Old 04-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #1  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Default What is your non weight related goal?

I was just curious, outside of weight loss if anyone has any dreams or goals.

I'll start.

I have always wanted to be a dancer. Not cool hip hop either. Ballet! I'm going to find a class for adults as soon as I feel like I can rock a leotard!

Anyone else have some goal or dream they're working towards that isn't weight related?
snowclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Hey, this is a good thread!

And that's an awesome goal, snowclover.

I used to be on the swim team in middle school and high school (about 10 years ago), and after I gained a ton of weight, I haven't worn a swim suit since. I have knee problems because I have flat feet, and so jogging and biking aren't the greatest forms of exercise for my joints. My doctor suggested swimming, which I haven't done becuase I'm too embarrassed to be in public in a swim suit - just a 1 piece!

So I guess one of my non-weight related goals is to be comfortable in a swim suit again. And maybe even comfortable in a bikini.
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

My non weight related goals are
1. to have my debt paid off by the end of this year ^_^
2. get all my things organized and dealt with so I stop looking like I need to be put on that hoarders show
3. work on myself and get through my emotional issues

I always loved ballet but I stopped dreaming about that when girls at school made fun of me for being so stupid to think I could dance when I'm fat.
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #4  
Awesome Member

Treena: I was on the swim team in high school too! Though I was big, I loved it! There is something so peaceful about swimming laps.

ilidawn
!!! That's awful! I'm sorry anyone ever treated you that way!

I love the grace and beauty of ballet and durn it, I will do it! So can you!!

*singing* We can dance if we want to! We can leave your friends behind! Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then their no friends of mine."

BTW, getting out of debt is one of my goals too! It's just not quite so close, but next year we hope!

Last edited by snowclover; 04-13-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #5  

*dances around* I totally love that song! I miss dancing and I hope this year I can overcome the bad feelings and get back to moving with the beat! lol

Only reason I'm so close is that the only real debts I have are the car(used but had to take out a loan) and the credit card. (I'm mad about the credit card though because my brother convinced me it would be good for my credit, then asked to borrow like $700 for his rent paid with my credit card, then when he "repaid" me by paying for the rent for my mom and my apartment I wound up with $700 plus all the interest on my shoulders. then due to a lot of bad events I wound up having to max it out..the interest is horrible!)
Old 04-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #6  
Awesome Member

No more credit cards for me. I had a similar experience with an ex-boyfriend when I was 18. Thankfully it had a $500 limit, but once I found out (years later) that he'd maxed it and just never told me, with interest I paid about $1400.00

No more credit cards... ever!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #7  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I want to be a successful published writer and produced playwright.
I want to buy the house I live in and fix it up for my needs.
I want a 1964 Citroen DS 19 BHV.

That's all!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #8  

snowcloverWow...what a jerk thing to do! You actually had to pay for it? Sounds like identity theft to me..though I don't know much about those things lol lucky your limit was $500...I have no idea why they gave me a $1300 limit when I was just 18..actually I do know, it's a way to own all of us because when we're young we don't know fully how these things work.
geoblewisThat's such a pretty car!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #9  
Awesome Member

Geoblewis: Thanks for linking that car, I had no idea.

My dream car is a 1967 Camaro SS... <3 Half the time I want to make it pink, and the other time I want it to be candy apple red... I also saw a midnight blue one once that was beautiful... clearly I can't decide on a color.

I hope you are able to get published! I enjoy writing, but doubt I'll ever submit anything.

ilidawn We were living together when he used my card (*he snuck it. I never knew he used it.) so the company said it was my responsibility still. I broke up with him and moved out and forgot to change my address so the bill continued to go to him. I didn't find out until I pulled my credit report years later. People can be awful.

Last edited by snowclover; 04-13-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/258/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilidawn View Post
My non weight related goals are
1. to have my debt paid off by the end of this year ^_^
2. get all my things organized and dealt with so I stop looking like I need to be put on that hoarders show
3. work on myself and get through my emotional issues

I always loved ballet but I stopped dreaming about that when girls at school made fun of me for being so stupid to think I could dance when I'm fat.
Oh you sound JUST LIKE ME! I have the same goals!!!
marlana1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #11  
SiLly MuCh?

S/C/G: 200/193/130

Height: 5'5''

I love this post. There's life other than weight loss after all. I think we forget that sometimes and our diets become our life.
My BIG BIG dream right now is to be a stay at home mom again. I was for two years after my son (second child) was born and loved every minute of it. After my husband was injured on the job (EMT) I had to go back to the workforce. Right now we're trying to get our own business up and running. If it takes off (Fingers crossed) I'll finally be able to come back home. Here's hoping.
Aside from that, someday I want a buy a two story Victorian farmhouse with a big wrap around front porch and cherry trees and dogwoods in the yard.
And for my midlife crisis, (which I'm hoping is still a few years away lol) I want a BMW Z4 ... oh, i love that car!!
With that said, everybody raise your carrots, I want to make a toast. Here's hoping we all reach our goals, both weight loss and otherwise.
Dilli Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #12  
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilli Doo View Post
I love this post. There's life other than weight loss after all. I think we forget that sometimes and our diets become our life.
My BIG BIG dream right now is to be a stay at home mom again. I was for two years after my son (second child) was born and loved every minute of it. After my husband was injured on the job (EMT) I had to go back to the workforce. Right now we're trying to get our own business up and running. If it takes off (Fingers crossed) I'll finally be able to come back home. Here's hoping.
Aside from that, someday I want a buy a two story Victorian farmhouse with a big wrap around front porch and cherry trees and dogwoods in the yard.
And for my midlife crisis, (which I'm hoping is still a few years away lol) I want a BMW Z4 ... oh, i love that car!!
With that said, everybody raise your carrots, I want to make a toast. Here's hoping we all reach our goals, both weight loss and otherwise.
Awesome goals! I dream of being a stay at home mom too. I can't have carrots on IP (can you?) so we should toast packets instead.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #13  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

Ditto on the swimsuit!! But really, my priority is to flaunt amazing collarbones!!! They're already starting to peek out and I'm elated!!

Non weight related? I'd like to run, to dance, and to GRADUATE!

Last edited by TatiN; 04-13-2011 at 08:22 PM.
TatiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #14  

Default goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
I was just curious, outside of weight loss if anyone has any dreams or goals.

I'll start.

I have always wanted to be a dancer. Not cool hip hop either. Ballet! I'm going to find a class for adults as soon as I feel like I can rock a leotard!

Anyone else have some goal or dream they're working towards that isn't weight related?
I have always wanted to learn ballroom dancing
justbecause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Excellent topic!

Well, I want to ride a rollercoaster, go to Harry Potter World, get into yoga, finish my degree, wear sexy underwear, wear a dress, get a pedicure and wear sandals, and adopt a child or be the funnest auntie ever! Not necessarily in that order.
NannyOgg is offline   Reply With Quote