South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default Starting Phase 1 - March 13

Is anyone else starting phase 1 today and what are you eating? This is my second time doing SBD, I did it last may-june and lost 18 lbs and I felt awesome. I really want to feel that good again, cause I am feeling like doggy-doo and I am tired of not fitting into my clothes. So, who is starting phase 1 today and lets do it together.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #2  

I am starting phase 1 today for the second time. At the end of January I did phase one and promptly lost 10 pounds but stopped losing as soon as I added bread and rice (I followed all program guidelines). Now I am going to stay on phase 1 for as long as it takes and add the carbs much more slowly. Maybe start by adding a serving per day for a week or two.

What was your experience?

I AM GOING TO LOOK GOOD THIS SUMMER!!!!!
Old 03-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi and Welcome back, Chickies. I've renamed this thread a bit so other starters and restarters will climb aboard the dune buggy!
Old 03-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #4  

Hi,
I'm restarting at Ph1. I had lost 50 pounds but then went off, waaaay off, for months and have regained 30 of them. Very discouraging, but it would be more discouraging to have regained everything. So, starting Phase 1 today. Glad to be on the journey with you folks!

Today's menu:

Br: Breakfree egg subst omelette w/ mushrooms
green tea

Sn: Cucumber, celery, mushroom pieces
hummus
V8 w/ tabasco

Lu: Homemade, low fat, chili
Salad
Salad dressing with most of the fat poured off
a bit of light feta on the salad

jrnyc and Shannon, how has your day been so far?
Old 03-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #5  
Rejoice in the Lord

Hello all. I too am starting phase1 today (march 13) I did sbd in 2003 and lost 20 pounds. Since then I went through lots for fertility treatments, a pregnancy and a cesarean delivery. So I'm back to sbd again with about 60 pounds to lose.

So far today I have had 2 boiled eggs, a 1/2 slice of cheese, a snack size pack of jello and some water. I am having a salad for lunch and chicken stir fry for lunch.

jrnyc- I too stop losing when I added back the carb foods. I also think I added too fast. I will add slower this time.

Well good luck to us all...
Old 03-13-2006, 03:31 PM   #6  

Hi everyone, I am also starting today. I did SBD last year and lost weight, this time I am determined to lose it all. Pretty excited to start this long journey and to have and give wonderful support. Good luck to all!
Old 03-13-2006, 06:26 PM   #7  

well, I technically started Saturday, but could use the support, so I will go ahead and post what I ate, since it is phase 1.

B-2 egg omlet with spinach, canadian bacon, and ff cheddar
s-none, I am a teacher and snacks don't always fit in my schedule
L- chili
s-laughing cow wedge, 1 serving of cashews
D-oven grilled salmon with a large salad and maybe some green beans
s- probably will have the SBD chocolate milkshake for my sweet treat

Good luck to all of you. I know I need it!! Love to see what people eat, so I hope you will post meals. They give me ideas!

Heidi- you should try the Spicy V8. I noticed you put tabasco in yours, so you might like it too. It's great.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/168/130

Hey everybody!
I started this last week. Started Monday, then restarted on Tuesday. On day 3 I was very irritable, but woke up on day four with a good attitude and more energy. I have tried to do the SBD in the past but never made it past day 3 until now. Before I found this website, I joined SBD online, but I have found so much more here. For those of you starting today, please check the forums for the Emergency Phase 1 plan. They have an awesome recipe for "Peanut Butter Cup" that I look forward to every day. Also the bean muffins and mock pancakes in the "Phase 1 breakfast ideas" have helped me make it through. I weighed today and have lost 5 lbs after 6 true days.
Welcome aboard!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:56 PM   #9  

Hi all,
Beachbabe, congratulations on the loss! Also the useful suggestion to refer to the Emergency Phase 1 Plan. Sometimes when thing start to fail or to seem too repetitive, it's good to return to basics and approach things a different way.

So far it's been a good day for me. I even went for a brisk walk. The evening snack phase still has to pass, but I have a plan for it.

How has everyone else been doing?
Old 03-13-2006, 10:21 PM   #10  

Thank you, chickies for all the inspiration.

It did not go well for me today. I did not prepare for phase 1 by going grocery shopping, so I did not eat enough. By 3 pm I had a splitting headache. At six I made a bowl of pasta and ate it (phase 2 appropriate, except I had at least a double serving). The good part is that my headache is gone.

I will make sure I go grocery shopping first thing tomorrow morning. Also, I will check out the emergency phase 1 plan.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:42 AM   #11  
Rejoice in the Lord

Ok one day done here's what I ate:

Coffee with splenda and sugar free coffee mate
2 boiled eggs
1snack size jello with a bit of cool whip
2 fudgsicles
A salad with cheese and deli ham
"Skillet chicken" which is basically chicken with spices and diced tomatoes
Green beans
Peanut butter cup (SBD)
Roasted chickpeas
Over 64 oz water

I know I went over with my extra calories but otherwise I think I did ok.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default It is Tuesday, and I am back for more

Hey girls, it was nice and encouraging to see so many people on board for Phase 1. I know its hard and I am in for my first challenge today. My mother is taking my kids and I to an indoor waterpark/hotel for two days, and I can just imagine what kind of treats she will pack . She even asked me why I had to start my SBD now, why couldn't I wait. She is a recovering heart patient and has gained back most of her pre op weight but continues to tell me that she is eating health. She is eating better but her portions are way out there , god love her but she is going to be my downfall these next two days. I am going to PLAN< PLAN< PLAN.. I am definetly going to need some , so send it through. The good thing is i am bringing food also and there is a fitness room there, so taking my workout stuff and get on the treadmill , and work out my frustrations.
Ate well yesterday, and went to gym. Talk to all on Thursday, and stick with it, its worth it.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/205/130

I started Phase 1 today again. In the fall I did SB for 2 month and lost 20lbs. Then the holidays hit. I really need to stick to it this time. I recently had blood work done. I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure and I do not want to take medication for the rest of my life like my mother.

I have been on this site many times reading everyones posts but have not posted myself. Maybe this time if I talk to others and get feedback maybe it will help me stay on track.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:27 PM   #14  

Hello everybody! I started P1 yesterday (March 13th) and the people in the book were dead on when they said they felt "out of sorts" because that about sums it up. I think this will work for me though because I have a binge eating disorder and I always tend to binge on carbalicious things. I always resisted anything saying that certain foods were good or bad, but I really think that's what works for me. I'm attempting phase 1 for 3 weeks (since it takes that long to break a habit) and intend on adding in fruit 1 piece a day for the next week. I figured that would be easiest since they are already preportioned: a big bowl of rice is just bad news for me.
A wee bit of background: I gained 40 pounds after quitting smoking in December of 2005 and I'm ready to get back down plus the five I had gained before that. :-) But I'd be happy with 35 for now. My goal is to be down to 140 by fall: I am involved with a community theater group, and even though I love doing production, I would like to perform again and play Janet in our performance of The Rocky Horror Show. My friend is directing it, and he said he doesn't care how in shape Janet is, but I'm rolling with it anyway: playing Janet is no fun unless you're running around in bra and panties.
I'm glad I joined this forum because I'm going to need some good ideas for snacks. I'm having a great time planning dinner menus and cooking new things, but I'm not sure if eating the sheer amount of cheese I am is good for me, plus I might get bored. I'm hoping the amount of the fiber in all these damn vegetables I'm eating will counteract the cheese. I wouldn't mind having nuts, but I try to stay away from them because I have braces. Also sweets: I am a sugar maniac, and the ricotta creme kind of freaks me out...it has this strange gritty consistency. Am I doing something wrong or is that pretty much what ricotta is like?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:56 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to all the newbies and returnees! It's nice to see you chickies giving and getting support here.

Please remember that the Phase I Food List in the FAQ section is the newest one and remember that milk and yoghurt are part of the Phase now. Check out the Phase I Handbook sticky. Be SURE to get at least four sevings of veggie each day.

By the way, ricotta IS sort of grainy unless you get the silky kind. I sometimes add pasteurized egg white to that dessert to smooth it out.
Closed Thread