usually more then one.

So knowing how hard it is on this diet to make things work, stick with the pro enamel, as a procaution. Ask your dentist, he would tell their thoughts for drinking lemon juice in your water all the time.

Dont mean to lecture just trying to save you some $$$$. Been a dental hygienist for 25 years, so have seen alot of things in my day concerning enamel erosion.

When people talk of bleeding gums, from IP, its not true. The main reason for bleeding gums, besides an injury is PLAQUE.....so brush and floss, keep your pearly whites happy, as well as your pocket book!

Last edited by locks; 04-14-2011 at 07:14 AM.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #12  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

I chug 32 ounces when I get up m your already dehydrated from the night time so it makes it easier, then I drink a glass of about 12 oz every hour, after a week of doing this I'm actually feeling thirsty all the time so I'm drinking more.
jo2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #13  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

I have a giant 100 oz insulated Pepsi mug...it is huge and my coworkers laugh at it all the time....but I freeze a tupperware container filled with water, pop that huge ice cube into my mug, fill with water, and sip all day (colder is better for me!). I try to finish it every day...most days I don't, but I do drink on it all evening as well.....trying to get it down! And, I figure carrying that thing to work each day is a work out....and a reminder of what I use to carry on my body!

I also allow myself a 20 oz MIO drink at lunch (it feels like cheating).
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote