Old 04-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #16  

Thank You. Today is a new day! I have not strayed since the cookie last night. I lost another pound too. According to my scale, 8lbs. Its day 7, and weighing in on day 9. So glad to have found the support of this group. Have a great day!
ksmjg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #17  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmjg2011 View Post
Thank You. Today is a new day! I have not strayed since the cookie last night. I lost another pound too. According to my scale, 8lbs. Its day 7, and weighing in on day 9. So glad to have found the support of this group. Have a great day!
Today is a new day, and if you start thinking about cheating again, stop think about why you want what you want, try going for a walk, or even have a dill pickle that helps and please get food that you like as it will help a lot. also experiment and check out the recipes. I love trying different things, also check out the sticky fun things to do with the packets... there may be something there that you can do to make the packs you have now better until your wi. Have a good day.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default Pickles

Another suggestion would be to keep some dill pickles on hand. When you are craving something sweet or salty that is not on the program, you may want to try a pickle. My coach told me about that and they really can help. It will count toward your 4 cups of veggies for the day. I also eat sauerkraut and that helps too.
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 283/241/133

Height: 5' 3"

I love the puddings - but I add extra water, flavorings, spices and drink them. I LOVE the vanilla pudding with cinnamon as a shake. I've added Sweetleaf Chocolate Raspberry and Valencia Orange to the dark chocolate pudding and it is soooo good! It's like drinking a Terry's Chocolate Orange or eating one of those yummy chocolate covered raspberry sticks. I do those for breakfast because they are quick & easy. I keep one with me for lunch, also, because I don't always make it home and I don't like to get caught without anything.

I dislike the soups - but I'm hoping when they get the glitch worked out of the broccoli cheese that it will be good. (I guess they put MSG in it and had to recall all of it!) I LOVE the restricteds....sigh....the chili, spaghetti, oatmeal, bars, pancakes, etc. Wish I could have those more than once a day! LOL!!

I enjoy the drinks a lot - but switched back to the pudding shakes because they are a little lower carb and then I don't feel so bad about eating my restricted every day.

The RTD drinks are amazing! I am now addicted to those. I think the chocolate tastes like a McDonald's milkshake.

All that to say there are all kinds of ways to 'hack the packets' to make them tolerable/enjoyable, but just be sure that the basic packets are things you enjoy (sweet vs. savory, etc.). Don't be afraid to experiment with them, either! That's how we ended up with all those great recipes in the threads!!

Good Luck!
Sherilyn
Shetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 263/212/160

Height: 5'7

Tomorrow is a a new day.....someone once told me nothing tastes as as good as thin feels....keep that in mind when you feel tempted

Last edited by cesteacher; 04-10-2011 at 11:00 PM.
cesteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:03 AM   #21  
emh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesteacher View Post
Tomorrow is a a new day.....someone once told me nothing tastes as as good as thin feels....keep that in mind when you feel tempted
Amen to that!!!! LOL
emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:46 AM   #22  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

I cheated last night too. Went to a dinner at a conference I was at and asked for a carb free version of dinner which was good, they accomodated and that's the best I could hope for. Then they brought me a carb free 'dessert' which was a plate of cheeses!!! Oh my goodness!! I couldn't resist.....cheese is like crack to me!! BUT....after i ate it I felt so nauseous....I had to leave the dinner about half an hour after eating the cheese and threw up...three times...and then felt horrific today and a major headache. So, cheese, you are not my friend and I won't be eating you any time in the foreseeable future. Cheese is crack and crack is whack. That's my new motto.
sugadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:49 AM   #23  

Any suggestions for some gum, mints, or hard candy? I am at work right now trying to stay away from all the Easter Candy that is calling my name. I will not have ANY!
ksmjg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Cheese is crack and crack is whack. That's my new motto.

Sorry it made you sick, but that phrase made me laugh!! Hope you have a good day today!
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #25  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

I was into my 5th week on IP with NO CHEATS, had 20 pounds off, and then I went out of town for two days this past weekend.
First day by supper time I had the sickest of all headaches going on and meds were not touching it. I forgot to pack my sea salt. I decided to eat "real food" with my supper in an effort to try to feel better. I did feel better, then the next day (Saturday) I continued eating off the plan.
I hate it that I did that, but am back on track today, but not feeling so well. I think I messed myself up, but planning on tomorrow being a better day once my body re-adjusts.
I wanted to do this perfectly, but I failed to do so. **sigh**
I will be THRILLED if I don't gain anything this week....I doubt I will lose, but hoping for the best!
wekaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'6"

Almost to my 4th week with 14.5 pounds and 16.5 inches lost...... I've cheated now for 3 days.... mostly with leftover BIRTHDAY CAKE! ugh! Not even sure why I am doing it. I don't crave sweets, I crave cheesy, goey, mexican food with lots of red sauce and tortillas. I feel out of control and wonder how I am going to get myself back on track. Food addiction is just as hard as a drug/alcohol addiction. I wake up and say "today is a new day, get back on track" but instead i run home at lunch and eat a huge piece of cake! I cannot stop thinking of "off limit" foods. It's consuming my life.
I need to do some serious soul searching......

Thanks all for letting me vent *hugs*
ashwyo is offline   Reply With Quote