Old 02-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilstormtracker View Post
I just started the Alternative Phase 1 Plan also. They said you dont lose as much weight so I've been skeptical. I tried the regular IP plan and got very sick from the lack of sugar and carbs. I have my first weigh in on Tuesday. I am soo nervous!! Also, do any of you cheat every once in awhile? I had a little bowl of ice cream (fat free and no sugar added) last night...I feel like I need to go to confession or something!!
Even on the alternative plan you need to stick to it and not cheat if you want it to work.

Sugar and carbs are definitely not good for you as your detox shows. You will very quickly adapt to the structure of phase 1 and will feel better!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Here you go. Now these are the Alternative sheets that Diabetics use. If you are wanting Alternative sheets for the use of using the alternative products, there are not any. Just follow the regular IP plan but just use the alternative products.
Thanks, this is what I wanted. My mother in law is diabetic and had questions about the alternative plan for diabetics!! You rock!!
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #18  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

I had my first WI since starting the Alternative Phase 1 Plan last week. Down 5.4lbs I am anxious to hear how anyone else on the Alternative Plan is doing. Have a happy OP day!

Last edited by Lorilou; 02-24-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Lorilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #19  

Quote:
Here you go. Now these are the Alternative sheets that Diabetics use. If you are wanting Alternative sheets for the use of using the alternative products, there are not any. Just follow the regular IP plan but just use the alternative products.

Weird, I dont see the attached sheet Could you please repost?
leelhyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #20  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
I've been doing it. The first week I had 4 packets and most days ate all the food that it called for and lost 7.8 lbs. And, yes, you can have one restricted food choice per day. After the first week I cut back on the additional allowance of foods, and for example, I would just eat one slice of toast instead of 2, went down to 3 packets per day, lost 3 pounds, the following week I kept my fruit in the morning and ate some dairy, yogurt for lunch and lost 3.8 pounds.
I am so glad to see this thread. I have been on IP for 10 weeks now and am down 21 lbs. I am having a tough time because I feel like I want a cheese stick or a greek yogert or some berries. I no longer crave sweets just dairy and occassionally fruit. I had a heart to heart with my coach and we decided that I would go on the alternative plan. She has started phasing me off the regular plan. I am now on phase 2 and have been all this week. Then she wants me to go to phase 3 for 2 weeks and then start the alternative plan. I am concerned I will gain weight on phase three. My coach said I could gain 3-5 lbs but would be able to take it right off on the alternative plan. I go back on Friday and I am going to ask if I have to go to phase 3 before doing this. I am kind of concerned after seeing how much food one can have on phase 3.

Last edited by gs463; 03-21-2012 at 07:57 PM.
gs463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelhyn View Post
Weird, I dont see the attached sheet Could you please repost?

I will find it again for you and re-attach them. For now here is a typed up one for phase one:

Alternative Plan - Phase 1 - To Be Followed Until 90% Of Your Wieght Goal Is Achieved
Breakfast
1 IP packet
plus one group choice ( will list groups below)
plus coffee/tea with 1 oz skim milk
sweetener allowed

lunch
1 IP packet
plus 1 group choice
plus
2 cups select veggies and unlimited lettuce

dinner

7 oz fish or 5 oz meat from select choice
plus 1 group choice
plus 2 cups select veggies

snack

1 IP packet

Compulsory

64 oz water

1-2 teaspoon olive or grape seed oil

regular IP supplements

IMPORTANT: only one choice from each GROUP is permitted per day. ALL THREE GROUPS MUST be consumed per day.

GROUP 1

2 slices toast ( whole grain, pumpernickel, rye, multigrain,sourdough, stone ground whole wheat, oat bran, sprouted grain)
150 grams whole wheat pasta
150 grams brown rice ( not instant)
1 sweet potato, or small boiled potato
60 grams oatmeal ( non instant)
150 gram - 200 grams couscous
50 grams unsweetened cereal (bran, oat, whole grain or barley)
150 grams cooked legumes (chick peas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans)
150 gram corn

Group 2

fresh fruit ( example: 1 grapefruit, 1 apple, 2 kiwis, 150 g pineapple, 1 banana,200 g strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries.
fruit is allowed, but optional, and must not be replaced with another food group.

group 3

1 sugar free yogurt
1 - 60 oz glass milk (2% M.F or less)
30 gram cheese (about 20% M.F)
120 g cottage cheese
60 g feta cheese

Meat, veggie, seasoning choices are the same as regular phase 1.

Last edited by rissimo; 03-22-2012 at 07:20 AM.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Found them, here is the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-phases-4.html
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #23  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

My sheet shows 8 oz for protein. What is the date of your sheet?

I LOVE the Alternative Phase 1 Plan. I don't feel as deprived and I have lost more weight per week. I break up my Group foods and eat them as snacks throughout the day. Be careful with the milk choice though. Milk has 10 grams of sugar in 6oz and may kick you out of ketosis. I switched to Weight Watcher's string cheese and dropped back in ketosis. The sweet potato may be a problem too because of the sugar and scallops have sugar as well. I track all my food through myfitnesspal.com so I can see if my sugar is going to be too high for the food choices I plan to make that day and if they are I readjust. These are just some observations I have made while on the Alternative Plan. Good luck!

Quote:
I will find it again for you and re-attach them. For now here is a typed up one for phase one:

Alternative Plan - Phase 1 - To Be Followed Until 90% Of Your Wieght Goal Is Achieved
Breakfast
1 IP packet
plus one group choice ( will list groups below)
plus coffee/tea with 1 oz skim milk
sweetener allowed

lunch
1 IP packet
plus 1 group choice
plus
2 cups select veggies and unlimited lettuce

dinner

7 oz fish or 5 oz meat from select choice
plus 1 group choice
plus 2 cups select veggies

snack

1 IP packet

Compulsory

64 oz water

1-2 teaspoon olive or grape seed oil

regular IP supplements

IMPORTANT: only one choice from each GROUP is permitted per day. ALL THREE GROUPS MUST be consumed per day.

GROUP 1

2 slices toast ( whole grain, pumpernickel, rye, multigrain,sourdough, stone ground whole wheat, oat bran, sprouted grain)
150 grams whole wheat pasta
150 grams brown rice ( not instant)
1 sweet potato, or small boiled potato
60 grams oatmeal ( non instant)
150 gram - 200 grams couscous
50 grams unsweetened cereal (bran, oat, whole grain or barley)
150 grams cooked legumes (chick peas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans)
150 gram corn

Group 2

fresh fruit ( example: 1 grapefruit, 1 apple, 2 kiwis, 150 g pineapple, 1 banana,200 g strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries.
fruit is allowed, but optional, and must not be replaced with another food group.

group 3

1 sugar free yogurt
1 - 60 oz glass milk (2% M.F or less)
30 gram cheese (about 20% M.F)
120 g cottage cheese
60 g feta cheese

Meat, veggie, seasoning choices are the same as regular phase 1.
Lorilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 169/167/136

Height: 5'6"

Hi! I'm a newbie! I have been on the alternative plan for Ideal Protein for 3 days. I can't tell if anything is working just yet. I had a slight headache this morning but nothing too bad. I am a type 1 diabetic so the diet is actually good for my sugar levels!! Keep posting!!
amy3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #25  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

In the first sticky, post #4, there are .pdf for the phase 1 and 2 of alternative plan (posted by Lisa). How fresh are they? For example in protein it says "2 whole eggs" only, and in vegetables the pepperrs are occasional veggies...so I'm just wondering if this is the most "current" sheet for alternative plan.

Also, does anyone have, or knows a link to the sheets for alternative phases 3 and 4?
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #26  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Hi Everyone,
My coach suggested I switch to the alternative plan because I was having a difficult time sticking to the regular plan without any slip ups. I'm concerned about switching and either gaining weight or just not losing any, although with all my cheats the past few months I haven't lost much anyways.

Just wondering how everyone is doing on this. Has anyone else had to switch part way through and did they notice a significant decrease in their weight loss?

My biggest concern is that I only have about 8 more pounds to go and to get rid of those pounds I might have to stick to the regular plan which is a lot more strict than allowing myself all of those extras we get on the alternative plan. Thoughts?
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #27  

Red face About to start...question on group choices

The RN who is coaching me did not say anything about ensuring that when making a group choice, it had to be one item from each group per meal. Is this still the case? I am a type 1 diabetic about the alternative plan and I'm wondering if I can have two pieces of toast twice a day or only once? Should I have been told I must pick from one of the three groups for each meal so that I cover all three group choices in one day?
wooden shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #28  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Did she give you the alternative plan sheet? The sheet should say that only 1 from each group is allowed. You shouldn't substitute one for another, because each has a different carb, sugar and calorie counts.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #29  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I can't seem to find the sheet. Is there a link? If so, it's not showing up on my computer.
Thanks, I'm real curious what it looks like.
AAAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

So my question for you ladies is are you all diabetic or just do the plan this way as its easier to stick to long term? I love IP however switch to alterative products to save on $. I did IP last winter and lost all the weight phased off correctly didn’t change my eating habits and gain all the weight back fast! So I’m starting over again. I guess I’m not concerned about taking the weight off as fast as I want it to stay off long term and would like to adapt ‘phase 1’ into a continuous lifestyle form, however I’m missing some dairy and fruit here and there.
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote