Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
just got back from my weigh in. i lost 5.4lbs which puts me at my 100lb loss.

i am beyond excited. i came to work and told everyone i knew. even told people that had no clue i was on a diet. but i am just so excited. hope everyone else is having a wonderful IP day.

keep up the good work.
FANTASTIC!!!!! You are an inspiration!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Congrats on being on the verge of your goal weight and most importantly for your upcoming addition! He/she is due on my daughter's 6th b-day. Good luck!!

You have done such an incredible job on IP. You look fantastic.
Wow!! Congrats and Congrats!!! That is wonderful!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

Does your breath *always* smell bad when you are in ketosis? I'm in the middle of my second week and although the top of my tongue feels dry, I don't think my breath is bad.

Holly
Old 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
I have a question. Has anybody ever felt like their Doctor (My coach is also my OB) set their weight goal too low? I can't remember ever weighing less than 170 in my life... (I'm 5 feet 4.75 inches, would you just say 5'5'?) and she wants me to get to 135! It seems impossible... I don't even know.... Did anyone else feel like that in the beginning?
It's your body and your money, therefore, your goal!
You decide. You could always set a goal that feels right for you for now and reevaluate later as you go along.

I have set my goal to reflect a 30 lb weight loss but I was 135 lbs on my wedding day and secretely, I would love to get down to 135 lbs again (I think it is kind of a goal in my head that is hard to let go)... but I am also feeling pretty good right now at 163 lbs and it is a big improvement from any weight that I've been since my daughter was born (5 years ago).

I actually went into this with a time limit that meant more to me than a number (but I never shared this with my coach). I wanted to be done by my son's birthday in early June. However, it is going slower than I had hoped but I feel better than I thought I would and I am not so sure about that anymore.

I know that I am definitely not ready to stop now but one thing is for sure, I am going to decide when I stop, not my coach and not some number on a scale! I give myself the right to readjust, up or down, at any time that I chose.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 209/202/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,
I am on my 9th day and tomorrow is my first WI! I can't wait to see what I've lost because I can already see a difference. I am missing regular food quite a bit but am determined to keep going. Whenever I start thinking about food I come on here and start reading all the success stories and looking at the pictures! It's a great motivator so thanks to all who have shared!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #66  
IP 10/28/10

S/C/G: 294.6/181.8/144 (8/3/11)

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
Started Sept 7 and have lost 116 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Started in May 2010,so about 11 months. I have lost 137lbs
Great going! You have given me additional incentive to continue with this IP journey.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #67  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxygyal View Post
Hi Everyone, I have just completed my first week of IP and I have not yet lost a pound, however, I have lost an inch in my waist and some of my measurements have lowered. A brief history, I had been on Anti Depressants over the last almost 4 years, the first one being Wellbutrin XL, and just this past October, my doc changed it to Pristiq. My weight went completely bonkers and I gained almost 25 pounds in 5 months. The doctor says it has nothing to do with the meds, but I beg to differ. Anyway, took myself off the meds and have been off of them for 3 weeks now. I don't know if the weight is still not coming down yet because the drug may still be working its way out of my system. I am still determined to do this diet, feeling horrible because nothing in my wardrobe fits, hoping to get back into them by the summer. Any thoughts?
Lots of thoughts! I was terrified of stopping Wellbutrin. I didn't want to feel the way I felt 3 years ago. Guess what, 3 weeks without it (like you) and I feel BETTER than I did taking it! My weight loss has been S-l-o-w. I think after it's completely out of my system, things will change. My Dr also said that wellbutrin was one of the few meds that wouldn't cause weight gain. BS! I gained 30 pounds over 6 months and was to the point where I wrote down every crumb I ate and couldn't keep the weight off. Good Luck! I think with IP we're in it to win-better mental and physical health!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #68  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
It's your body and your money, therefore, your goal!
You decide. You could always set a goal that feels right for you for now and reevaluate later as you go along.

I have set my goal to reflect a 30 lb weight loss but I was 135 lbs on my wedding day and secretely, I would love to get down to 135 lbs again (I think it is kind of a goal in my head that is hard to let go)... but I am also feeling pretty good right now at 163 lbs and it is a big improvement from any weight that I've been since my daughter was born (5 years ago).

I actually went into this with a time limit that meant more to me than a number (but I never shared this with my coach). I wanted to be done by my son's birthday in early June. However, it is going slower than I had hoped but I feel better than I thought I would and I am not so sure about that anymore.

I know that I am definitely not ready to stop now but one thing is for sure, I am going to decide when I stop, not my coach and not some number on a scale! I give myself the right to readjust, up or down, at any time that I chose.
Thank you. I do WANT to weigh 135, I've just never let myself think it was possible before. I didn't want to be disappointed... At 170 I was still a size 15 in juniors so I definitely had plenty to lose still... maybe it's possible... I don't know!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #69  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
just got back from my weigh in. i lost 5.4lbs which puts me at my 100lb loss.

i am beyond excited. i came to work and told everyone i knew. even told people that had no clue i was on a diet. but i am just so excited. hope everyone else is having a wonderful IP day.

keep up the good work.
Awesome work! That is amaizing. Keep at it, I, we and you know it is paying off. WONDERFUL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Good Morning all you IP Champions. I had my WI#20 yesterday night and I lost a total of -6.4 lbs for a total weight loss of -94.2 lbs and have lost a total of -62 inches. That is just awesome I can't wait to get to my goal weight. Unfortunately I have to wait for 2 weeks before I can weigh in again because I have to go away to Ottawa, Ontario for work. I just need 1.4 lbs to get to goal weight for me.

Congrats to everybody with there weight loss success and with all the NSV lately I haven't been able to post as much as I like but have been reading all the posts.

I have had a NSV as well in the last few weeks my wife and I have found out that we are having another child. We have been trying for 2 years now and finnally it has happened. The new addition should be here around November 5, 2011.

Have a great day everyone and keep going working hard you can all finnish this weight loss journey you have started. Have a great day.
Great news for you and your wife. You have done an amaizing job! I am so happy for you!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #70  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Hi everyone, day 3 for me! I am doing well and managing the hunger pangs in stride. I do not have the carb withdrawals as I was doing Atkins previous to this diet but with no results. My problem was that I took in way to many calories and fat because there were no real set limits. So I am craving nuts and avacados... Oh well, I crave a slim body more! Have an awesome IP day
Hi TWoww,

Day 3 for me as well :-) Today is the first day that I have actually felt hungry before lunch time and after lunch time. Just had some hot green tea, which has satisfied me for now. I am drinking lots of water as well so hopefully that will get me through till dinner.

Good luck with your weight loss!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #71  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default OH MY angelbeliever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Ok, I have been on IP for 5 weeks. I don't think I have been in ketosis yet! I haven't cheated. Can someone please explain this to me thanks.
Have you been on for 5 weeks or 5 days? What has your coach said to you about this? I believe it could take 5 days but not 5 weeks. Is there any one food perhaps that seems innocent but isn't? Carrots? Diet gum? Diet soda?

Some blood pressure meds can make it hard to get to ketosis but I was on 9 and still made it. I have never shown on one of the little urine tests but my loss tells me all is well. I am truly puzzled...
Old 04-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #72  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

WI #14 for me tomorrow and I fear it will show no loss to maybe a gain since my weekend of fun. First time this may happen. Still no regrets. Everyone is doing so good.

A word of advice to you all new and seasoned...if you do cheat, it will cost you time, money, effort and even emotional strain if seeing the scale go up really bothers you. Here is what happened to me, I was at 220 by the end of the weekend I was 234! I did not eat off protocol except for more protein than was required. I partook in the malted beverage and hardly any water. It did cost me dearly in numbers but I knew it would. I am fine with what I did and had no problem getting right back on the "horse" to finish this program.

Just wanted to share with you all. Have a great day!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #73  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Go KRISBELLE! GO KRISBELLE! How very exciting! Congratulations!

I've begun week 11 and have lost 32 pounds! I'm so excited. Less than a month to DDs wedding! Next dress fitting is a week away. Last week I wore 2 SPANX for fitting. Hopefully will wear 1 SPANX next week and none at the wedding. I'm hoping the SPANX will make enough of a difference in "fake" weight. Ha! Ha!

For you newbies, I so encourage you to stick with the plan. It is awesome to see that scale move down almost every day. I've had a couple of weeks when only 1 to 2 pounds were lost but still showed inches down those weeks. I continue to get new favorite IP foods dropping old ones by the wayside (for a time). There is so much variety... Dinners are my time to have fun and experiment with recipes. I LOVE LOVE LOVE so many of the ideas here at 3fatchicks. Smile.

Last edited by maykatcooper; 04-13-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 136/132.0/112

Height: 5ft1.5

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxygyal View Post
Hi Everyone, I have just completed my first week of IP and I have not yet lost a pound, however, I have lost an inch in my waist and some of my measurements have lowered. A brief history, I had been on Anti Depressants over the last almost 4 years, the first one being Wellbutrin XL, and just this past October, my doc changed it to Pristiq. My weight went completely bonkers and I gained almost 25 pounds in 5 months. The doctor says it has nothing to do with the meds, but I beg to differ. Anyway, took myself off the meds and have been off of them for 3 weeks now. I don't know if the weight is still not coming down yet because the drug may still be working its way out of my system. I am still determined to do this diet, feeling horrible because nothing in my wardrobe fits, hoping to get back into them by the summer. Any thoughts?
Well, on Wellbutrin, the weight was perfect, when I switched to Pristiq, that's when all the weight gain started, same for me, eating a crumb sent my weight out of control. In 5 months, I gained like 25 pounds, insane! I have been tracking everything, my coach thinks I needed to add an extra protein as I am also a vegetarian. My water intake is above what I need to drink. Started the extra protein yesterday. Haven't been able to go to hot yoga as I have not had enough energy to do so. The coach told me it wasn't really necessary right now anyway. Let's see how I do next week on my weigh in next visit next week. I am hoping for a miracle!!!! It may still be the fact that the antidepressants take a while to totally leave your body once you stop them. Emotionally I am doing fine, gonna keep it up! Thanks everyone! xo
Old 04-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #75  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
Does your breath *always* smell bad when you are in ketosis? I'm in the middle of my second week and although the top of my tongue feels dry, I don't think my breath is bad.

Holly
Not everyone has bad breath when in ketosis. Other indicators (from what I've read) are increased energy, not feeling hungry, increased thirst, a funny taste in your mouth and sometimes people say their pee/sweat smell different.

Good luck!
Closed Thread