Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #226  
Started IP 12/6/12
 
bubbleblower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 653

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Default

Breakfast for this morning:

Coffee w/Silk - Pure Almond Unsweetened Almondmilk

Egg Sandwich
Thomas - 100% Whole Wheat Bagel Thin, 1 Bagel
Natural Pepper Jack Cheese
Egg Beaters - All Natural Egg Whites
Jones Dairy Farm - Ham Slices 97% Fat Free

Yogurt Parfait
Fresh Rasberries
Chobani - Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt

Last edited by bubbleblower; 04-10-2013 at 09:21 AM.
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #227  
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

This morning I made Strawberries & Cream oatmeal - so good!

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup vanilla almond milk (next time I might use half water and half almond milk, to cut the carbs)
3/4 cup sliced strawberries

Bring the almond milk and strawberries to a slow boil over medium-low heat. Add the oats and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If it bubbles up a lot, just stir it down. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for about 2 minutes.

I had it with an omelet made with 1 whole egg + 1/2 cup egg whites, some chopped veggies and 1/4 cup fat free feta. So good! You can just add a protein of your choice to round out the meal.

Just oatmeal:
270 calories
7g protein
6g fat
51g carbs (44g net carbs)

Oatmeal plus spinach & feta omelet:
446 calories
34g protein
12g fat
53 g carbs (46g net carbs)
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #228  
Junior Member
 
kpmartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edwards, Colorado
Posts: 5

S/C/G: 133.5/102.8/105

Height: 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
I'm all for keeping it simple! I was a wee bit overwhelmed with all of the recipes people were posting as I'm usually strapped for time, and cooking isn't really my forte - nor is it something I really enjoy, so the prospect of spending my Sundays getting food ready for the week wasn't something I was looking forward to! Once I realized that I could easily meet the requirements for the P3 breakfasts with an egg & sausage/ham/bacon sandwich along with fruit and yogurt, I was set! Makes it very easy, plus it's not an overwhelming amount of food.

As far as for feeling different, I'm finding I'm not freezing all the time like I was, and I'm also feeling a little more tired in the late afternoon (which was more the way I felt pre-IP, vs. feeling wired all day).



Same here!! It's so nice to not be ravenous in the late morning, waiting for lunch!
This is my first time posting a message, but I have been following all the amazing recipes, feedback, and success stories. I started phase 3 a few days ago, and I agree with Bubbleblower, I have also felt somewhat tired, especially in the afternoon. I also seem to feel full...I guess I got used to phase 1. I wonder if the grains or dairy may have something to do with it. Before IP I used to struggle with a poochy stomach. I really don't want to feel like that again. I know I have to do more core exercises...that will be my next obsession.

Unlike Bubbleblower and Wingnutandme, I seem to be hungrier in phase 3 than phase 1 or 2, especially in the afternoon.
kpmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #229  
Junior Member
 
kpmartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edwards, Colorado
Posts: 5

S/C/G: 133.5/102.8/105

Height: 5"

Default

My current weight in the tracker states 110.5 lbs, but it's actually 102.8 lbs. I'll have to update.
kpmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #230  
Started IP 12/6/12
 
bubbleblower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 653

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmartin View Post

Unlike Bubbleblower and Wingnutandme, I seem to be hungrier in phase 3 than phase 1 or 2, especially in the afternoon.
I've always done my snack in the mid- to late-afternoon, and I've continued on P3. I think that helps a lot with the afternoon hunger.

Okay so is this bad? ... All this talk about pizza on other threads got me playing around on the FP tracker and it looks like I could actually have a slice of pizza with ham on it along with a yogurt/fruit parfait and it would qualify as a P3 breakfast. (I doubt I'll be doing it, but I did find the possibility interesting!)
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #231  
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
I've always done my snack in the mid- to late-afternoon, and I've continued on P3. I think that helps a lot with the afternoon hunger.

Okay so is this bad? ... All this talk about pizza on other threads got me playing around on the FP tracker and it looks like I could actually have a slice of pizza with ham on it along with a yogurt/fruit parfait and it would qualify as a P3 breakfast. (I doubt I'll be doing it, but I did find the possibility interesting!)
LOL! I made a big batch of english muffin breakfast "pizza" for the freezer a couple of weeks ago! Thomas' whole grain english muffins, scrambled eggs, canadian bacon, fat free mozzarella cheese and a leaf or two of fresh basil! Soooo good!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #232  
Started IP 6/14/12
 
joysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 916

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
LOL! I made a big batch of english muffin breakfast "pizza" for the freezer a couple of weeks ago! Thomas' whole grain english muffins, scrambled eggs, canadian bacon, fat free mozzarella cheese and a leaf or two of fresh basil! Soooo good!
OK., so you made these and then froze them? That sounds like a great idea!

I'm starting on Saturday. I've put this off for a couple of weeks but it's time to move forward. Why is it so hard to change????? I've bought all my food already and I'm ready to go. Goodbye Ketosis! Hello Breakfast!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #233  
Started IP 12/6/12
 
bubbleblower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 653

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
LOL! I made a big batch of english muffin breakfast "pizza" for the freezer a couple of weeks ago! Thomas' whole grain english muffins, scrambled eggs, canadian bacon, fat free mozzarella cheese and a leaf or two of fresh basil! Soooo good!
LOL! Great minds think alike, huh? Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking along these lines! Great idea to make them ahead and freeze them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post

I'm starting on Saturday. I've put this off for a couple of weeks but it's time to move forward. Why is it so hard to change????? I've bought all my food already and I'm ready to go. Goodbye Ketosis! Hello Breakfast!
I was the same way. I kept putting it off but finally decided it was time to dive right in and I really haven't looked out. It's kind of like jumping into a chilly pool. It's a bit of a shock to your system at first, but starts feeling normal very quickly. C'mon in ... the water's fine!!
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #234  
Reboot Jan 2018
 
Cheekyskeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 394

Height: 5'7"

Default

I was nervous as well but just finished up my first week of P3 and I quite like it!
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #235  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pickering Canada
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 257/200/190(?)

Height: 5'10"

Default

For the grain/fruit portion of breakfast, I have been enjoying hot cereal. I make a batch of quinoa/buckwheat/amaranth and store it in the fridge. I can get 5 or six days worth of breakfast from a batch (though if I make buckwheat my wife will eat it too, so I get less days of breakfast from that!)

1/2 cup quinoa/buckwheat/amaranth heated in microwave
sprinkle of cinnamon
an ounce or two of milk
stevia or truvia sometimes, or a spoonful of WF Apricot spread mixed into the cereal
1 serving of fruit - berries or sliced apple or pear

My protein intake has been pretty boring, and doesn't really even qualify as a breakfast "idea". I thought the grain/fruit combo might be worth posting though.
Shawsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #236  
Started IP 6/14/12
 
joysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 916

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
I was the same way. I kept putting it off but finally decided it was time to dive right in and I really haven't looked out. It's kind of like jumping into a chilly pool. It's a bit of a shock to your system at first, but starts feeling normal very quickly. C'mon in ... the water's fine!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I was nervous as well but just finished up my first week of P3 and I quite like it!
Thanks for the encouragement, bubble and cheeky! I needed that and I need to jump into the pool. I'll do it Saturday. One more day... Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawsy View Post
My protein intake has been pretty boring, and doesn't really even qualify as a breakfast "idea". I thought the grain/fruit combo might be worth posting though.
What's your boring protein?
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #237  
Started IP 12/6/12
 
bubbleblower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 653

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Thanks for the encouragement, bubble and cheeky! I needed that and I need to jump into the pool. I'll do it Saturday. One more day... Looking forward to it.
Welcome to the club! I think you'll like it!!
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #238  
Started IP 7/9/12
 
ragdoll74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 1,748

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawsy View Post
For the grain/fruit portion of breakfast, I have been enjoying hot cereal. I make a batch of quinoa/buckwheat/amaranth and store it in the fridge. I can get 5 or six days worth of breakfast from a batch (though if I make buckwheat my wife will eat it too, so I get less days of breakfast from that!)

1/2 cup quinoa/buckwheat/amaranth heated in microwave
sprinkle of cinnamon
an ounce or two of milk
stevia or truvia sometimes, or a spoonful of WF Apricot spread mixed into the cereal
1 serving of fruit - berries or sliced apple or pear

My protein intake has been pretty boring, and doesn't really even qualify as a breakfast "idea". I thought the grain/fruit combo might be worth posting though.
That sounds really good. I love steel cut oats and used to make big batches of it on the weekends and then just reheat single portions in the mornings during the work week. I'll have to try out your recipe when I get to phase 3.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #239  
Started IP 12/6/12
 
bubbleblower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 653

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawsy View Post
For the grain/fruit portion of breakfast, I have been enjoying hot cereal. I make a batch of quinoa/buckwheat/amaranth and store it in the fridge. I can get 5 or six days worth of breakfast from a batch (though if I make buckwheat my wife will eat it too, so I get less days of breakfast from that!)

1/2 cup quinoa/buckwheat/amaranth heated in microwave
sprinkle of cinnamon
an ounce or two of milk
stevia or truvia sometimes, or a spoonful of WF Apricot spread mixed into the cereal
1 serving of fruit - berries or sliced apple or pear
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
This morning I made Strawberries & Cream oatmeal - so good!

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup vanilla almond milk (next time I might use half water and half almond milk, to cut the carbs)
3/4 cup sliced strawberries

Bring the almond milk and strawberries to a slow boil over medium-low heat. Add the oats and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If it bubbles up a lot, just stir it down. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for about 2 minutes.

I had it with an omelet made with 1 whole egg + 1/2 cup egg whites, some chopped veggies and 1/4 cup fat free feta. So good! You can just add a protein of your choice to round out the meal.

Just oatmeal:
270 calories
7g protein
6g fat
51g carbs (44g net carbs)

Oatmeal plus spinach & feta omelet:
446 calories
34g protein
12g fat
53 g carbs (46g net carbs)
These both sound great! Thanks for the ideas!!
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #240  
Started IP 6/14/12
 
joysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 916

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Default

OK, I'm in!

Yesterday's breakfast: 1 IP Peach Mango drink
Today's breakfast:
1/2 c Chobani nonfat plain yogurt (it's so good and tastes so rich!!)
1 c sliced strawberries
1/4 c granola from Whole Foods (one with less fat than others)
+ 1 TBSPN of fresh ground (from Whole Foods) almond butter

I think that's within the guidelines.

Halfway through the yogurt mix I got full.

This is going to be fun!

Can we really eat bananas? Is it ok to have 1/2 banana instead of a whole banana?

I know I'll get the hang of this as I play around with the foods.

Thanks so much for all of your breakfast ideas!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Phase I Beachers - Week beginning May 28 Ruthxxx South Beach Diet 23 06-01-2007 08:24 PM
Starting Phase 1 - March 13 scrappinRN South Beach Diet 67 04-04-2006 01:05 PM
Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/3-11/9 Debelli Sugar Shakers 174 11-09-2003 09:35 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.