Old 03-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #1  
SWP

S/C/G: 177.8/169.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Default I need help/advice!

Hi everyone,

I've been on IP for about 7 weeks now. I was traveling this past week and when I came back, I found that I gained about 2lbs. I'm incredibly frustrated...but i'm hoping that you all might be able to help me out! My measurements have also gone up

1. I usually have more than 4 cups of vegetables a day (not including the leafy greens). Does anyone else do this? Has it influenced your weight loss? The additions vegetables didn't influence my weight loss till possibly now - so I just kept eating! I typically eat extra cucumbers and celery.

2. My period isn't coming! At times I feel like i'm going to get it, but I don't? I know that people have mentioned not getting theirs, but do you ever feel like you're going to get it?

3. Being about 7 weeks in I still get incredibly cold AND feel incredibly weak. I feel like i'm going to pass out at times while at others I feel like my bones might be cold (awkward, I know)! However, I do typically have 4 packets with the addition of an egg (I workout).

When I was traveling - I had a little extra protein with all the walking and exploring we were doing. Thus, I didn't think it would be a huge deal considering i'm usually stuck in front of a computer for most of the day.

Anyone have thoughts/advice about this?
I plan to get a doctors opinion but I know you all possess a wealth of information - please share!!!!

Thank you in advance for all of your help!!
SWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been on IP for about 7 weeks now. I was traveling this past week and when I came back, I found that I gained about 2lbs. I'm incredibly frustrated...but i'm hoping that you all might be able to help me out! My measurements have also gone up

1. I usually have more than 4 cups of vegetables a day (not including the leafy greens). Does anyone else do this? Has it influenced your weight loss? The additions vegetables didn't influence my weight loss till possibly now - so I just kept eating! I typically eat extra cucumbers and celery.

2. My period isn't coming! At times I feel like i'm going to get it, but I don't? I know that people have mentioned not getting theirs, but do you ever feel like you're going to get it?

3. Being about 7 weeks in I still get incredibly cold AND feel incredibly weak. I feel like i'm going to pass out at times while at others I feel like my bones might be cold (awkward, I know)! However, I do typically have 4 packets with the addition of an egg (I workout).

When I was traveling - I had a little extra protein with all the walking and exploring we were doing. Thus, I didn't think it would be a huge deal considering i'm usually stuck in front of a computer for most of the day.

Anyone have thoughts/advice about this?
I plan to get a doctors opinion but I know you all possess a wealth of information - please share!!!!

Thank you in advance for all of your help!!
I don't know but I'd be calling my coach, that's for sure.
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #3  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

You're not going to gain weight from vegetables like cucumber and celery. However, if you are putting salt on the veggies, you could be retaining water. I would not eat excessive amounts of starchy vegetables, as they have a higher caloric count.
Are you going over your calories with other foods during the day? I usually get weak if I don't take in enough calories and that's usually in the begininng of a change in diet. Once I get my calories right, the weakness goes away. You may want to run it by your doctor to make sure it's not physiological.
Good luck!
chris313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #4  
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris313 View Post
You're not going to gain weight from vegetables like cucumber and celery. However, if you are putting salt on the veggies, you could be retaining water. I would not eat excessive amounts of starchy vegetables, as they have a higher caloric count.
Are you going over your calories with other foods during the day? I usually get weak if I don't take in enough calories and that's usually in the begininng of a change in diet. Once I get my calories right, the weakness goes away. You may want to run it by your doctor to make sure it's not physiological.
Good luck!
I don't think i'm consuming extra salt. Actually, I hardly had any salt this past weekend. I typically measure my salt intake so I don't go over.

I'm going over by having a 4th packet, a boiled egg white, and sometimes a tad bit more tilapia (about 1oz)...but could that really make such a difference?
Old 03-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

It is really hard to say if the 4th packet or extra protein is making the difference. Probably not unless you are very close to your ideal weight and the calories are really making a difference.

Given that you can have between 5 and 8 ounces of animal protein (meat, fowl, fish) at a meal I don't think 1 ounce more is hurting you.

It is highly likely you are experiencing low blood pressure or thyroid issues. Thyroid can be undetected in many people.. it is worth checking with your doctor. BOTH of the mentioned items can cause you to feel cold and weak. Also, it is a very common adjustment for people on the diet.

As for me, I was cold every day from week 3 through month 7. I was wearing long sleeves and sweaters at nearly 90degrees fahrenheit. I did go back to normal once I stopped phase 1. Now that I am back on phase 1, I am back to being cold.

It is likely that you are retaining water from traveling. Did you get in enough water during your trip? Many people tend to NOT drink enough and traveling can dehydrate some people pretty easily.

Try increasing your water intake for a few days and increase your sea salt from 1/2 tsp to 2/3tsp and see if that helps. It may just do the trick.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:04 AM   #6  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

I agree about the water, always out of whack for me for about 5 days after a trip. But....just checking...is there ANY chance you could be pregnant? If so (and I mean ANY chance short of a star rising in the east) talk to your coach immediately because you cannot be on IP if you are pregnant. Weak and weight gain is suspicious so I just had to ask (sorry for the intrusion!!!).
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:20 AM   #7  
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
I agree about the water, always out of whack for me for about 5 days after a trip. But....just checking...is there ANY chance you could be pregnant? If so (and I mean ANY chance short of a star rising in the east) talk to your coach immediately because you cannot be on IP if you are pregnant. Weak and weight gain is suspicious so I just had to ask (sorry for the intrusion!!!).

Thanks Showgirl and Rocky! I'll be sure to bring up the low blood pressure and thyroid today with my doctor in the event that they don't bring it up.

I think a lot of water, so I don't think that can be the problem......I actually drink more than what is prescribed.

I'm so totally not pregnant! I thought about that, worried, but immediately got a pregnancy test. Negative