Old 04-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #16  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #17  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Beachbella - It is so exciting to get compliments like that. I was told I am getting really skinny too... so I think to myself I guess compared to being 241 that yes I guess 30 lbs does make me skinnyer...
So I have a question my goal is 140lbs, and eveyone is shocked that I want to lose 100lbs. Now saying that I don't remember ever being at 140 so maybe my goal will change when I get in the one hundreds but for now that is my goal and I want to be thin but healthy like my sister. She has always been my role model, I know now she isn't as healthy as she should be but she is still there for me. I haven't told her I am losing weight I want it to be a surprise when I visit her this summer. She will be shocked that I don't want to go for a junk food run, as the US has such different snacks then canada.... and a whole lot more peanut butter treats... yummy, still have a store of salted nut rolls in my freezer from last trip... Does Jolly Rancher make sugar free/calarie free candies? Does anyone else have thoughts or changing their minds on their original goal?

Judogirl that is awesome when you find the red bikini please have a swim for me too..

Have a great day everyone, wi #8 tomorrow, can't wait, that still sounds strange to me... that I can't wait to be weighed.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
Ah yes---shame.....the cause of many a malady.....there is a WONDERFUL book out there---called "When Women Stop Hating Their Bodies" It is a non-diet book, but what is more valuable is the way you can learn to start loving your body JUST THE WAY IT IS. Books by Geneen Roth (ANY of them) are also wonderful. Shame is NOT a motivator. You are on this Earth ON purpose, FOR a purpose---and the number on the scale has NOTHING to do with your weight or size. If you REALLY what to get adventurous, you can read the book "Big Fat Lies" or "Fat is a Feminist Issue"----worthwhile reads, IMHO. You are worth having every good thing just the way you are---RIGHT NOW.
Oooo! Thank you, Tate! I will look into those! Today has started out to be pretty good. I slept like a cat last night. First time in a long time I've had such good sleep. And I've been on meds to fight insomnia. Maybe soon I can give those up too!

I hope all of you beautiful IP'ers have a wonderful day!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #19  

Feel amazing today, so happy the sun is shinning here and have been able to get out for two walks a day with my little men. I feel much lighter and will wait to weigh myself the same day as I go for my WI (Tuesday) just to compare scales, their's has apparently been out a few pounds.

This is day 10 on IP for me and I cannot believe how much better my skin looks and feels and just how in general I feel so much better about myself. It seems some days like a horrible long journey to get this weight off but all of you and your success are a huge inspiration to me.

Have a great day!!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Wishing everyone a great Thursday!

I have lots of running around to do to finalize things that my family will need for my Father-in-law's memorial Service on Saturday: dress socks for husband and son, get shirts pressed for husband and son (I don't iron!), find a cute hair clip for my daughter and purchase stockings for me that are NOT Queen size for the first time in... years!!!

I am still sticking to the protocol but I find that I may be sometimes eating too much still. I have to be careful. I had a bit more than my 5 oz of chicken for supper last night (marinated in WF balsamic dressing and grilled on the BBQ - so good!) and instead of an extra packet for working out, I had leftover beef and vegetable stir fry (made with only IP permitted items and veggies) with my packet (vegetable chili) for lunch. Not sure if that was really okay or not...?

I also had a made-up version of a diet soft drink yesterday: diet Crystal Light singles packet (strawberry-orange-banana, made with Splenda) in plain carbonated spring water! I really enjoyed that a lot!

Today, I should be receiving an order from Low Carb Canada: wf ketchup, wf salad dressings (including Thousand Island so that I can finally try the Big Mac in a Bowl!), miracle noodles, etc. I can't wait!

I am loving this board and I honestly don't know how I would do this without you. Thank you all for being here!

Congrats to all those with SV and NSV!

Good luck to those going for their WI today!

Hang in there for those having a tough time... you can do it!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-07-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Drive by.......WI today--- in three and a half weeks, I am down 23 pounds!!!!!

SUUUUPPPERRRRRRR excited!! I asked my coach when it would slow down (you know, most programs you start off with a "bang" and then it slows)--she said she didn't think it was going to!! At this rate (or even a little slower) I could be at my goal before August!!! HOLY COW!!!!!

Gotta run!! Have a great IP day!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all
Has anyone read Gary taubes book why we get fat?

It is very interesting and extremely supportive of sn ideal protein type of eating plan.

His chapter on why exercise does not help you lose weight is also interesting, but I am still hitting the gym 6 days a week! I like it too much!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I think this will be a hard question to answer since there are so many variables that make up this dish. It depends on the ground meat you use, do you use ground turkey or beef? The lettuce you choose, I use iceberg. Will you cut up pickles and onions and use them in your big mac bowl?

We eat this every Tuesday night and love it. We just call it burger in a bowl since we can not stand the thousand island dressing. I alternate using turkey and beef, use iceberg lettuce and chop up onions and pickles. I used mustard instead of dressing.

Sorry I could not answer your question.
Thankyou for this! I will use extra lean ground beef and yes pickles and onions for sure. Good ideas re: the mustart etc.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Can anyone tell me where on the IP forum I can find info on TOM during IP? I can't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Hi all
Has anyone read Gary taubes book why we get fat?

It is very interesting and extremely supportive of sn ideal protein type of eating plan.

His chapter on why exercise does not help you lose weight is also interesting, but I am still hitting the gym 6 days a week! I like it too much!
I have not read it, but I have read about exercising not helping to lose weight. It was very interesting. But exercising is still good for you!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

SUUUUPPPERRRRRRR excited!! I asked my coach when it would slow down (you know, most programs you start off with a "bang" and then it slows)--she said she didn't think it was going to!! At this rate (or even a little slower) I could be at my goal before August!!! HOLY COW!!!!!

You go, Tate!! You're doing so well, and your great attitude is infectious. Have a really amazing day!!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Well, congrats to all who had good WIs today. We're going to spend the day with my parents who live a couple of hours away. My dad is recovering from a stroke, and I havent seen them in a few weeks. My WI is tomorrow, so I'm really determined to have a perfect IP day today, but I know I'll be tempted with whatever feast my mom will be whipping up for supper. Unlike me, she's happiest when she's cooking for people! Wish me strength everyone.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Beachbella - It is so exciting to get compliments like that. I was told I am getting really skinny too... so I think to myself I guess compared to being 241 that yes I guess 30 lbs does make me skinnyer...
So I have a question my goal is 140lbs, and eveyone is shocked that I want to lose 100lbs. Now saying that I don't remember ever being at 140 so maybe my goal will change when I get in the one hundreds but for now that is my goal and I want to be thin but healthy like my sister. She has always been my role model, I know now she isn't as healthy as she should be but she is still there for me. I haven't told her I am losing weight I want it to be a surprise when I visit her this summer. She will be shocked that I don't want to go for a junk food run, as the US has such different snacks then canada.... and a whole lot more peanut butter treats... yummy, still have a store of salted nut rolls in my freezer from last trip... Does Jolly Rancher make sugar free/calarie free candies? Does anyone else have thoughts or changing their minds on their original goal?

Judogirl that is awesome when you find the red bikini please have a swim for me too..

Have a great day everyone, wi #8 tomorrow, can't wait, that still sounds strange to me... that I can't wait to be weighed.
You go girl! I am proud of you..I am learning so much information on here~ Now, I can't wait to go get the fixings for the Big Mac in a bowl!! hugs
Old 04-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #28  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I WI in an hour and a half... As long as I hit 60 lbs this week, I'll be a happy camper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Today will be the last time I go to my coach. I have never really gotten any information or encouragement from her. I have been at my goal for the last 2 weeks and she didn't even notice I had to tell her that I was at goal and ready for phase II. She was shocked..pretty strange. Told me the only difference between phase I and II is the lunch. She said at lunch eat my 5 oz meat (not the new amount) and don't have the lunch protien packet, then she was done and left. No offer of the Phase II sheet or anything...good thing for this thread.

I'm upset about not getting the lunch packet, I enjoy this packet after lunch and I don't want to give it up

I asked on the expierenced thread and Darbs responded but because her answer isn't what I wanted to hear I'm going to ask again. Is there anyone out there on Phase II that still has the lunch protien packet? Maybe if I choose a low carb one like the Pudding it will be ok???? Any thoughts anyone??
There IS no phase 2 sheet - what your coach told you is right. Others have suggested you doing a real protein at breakfast (eggs or whatever) and then you can still have your lunch packet. The whole point of phase 2 is for you to start phasing back into real food and waking your pancreas back up. When you go to phase 3, you should be completely off packets (or only having one as a snack). Do you really want to keep buying them forever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all!

I will be making the big mac in a bowl tonight, and was wondering if anyone has seen or calculated the total carb / fat / calories in that recipe?

tks
You can go to my fitness pal dot com and set up an account there, then input all the nutritional information for the recipe and they'll calculate it for you. As Jman said, there are a lot of variables with a recipe like that - you're better off looking it up yourself based on what you make it with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Also, do all of you eat your "snack packet" at night after dinner, or do you switch it up and eat it at other times during the day?
I always have mine after dinner. There is the occasional day that just because I'm hungry, I end up having 4 packets (generally 3 packets and a bar!) but for me, I find that snack after dinner is REALLY important. I generally eat dinner around 5 and then don't do breakfast until 8 or 9 in the morning because of my work schedule, so that is a REALLY long time for my body to be without fuel. Our bodies burn the most while we're asleep, so giving it that extra protein before bed helps that. It also helps me keep from waking up hungry! My nightly snack is chai tea made with the vanilla pudding packet - it's my daily treat and I look forward to it every night! Plus, the pudding is one of the lowest carb highest protein packets.

Quote:
So I have a question my goal is 140lbs, and eveyone is shocked that I want to lose 100lbs. Now saying that I don't remember ever being at 140 so maybe my goal will change when I get in the one hundreds but for now that is my goal and I want to be thin but healthy like my sister... Does anyone else have thoughts or changing their minds on their original goal?
Absolutely I've thought of changing my goal! I picked 130 as an arbitrary goal when I started IP. I had no idea what my body would look like at that weight, but I knew that my mom who is the same height as me and slightly smaller build weighed about 125 and was a size 4-6. Sunday marks 6 months of IP for me and as right now, I'm sitting at 153 (WI in 2 hrs!) in a size 4. Part of me wants to hit 130 just so I'm "average" on the BMI charts, but the other part of me has always had a size 4 in mind as my size goal and doesn't think I need to go lower than that. So, with all that in mind, I've decided that I will do another 4 weeks on phase 1, then begin to phase off. If I find in 6 months I want to come back and tackle the last 15 lbs (or however many it is when I'm done), then I know how to do that. Your goal is just that - yours. My body has been reshaped by this diet in ways I could never imagine - for example, when I was this weight in high school, I was a size 10-12. Not 4. When you get closer to the end, you'll have a better idea of where you want to be!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Juice - Happy belated birthday. Hope you had a blast. Nice job on the WI today.

Judogirl - you are only 4 lbs from goal....OMG you must me so excited....I am excited for you.

As anyone had the coconut greenmountain coffee? I have a new love and mixed it with my IP chocolate pudding that I made into a shake this morning and I can say is OMG! Kind of reminding me of a sinful Cword bar! Yummy!

My WI is tomorrow looking forward to it. I have not peaked on the scale this week I am waiting for the WI. Had a NSV yesterday. My office had a happy hour and the quote I got was "Ally I can not believe how skinny you are getting" it is the world skinny that I loved! If they only knew I had so much more weight to go. But I will take the compliment.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.
I got the "skinny" comment the other day too and my jaw dropped LOL I'm not sure I've ever been called that my whole life, but like you, I'll take it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaclyn06 View Post
Just wanted to stop by this morning to say 'Hi!". This week has not been fun at all. On Saturday we started with the first sick kid and slowly it has been moving through the house. I have been sick since Monday.

I will have to admit that I have not been on IP for this whole week cause about the only thing I have had is 7-up. So not expecting much on the scale this week . Hopefully next week will be way better.

Congrats to Judy!! Yea only 4 more to go!!!

Happy Birthday Juice!!
Feel better hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Had a great weigh in yesterday down 4 lbs...I am now so close to my goal..4 lbs away...
yesterday I also joined the gym....signed up for a hottie body class....and I'm going to start looking for a new red swimsuit..that is for my goal..and even if the pool is not ready i'm taking a swim...
66 lbs gone...wow I can't believe it..
If you have days that you tell yourself you don't think you can..well guess what..YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Amazing!! Wow, so close to goal, can't even imagine how great that must feel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
Great SV yesterday!
After weeks of cheats and on-off protocol, I finally had a good week! Weigh in last night and I'm down another 3.8 LBS! I didn't check the sacle all week, so it was a surprise. Now I think I can hold off all the cravings for easter chocolate, pizza, wine and the list goes on, because I am again seeing the results! Besides I have a few cheat days booked in May and June for weddings, so I have to give the program my all untill then!

Good Luck everyone! It works!
Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Juiceman - glad you had a great birthday, and keep rockin' the weight loss! You keep me motivated.

Judogirl - Awesome job! I'm so proud of you, and just think how awesome you're going to look in that red swimsuit!

I'm trying to stay motivated today. I got on the scale at home this morning, and I'm only about 3# down (WI #2 is tomorrow), and I'm retaining water. It might be from the antibiotic I'm on or the steroid shot I got earlier in the week for my sinus and ear infection. I hope I can drink enough water to flush it all out today. I was really hoping for another 5 lbs this week.

Also, do all of you eat your "snack packet" at night after dinner, or do you switch it up and eat it at other times during the day?

Thanks and I hope everyone has a rocking day! Oh, and work good news...I'm getting a promotion! I found out yesterday, and I'm pretty pumped.
3 pounds lost is AWESOME, don't forget that! I know it's natural to want big numbers every week but 3 is nothing to be sad about...keep up the great work! As for the snack packet, I often switch my meals up at different times of day, depending on mood, and it hasn't seemed to affect me either way. I was told by my coach that this was allowed.

Quote:

I'm getting the shocked looks too when I tell people I want to lose 100 lbs....I guess cause no one really would believe what weight I started out at because I have a lot of underlying muscle that makes me weigh heavier than I look. I was always very athletic growing up, into rowing especially, so my target weight is higher than most for my height because of it. For me personally, I don't think people's reactions are going to change my mind on where I want to be, only you will know what's right for you and there's nothing wrong in changing your goal weight to be higher or lower depending on how you see yourself and how you're feeling. Keep up the great job you're doing!

Quote:

Awesome! I also asked my coach when I could expect to slow down or plateau and she swears that in all reality, I shouldn't, which is super exciting Never been on a diet before where there was little chance of that happening, although, Im still a bit wary to see whether it will actually happen or not. Here's hoping for the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Well, congrats to all who had good WIs today. We're going to spend the day with my parents who live a couple of hours away. My dad is recovering from a stroke, and I havent seen them in a few weeks. My WI is tomorrow, so I'm really determined to have a perfect IP day today, but I know I'll be tempted with whatever feast my mom will be whipping up for supper. Unlike me, she's happiest when she's cooking for people! Wish me strength everyone.
Lots of strength to you my friend. You've done beautifully and will continue to

Just checking in before my day gets crazy as usual Always so glad to see so many posts here, definitely helps to keep me going! I have WI #7 in the morning and am hoping for another great week! Looking forward to getting some new food in the house today and tomorrow and maybe trying something new...as much as I love my restricted cheese puffs, I think this week, I may try some bars for the first time....we'll see.

Have a great, OP day everyone!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #30  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post

I always have mine after dinner. There is the occasional day that just because I'm hungry, I end up having 4 packets (generally 3 packets and a bar!) but for me, I find that snack after dinner is REALLY important. I generally eat dinner around 5 and then don't do breakfast until 8 or 9 in the morning because of my work schedule, so that is a REALLY long time for my body to be without fuel. Our bodies burn the most while we're asleep, so giving it that extra protein before bed helps that. It also helps me keep from waking up hungry! My nightly snack is chai tea made with the vanilla pudding packet - it's my daily treat and I look forward to it every night! Plus, the pudding is one of the lowest carb highest protein packets.
Thank you so much for your reply!

And good luck with your WI today! I hope it's a great number!
Closed Thread