Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
I am trying to stay warm!!! It is about 5 degrees warmer this morning then yesterday morning!! Makes feeding the cattle a challenge that is for sure. Blew a leak in one of the hydrolic hoses on the tractor.

I hope your husband doesn't have to work outside in this weather!!!
Where are you from jupiter. I feel sorry for all those cattle out there, I drive a hour to work each day and all week those cattle have be crowded into the corner of the pasture trying to stay warm, they look so cold. Sorry seems like this cold weather is getting me a little off topic.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #167  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Ok, once again I'm running in here for help.

Going out to dinner with the MIL tonight, and we are going to Red Robin (YUM)

I would give my eye tooth for one of their burgers, so I have customizer my burger and it has calculated the the specs for me... (very cool webpage I must say) So what do you guys thing? Seems like a lot of fat (but then again, I don't know now many grams of fat I'm getting daily) and the sugar has me worried.

Shroom Burger - Patty and mushrooms only. No sauce, no bun, no cheese, no garlic butter....

Cal: 421
Fat: 28 g
Sodium 482 g
Carbs: 8 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 33 g
Weight: 282g - this seem way over weight, maybe eating 1/2 of the patty?
Sugar: 3 g

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.
maybe eat only half the burger but load her up with lettice and tomato? and maybe some green peppers and dill pickles to make it interesting for you.just an idea.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #168  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Thanks Tweety! I was gonna do a salad too - the tomato as that's a occassional veggie.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone
I just have a quick second to check in before I'm off for the day but wanted to share with you all. Had my first official weigh in this morning and although she didn't measure me this week I am down.....

14.5 lbs

I couldn't be happier! Thank you all so much for helping me through this week. I'm looking forward to the new me!

WEEEE WHOOOO....Congratulations!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All

The scale finally moved this morning and I couldn't be happier.....I'm in the 150's finally, well 159.5 but It's good enough for me, I'm remotivated to get to my goal!!! YIPPIE!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Good Morning All

The scale finally moved this morning and I couldn't be happier.....I'm in the 150's finally, well 159.5 but It's good enough for me, I'm remotivated to get to my goal!!! YIPPIE!!!!
Good for you congratulations on the last stretch sort of speak, hoping I get in my 50's soon. wieghrd myself this morning and was 163, last 10 lbs have been a struggle.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Good Morning All

maggie- we must be kindred souls.... we both conquered the 160's just today! it is a rush isn't it when the numbers finally turn to the next 10's. i thought i would never get thru 160's but today it is worth it! here's to kicking 150's fat butt!

SV - i updated my tickers. hello 159!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #173  

Quote:
Ok, once again I'm running in here for help.

Going out to dinner with the MIL tonight, and we are going to Red Robin (YUM)

I would give my eye tooth for one of their burgers, so I have customizer my burger and it has calculated the the specs for me... (very cool webpage I must say) So what do you guys thing? Seems like a lot of fat (but then again, I don't know now many grams of fat I'm getting daily) and the sugar has me worried.

Shroom Burger - Patty and mushrooms only. No sauce, no bun, no cheese, no garlic butter....

Cal: 421
Fat: 28 g
Sodium 482 g
Carbs: 8 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 33 g
Weight: 282g - this seem way over weight, maybe eating 1/2 of the patty?
Sugar: 3 g

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.
Sherry- my best advise is to keep it simple. meat the size of a deck of cards. veggies and a salad. i put some 0/0/0/ drink mix stix in my purse and have a fruity drink as well to make it feel more festive! fruity sweet drink helped while my DH and boy were chowing down on their *onion rings and fried jalapenos with ranch and blue cheese!* (white out)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
I am a little frustrated, I know there was a scale debate going on here a few days ago and now I know what others were talking about. I had my WI last evening and the scale showed 165. I hopped on the scale this morning and it read 160. I know the scale fluctuates, but 5 lbs is a big number. I guess maybe the time of my WI might be a factor. Just wanted to vent....thanks!!
hollmark- try this experiment.... weigh yourself first thing after going potty in the am on your scale, then again right before you go to bed on your scale. i bet you'll see a big difference. mornings are always lighter for me. i actually kept 2 sets of numbers for awhile. the scale at home and the one at the hosptial where i work. why???? i have absolutely no idea whatsoever..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmilk View Post
Excellent Rondar, will try the vanilla + banana pineapple mix tomorrow...going out to buy some different packets now. By curiosity...how much do you guys pay for a box of 7 packets? Are we allowed to say or talk about this on the forum?

Also....what's the overall attitude towards IP'ers without coaches on this forum...is that frowned uponed here? Are we considered lucky, not lucky, deviant ....lol

My one week weigh in will be Monday....but I am already feeling so much better in my jeans. I can at least sit without the buttons and zipper digging into my stomach. I used to have to tuck my belly into my jeans after sitting...and now...just one week later, I don't have to do it anymore...Woot woot!!
gotmilk- i don't buy IP so i can't help with cost of box. when juice man was thinking about leaving the forum because he had decided to use alternate products (but still follow the IP method) he had alot of support to stay. so I'd say based on that, it's all good! alot of us substitute products into the dr. tran protocol. if you haven't read his book yet you should. it's free and linked to on the intro page for each daily chat.

NEW VEGGIE BLING! i found some popcorn seasonings 0/0/0 in a variety of flavors. i bought every flavor they and have big plans for my veggies. they look like molly mcbutters or whatever that product was... should be yummy!

Last edited by rondar; 02-26-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #174  

Well I was not sure what to wear this morning, everything except for 1 pair of pants that needed washing fit anymore. Need to go shopping I guess, went to a closet with my small clothes in it ( you know the ones, the ones you think you will never get into but hang on just in case) Well pulled out a pair of jeans have not worn in at least 10 years and they fit perfectly. made me feel so much bettter since my wieght loss lately has been slow.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #175  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
Sherry- my best advise is to keep it simple. meat the size of a deck of cards. veggies and a salad. i put some 0/0/0/ drink mix stix in my purse and have a fruity drink as well to make it feel more festive! fruity sweet drink helped while my DH and boy were chowing down on their *onion rings and fried jalapenos with ranch and blue cheese!* (white out)

!
Hi Rondar & Jace

Thanks for your help. Do you know that Red Robin does serve any kind of veggies besides salads, which most have no no's in them.

I'm gonna do the planned burger w/ shrooms. Cut in half when served and have a doggie box waiting on the table when it arrives and bring the other 1/2 home with me, and order a small salad. Yep yep that's the plan!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 172.8/156/150

Height: 5'6

Smile IP diet is best weight loss program out there

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I have enjoyed reading all the posts, this is an awesome support group.

My sister lives in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada and she lost 55lbs in 4 months, 4 years ago, and she has kept it off by following a diet that is organic and healthy. She now teaches classes out of her home for people on maintenance after IP, to help them create healthy recipes for their families and continue maintaining their weight. She has a website so if anyone wants to see the healthy recipes they will be able to enjoy once they reach their goal weight check it out at: http://www.thehealthnut.ca/

In March 2008 I had my annual physical and my blood pressure was sky high, I weighed 175 lbs and I had tried every diet out there, nothing worked for me. My doctor put me on high blood pressure pills that I would have to be on for the rest of my life and she said in a couple of years I would have to take other drugs because there would be other symptoms that would have to be dealt with.

I was really upset, I don't even take a tylenol for a headache!!! I called my sister and she told me how to proceed with IP diet since it was not available in Calgary at the time. She gave me the diet and I was able to order the products online. In two months I lost 30 lbs. wow, I weighed 145 lbs. for the first time in years. I felt amazing and my clothes went from size 16 and Plus sizes to size 8 - 10. I was also keeping tabs on my blood pressure daily as I had purchased a blood pressure monitor from Costco. I could see that my blood pressure was really low so the next month I went to see my doctor and of course the first thing she saw was my huge weight loss, she was shocked. Then I showed her my blood pressure readings and she said I had done everything I had to do to get my health back. She immediately took me off the pills and I have never gone back on them. So much for being on drugs for the rest of my life that would have had all kinds of side effects over time.

I kept my weight off for quite a while but I had no support in Calgary as IP didn't exist and I wasn't able to follow all the Phases of the program which would have been really helpful. I gained about 10 lbs over two years which wasn't bad but in the last year I have become pre-menopausal (I am 54) and the weight just started creeping up, this depressed me and I started eating things I shouldn't have and I wasn't exercising. This January I weighed myself after Christmas and was shocked to see that I was up to 172.8 lbs UGHHHH As the IP program is now in Calgary, a friend and I both joined together and this time I will go through all the Phases and then make recipes from my sister's blog. In the first five weeks I have lost 16.8 lbs and 23 1/2 inches all over, amazing!!

So even if you are menopausal you will lose with this diet and if you follow all the Phases through to maintenance and eat healthy after that and exercise, you will keep it off. My sister is proof of that.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #177  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone
I just have a quick second to check in before I'm off for the day but wanted to share with you all. Had my first official weigh in this morning and although she didn't measure me this week I am down.....

14.5 lbs

I couldn't be happier! Thank you all so much for helping me through this week. I'm looking forward to the new me!
OMG THATS CRAZY!! it took me three weeks to loose that much! good for you girl!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #178  

Quote:
Hi Rondar & Jace

Thanks for your help. Do you know that Red Robin does serve any kind of veggies besides salads, which most have no no's in them.

I'm gonna do the planned burger w/ shrooms. Cut in half when served and have a doggie box waiting on the table when it arrives and bring the other 1/2 home with me, and order a small salad. Yep yep that's the plan!!!!
i bet they will "modify" your salad if you ask... have fun and no &itch slapping the MIL when she starts nagging about you "can have a couple of bites"..
Old 02-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 178/169/150

Height: 5'8''

Very inspiring....great story! Keep up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazar10 View Post
Hi,

I am new to this forum and I have enjoyed reading all the posts, this is an awesome support group.

My sister lives in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada and she lost 55lbs in 4 months, 4 years ago, and she has kept it off by following a diet that is organic and healthy. She now teaches classes out of her home for people on maintenance after IP, to help them create healthy recipes for their families and continue maintaining their weight. She has a website so if anyone wants to see the healthy recipes they will be able to enjoy once they reach their goal weight check it out at: http://www.thehealthnut.ca/

In March 2008 I had my annual physical and my blood pressure was sky high, I weighed 175 lbs and I had tried every diet out there, nothing worked for me. My doctor put me on high blood pressure pills that I would have to be on for the rest of my life and she said in a couple of years I would have to take other drugs because there would be other symptoms that would have to be dealt with.

I was really upset, I don't even take a tylenol for a headache!!! I called my sister and she told me how to proceed with IP diet since it was not available in Calgary at the time. She gave me the diet and I was able to order the products online. In two months I lost 30 lbs. wow, I weighed 145 lbs. for the first time in years. I felt amazing and my clothes went from size 16 and Plus sizes to size 8 - 10. I was also keeping tabs on my blood pressure daily as I had purchased a blood pressure monitor from Costco. I could see that my blood pressure was really low so the next month I went to see my doctor and of course the first thing she saw was my huge weight loss, she was shocked. Then I showed her my blood pressure readings and she said I had done everything I had to do to get my health back. She immediately took me off the pills and I have never gone back on them. So much for being on drugs for the rest of my life that would have had all kinds of side effects over time.

I kept my weight off for quite a while but I had no support in Calgary as IP didn't exist and I wasn't able to follow all the Phases of the program which would have been really helpful. I gained about 10 lbs over two years which wasn't bad but in the last year I have become pre-menopausal (I am 54) and the weight just started creeping up, this depressed me and I started eating things I shouldn't have and I wasn't exercising. This January I weighed myself after Christmas and was shocked to see that I was up to 172.8 lbs UGHHHH As the IP program is now in Calgary, a friend and I both joined together and this time I will go through all the Phases and then make recipes from my sister's blog. In the first five weeks I have lost 16.8 lbs and 23 1/2 inches all over, amazing!!

So even if you are menopausal you will lose with this diet and if you follow all the Phases through to maintenance and eat healthy after that and exercise, you will keep it off. My sister is proof of that.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Well ladies and gents I finally did it! Its not official but this morning

!!!!!!!139!!!!!!!!!
OMG you have no idea! Don't give up! I was stuck for weeks and was seriously thinking of quitting. But look what happened!
Closed Thread