Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #16  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Do you eat the whole egg or just the yolk? My coach shared the egg trick with me but asked me to eat just the white so I am curious if it makes any difference if I eat the whole egg?

Most or all of the fat and cholesterol are in the yolk. The egg white is "better" for you.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by meonIP View Post
Good morning!! Went off protocol this weekend - not planned, but we ended up having a 'spring fling' party at our house, and I just ended up with a drink. Back on it today and I am committing to staying on it until I am in the 160's. Holding myself accountable this time... I am not going to be the fat chick AGAIN this summer - I need to get summer clothes and I NEED them to be stylish (rather than the well worn maternity clothes I've been wearing).
Here's to a thinner year!!!
I'm right there with you!! I'm still wearing my well worn maternity t-shirts and I need them gone asap! They actually look horrible on my now, I just need to go buy some new shirts, but there is something holding me back completely. Darn head games with myself.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels09 View Post
I'm right there with you!! I'm still wearing my well worn maternity t-shirts and I need them gone asap! They actually look horrible on my now, I just need to go buy some new shirts, but there is something holding me back completely. Darn head games with myself.
I hit the consignment shop this week and found some awesomely cute things for $3.00 and $4.00! What a treat to come in to work this morning with a cuter than cute top and a belt! I actually got to tuck my shirt in! It has probably been 15 years since I did that. I am on the last hole in my belt too.
What a great feeling!
Old 03-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #19  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Looking forward to a great week on IP....I am still only on day 6 and still very hungry most of the time, but I know that I will likely be hungry for a while as prior to IP I was eating approx 3000 cal/day. I am prepared for that and motivated by the results I'm seeing already! Have a great week everyone
Old 03-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I'm back from my first official WI and the verdict is = -5.0#

It was slightly more on my scale at home (-7#) but that's okay! I'll take it! For someone who could not lose weight anymore and had plateau'd for over a year, this is fantastic!

Thank you all for your support! It is so nice to have a place for my thoughts and questions. I'm not sure I would have made it through my first week without this message board!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-21-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 245/194/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi, may I join all of you? I started IP 4 weeks ago with my husband. First diet he's ever been on. Wish I could say the same! I think I've tried just about every other diet out there over the past 10 years. Between yo-yo's, plateaus and losing the willpower, the weight just piles back on and then some. My doctor actually recommended the IP diet. Got a preverbal 'kick in the butt' last December after a year of not good health and gall bladder surgery that had a few complications. So after my recovery and the realization that I have another surgery coming up in July, it was lose it or else! Saw a naturopath in January who put me on a liver detox and brown rice cleanse. I lost 10 quickly but gained 3 back on once the detox was over. So to IP I went. 4 weeks and 20 pounds down! There are days I find it frustrating doing this with my husband. It's nice to have someone going through all this with me, but, sigh... he's a man...he's losing it faster and doesn't have near as much to lose as I do. He'll be finished phase 4 long before i get out of phase 1. But at least I can watch and see how he manages those phases, right?

Anyway...I look forward to getting to know all of you
Old 03-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 164/156/140

Height: 5'8"

Just got back from WI #4 and lost another 5lbs

That's a 4 week total of 25lbs, it hardly seems possible.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #23  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

NSV for ME!!! I am currently wearing a size smaller pants today and they fit very comfortable!!! Yeah!!!!! Still lurking and read the threads everyday!! I love reading everyone's posts, there is so much information. I went out and bought a notebook just so I could jot down stuff I learn here instead of trying to come back to it!! Welcome to all the Newbies and congratulations to all the losers!!! Thanks everybody!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #24  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

A few years ago when I hit 140 or 150 I quit tucking my tops in, no belts for me, started wearing elastic waist pants. That was a big mistake. As I gained more weight I continued to wear elastic waist pants and camp shirts. You really couldn't tell how big I was. If I wore a tee in the summer I put a blouse (left open) over it. The famous 3 piece outfit. Now I am wearing tops in the pants and a belt. I had some old belts in good condition, but I am shopping for a few new ones. I am going to have to shop around, belts are expensive. I am only going to pay so much. A great NSV is to be able to say "I can wear a belt."
Old 03-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanmly View Post
Just got back from WI #4 and lost another 5lbs

That's a 4 week total of 25lbs, it hardly seems possible.
Congrats on another great WI!! You must be so happy - you re almost there!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #26  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
I usually just eat 1 yolk with 2 whites. I add a little WF honey dijon dressing and it tastes like egg salad. I had no idea the yolk was a no-no. I don't have cholesterol issues so I didn't give it a thought.

I eat an egg white when I am trying to get into ketosis (to keep me satisfied). The egg white as little fat and only 17-22 calories..the yolk has all the fat grams and 50 or so calories. You are doing a great job of listening to your bodies needs. I also think the yolk every once and awhile is good to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbug View Post
Hi, may I join all of you? I started IP 4 weeks ago with my husband. First diet he's ever been on. Wish I could say the same! I think I've tried just about every other diet out there over the past 10 years. Between yo-yo's, plateaus and losing the willpower, the weight just piles back on and then some. My doctor actually recommended the IP diet. Got a preverbal 'kick in the butt' last December after a year of not good health and gall bladder surgery that had a few complications. So after my recovery and the realization that I have another surgery coming up in July, it was lose it or else! Saw a naturopath in January who put me on a liver detox and brown rice cleanse. I lost 10 quickly but gained 3 back on once the detox was over. So to IP I went. 4 weeks and 20 pounds down! There are days I find it frustrating doing this with my husband. It's nice to have someone going through all this with me, but, sigh... he's a man...he's losing it faster and doesn't have near as much to lose as I do. He'll be finished phase 4 long before i get out of phase 1. But at least I can watch and see how he manages those phases, right?

Anyway...I look forward to getting to know all of you

My daughter started this on the New Year with 140 pounds to lose, her hubby also started with 80 pounds to lose. She has lost 50 and he is within a few pounds of his goal. My hubby lost 22 pounds without dieting, just eating the same dinner as me...men stink when it comes to dieting...they could never possibly understand the real battle involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
A few years ago when I hit 140 or 150 I quit tucking my tops in, no belts for me, started wearing elastic waist pants. That was a big mistake. As I gained more weight I continued to wear elastic waist pants and camp shirts. You really couldn't tell how big I was. If I wore a tee in the summer I put a blouse (left open) over it. The famous 3 piece outfit. Now I am wearing tops in the pants and a belt. I had some old belts in good condition, but I am shopping for a few new ones. I am going to have to shop around, belts are expensive. I am only going to pay so much. A great NSV is to be able to say "I can wear a belt."
I know what you mean.....I was wearing all elastic waist (really cute though) skirts and living in denial about the extended waist I was developing. Love that I can wear shirts tucked in with a cool belt
Old 03-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #27  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

199.8 I MADE IT TO ONEDERLAND!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #28  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Day 1 is finally here!

I had the egg for breakfast and the mushroom soup for lunch. I liked both of them, and am super excited to be on this diet.
I felt pretty nauseous for an hour after breakfast, but this is because I never eat breakfast, and if I do it is because I'll grab a donut or something else sugary. So I knew I would feel this way.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 283/241/133

Height: 5' 3"

I just got home from WI #7 and I am down another 5#!!!!!! YAY!!! That makes a total of 29# since Jan. 31. IP IS AMAZING!! Now, I almost weigh what my driver license says, and within a week or two I should be down to less than my husband!! WOOT!! HAPPY DAY!!

Sherilyn
Old 03-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default bikini/Speedo Challenge

We are going to start another challenge next week in honor of Bikini/Speedo season. I have a 6 foot fence around my yard!
Someone will be posting the challenge spreadsheet soon if you would like to join us! We can call it the April -10 if you prefer. Challenge is ON BABY!
Mary
Closed Thread