Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #196  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Try a different veggie... maybe celery, bell peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms those seem to be my "run to" veggies.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
You dont have a desire to eat because of Kitosis, and that's a good thing! But you must eat to avoid your body going into starvation mode. Have you tried the drinks? What about having a protein bar (restricted) for lunch. Who was it, hmmm Rondar I think blending spinach with her drinks just to get the veggies down. She saids you cant even taste them, just makes it green.. lol If the truth be known, I'm never cared much for veggies either unless they are smothered with all kind of no-nos. But I am on a mission to get this weight off and get on with my life.

Are you taking all your supplements?

All I can tell you is take this one day at a time and one pound at a time. I'm sorry this plan is stressing you, and I know it takes a lot of planning to do this, but it will be worth it in the end.

You never answered.... How's your sickness.
I am taking all the supps faithfully, and as far as being sick goes - I still have this insufferable cold, plus the abdominal pain is still coming and going. I have tried the pink lemonade and the peach mango and they both tasted awful to me. I had to plug my nose to get them down. I just have never been a fan of forcing myself to eat when I`m not hungry. Nothing seems even tolerable anymore. I am to the point where at lunch I am having my protein pack with my two cups of spinach but I dice up a couple ounces of actual protein (usually chicken leftovers from the night before) and put it with the spinach so I can get it down.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #198  

Well Camino, no one says you just have to eat spinach, try another veggie. Have you tried the Cappacino drink? You can have RTD's for every packet meal if you want.

I really think you should see your doc about the abdominal pain.

Also, you may want to add Vitamin C. This protocol runs your resistance down, I have been on 1000 mg a day and started that 1 week before I started IP, as I have a low resistance anyway. If someone steps into my office and I know they are sick, I run them out.... quickly! lol

Honey, if I could pull you thru the hardest part, I would in a heartbeat.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

I have a quick question. Is it okay to skip veggies at lunch ? I have the chicken soup and feel pretty full. Usually add more veggies for dinner. It has been amazing the past couple of days with no hunger. Sometimes look at the clock and realize that I missed lunch. Thanks for any info!!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #200  

Hey Camio... have you tried the crisp cereal? It's good with some cinnamon sprinkled on it before you add the water.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #201  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
I have a quick question. Is it okay to skip veggies at lunch ? I have the chicken soup and feel pretty full. Usually add more veggies for dinner. It has been amazing the past couple of days with no hunger. Sometimes look at the clock and realize that I missed lunch. Thanks for any info!!
Rulemom....

Doesn't matter when you eat them, as long as you have 4 cups.

For me to get them down, I start nibbling on them at 9 am because I know there is no way in **** I'm gonna eat 4 cups of veggies at dinner.

Ohhhh heres a thought for ya Camino....

Have you thought about throwing some veggies in with your salad? That's a good way to get them down too...
Old 02-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #202  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazar10 View Post
Hi,

I am new to this forum and I have enjoyed reading all the posts, this is an awesome support group.

My sister lives in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada and she lost 55lbs in 4 months, 4 years ago, and she has kept it off by following a diet that is organic and healthy. She now teaches classes out of her home for people on maintenance after IP, to help them create healthy recipes for their families and continue maintaining their weight. She has a website so if anyone wants to see the healthy recipes they will be able to enjoy once they reach their goal weight check it out at: http://www.thehealthnut.ca/

In March 2008 I had my annual physical and my blood pressure was sky high, I weighed 175 lbs and I had tried every diet out there, nothing worked for me. My doctor put me on high blood pressure pills that I would have to be on for the rest of my life and she said in a couple of years I would have to take other drugs because there would be other symptoms that would have to be dealt with.

I was really upset, I don't even take a tylenol for a headache!!! I called my sister and she told me how to proceed with IP diet since it was not available in Calgary at the time. She gave me the diet and I was able to order the products online. In two months I lost 30 lbs. wow, I weighed 145 lbs. for the first time in years. I felt amazing and my clothes went from size 16 and Plus sizes to size 8 - 10. I was also keeping tabs on my blood pressure daily as I had purchased a blood pressure monitor from Costco. I could see that my blood pressure was really low so the next month I went to see my doctor and of course the first thing she saw was my huge weight loss, she was shocked. Then I showed her my blood pressure readings and she said I had done everything I had to do to get my health back. She immediately took me off the pills and I have never gone back on them. So much for being on drugs for the rest of my life that would have had all kinds of side effects over time.

I kept my weight off for quite a while but I had no support in Calgary as IP didn't exist and I wasn't able to follow all the Phases of the program which would have been really helpful. I gained about 10 lbs over two years which wasn't bad but in the last year I have become pre-menopausal (I am 54) and the weight just started creeping up, this depressed me and I started eating things I shouldn't have and I wasn't exercising. This January I weighed myself after Christmas and was shocked to see that I was up to 172.8 lbs UGHHHH As the IP program is now in Calgary, a friend and I both joined together and this time I will go through all the Phases and then make recipes from my sister's blog. In the first five weeks I have lost 16.8 lbs and 23 1/2 inches all over, amazing!!

So even if you are menopausal you will lose with this diet and if you follow all the Phases through to maintenance and eat healthy after that and exercise, you will keep it off. My sister is proof of that.

Thanks for posting your sister's site. I have already glanced at it and put it in my favorites. I know it will be helpful. I began phase 4 a week ago. I plan to stay this size and I feel like I now have the chance to eat differently than I ever have in my life. I am so thankful to be off of the carb cycle. Judy
Old 02-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #203  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Well I have had a NSV and decided I am going to play indoor box lacrosse again. I haven't played for about 25 years and found a oldtimers league here at home to join. I have been afraid to play any sport just because I was too heavy but now I have no excuse and need to get active. I have also posted a updated picture of my weight loss after being on IP for 14 weeks if you wish to look click on the link at the bottom of my signature. Have a great IP day everyone.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #204  

WOW Couts!!!! You like amazing! Thanks for the incentive, and good luck with the team!!! <~~~~~ sideline cheerleader...

Can you tell I use to cheer? lol
Old 02-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #205  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Well I have had a NSV and decided I am going to play indoor box lacrosse again. I haven't played for about 25 years and found a oldtimers league here at home to join. I have been afraid to play any sport just because I was too heavy but now I have no excuse and need to get active. I have also posted a updated picture of my weight loss after being on IP for 14 weeks if you wish to look click on the link at the bottom of my signature. Have a great IP day everyone.
Couts, you should be very proud, what an amazing transformation! You are always so upbeat and helpful, I am always glad to read your posts.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #206  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebs grandma View Post
Checking in after a long absence .... wow, lots of new "faces"! Welcome everyone and woo hoo! on all the NSV and weigh-ins this week.

I am officially in Phase 3 now .... my body needs a break and for some reason, those last 2 pounds won't go away! Finally figured it wasn't worth beating myself up over. I need to focus on the 47 pounds that I did lose -- not the 2 that seem to be hanging on for dear life!

I am having trouble with Phase 3 ... I really like the convenience of a carmel nut bar and a cup of hot tea every morning ... so actually having a real breakfast has been a problem. Trying to get my head around the idea and have put off starting Phase 3 until Monday.

The "good" news is that for the last two weeks, I've been acting like a bratty little kid. Haven't kept a food diary and although on plan 90 percent of the time, I have added an cup of yogurt, a slice of bread, or a small piece of dark chocolate once in a while. But, even doing that, I haven't experienced a weight gain. Makes me think I can keep this off and make good choices.

So, because I know phasing off is so important to the plan's success, I will go back to POP on Monday .... but if all goes well, will be on Phase 4 by mid March.

Now, my own NSV --- I bought a pair of size 8 jeans today!!!!!!!!!! From tight 18s to 8s in 6 months! Thank you, IP and this forum.
You dropped 5 sizes in clothes, I dropped from a 14 to a 6, making mine a drop of 4 sizes. All I can say is there is nothing like it. Although I had met my goal and wanted to move on, I found myself hesitating. I realized phase 1 and 2 had become a comfort zone for me. I like to cook, but I will admit that I had really enjoyed not having to cook breakfast. Once I got into phase 3 I began to enjoy it. I have finished 1 week on phase 4 and have continued to eat basically the same breakfast as I did on phase 3, but I now have the freedom to change my breakfast as I want. I want to enjoy my freedom, but stay within the guidelines of phase 4, to keep my weight where it is now. I know we both will succeed. Keep me posted. Judy
Old 02-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #207  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
I just looked at your pictures. Lookin good!!! I know you feel great.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Couts - wowza!!! You should be so proud of yourself. And I wanted to add my thanks to you for being so supportive to the people on this forum.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I am all for getting clothes that fit. Clothes that are too big are sloppy and you need to feel great! I am getting my clothes at the consignment store. I know this size will only be temporary so after I grow out of them I either give them to someone else, or give them to the goodwill.
I'm not buying new until I get to 150 then I'm heading to Dallas and going on a shopping spree.
I'm going to start a fund. Each pound lost must be worth something. HOW MUCH?
I did the same thing, and strongly recommend consignment/goodwill/etc. to everyone! You are not only losing weight, your body shape is changing. I really believe it is a great idea to buy "transition" clothing that you feel great in and looks great on you at your current weight. Then, when you don't need it anymore, donate it back because it has served its purpose. Someone else will be glad to get it. It's a win-win situation!
Old 02-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
I have no desire to eat. I forced myself to have a RTD chocolate drink this morning. It is quarter to three in the afternoon and that is all I have had plus some water. I am heading into my 5th week of the protocol. I have been eating the pudding every day since I started - I am not enjoying it even with modifications (cinammon in chocolate, pumpkin pie in vanilla). I`m not a veggie person to begin with so spinach every day is getting old fast. I`m trying to stay focused on my goal, but with the protocol and the other stress in my life I feel like it is going to make me crazy more than anything else.
Have you tried blending your drinks and/or puddings with some ice the puddings come out nice and thick and the drinks I add a little extra water and have a drink that's like a shake, it's delish!!! Also I'm not a big veggie eater either and tend to stick to the same few BUT, I found that roasting them in the oven has become my favorite way to eat them, I would never eat cauliflower before but roasted it tastes great..Hope this helps a little.
Closed Thread