Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #31  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

It feels like forever since I been on the Forum! It's great to see that everyone is doing well.

I've been quite sick with strep throat. and I've been off protocol since Sunday. But happy to say I'm feeling much better and still in ketosis!

In the midst of my illness I wasn't so optimistic and considered quiting, starting atkins or weight watchers, but when it came right down to it, I packed the same lunch I always do for work today, Salad, Cucumbers and Chicken soup. It's funny how this diet is embeded and now is a way of life. I've got quite a ways to go but I think I'll be alright after i meet my goal, and that feels great!

No official weigh in this week, but my scale says i'm down, hopefully I'll meet next week's challenge deadline.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #32  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
everyone pray for me.....i'm going to beginning zumba tonight at 7. or i suppose we should pray no one has a coronary laughing at me.... this white girl can't dance! but laughing burns calories, right?
Hi Rondar, you probably already know this, but in case you don't...a lot of people on IP have found this kind of aerobic exercise detrimental to weight loss. Basically, you are living on about 800 calories a day, and if you significantly increase your body's needs for calories, you may begin to burn muscle--even heart muscle! While some people have done this successfully by just adding an extra protein packet, over the 11 months I've been on this board I have to say I have seen many more people say that intense aearobic exercise slowed or stopped their weight loss. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE zumba, but I have to admit, I waited until I was on Phase 4 to do it. Before then, most IPers (and most coaches) advise walking, weight/resistance training and other activity that keeps you at a reasonable heart rate. There is a whole exercise thread, in case you want to see what others have learned. Best of luck, whatever you decide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
I know! i have been peeling them too!
re: cucumbers and peels
really good point! And actually for most veggies and fruits that have skin rather than rind (e.g. a cucumber vs. a celery root or an apple vs. an orange) a large portion of the fiber and vitamins is in that skin. So, eat the skin whenever you can (and as you go into phase 3 and 4, this will be true for carrots, parsnips, etc. Just scrub them, don't peel them)
Old 03-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lily View Post
Hello!

I'm kinda new here... But am very happy to be part of such a great group!
I have read so many helpful tidbits and have already gotten so many new recipe ideas that I'm anxious to try out.

I have started Ideal Protein on February 24th.
My weight on that day stood at 195lbs. This week, I'm at 179lbs!!!

I am so excited and full of energy!

Weekdays seem very easy for me, to follow the diet... but weekends are a little more of a challenge. Does anyone have any advice?
Welcome! This will be my fourth weekend on the plan, and what has helped me is that I pretty much cut out most of my social life (other than this forum!). I know it sounds kinda extreme, but I knew that it would be hard for me at first to be around a lot of temptations these first few weeks. While I have been to a baby shower, and we have went out to eat once, I made sure I was well prepared before hand. I don't plan on doing this the whole duration of the diet, just until I feel more confident that I will make the right choices.

I also try to keep my meals about the same time every day (including weekends), and I save my favorite ones for the weekends so I feel like I am getting rewarded. And I try to stay busy.

This is what has worked for me so far, it may not be right for you. But I hope it helps, and I wish you success on IP!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #34  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Thanks for the inspiration today everyone. I needed it! I have WI#3 today and am not sure what to expect. I do not weigh myself between visits to my coach so I have to rely on the feel of clothes. Fingers crossed!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Hi Rondar, you probably already know this, but in case you don't...a lot of people on IP have found this kind of aerobic exercise detrimental to weight loss. Basically, you are living on about 800 calories a day, and if you significantly increase your body's needs for calories, you may begin to burn muscle--even heart muscle! While some people have done this successfully by just adding an extra protein packet, over the 11 months I've been on this board I have to say I have seen many more people say that intense aearobic exercise slowed or stopped their weight loss. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE zumba, but I have to admit, I waited until I was on Phase 4 to do it. Before then, most IPers (and most coaches) advise walking, weight/resistance training and other activity that keeps you at a reasonable heart rate. There is a whole exercise thread, in case you want to see what others have learned. Best of luck, whatever you decide!

re: cucumbers and peels
really good point! And actually for most veggies and fruits that have skin rather than rind (e.g. a cucumber vs. a celery root or an apple vs. an orange) a large portion of the fiber and vitamins is in that skin. So, eat the skin whenever you can (and as you go into phase 3 and 4, this will be true for carrots, parsnips, etc. Just scrub them, don't peel them)
Thanks for that
Old 03-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #36  
Sallycat88

S/C/G: 170.2/136.4/137

Height: 5'7"

Today I go for my final weigh in before beginning Phase 4. I have been weighing at home with a fancy scale so I know I am ok. I am excited to begin the next phase of this journey. Thanks to all for the support along the way

Last edited by Spiffsgal; 03-03-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #37  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

WI#8 today. 200 lbs even. gah, just an ounce more and i'd officially make it to onederland! well, i am very happy with 35 lbs lost in 8 weeks. i couldn't ask for anything more. i'd love to be in the 180s by my birthday weekend. my mom will be so proud of me when she sees me in vegas. last time she saw me was in october at 235. i've got 3 weeks from today until vegas... i can totally pull off 11+ lbs by then, right? yeah, i've got this. actually, there will be a few people in vegas who haven't seen me since my heavier weight. i'd love to be able to say that i have lost almost 50 lbs by then! looks like it's boot camp until my birthday!!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #38  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
WI#8 today. 200 lbs even. gah, just an ounce more and i'd officially make it to onederland! well, i am very happy with 35 lbs lost in 8 weeks. i couldn't ask for anything more. i'd love to be in the 180s by my birthday weekend. my mom will be so proud of me when she sees me in vegas. last time she saw me was in october at 235. i've got 3 weeks from today until vegas... i can totally pull off 11+ lbs by then, right? yeah, i've got this. actually, there will be a few people in vegas who haven't seen me since my heavier weight. i'd love to be able to say that i have lost almost 50 lbs by then! looks like it's boot camp until my birthday!!
Way to go! Feels great doesn't it? I am sure you could meet your mini goal by your birthday, go for it.

Good luck!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #39  

Unhappy Feeling hopeless...

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm new here at 3 fat chicks. It's really nice seeing so many people sharing a common goal and giving each other advice and tips, so I thought I would join and see if I could get some support also. I first found out about Ideal Protein after going to a workshop a few days ago. I was really psyched about the program until I found out what the cost is. Unfortunately, I am unemployed at the moment. I cannot afford it. I am almost 40 years old and I am at a point in my life that i realize I must make a lifestyle change. Since september 2010 I went from 170lbs to 195lbs. I have put on 25 lbs. mostly due to stress and depression. I am an emotional eater which has played a big part in why I cannot seem to take the weight off and keep it off. Im relatively healthy right now except for some aches and pains which seems to be getting worse, but I know that is only a matter of time before that changes into more serious health issues. Some people say make a sacrifice, some cutbacks here and there and you'll be able to afford the cost of IP. But i'm already doing that just to make ends meet. So here I am stuck between a rock and a hard place, knowing I must make changes in my life but not having the means to do so. What am I supposed to do now? I feel like I may eat myself into an early grave....
Old 03-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
Hey everyone. Went to WI 8 on tuesday and lost 6.7# woah! Thats the most I've lost since week 1!! Though I have a partial explanation... I have been sick with the flu! The funny thing was I have still been hungry so when I awake I've been eating. Stayed pretty much OP. I did have a little bit of grape juice. Hope you all are having a great week!
EXCELLENT!! I hope I have the same results at my WI #8 tomorrow!!
Congrats!!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #41  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moretoluv View Post
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm new here at 3 fat chicks. It's really nice seeing so many people sharing a common goal and giving each other advice and tips, so I thought I would join and see if I could get some support also. I first found out about Ideal Protein after going to a workshop a few days ago. I was really psyched about the program until I found out what the cost is. Unfortunately, I am unemployed at the moment. I cannot afford it. I am almost 40 years old and I am at a point in my life that i realize I must make a lifestyle change. Since september 2010 I went from 170lbs to 195lbs. I have put on 25 lbs. mostly due to stress and depression. I am an emotional eater which has played a big part in why I cannot seem to take the weight off and keep it off. Im relatively healthy right now except for some aches and pains which seems to be getting worse, but I know that is only a matter of time before that changes into more serious health issues. Some people say make a sacrifice, some cutbacks here and there and you'll be able to afford the cost of IP. But i'm already doing that just to make ends meet. So here I am stuck between a rock and a hard place, knowing I must make changes in my life but not having the means to do so. What am I supposed to do now? I feel like I may eat myself into an early grave....

Welcome!!!! Don't ever feel hopeless. If you feel that at this time you don't have the funds for IP, look for the thread about the "alternative IP plan". there are several people on this thread that are doing that, and with great success. I'm sure the Juiceman will chime in here. Hi Juiceman!!!!

Just keep coming back and reading everything you can. There is a wealth of information here.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #42  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
He did say if the big C persists for another 7 days to let him know. He suggested I take some vitamin C but I do not want to do that right now. I have no idea what vitamin C and the Big C has in common.
I don't understand why you wouldn't follow your coach's advice -- unless you disagreed with it. If you Google "vitamin C constipation" you'll see the connection.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to add that I don't agree with him about waiting another 7 days. That seems an awfully long time without some kind of treatment. Stool softener? Are you taking any medicine, especially pain killers, that could be at the root of the problem?

Last edited by Linden; 03-03-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Default Desperately seeking the whoosh fairy !!!!

Just back from WI6 and down .08. WTH?? Lost 3 in so I am doing something right. I have not changed anything in my diet. No restricted and basically doing bootcamp even though I didn't know it. Coach talked to me for quite a bit going over my journal and we decided to add enzymes. He said that if did not work in a week that we would have to go drastic and add a carb night to jump start the weight loss train. Was VERY disappointed but I guess I didn't gain anything. Starting to hate WI!!!!! Could someone send the whoosh fairy my way. I won't take too much of her time. I want to say I have lost 20 lbs but it is taking forever!!! Lost 19.4. Uggghhhh!! Contests to everyone who is a loser this week. I know how hard you are working on this journey!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Welcome!!!! Don't ever feel hopeless. If you feel that at this time you don't have the funds for IP, look for the thread about the "alternative IP plan". there are several people on this thread that are doing that, and with great success. I'm sure the Juiceman will chime in here. Hi Juiceman!!!!

Just keep coming back and reading everything you can. There is a wealth of information here.
thanx sjackson I certainly will look around for as much info as I need to get a start on this looong journey....
Old 03-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #45  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Cucumbers: who knew ? huh:
Health Benefits

The flesh of cucumbers ...
Cucumbers are great as a warm side dish! Try cooking them in just a tiny bit of olive oil, with some dill or mint, salt, and a bit of pepper. They are good with a touch of soy, red pepper, or a dash of chili oil too.

You will find several recipes for cooked cucumber if you look at French, European, or Asian recipes.

Cucumbers cut long wise on a mandolin, like a pasta, then lightly sauted make a lovely noodle bed for some grille tuna or salmon! Some people have made string (angel hair like) noodles from them but, I haven't personally tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Loosingforgood2010 - wow that was a great read thank you! Who new right?

I am on day 7 of the cleanse and finally getting the side a affects of the cleanse. I started to break out. My face has been clear since I started IP and I am experiencing the big C on the cleanse as well...yes hard to understand it should be the other way around. I not very happy right now but will finish up the program. I have another 16 days on the cleanse. I reached out to my Coach yesterday to discuss and he said that it sometimes happens and it is your body's way of removing the toxins. I am just surprised since I have up'd my water intake from 64 oz to 120-128 oz a day. He did say if the big C persists for another 7 days to let him know. He suggested I take some vitamin C but I do not want to do that right now. I have no idea what vitamin C and the Big C has in common. Lovely....Praying for a weight loss tomorrow but the way I feel all bloated I do not see that happening this week. Ugh! I am even too afraid to take a peak on my scale at home I would rather deal with the defeat tomorrow.

Looks like there are more NVS's and weight losses today so keep up the good work everyone! I am cheering you on in the wings!

Have a great day!
HMMM.... seems odd. You should be eliminating. What is in the cleanse? If you are having too much of a particular vitamin (A for instance) or an imbalance of calcium/magnesium, magnesium, manganese, or potassium. It can lead to constipation. ALSO, if you have not had much fatty foods or oils lately it could make it hard for the body to eliminate easily. Increasing olive oil or omega oil for a bit could help. Also, sugars/carbs help our bodies move that excess water to the colon for proper absorption and elimination. Depending on your body, it may not have enough to do this step as efficiently as needed.

Just some ideas.

Have you thought about doing a sea salt water flush? It will work for many people and very quickly.

Use 1 liter of water and between 2tsp and 1 tablespoon of sea salt (you can adjust this to your body response as some people may require a tsp or so more.)

Mix a solution of sea salt and room temperature water.

Drink the solution as quickly as you can. You may feel a bit full but keep drinking. If you take to long it will make your gag reflex activate. The high volume of salt and water will rapidly move through your system. It will not leave you with a high sodium impact for the day.

Once you take the solution, you will have to be on guard, a bowel movement WILL be shortly coming. Sometimes it is a fast 5 or even 15 minutes, but generally in 30-60 minutes between taking it and the first movement. The last movements will begin to wind down an hour or so after they begin. Typically you will have between 2 and 7 bowel movements and the effects of more free bowel movements may last 2 days.

Your stomach will rumble a bit and for awhile. Let it. You also should be careful to avoid passing "gas" that might not be. When you finally go, it will at first be a lot of the solution, water really. That is just the start.

Most people prefer to do this in the comfort of there home, in the evening or at a time when they will not have to leave for several hours.

If you decide to try this "option", I wish you success. Being backed up is certainly uncomfortable.
Closed Thread