Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
losingforgood- omg! you look smokin hot! LOVE IT! in a 2 piece no less! wow! work it girl!
hahhahahhaha thanks...and you know the funny thing? its actually a 'tankini'... a two piece but a long to the hips top.... I was so hot from the sun...I took a chance (the rum helped with my fear) and rolled the bottom up under the bra area............ thus.........i had discovered how to keep a decent tan and NOT a white fish belly when I returned home. Next year? I will purchase a REAL two piece
Old 02-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #47  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 View Post
Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a great day!

I just had a question about yoga... I am thinking about taking a class on Wednesday but my coach says to not exercise. I've never done yoga and so I don't know how much it would get my heart rate up... would it be classified as exercise if I am not getting my heart rate up? I am actually looking into yoga because of my stress level lately... I think me being stressed out all the time is not helping my weight loss.
Yoga is not a cardio exercise. You should be fine with it. You are right, stress can impact weight loss, so if you feel yoga may help relieve that stress, go for it!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #48  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Hello all, Today is day 6 of IP and I feel soooo much better. Yesterday I was ready to throw in the towel I felt so sick but I think I have finally gotten over the hump. Tomorrow is my first WI day and I am very excited! I can definitely tell that I have lost some weight and I am excited to see how much (hoping for 5+ lbs)

I am going to Yoga today for the first time since being on IP my coach told me that low intesity exercise was ok as long as I had the energy. We shall see how it goes I brought a snack as I am going right after work. I plan on doing yoga twice a week as I really enjoy it and feel like I should be doing some sort of physical activity
Old 02-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Don't you just love the golden color of the dress?
The other dress I had picked out ( that fit) was the typical dress with jacket over it.. kinda frumpy..I felt sad in it.. but THIS dress I feel ' alive'...

I promise to post a pic of me in the dress - but you will have to wait til summer...golden godess here I come!!!!!!!!!!
That dress is gorgeous!

I have a wedding to go to this summer as well. My cousin picked me as a bridesmaid in her wedding and she has been CRAZY about the planning. She already had us buy our dresses! I told her that I would be losing weight and my size 20 dress (dresses fit 2 sizes bigger than your pants size, weird, I know!) probably wouldn't fit me by the time August comes around. Heck, by the time August comes around I may need a size 10! It will be very interesting trying to fit that size 20 to me. And of course, the style she chose isn't available anymore. Oh well! Not my problem, I suppose. Hah.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Default home sick- day 2

well i'm home sick day 2. daytime tv sucks and i can't muster enough energy to do anything else. my eyes are so teary i can't read. so, i'll just keep checking the board today and pestering everyone!

like i mentioned i have been having some low carb cheats, i.e. almonds, a flax and egg muffin thing (which is way good btw) if anyone is in phase 2 or above i'd be glad to give the recipe... thank goodness i made them savory to use as a bun for my salmon patty, if they hadn't been herb and onion flavored i'd of toasted and smeared em all w peanut butter and made a pig of myself.

i checked for ketones this am and i'm still in like flin- whew! my chai tea drink for breakfast. will try to do better today, but i'm learning that food network is sanctioned by the ip devil himself and linda's low carb site is dangerous as well!!

i remember someone saying they go on atkins induction for a break... who was that? and how successful have you been with it? i used to do atkins and always lost, but not near as well as IP! i'm halfway to my goal and of course being home with the crud makes me whine and moan alot about comfort food
Old 02-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #51  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I'm back, I'm back, I'm back! I feel like I haven't been on here in forever, though it has probably only really been about a week or so. Life has been a little nuts lately and I don't think it will be slowing down for 2 more days, until surgery is over with.

I'm loving life in my 8s but since this has been a REALLY slow month for my losses, I'm trying not to get complacent in them. I suspect (or just really hope) that things pick up after surgery. I think that I've been under a lot of stress since my initial appt with the surgeon and that my body has been hanging on to the weight. At least I know that when I WI next week, come **** or high water, I'll definitely have lost at least 2 pounds! hehehehe
Old 02-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
hahhahahhaha thanks...and you know the funny thing? its actually a 'tankini'... a two piece but a long to the hips top.... I was so hot from the sun...I took a chance (the rum helped with my fear) and rolled the bottom up under the bra area............ thus.........i had discovered how to keep a decent tan and NOT a white fish belly when I returned home. Next year? I will purchase a REAL two piece
oh i can only dream of a real 2 piece..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
That dress is gorgeous!

I have a wedding to go to this summer as well. My cousin picked me as a bridesmaid in her wedding and she has been CRAZY about the planning. She already had us buy our dresses! I told her that I would be losing weight and my size 20 dress (dresses fit 2 sizes bigger than your pants size, weird, I know!) probably wouldn't fit me by the time August comes around. Heck, by the time August comes around I may need a size 10! It will be very interesting trying to fit that size 20 to me. And of course, the style she chose isn't available anymore. Oh well! Not my problem, I suppose. Hah.
better get dibs on a good alterations seamstress, gonna need one for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I'm back, I'm back, I'm back! I feel like I haven't been on here in forever, though it has probably only really been about a week or so. Life has been a little nuts lately and I don't think it will be slowing down for 2 more days, until surgery is over with.

I'm loving life in my 8s but since this has been a REALLY slow month for my losses, I'm trying not to get complacent in them. I suspect (or just really hope) that things pick up after surgery. I think that I've been under a lot of stress since my initial appt with the surgeon and that my body has been hanging on to the weight. At least I know that when I WI next week, come **** or high water, I'll definitely have lost at least 2 pounds! hehehehe
mrs d- welcome back! so in 2 days you part with the girls? so exciting and scarry! if you haven't been to surgery, where ya been hiding?
Old 02-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
like i mentioned i have been having some low carb cheats, i.e. almonds, a flax and egg muffin thing (which is way good btw) if anyone is in phase 2 or above i'd be glad to give the recipe... thank goodness i made them savory to use as a bun for my salmon patty, if they hadn't been herb and onion flavored i'd of toasted and smeared em all w peanut butter and made a pig of myself.
I am in Phase II, and sure would like to know this egg muffin recipe you talk of!! Sounds interesting and yummy!! I made a crustless quiche the other day and it was ok, I like to have things ready in the fridge so this was good.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #54  
OneBadGRANDmotherRunner

S/C/G: 152/143/120

Height: 5'

Hello!
I'm fairly new to IP (just finished 4th week) but following it to a "T"--just had my weigh-in and lost 0, Zippo, Nada. I'm pretty bummed. I did lose 2.5 in. but not in places where I feel it in my clothes. I'm not giving up but just have to say this standstill came waaaay earlier in the process than I expected or wanted.

I am going to start exercising again. I was very active before starting IP and have been not doing much except walking the dog these past four weeks (as instructed by program consultant). Well, now I figure what can it hurt and at least it will help me mentally (pick up those endorphins).

Okay, just using this as a sounding board. Congrats to all who are doing well!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #55  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
mrs d- welcome back! so in 2 days you part with the girls? so exciting and scarry! if you haven't been to surgery, where ya been hiding?
Life has just been crazy. We've had stuff going on in the evenings, we were out of town last weekend and then all the stuff that I have been trying to take care of before surgery (errands, pedi, grocery shopping, etc) means that I have barely had any time to get online. Oh well!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #56  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonieRuns View Post
Hello!
I'm fairly new to IP (just finished 4th week) but following it to a "T"--just had my weigh-in and lost 0, Zippo, Nada. I'm pretty bummed. I did lose 2.5 in. but not in places where I feel it in my clothes. I'm not giving up but just have to say this standstill came waaaay earlier in the process than I expected or wanted.

I am going to start exercising again. I was very active before starting IP and have been not doing much except walking the dog these past four weeks (as instructed by program consultant). Well, now I figure what can it hurt and at least it will help me mentally (pick up those endorphins).

I too had a dismal week #4 WI, 1.2#. Hang in there, it is not the end. I had 8-9# losses the previous 3 weeks. Week 4 is an adjustment period, but will pick back up, trust me. I follow protocol to a T. I am showing already a 5# loss on my home scales.

Keep at it and stick with it, it will work. Don't be discouraged! We can do it!
Old 02-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #57  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Hello!

Ahhhh -- you just experienced the dreaded week 3-4 curse -- there are many of us on this site who had the same thing happen week 3/4 -- mine happened on week 4 - I lost 0.7 pounds (and then two days later...TOM) -- I am hoping for a better WI #5 - and I am already down 3 pounds according to my home scale - so hopefully that will show on Friday when I weigh in. It is frustrating especially when you do everything to a T and then nothing -- I too did loose inches so that helped. I was just spoiled with great weigh ins weeks 1-3 -- I forgot what it felt like to lose weight like I used to when I did WW -- Hang in there -- I am only a few days ahead of you -- check your weight in 3 days from now - I bet you will have lost. This is just a hurdle (my inner dialogue) to test my will power ---but I will pass this test and so will you
Old 02-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #58  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Hello!

Others have already addressed the rest period your body takes in week 3, 4, or 5. It has also been covered extensively this past week.

What do you have to lose? Well, it's impossible to say for sure because you don't give any information. But if you exercise at the level you did before joining the IP program, you could make your stall more permanent; you could lose muscle -- most likely would -- and that includes small and large muscles, like the heart. I'm not sure you've absorbed enough information about the program yet to start manipulating it.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #59  

Quote:
Hello!

here's to wishing you a whoosh fairy! (low carber lingo) it'll pick up again, don't worry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieann77 View Post
I am in Phase II, and sure would like to know this egg muffin recipe you talk of!! Sounds interesting and yummy!! I made a crustless quiche the other day and it was ok, I like to have things ready in the fridge so this was good.
i'll post in a recipe thread and link you up... can't guarantee IP friendly, so use at your own risk, but it only has flax meal, egg and baking powder basically so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Others have already addressed the rest period your body takes in week 3, 4, or 5. It has also been covered extensively this past week.

What do you have to lose? Well, it's impossible to say for sure because you don't give any information. But if you exercise at the level you did before joining the IP program, you could make your stall more permanent; you could lose muscle -- most likely would -- and that includes small and large muscles, like the heart. I'm not sure you've absorbed enough information about the program yet to start manipulating it.
Linden- here's to not losing heart muscle... bad, bad, bad thing! Re-reading Dr. Tran's book is always a good thing too, imo!
Old 02-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 185/155/155

Height: 5.6"

Quote:
Hello!

Chin up sunshine, things will turn around.
Closed Thread